Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= May 23 2013 Design Notes - A New Direction

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= May 23 2013 Design Notes - A New Direction
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/23/2013 14:23:21   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

Randor the Red

May 23, 2013
A New Direction

Hiya Smashers!

This week we updated the Cinco de Mayo shop with the updated Cinco De Mayo outfit (and have added a CC Version). Next update will include weapons and Memorial Day items, and then after that, I will be ending the 5 weeks of the Cinco de Mayo shop with special items I have personally made in the past year that have not yet been released (I have been saving them for a special occasion!)

Also this week I was promoted from Creative Lead to Project Lead (Yergen is still Game Lead). This will lead to new resources and a little more power in decision making. One decision I have made is to begin a revision of Fame and Smashcoins items and pricing; currently we have non-member gear (non-CC), member gear (CC - color customizable) and Smashcoin Items (partially CC, more likely animated). This has caused a lot of issues for the art team and has also made members feel they are not getting what they deserve. Smashcoin items do not count towards bank space as the Smashcoins are actually paying for the space (Like buying extra bank/inventory space) for those items. So the planned changes once finalized and approved will hopefully make everyone much happier!

We will be making only two versions of items, Normal and Special versions. Normal will as always be basic non-CC items, while Special (CC, Animated and click-able options) will come in two pricing options (Fame and Smashcoins). The Smashcoin option will continue to take up no bank space. This will allow artists to just make two versions instead of three of each item, giving them more time to finish projects sooner. Members and Smashcoin spenders get the same items, but Smashcoin versions have the following advantages - Do not take up bank space and even if you are not a member it is still CC gear. Before this happens (will only affect new items once they have been approved) we need to work out the value of Fame to Smashcoins as we want to start making gear scale much more fairly in Fame price, but also at a fair rate for Smashcoin versions. A lot of players
have banked up Fame and many love to farm - we want all of you to be happy playing HeroSmash, so expect new ideas and changes (remember we are still in Beta!)

New Battle Poll is up - Wonderp Bread will make a Wolf or Unicorn head based on which side wins!

Have a great weekend everyone. :)

Tags: Randor the Red Cinco de Mayo Battle Polls

Congrats again Randor on the promotion. Well deserved! I`m liking this plan of yours. I`ve always thought the pricing system could use another look at. You need to come up with some standards, since prices in the past and in recent times have been a bit erratic and not following a fixed set of standards.

So you still have items stashed away that you have been working on and you plan to release them soon? Sounds good to me! Can`t wait to see them.

It looks like you are excited as much as we are about your promotion and I`m sure HS will only benefit from this! I`m hoping you will strive to also give us quest and storyline updates, because lore knows how much the player base wants that to happen! :-)

< Message edited by Balu -- 5/23/2013 14:26:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/23/2013 16:44:57   
plebster

Um, guys this may sound insane, but I have a serious theory about the battle polls being reversed (whenever someone clicks 'vote for wolf', it votes for unicorn, and vice versa). I honestly think this has been happening throughout since the first BP. Nearly eveyone I ask says that they like the wolf more, and is it really such a coincidence that every BP but one had my preferred item 'gone from the game forever'. A post from a player on a clansite suggested this bug, and now that I think about it, I reckon this could be a possibility.
A suitable way to test it would be for a mod/dev to load their account with votes, and spam-vote the wolf head, and see which one actually goes up. I would really appreciate it if you tested this theoried bug. Thanks!

@posty: When you read this, could you post a reply to tell me what you think please? Thanks again :)

Also, thanks for the regular releases! It's going well! I'm loving the cinco de mayo shop so far :D

AQW  Post #: 2
5/23/2013 16:59:35   
Tally

@Plebster
I noticed the same thing last poll, I even used all 300 votes on 1 option to see, and the opposite was given 1%(300 votes).
DF MQ  Post #: 3
5/23/2013 17:04:22   
plebster

Even better, tally already tested it. So IF that is the case, it should definitely be fixed sooner rather than later. A few more tests should be done first though to confirm.
AQW  Post #: 4
5/23/2013 17:19:11   
Twighlight Sky

Well, that would explain why often, the item I don't like wins.

As for Randor's post, congratulations once again! I'm glad to see he's focusing on putting this game more into motion. Between Randor and Wonderp Bread, it's great to know the staff truly cares about us, and about producing the best game they can!

I look forward still to what the future may bring, and for now, I'll enjoy the new items.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/23/2013 23:11:59   
Crystal Lion

At least something's happening in the future of the game. But if the BP really has its votes crossed, maybe one should vote the opposite of their preferred item until the bug's fixed.

Could that bug even be related to the villains' constant advantage over everyone else in old wars?
Post #: 6
5/29/2013 12:15:03   
  Randor the Red

We are looking into the meter bug.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/29/2013 13:10:02   
plebster

AQW  Post #: 8
5/29/2013 16:03:11   
  Randor the Red

Remastered Military Clothes and Helmet has been added to Memorial Day Shop
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= May 23 2013 Design Notes - A New Direction
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition