Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Out of Sync: Jacob

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Out of Sync: Jacob
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/21/2013 13:55:50   
Hagrid556

Jacob: So...I'm gonna try my hand at posting this here as opposed to my usual sporadic lurkings over on Fanfiction...
Vance: I'm not sure why, since this will probably be just as sporadic...
Jacob: Go away, Vance, you're not supposed to be here yet.
Vance: Whatever, don't take too long, got it?
Jacob: Yeah, yeah, whatever...might as well start from when this all started going down hill, eh?

Warning!: This story will contain spoilers for some major events in the storyline! Don't read it if you don't want to see them! Also, some events and dialogue have been altered to suit the story!

Prologue: Frozen

Jacob watched the merging of The Professor and Wargoth in both awe and great worry. The war against the cruel, infernal tyrant that had been revealed to be half of Warlic, the Blue Mage and a good friend of the hero's, while The Professor was the other half, had been hard and many had lost their lives in the fighting, too many for it to sit well in the SoulWeaver's heart. If this had all been for naught and the merging of the two halves of Warlic didn't work, then Lore itself was doomed. A cloud of smoke hid everything from view and Jacob swore under his breath as his clenched his fists tightly, the strange metal his spirit looms were made of clinking slightly at the force. Slowly, however, the smoke began to clear and the adventurer recognized a familiar form standing in the center of it.

"Warlic!" he shouted, running over to where the mage stood, "It worked!"

"I...Jacob...I" Warlic spoke, a confused and sad look on his face as his gaze moved from the SoulWeaver to their surroundings, "...we're outside Oaklore?"

Frowning at this, Jacob asked, "Do you...do you not remember anything?"

"I...remember..." the Blue Mage spoke hesitantly, closing his eyes. He opened them briefly after a moment, and the adventurer could almost see the silver-haired man's memories in his violet eyes. "I...remember the light shield." He closed his eyes again and tilted his head toward the ground, adding, "When we were holding back the darkness from Falconreach. Protecting the town from the Super Mega Ultra Darkness Dracolich..."

Jacob shuddered at the mention of the creature. Despite the less than terrifying name, the S.M.U.D.D. was a common theme in his nightmares nowadays. Though, after all of this, the huge dragon wasn't the only thing that plagued his dreams anymore. Pushing that to the side, though, he resumed listening to the reformed mage.

"I created too much mana...I..." Warlic said, trying to find the right words to describe his memory, "I could feel myself..." he opened his eyes and looked back to his friend with sorrowful eyes, "Expanding. I was afraid I was going to explode...destroy the world I had tried so hard to save...

"I opened a portal...but as I went through," his expression became very somber, "I felt myself being pulled apart. I felt supreme power on one side" -- 'That'd be Wargoth,' Jacob thought to himself -- "And...and...fragility...feelings on the other" -- 'The Professor,' the adventurer assumed -- "I thought it was the end."

An expression of regret formed on Warlic's face and Jacob could almost see the image of Wargoth surround him for a brief moment before it vanished and the Blue Mage firmly stated, "No. No, I won't remember."

'Or you don't want to...' Jacob thought to himself, a look of sorrow crossing his expression as he closed his eyes and looked down, 'Not that I'd expect you to.'

After a moment, the Blue Mage noticed the man standing next to the SoulWeaver. He wore robes that mimicked the colors of the flames that had burnt his head down to a charred-black skull and continued to burn. He looked at the silver-haired mage with contempt in the flames of his eyes.

"Xan..." Warlic said in startled recognition, before a look of deep regret covered his face, "I...I am so sorry."

When the pyromancer didn't respond, he remorsefully continued, "I should have apologized to you a long time ago...There's so much...so much that I wish I had done differently."

Xan remained silent as he took a few steps forward, stopping when he was only about a foot away and looking the restored mage in the eye before he said, "You set my face on fire." The skull's jaw claced together as he looked up and laughed, "Do you really think I want to hear an apology? Hahaha!"

Warlic was silent as the madman continued to laugh, finally letting out a defeated sigh and turning around to face the girl who had been watching silently from behind him. Having been frozen in ice, she hadn't aged a day since he last saw her. Her ice-blue hair tied back in a short ponytail, small spectacles on her nose, and her outfit of a powerful Ice Mage in-training.

"Jaania..?" he whispered in disbelief, his violet eyes looking her over. He had a sorrowful look on his face as she silently took a few steps closer.

"You..." she spoke coldly, her pale-gray eyes regarding him with icy fury.

"Jaania..!" he said, a genuinely happy smile forming on his face as he realized it was truly her. Unfortunately, he didn't notice the anger in her gaze as he continued, "H-how...?"

She cut him off with a swift slap to the side of his face, her anger finally showing on her face as his smile was replaced with a look of shock and regret.

"I have spent years, frozen in time. Waiting. Wondering..." she told him fiercely, letting her hand drop to her side, "...wondering if I would ever see you again.

"Look," she told him, her eyes narrowing as she gestured around them, "Look at what you, what magic has wrought."

Warlic remained silent when she paused to let her words sink in, the Blue Mage gazing at the ruined area for a brief moment before closing his eyes and turning his head to the ground in disgrace.

She took a small step closer and continued, "You destroyed an entire planet and enslaved its inhabitants!

"Now, they're stuck in the desert, burnt by the light," she said, narrowing her eyes in fury, "You would have destroyed this world. Our world...as well." She closed her eyes and placed a hand on the side of her head in frustrated anger, "And you say you wish you had done things differently?"

Finally, Warlic spoke up, trying to defend himself, "Jaania...I-"

Refusing to hear any explanation, Jaania used her magic to instantly freeze him, Xan, and Jacob all in a large block of ice, not unlike the one she'd been trapped in. She stared at her work for a moment, silent, her face an expressionless, unreadable mask.

After a moment, she turned away from the ice and quietly said to herself, "Whatever it takes." She nodded to herself in approval before walking off, not looking back for a moment. She was long gone before a single, lone tear dropped from the frozen Warlic's face, which had been frozen in a sad expression as his former love left him.

Signature removed, as signatures are not allowed in the Archive. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 6/21/2013 18:20:32 >
DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Out of Sync: Jacob
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition