Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Beta Release Thread 127 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Beta Release Thread 127 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/15/2013 17:45:44   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

Neutral Card Series & The Manslayer Taro!

Posted on June 14, 2013 by Nulgath

Game Update v0.8.11
Neutral Card Series is Live, Ice Series has been removed for now and Taro the Manslayer is finally available to fight for you! Also, Stay tuned for the Nulgath Themed Bike coming to Epic Duel!

Epic Duel Nulgath Motorbike!

Voting for the The Oversoul Art and Backstory Suggestion will Begin this Weekend!

Discussing unreleased content that the game devs have already posted some sort of info on is alright. ~Balu

First of all, I'm going to remind everybody posting in this thread of the =OS= Game Content and Forum Rules , which states:

quote:

Since this game is being directed at a more mature player base there will be things mentioned or shown in Oversoul itself or on the Oversoul Wiki that are not appropriate for the forums. As the various things that are shown or mentioned in Oversoul or on Oversoul's Wiki may be appropriate for the game that does not make it appropriate for the forums so please keep the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules in mind when posting. If you are unsure whether what you want to post is in line with the Forum's Rules please PM an Archknight or Moderator in AE Staff and Staff Assistants List for clarification.

The rules for this forum are simple. They are easy to understand and they are easy to follow. As has been stated before - that even though the game is intended for a more mature audience, the forums are still PG in order to stay family-friendly.

If players want to keep focussing on spamming, purposely breaking the rules and complaining about the rules, they will face the consequences of their actions. You have been forewarned enough times to know better. The immature reactions to the rules stops now.
The choice is yours.
~M4B

Any and every mention of methods and programs that grant users unfair advantages over each other, such as finding a way to get 100% possession or encounter rate, stops now. This is bug abuse and cheating, both of which are not allowed as said in the Universal Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. Every post after this will deleted on sight and the poster warned, with possible other unwanted consequences to their forum accounts.

~Mritha

The AE forums are a place of civility and respect, therefore you are expected to post in the same manner. A few things for you to remember.

1) If someone is posting against the rules, and you realise it, do these three things: Ignore it. Report it. Carry on. Do NOT respond to rule breakers. That is the Forum Staff's job.

2) Just because it is in-game doesn't mean it is allowed here. Know the rules of the AE forums. There are things that are not allowed given our forum rating of PG. Know it and avoid getting yourself in trouble.

3) If you insist on talking about accomplishments that others have yet to conquer, do so in a manner that is polite. Do not rub it in people's faces, do not taunt or tease, and do not throw out tidbits in the name of helping, that only frustrate others and cause them to be upset. Genuinely help, or refrain from posting.

4) Do not correct people's typos and posting mistakes in any form regarding grammar. That is a form of trolling and spam. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand and should be left alone.

Eukara Vox
AE Forum Administration

I'm being very serious when I say that ANYONE who makes a spammy or off-topic post from hereon in will receive a warning, no further warnings will be issued in the Beta Release threads. I suggest you all take some time to read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules as it appears the rules have been neglected. There will be no negotiating these terms, anyone found to violate the previously issued topic warnings WILL receive an Official Warning.

James Lu
ArchKnight Oversoul

Any discussion of manipulating the game mechanics to your advantage needs to be stopped. It can and will lead to punishments in-game, especially if you're abusing glitches to do so. Any more posts I see will be deleted and Warnings will be sent.
~Mallet

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 6/15/2013 18:01:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
6/15/2013 17:49:40   
Mondez

I was actually expecting Trizz to be up there with the art finalists because he had a very good character design and Necrosis would like a good pet to keep beside him, but Shinga the NecroDragon wouldn't like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/15/2013 17:52:37   
BJEBLE

@Mondez I was going to vote for Trizz, but he wasn't a finalist, even though his art was AMAZING.There were still some pretty good drawings other than Trizz's, so I can't complain.

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 6/15/2013 17:53:52 >
DF  Post #: 3
6/15/2013 17:53:04   
Hakunin

Yep, that machingun-guy is nice concept, but the specific character isn't the best if you ask me.

Aqueous also not get my vote, because although the colours and style is AWESOME, it is too much like Darko (although the smoke-thingy tries to derive).

If there wouldn't be Gigael (yer, the hand-drawn one) with all its style and originality in design and whatnot, I'd go with the Shepard (even if it seems hard to code, as it is actually 2 characters).

-----

Backstory:
Sry for Balu as I can't figure ut WHICH character's backstory is nominated, thus falls out imediately.

Cryolaria is just to average.

Resk's fallen angel is just too familiar from Diablo or Ghost Rider, so no.

Mon Dez and Megakyle came out with very similar concepts, where I like kyle's style better, but respect the content and complexity of Dez's much more.
To cut the bog, and to see how it would be coded, I vote instead on Kiyone's (even though she(?) is staff, and staff can design any time they want I assume).
AQ  Post #: 4
6/15/2013 17:57:01   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

I wonder how the voting will look after a few days. I`m sure we will get some cool chars to play with either way. :-)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/15/2013 17:58:03   
Mondez

I just checked out Balu and geez you Balu are a huge fan of Earth Elementals, but you have made it simplistic which I actually like.

I don't plan on losing and Necrosis will get to the top. Believe it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/15/2013 18:01:05   
Cyber doom5

im just worrying that some migo fan girl is gonna discover the unlimited vote flaw and vote up that ugly snake thing migo made

to be honest the gunslinger and hunter both would get my vote if i dint want the gunslinger more

come on guys vote for the guns THE GUNS.

we need guns in oversoul we have one little flint lock

we need a colt revolver chain gun handed cowboy
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
6/15/2013 18:04:54   
Goma

to be honest i don't really like guns i see them as a more sci-fi theme but heck that's just me
AQW  Post #: 8
6/15/2013 18:05:05   
Mondez

@Cyber
Migo's design isn't that bad and at least if it gets animated, it won't lag like Darkon Drago.

I voted for the armored Ventus design because some KH needs to be added in Oversoul.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/15/2013 18:07:01   
Cyber doom5

KH?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
6/15/2013 18:07:32   
Goma

Kingdom Hearts i guess
AQW  Post #: 11
6/15/2013 18:08:26   
Mondez

@Cyber
Kingdom Hearts which the designs seems to be inspired by and it is something I would like to see in Oversoul for fun.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/15/2013 18:14:23   
Goma

Kingdom Hearts is a great game and i can easily see some of the characters be in Oversoul they almost fit the theme perfectly
AQW  Post #: 13
6/15/2013 18:18:43   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

@ Cyber doom5 Please tweet to @Nulgath @Rolith_AE @WarlicAE the info if you think you found an abusable glitch regarding the voting system on http://oversoul.artix.com/

I`m suspecting you might be thinking of Google Chrome and the fact that if you delete the browser cookies and browsing history, you can vote again. I will not try to see if this is possible since i voted using Mozilla Firefox internet browser already.

Sage, Asuka, if you are reading this, a heads-up to Nulgath will be appreciated. I reckon you guys stay in close contact with each other via the internet.

However, I`m thinking that even if there is a glitch that permits you to vote more then once, it will not be taken into consideration. It`s probably based on your IP address.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/15/2013 18:27:42   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

Sage, Asuka, if you are reading this, a heads-up to Nulgath will be appreciated. I reckon you guys stay in close contact with each other via the internet.

Oh no, we walk and have a picnic with penguins and polar bears 8D No but really, Sage and I are already looking into it, no worries. Anything we find, we will report to the big one.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/15/2013 18:31:10   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

i knew you were around. :-) Hope you don`t find something abusable. I don`t like glitches like that. D:<
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/15/2013 18:32:40   
TRizZzCENTRINO

ah well, not really sad about mine not being up there, it would be better as a bike in epicduel, i was expecting draeceroth's and darkon's character up there since they look much better than some and are more fitting for oversoul.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/15/2013 18:34:13   
Jmagician

Guys I just realized something BIG about CC. Something that has to change no matter what. We all know about Multi-Character battles are going to be implemented in the future. However, CC is set for any character you equip. In order for it to be compatible, CC has to be unique to every individual character!
AQW  Post #: 18
6/15/2013 18:36:29   
Mondez

@Jmagician
I suspect they took that into account, but we'll see what happens since I suspect this isn't the full extent of CC.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/15/2013 18:39:21   
Jmagician

Yeah I mentioned before that the phase of CC we are seeing right now is only a testing phase. Reason why is because it is basically chaos :P as every card can be associated with every character + no set restrictions on cards per deck. CC is going to change, no doubt. But I just felt like I had to point that out.

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 6/15/2013 18:40:08 >
AQW  Post #: 20
6/15/2013 18:42:05   
Goma

maybe that individual cc decks for each character gets added when the multi battle does we got to remember it's still in the beta phase
AQW  Post #: 21
6/15/2013 18:43:46   
Mondez

Maybe if you like equip the three different characters, you can individually equip the custom cards to each character.

@below
Pretty much because CC seems to target the selected equipped character so I assume the multiple character system will work like that.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 6/15/2013 18:48:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/15/2013 18:45:36   
Jmagician

@Mondez: Hmm that makes sense. Do you mean like a menu setup for Multi-Character battles where it involves individual CC? If it were that among other things, it would be definitely interesting
AQW  Post #: 23
6/15/2013 19:00:04   
  Kiyone

Woo Hoo! My entry made the cut for background story contest. I'm so excited and theirs a lot of great choices for everyone to pick from in both divisions which will make this a very hard contest for one person to win, especially me. While I would love and really appreciate everyone voting just for mine in the background story contest.

I would rather everyone take their time in both categories. Check all the entries carefully and vote for their favorite character(s) from each category. Since the winning characters are going to be the ones that would be put in-game. Where it makes sense to vote for the ones we want to play. So please vote for your favorite. Which I hope is the twins which could mean two characters instead of one, if Nulgath goes that route but if not I understand and please vote for your favorites.

Plus to all the other participants. I wish ya the best of luck in this and let the best character(s) win!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/15/2013 19:06:35   
Mondez

I agree with Kiyone, but I refuse to lose this time after all because I am someone that doesn't back down and I know that even if I am in the lead there is always time for those to reach up to my count. Necrosis and I won't lose here, but if I lose next Saturday... mehehehehe, next contest I'm bringing out the big guns in my story writing and this time I won't give any mercy.

So good luck to the finalists and I expect a good fight to be fought. Vote your favorites and seek out a good winner.

As an added note to the Necromancer League, don't let Necrosis down because the undeath don't stay down so easily.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Beta Release Thread 127 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition