Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes 22nd July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2013 6:08:20   
Trae

^^
Nice job soul!
Epic  Post #: 76
6/22/2013 6:23:49   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

How are we supposed to know if the war objective is on cooldown? stupid......
And how are we supposed to know how many war points we got for that war objective. The only one I see is the person that has got the war objective.

This war seems so rushed to me.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 6/22/2013 6:24:24 >
Epic  Post #: 77
6/22/2013 6:25:07   
toopygoo

does this mean juggernaut doesnt count for the war?

AQW Epic  Post #: 78
6/22/2013 6:25:12   
Ranloth
Banned

It will display that it's in cooldown once the Bar refreshes. I was at Bio Dome and it refreshed + said in cooldown. So whatever battle you're doing and cooldown pops up whilst you're in battle, it'll still be counted and refreshed afterwards.
AQ Epic  Post #: 79
6/22/2013 6:25:26   
ReinVI

it says if it's on cooldown above the bar while your at the site ( where the flag is ) there's a meter with the current who has more influence bar etc etc and if it's on cooldown it states "on cool down x: minutes remaining.
Epic  Post #: 80
6/22/2013 6:27:51   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

How are we supposed to know if the war objective is on cooldown? stupid......

@Hulk here : http://prntscr.com/1baih5 See top.

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 6/22/2013 6:38:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
6/22/2013 10:18:22   
Oba

Logged in just to see how they managed this war which was supposed to bring a whole new charm into the EpicDuel universe, and see this... first of all I have absolutely no clue what Im supposed to do or where Im supposed to do that.

Secondly, dev input.

Still, cant say Im surprised.

Funny how things work aint it?

15 minutes ago legion had 632 points and exile 1494. Legion control 6 "areas" while exile have 2. Now after the... "refresh/update", legion have 665 points with a progress of 23 points and exile have 1543 points with a progress of 49 points. Let me say it again, Legion controlled 6 areas while exile had 2.

< Message edited by Oba -- 6/22/2013 10:54:34 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 82
6/22/2013 11:07:22   
Leprechaun

^
Different bases provide different amount of points. One of middle bases even give 10!
Post #: 83
6/22/2013 11:07:30   
I Underlord I

I am not advocating for either Exile or Legion, but this war could have been planned better.
Hopefully it has no bearing on in-game opportunities, as it wouldn't be fair to many.

On the bright side, there is a definite reason to win at all times now. Additionally, the background based on where one is is a refreshing change.

< Message edited by I Underlord I -- 6/22/2013 11:11:36 >

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 84
6/22/2013 11:09:41   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

does this mean juggernaut doesnt count for the war?

We had to cut a number of features we wanted to have any hope of getting this out this week, and being able to queue for Jug anywhere was one thing. Fear not, it's high on the to-do list!

@Oba
Yea we need to do a clarification pass on the system to make sure things make more sense. Controlling the region right now doesn't give you any added benefit (we want to change that), it's up to the individual points. We did it this way because we want you to feel like you made an impact (even if it was a small one) if you just log in and help take a single point.

It's confusing right now because 5 of the 8 areas only have a single objective on them, so they're actually worth considerably less than Fortune City, the Dreadplains, and the Minetower.
Post #: 85
6/22/2013 11:25:55   
Oba

quote:

It's confusing right now because 5 of the 8 areas only have a single objective on them, so they're actually worth considerably less than Fortune City, the Dreadplains, and the Minetower.

Why in the love of god do you even release something like this WHEN...
quote:

Controlling the region right now doesn't give you any added benefit (we want to change that)

...is planned/on the way? When you release 10 regions with a different amount of objectives and points per objective, where 1 of them give considerably more points than other, you basically just give one alignment a pretty darn improtant advantage (and we all knew what alignment that was gonna be) till the benefits from controlling a whole region come.
WHEN these benefits release, exile might aswell stop battling for the Deadplains as they already have a huge gap, and only go for smaller regions, for the benefits to maintain their lead.

< Message edited by Oba -- 6/22/2013 11:26:38 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 86
6/22/2013 11:41:55   
Calogero

Pretty sure More then half of the players don't even know that the DreadPlanes has more Influence score whatever it's called....

Tried it, didn't like it, feels like what ' happened ' at the Infernal War and I'll be going back being retired.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
6/22/2013 12:57:12   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

If you are already part of a faction, the faction's alignment will be your alignment

whyyyyyyyyy

Now that I'm permanently stuck with legion, I hope they will lose by a whole lot.

I want to fight with my brothers, not against them -.-

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
6/22/2013 13:06:49   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

Rabble I would like to ask what kind of a 2nd rate update is this? The war begins there is no definite storyline an seeing as how everybody is confused I'd say you guys did a poor job of explaining how this entire event works. Also about adding a bonus for controlling entire regions. Do you honestly not realise how wrong and unfair it is to make such an adjustment later on in the war. For the love of god you people did not give us a single update for 4 months before omega was released, if you needed a couple of more weeks to sort it out then you guys should have taken it instead of releasing a rushed war. There is Chaos among players, half of them do not know what to do and have plenty of question the answers to which cannot be found.

I agree with you. It is very rushed war.
No tutorials..... and alot of other stuff missing....
It even isn't a Dreaded war. I don't even know why they started now. Exile vs exile? Legion vs Legion? Pfff.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 6/22/2013 13:15:54 >

Epic  Post #: 89
6/22/2013 13:10:38   
Mother1

@ hulk

I am guessing they were trying to make it so that it would be on time. But at the same time I have to agree while the other wars were late at least those had a clear objective that was explained. Plus with the way this war is now it doesn't even feel like a war.

No offense to you rabble and ED staff but this one I give 2 thumbs down. It feels more like I am playing everyday duels then a war. Plus what happened to the boost in influence that we are suppose to get from this war? I remember you guys saying that wars would give more influence since they are big events yet the influence remains the same.
Epic  Post #: 90
6/22/2013 14:28:10   
ambien

maybe us legion players should sit by the side line and let exlie win because exlie has more players that r playing so this war is done with and maybe like mother1 said this 2 thumbs down update can be over and wait for a new update.

No offense to you rabble and ED staff but this one I give 2 thumbs down. It feels more like I am playing everyday duels then a war. Plus what happened to the boost in influence that we are suppose to get from this war?

my thoughts on this always the syfy
Post #: 91
6/22/2013 14:53:28   
ReinVI

I'm not gonna jump to such a crazy conclusion as that. The fact of the matter is the war is currently unfair ironically it would have probably been better if they hadn't of switched the battle system back and kept it legion vs exile. Then exiles sheer numbers wouldn't matter. But sadly to many people whined like babies instead of you know being patient in the matchmaking. So due to this revert back to the original change the exiles sheer numbers gives them an unfair advantage ( which hilariously enough I CALLED IT! seriously... soon after he stated it was being reverted I posted saying this exact problem was going to happen. )
Epic  Post #: 92
6/22/2013 15:04:22   
Mother1

@ reinvi

it is what it is. People didn't have patience and to be honest it wasn't fair to lower levels either. Didn't you see the pairing for them? They were getting paired up against higher levels in pairs while having partners at their level. It wasn't fair for them either.
Epic  Post #: 93
6/22/2013 15:06:09   
Stabilis

Can someone give me a history of this war so far?
AQ Epic  Post #: 94
6/22/2013 15:06:38   
Ranloth
Banned

Actually, Mother1, the odd match-ups were a bug. I've spoken with Rabble sometime during the week (believe it was Wednseday) about it and it was a bug, not because there wasn't enough players. It won't ever go 5 levels below yours (30 + 35 vs. 35 + 35), and it went below that due to the bug.
AQ Epic  Post #: 95
6/22/2013 15:10:58   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

Can someone give me a history of this war so far?

Only thing you should know is exile is going to win
Epic  Post #: 96
6/22/2013 15:16:51   
Mother1

@ Hulk

It is still too early to tell so I wouldn't say that.
Epic  Post #: 97
6/22/2013 15:20:17   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

By the time they release next week, exile will have over 30k+ and legion only 10k+ unless there's things like ''war bombs'' which I'm sure will not happen although if it did, it may be a very weak ''war bomb''.

EDIT:

By the time they change it back to legion vs exile, it will be too late.

Rabble, all I want to know is level 36 coming out?
I need to know ASAP..... if you say no, then say it.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 6/22/2013 15:24:50 >

Epic  Post #: 98
6/22/2013 15:26:09   
Mother1

the war chest may give some advantage in this war you never know. But as it is now, there is honestly no incentive IMO to push myself. In the infernal war we had the war cheevos that you earned for gaining influence. However as it is now we got nothing unless you count grinding for battle tokens for the exchange a good reason.
Epic  Post #: 99
6/22/2013 15:33:00   
DanniiBoiixD

I'm going to casually battle until some achievements come out. Or maybe I will push myself by going for a daily? Idk, but there is honestly nothing to actually do.
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 4 of 9«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition