Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes 22nd July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2013 15:38:31   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Another thing which annoys me is my faction is spreaded around (they don't know where to go). This war seems to me like we should be team working and collaborating also time keeping. But it seems to me most people don't understand what to do. That goes for alignments aswell

Too bad they didn't show a youtube video on what to do.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 6/22/2013 15:40:10 >
Epic  Post #: 101
6/22/2013 15:49:21   
Mysterion.

^ It speaks for itself actually.
And, Exile's even work together on this part, one fellow Exile player just said we needed to go to ... to defend it.

That is teamwork. ;)
Epic  Post #: 102
6/22/2013 15:50:02   
ReinVI

out of 10/10 I give the update an 7 honestly. The war IS fun it was well made ( seriously it takes maybe 10 minutes or less of you know examining the game to figure out how the war is fought and won. the reason I didn't give it a 10 is the unfairness of exile steamrolling the competition thanks to the fact they reverted the battle system WHICH WAS PERFECTLY FINE it was funnily enough almost all exiles that complained continuously about this "faulty battle system" so now that there whining got through and made them change it back it put the ball back in exiles court and it wont leave until the devs find a way to even it out and sadly depending on the length of time it takes then the exiles might have such a lead that it will be useless to even try.

Tl;DR impatient complaining screwed up the war~

update 12 hours in legion 1100 exile 2700 so if that trend continues at 24 it will be L 2200 E 5400 then followed by 7 days of this trend L 15400 E 37800
sadly fixing this problem can't be done in a week it needs to be released within the next few days ( 2-3 ) or the gap will get to the point of "why the heck should I even bother?"

< Message edited by ReinVI -- 6/22/2013 15:57:48 >
Epic  Post #: 103
6/22/2013 15:52:15   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

^ It speaks for itself actually.
And, Exile's even work together on this part, one fellow Exile player just said we needed to go to ... to defend it.

That is teamwork. ;)

There is actually no team work (maybe a few), just look at this for example:

Level 35-exile vs Level 34/35-exile over 100 times.

You call that team work?
Epic  Post #: 104
6/22/2013 15:58:02   
Mysterion.

We must do what is neccasary to maintain our Objectives.
If that requires killing our own men then it must be done.

Sacrificing for the greater good.

Ps: Nice to see you at the Shield generator, but you wont be able to get it. ^^
Epic  Post #: 105
6/22/2013 16:00:58   
Lord Barrius

The rules aren't just there to look pretty, folks. Read 'em.

I've deleted several posts which were entirely non-constructive. If you have a problem with a release, that's fine, but you will state it in a civil tone and offer constructive advice on how to fix it. That's not optional.
Post #: 106
6/22/2013 16:01:10   
Mother1

@ hulk

so far during this war every 2 vs 2 I have done it has always been 3 exiles and one legion member. I for every match so far have been partnered with the legion player and every match the exile team tells me to leave just so exile can get the war points.

In every match up in 2 vs 2 I feel like an unwitting traitor to my side since either way for me it is a lose lose. If I win neither side get the points (Unless the legion member leaves or gets disconnected) and if I lose my record takes the hit.

But at the same time I won't disconnect either because while I want to win this war I won't do it through those means. I want to win this war but I won't do it by low blowing either.
Epic  Post #: 107
6/22/2013 16:21:07   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Let me make Lord barrius happy:

"I didn't partularly like this war because it has been ruined by impatient people who wanted the old battle system; also there was no tutorials and it seems to me that it was rushed. To have made it better, I think the staff should of had the previous battle engine they had and a tutorial about how the war mechanisms work as it seems they have rushed it because people would of been disappointed if it was another late update . As it was, I personally was very disappointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate from incompetent players who wanted the other battle engine back & kept on complaining until they got what they want.

That said, I greatly enjoyed the style of the war, the animations and art fit perfectly but I think you was a little bit scared to keep the other battle engine since players would leave. So while not one of the best wars ED have done, I would rate it -5/10. Thank you, ED staff for giving me a war which isn't war when we fight exile vs exile and legion vs legion consistently -.-''''!"
Epic  Post #: 108
6/22/2013 16:38:21   
King Helios

Hey guys, can one of you send me pictures of the war map? Not the map, but like, if I click on a region, I want to see what points there are there. Thanks!

Sorry, I'm on a car trip now.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
6/22/2013 16:41:06   
Mysterion.

^ Which map in specific, dread plains?
Epic  Post #: 110
6/22/2013 16:45:34   
Dreiko Shadrack

fantastic release, most enjoyable.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
6/22/2013 16:53:48   
Bloodpact

I didn't really like this war too much because of the severe imbalance bringing back the old system has caused, although this change appeared to be in good intent it has caused
an undeniable unfairness in this war. I cannot get in a single match where the legion gain anything, let me further explain this with an example of now common fights.

Example Fight in 2v2:

ex1: Legion + Exile vs Legion + Exile ( lets say about 25% of the time )

As you can see nether side will gain anything after this fight, both exile and legion will get 30 influence no matter what occurs in this fight.( With the acceptation of a leaver or d/cer )

ex2: Legion + Exile vs Exile + Exile (Lets say about a good 45% of the time )

In this situation the Legion will ether gain nor lose anything( Because 15 legion influence - 15 exile influence ) , or the Exile will gain 30 influence.

ex3: Legion + Legion vs Exile + Legion ( I'm probably over exaggerating this when I say 30%, it's less )

Only the Legion have a possible influence gain here.

The problem is with ex2's % being so high, the Exiles have a huge occurrence where they are the only ones who gain influence.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have thought long and hard about this and have acquired a solution, ( my only fear is your inability to implement it ) alternative semi-solution have been added.

IDEA 1

The new system would alter a factions influence output by how many members they have in a server.

Possible formula:
#Of Exile members online / #Of Legion members online = N

N* influence gained by Legion = new amount of influence gained. Or vice versa if there is more Legion members online.

Example:

1000 Exile's online / 565 Legion's online =1.76... rounded down to 1.7

1.7* 5 influence [ From a 1v1 match or 15 from a 2v2 match or Jugg ] = 8.5 rounded up = 9 influence.

do during the event that there is 1000 Exile's and 565 Legions online Legion's would have a 1.7 influence multiplier.

*READ ME NOTES*

1)This influence gain would only go towards objectives , not a personal players influence.

2)The new multiplier would be generated every hour. [ possible time ]

IDEA 2

Bring back Exile vs Legion ONLY system. ( After the war I urge you to do away with it forever tho or save for war's only )

Exile's won't be happy , but it's only fair they shouldn't bandwagon the winning side.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I apologize to the dev's for assisting with the push for changing your system, it was clearly better.

Your welcome people.

< Message edited by Bloodpact -- 6/22/2013 22:02:16 >

Yay War and Pestilence for everyone !

Death is in the air :] ..............
Epic  Post #: 112
6/22/2013 17:01:04   
King Helios

@mysterion All maps pls.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
6/22/2013 18:15:40   
Necromantres

Why do i feel Oz or Lawman should have a speech? Something like: Soldiers Arise! Stand and fight. Bring victory at least to the exile side!.

Or the awesome speech from Mass Effect 3:

Never before have so many come together from all quarters of the galaxy. But never before have we faced an enemy such as this. The Legions will show us no mercy. We must give them no quarter. They will terrorize our populations. We must stand fast in the face of that terror. They will advance until our last city falls, but we will not fall. We will prevail. Each of us will be defined by our actions in the coming battle. Stand fast. Stand strong. Stand together. Oz/Lawman out

SPOILER:
Actualy speech to the fleet before deploying the atack on the reapers

< Message edited by Necromantres -- 6/22/2013 18:19:52 >
Epic  Post #: 114
6/22/2013 20:14:53   
beastmo

Exile works together. Ive been going and helping Clutchs and Orbit X's flags over and over again to help them keep them.
Epic  Post #: 115
6/22/2013 20:27:35   
ReinVI

how can exile not work together that's what like 66-75% of the players are... there's so many of them there packed in the match making like a bunch of sardines. Simple as that...
Epic  Post #: 116
6/22/2013 20:30:33   
Rayman
Banned

^
You are so wrong rein.
AQW Epic  Post #: 117
6/22/2013 20:59:48   
ReinVI

then prove it?
Epic  Post #: 118
6/22/2013 21:02:52   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@rein There you go, bottom part of the post. Also, it never says whose got the advantage so it might be Legion all-along with the numbers. And 10% difference is only around 100 at any given time of online players.

< Message edited by ND Mallet -- 6/22/2013 21:05:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 119
6/22/2013 21:28:51   
Jekyll

ND is right. The war just begun, and here we have people starting to formulate conspiracy theories and whatnot (e.g. 'Exiles have more people! It's so unfair). Come on, just play the game, and win graciously, but also lose graciously. Do not start looking for excuses if you appear to be losing. (Note: I use the word 'appear' because we aren't even a day into the war).

Just another point: Legion (or a handful of Legion) claim that Exiles won the Infernal War by sheer numbers. I'm pretty sure when Country A goes to war with Country B, they don't gather together and say "Hey, you. I'm sending in 50,000 troops. You better send the same amount otherwise you're cheating." War IS about numbers, and there have been cases where a minority has defeated a majority.

So the excuse of Legion having fewer numbers than Exile is simply invalid.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 120
6/22/2013 21:30:06   
Darkoake445

@ND Mallet, I'm not arguing with you and I honestly couldn't care less about this war but it also says that there are different numbers at each level for each faction. Higher level players are generally more active than lower level ones so it's possible that that is a factor. Once again, I'm not trying to defend either side of the war, although that statement came off as pro-Legion, but it's a valid point. However, we have no way of knowing which faction side has the majority of higher level players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
6/22/2013 21:46:30   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@darko But lower levels go through battles much faster than higher levels. Either way, it's relatively close on which levels gain more wins.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
6/22/2013 21:51:07   
Bloodpact

quote:

@rein There you go, bottom part of the post. Also, it never says whose got the advantage so it might be Legion all-along with the numbers. And 10% difference is only around 100 at any given time of online players.

Dear lord it's around 100 players at any given time, lets see with about 900 players to a server that's 1/9 extra manpower,so 5/9 to 4/9

100 players every 2 minutes, 500 influence over 20 minutes 5,000 and over an hour 15,000 influence.

All the extra manpower jebus. 1/9 of a population isn't joking material.

Translation:

Although you have a fine point, I have to disagree with 10% being a small factor, we could improve

the fairness with my previously idea I'll add a post in suggestions. Ty for all your hard work!

< Message edited by Bloodpact -- 6/22/2013 22:00:06 >
Epic  Post #: 123
6/22/2013 22:01:04   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@blood Divide 100 in half since those extra troops will end up having to fight themselves. And the 55-45 is TOTAL players, not active ones. Unless Rabble comes in and confirms how many of each side have participated in the last week, it's up in the air on who has more players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
6/22/2013 22:11:01   
Bloodpact

Having to fight each other creating 100% influence gains.

it's not like one exile steals influence from the other ....
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition