Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes 22nd July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2013 4:42:33   
Goony
Constructive!

@ Rein, the old system had a reinforcement system to balance numbers... A system similar to this will be included in future updates, I don't know any of the details but did enquire about imbalance during testing!
Epic  Post #: 51
6/22/2013 4:43:17   
SouL Prisoner

I think somethings wrong. I and my team mate have been winning like hell in overlord facility, but still exile is dominating???
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
6/22/2013 4:44:58   
Mysterion.

Why in earth should it be balanced?
An Advantage is an advantage, you cannot take that away simply because legion is bad.
Epic  Post #: 53
6/22/2013 4:46:11   
ReinVI

how is it unfair? oh let's see the fact sheer numbers accounts for 90% of the sucess of the current war standings? skill doesn't mean crap when the other guy has 2x the members... that's how it's unfair.
Epic  Post #: 54
6/22/2013 4:46:20   
Goony
Constructive!

@Soul remember there are more than 1 worlds to battle in and the existing numbers were based on old flag token donation numbers (from what I can recall a lot of Exile factions had tokens in that flag). There is also a 50 influence per hour tax on the leading alignment.

< Message edited by Goony -- 6/22/2013 4:47:27 >
Epic  Post #: 55
6/22/2013 4:49:08   
Mysterion.

quote:

how is it unfair? oh let's see the fact sheer numbers accounts for 90% of the sucess of the current war standings? skill doesn't mean crap when the other guy has 2x the members... that's how it's unfair.

Their is a reason why Exile has more.
When a side has more players, it should remain like that.

In a real war, there are no NPCs to back a country up, no?

Epic  Post #: 56
6/22/2013 4:50:46   
Goony
Constructive!

quote:

Why in earth should it be balanced?

This war is part of a total overhaul in the now redundant flag capture feature and previous world domination had a balancing feature to stop all players flooding to 1 alignment... Without a mechanism to counter this the war would simply be over in no time!
Epic  Post #: 57
6/22/2013 4:52:39   
ReinVI

in a real firefight a single highly trained soldier can take on 10+ regulars easily... just look at Simo Häyhä one man with over 700 confirmed kills in real life skill matters 10x more than sheer numbers ( unless you follow a russian/ chinese philosophy of ground combat )
Epic  Post #: 58
6/22/2013 4:55:33   
Leprechaun

It should be balanced because some people want a war to last longer than an average of a one day >.>
Post #: 59
6/22/2013 5:04:30   
Cookielord12

So all we are doing is capture as many places in the time limit.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
6/22/2013 5:11:19   
Scyze

I really like the idea of the way the war is supposed to be won. Capturing places and fighting for that certain area. I like!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
6/22/2013 5:12:33   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^
Firstly because your exile.

quote:

So all we are doing is capture as many places in the time limit.

Secondly, this is not even a war. Killing your on alignment. Pffff
Epic  Post #: 62
6/22/2013 5:14:31   
skeletondude

EXiles are OWNING!
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/22/2013 5:15:21   
Cookielord12

Lol, we're about to win an area I think.

But yeah, as the Infernal War showed, Exile have superior numbers so they are bound to win.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 64
6/22/2013 5:15:57   
SouL Prisoner

@ Goony

Can you please explain the war mechanism??? How many wins = 1 war point??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
6/22/2013 5:17:57   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Thirdly I would call this a Betrayal war instead of a ''Dreaded war''
Epic  Post #: 66
6/22/2013 5:22:56   
  RabbleFroth

Will pop in over the weekend if I get the chance to answer questions as they come up. For now though, Rabble's brain is toast. Super happy about how this is turning out, and plenty more planned for the future!

Going to go sleep now ._.
Post #: 67
6/22/2013 5:23:38   
Mysterion.

@Hulk Lol, a loser (as in losing with his aligment, not personal attacking) who is raged by the shamefull appearence of his aligment.

Exile is simply better, just face it.

@Rabble, can you enlighten us about more info of the War chests, like when they will be revealed or such?
But, G'night! I will (hopefully) see your reply tomorrow.

< Message edited by Mysterion. -- 6/22/2013 5:25:13 >
Epic  Post #: 68
6/22/2013 5:31:57   
ReinVI

Mysterion the air of 'superiority' around you about your beloved exile is sickening e.e just saying... seriously the only reason your 'winning' is due to sheer numbers
want to know what would have made this start off on even footing? that battle system you all whined and complained about being unfair... funny how things work out.
just saying

Join the legion because being a rebel is Overrated
Epic  Post #: 69
6/22/2013 5:34:56   
Goony
Constructive!

The war mechanics are pretty simple:

Each control point has a rating 3-5-10
The 3 point ones are old flag locations, the 5 point ones are the new objectives (propaganda towers, cannons, satellites etc...) and the 10 point one is the main control array.

Every 15 minutes the point value of these is added to each alignments score. This is shown on the map screen. image

To gain control of an objective/control point you must battle on that map screen and if you win the influence you gain will be accrued in the bar above the objective.
The alignment with the most influence controls that objective and is taxed 50 influence per hour. The flag of the faction with the most influence in that alignment is displayed on the objective.

If the other alignment gains control back from the other alignment the objective will go into a 15 minute cooldown and they will be rewarded with a 25% influence bonus. This stops objectives changing back and forth and will also spread battles across Delta V.

The world domination is still based on the faction with the most influence, but is now awarded to the leading faction from both alignments.

I hope that helps a bit :)
Epic  Post #: 70
6/22/2013 5:38:56   
Mysterion.

Rein That would only serve in your advantage, i bet you hated it yourself if you couldn't find a match for over 5 minutes.
But legion players didn't experience that, so they don't know how frustrating it was. >_>

A number advantage is an advantage and should always remain like that.
Epic  Post #: 71
6/22/2013 5:42:57   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

But legion players didn't experience that, so they don't know how frustrating it was. >_>

Actually I did experience it, Cant believe you aren't patient on waiting for a battle
Epic  Post #: 72
6/22/2013 5:45:19   
ReinVI

No actually you want to know what I would do if it took that long? I would do something productive with that time like I normally do when I search for games... and no
advantages are fine but unfair advantages should not exist in any way shape or form and a sheer number advantage causing a mass imbalance in how quickly the exile
take the lead ( and possibly win ) is completely unfair as once again it should be based on player skill not how many players are a particular side.
Epic  Post #: 73
6/22/2013 5:48:37   
Cookielord12

Luck has already wrecked me twice and I've played 2 battles.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 74
6/22/2013 6:06:32   
SouL Prisoner

YaY!

http://prntscr.com/1baf1w

LEGION - FOR EVERYTHING
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition