Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Niki

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Niki
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/14/2013 19:33:53   
Niki
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Niki

Location: Haven on the Horizon, Caught in a Vise, The Siege of Haven, A Decisive Blow, One Step Forward, Supply and Demand, Trust, Lost and Found, Severed Hope, Changing Winds, Fight, Flight, & Fire, A Day for Farewells, Queen of Swordhaven, A Petal Falls, Of Duty and Dragons

Quests given
None

Shops owned
None

Dialogue
Haven on the Horizon

???: Apologies for the interruption. I bring urgent word of Rose troop movements.

Niki: Rose units have started making their way in the direction of the Buo'Kia villages.

Niki: One moment, Bajacu', there is more.
Niki: Kara, their target may be the Buo'Kia, or they may have found... the Haven.

Niki: Mritha has reported an unusual gathering of dragons nearby as well. She is keeping a watchful eye on them for now.
Niki: But if The Rose and the dragons have allied, then...

Niki: Indeed. Your actions live up to the stories.

Niki: Lehacu' did what? She really went to parley with The Rose? I warned her–

Niki: No... no, no... The Rose will not stop with the Haven. Your village is still in danger!

Niki: Understood.

Niki: You must let us in. The Rose pursues them even now–

Niki: As I've said, that's the least of your worries! The dragons–

Caught in a Vise

Niki: We will defend the Haven whether you want us here or not. We'd prefer to be here with your blessing, though.

The Siege of Haven

• Talk
    Niki: It's chaos out on the frontlines.

Niki: And we're caught in the middle.

Niki: I have hope. I have confidence. We'll hold them off!

A Decisive Blow

Niki: Indeed. I've located the leader of The Rose forces.

Niki: If we can take out the leader of their forces here, we can drive The Rose to retreat.

Niki: He was the one who masterminded the Sanctuary assault, wasn't he?

One Step Forward

Niki: Kara...
    Niki: I've had my own doubts. There are... There are those we are unable to save. That is a fact.
    Niki: After the siege of Haven, I asked myself if it was worth it. All this loss, even among the victories.
    Niki: But I've seen what has happened to the clawkin first-hand. I've visited the refugees living in the boughs of Sulen'Eska.
    Niki: Rest assured, it's better that we are here to defend who we can, than not at all.

Niki: Blah?

Niki: We have to try to help them, don't we? We can't just leave them for The Rose to attack!

Niki: There's no sign of struggle that I can see.

Supply and Demand

Niki: The resistance forces grow by the day as well.
    Niki: Foraging in the swamp may work for some, but keeping an army supplied will take more than that. Much more.

Niki: But they're already accepting refugees, aren't they? Even if we can solve that issue, that would be a step forward.

Trust

Niki: He approached us and demanded to know where he could find "the resistance".

Niki: Should we... help?

Niki: Melissa...

Lost and Found

Niki: ...

Niki: This... creature was from my village.

Niki: Oh, but how could you forget?
    Niki: How could you not remember the green monster—the child—you and your fellow creatures tossed out into the forest?
    Niki: Well, I found beasts. I found the Clawkin, and others!
    Niki: I found people of all shapes and sizes who were more tolerable than you sorry excuses for humanity.
    Niki: And I survived!

Niki: And now you've come begging, with your tail between your legs, begging for safety?
    Niki: I know you. I know you're no mage. You had no fear of persecution from The Rose.
    Niki: So why try to sneak in amongst those who truly need our aid?

Niki: So like a rodent who ate all the grain, you're just moving on? What of the others? I saw no one else I recognized.
    Niki: Despicable. Cowardly. I should... I...

Niki: ...Run.

Niki: I'm sorry you had to see that, <Character>, Mritha.

Niki: What, now? Or...

Niki: You're friends. I do not mind.

Niki: When I was young, I was a normal... human girl.
    Niki: I lived in a small town, with other normal humans.
    Niki: And then, as I grew older, I started to manifest control over magic.
    Niki: I had an affinity for Nature magic, and it seems as though it had an affinity for me, as my skin turned the shade of green you see today.
    Niki: Of course, the rather unpleasantly superstitious members of the community took offense at my change.
    Niki: They decried me as an ill omen from the Avatars. A monster who would turn into a witch and eat children.
    Niki: ...I was just a girl. A girl with magic and green skin.
    Niki: And so they threw me out into the forest. Threatened to kill me if they saw me in town again.
    Niki: Treated that gesture as though it were some sort of... mercy.

Niki: Ha. Just as bad as the rest of them. Might have been one of the first to disown me.
    Niki: My family is the Vind now. The Vind, the Clawkin, and the people of the forests and swamps.

Niki: I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. When he arrived with the refugees, I couldn't hold myself back.
    Niki: I'm sorry. I owe you both an apology. Thank you for coming after me.
    Niki: I owe Svera, Kara, and the guards apologies too. I must have made them worry so much.

Niki: ...Thank you for the offer, but I think a stroll alone in the swamp is something I desperately need right now.

Niki: You as well, <Character>, Mritha.

Severed Hope

Niki: He's clearly trying to goad us into rash action. What for, I do not—

Niki: Bajacu', I need your help. Those cowards left their wounded without a second thought.

Niki: Indeed. Let's find a likely candidate and bring them back with us.

Changing Winds

Niki: Some of the Clawkin will be by shortly if you need anything else.

Niki: Let's start with the questions then.
    Niki: What is Akanthus planning?

Niki: Perhaps she's being used as a figurehead for whatever reason? That seems odd considering her actions in the conflict against Yalla.

Niki: Do people in Swordhaven really not hear about the enslavement and oppression?

Niki: Putting all the blame on a single name helps their cause.

Niki: We'll take that into consideration.

Niki: Do we have enough resources to mount such an offense? I'm all for saving lives where we can, but we have to consider our own first.

Fight, Flight, & Fire

Niki: Understood.

A Day for Farewells

Niki: You could always stay in Betrubung, if you wish.

Niki: Understood. I will make sure they do not come to harm in the swamp.

Queen of Swordhaven

Niki: It has been difficult. There are few places in Greenguard safe from the sight of The Rose.
    Niki: Bajacu' and much of her kin have chosen to stay with the Dravir in the new Haven for now.
    Niki: As for the rest... we tried to travel southwest, to the north of the Whispering Steppes.

Niki: Yes.

Niki: I'm... sorry, Kara. We had no choice. It is a risk, but Bajacu' approved of the decision.

Niki: Wouldn't... people think that the King was kidnapped?

A Petal Falls

Of Duty and Dragons

???: Kara? Kara! Oh, thank goodness you're here!

Niki: It's Dragesvard... Just... overnight! There was nothing we could do but run...

Niki: We'd been monitoring the growth and spread of the fungus, and it seemed to be quite containable with some regular pruning.
    Niki: But it never occurred to us that it was still spreading under the ice!
    Niki: At first we thought it was an earthquake of some kind, then, by the time the streets and buildings were cracking, it was almost too late.
    Niki: Dragesvard is... well, gone!

Niki: What's left is a twisted mess of mushrooms, bricks, spores, and snow.

Niki: We were able to evacuate many. Most of the town. They left with the Dragonslayers to find Dragonsgrasp.
    Niki: I came here as fast I could to relay what happened.

Niki: The Dragonslayers hoped their treaty with the DragonLords would allow them to find safety for the refugees.
    Niki: But I don't know if they were successful.

Niki: No. I appreciate it, Kara, but I've worked too hard keeping the people of Dragesvard safe.
    Niki: I will do what I can to protect them, no matter what.

Niki: Kara...
    Niki: You're right, of course. I will rest. Thank you, and may the wind guide you.

Other information
  • Niki previously appeared in the retired quests/zones Freedom Fighters, Rose War Intro, War of the Dragon Rose - Dragon Front -> Dragon Camp!, After the War, The Fairy Court, The War Room, Choose and Queen of Swordhaven; any retired content has been archived on its respective entry.
  • Niki previously offered the retired quests Dragon Bombs, Dravir Trackers, and Help Niki; any retired content has been archived on its respective entry.

Also See: Niki (forum user)

Thanks to Jay for image, additional dialogue, and corrections.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 4/22/2023 12:46:03 >
  • DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> NPCs >> Niki
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition