Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes 22nd July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/22/2013 22:29:59   
ReinVI

ND you just poked a hole in your own logic... given that logic how do we know that it's not

55 exile 45 legion BUT
45 exile active
and
25 legion active?

your saying that it's evened out due to that measly 10% but if there are a lot more active exile than active legion then well the numbers are there or even worse
50 exile and 25 legion... that's literally double ( like how it feels right now ) the amount of legion players.. so there you go.

< Message edited by ReinVI -- 6/22/2013 22:30:21 >
Epic  Post #: 126
6/22/2013 22:45:27   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@rein How did I poke a hole in my own logic if there's no proof that I'm wrong? Unless you can prove that Legion has less players than Exile, you can't run around claiming that Exile is winning only because of numbers. Until there's proof, it's just an excuse for losing. Wars have been won with fewer people. The American Revolution was won by fewer troops, experience, AND weaponry.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
6/22/2013 22:54:40   
Jekyll

@ND

Spot on. ReinVI's argument is fallacious. Since there is no official data to show that Exiles, or Legion for that matter make up larger numbers, he has no basis on which to build his argument. It just comes across as a cheap excuse for giving up before the war has truly become intense.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 128
6/22/2013 23:00:15   
Mother1

For all we know there could be more legion members then exiles. But just because you have more doesn't mean you win. It is the influence gathered rather then the number you have.
Epic  Post #: 129
6/22/2013 23:04:14   
ReinVI

how is the fact that they had like 3k points within 12 hours while legion only 1k not proof? if it was fair ( 50/50 spread ) it would be more like 1.5k vs 2k or somewhere along those lines.
It's ridiculous to think there's not a differentiation in between the sides when it comes to this war. When rabble first announced that they were reverting the change I openly stated that doing so
would have this exact freaking effect! and oh look at that exile has taken the lead by a landside! and don't tell me that I'm using this as some excuse to give up I played from the point the servers came up ( 46th person online at the time ) up until I went to bed then after waking up I played most of the time I was on my computer. It doesn't take a scientist to figure out that there is a unbalance in between the two sides of this war. This entire fail of a war would have been 10x better if they hadn't of folded to impatient whiners complaining that it was taking to long to find matches simple as that.
Epic  Post #: 130
6/22/2013 23:12:44   
Bloodpact

quote:

How did I poke a hole in my own logic if there's no proof that I'm wrong? Unless you can prove that Legion has less players than Exile, you can't run around claiming that Exile is winning only because of numbers. Until there's proof, it's just an excuse for losing. Wars have been won with fewer people. The American Revolution was won by fewer troops, experience, AND weaponry.

Point 1:Although your argument appears to be valid kind knight, the American Revolution wasn't fought on a bases of influence. There was x number of soldier and if they died they didn't respawn.

The side that could kill more while keeping more of theirs alive to continue killing won.

Perhaps we should reenact this by giving everyone 1 life? The amount of real life factors this game ignores is endless.

Point 2
: all you have to do is look at 1v1 leaderboard, with vast numbers all the exile have to do most fights in 1v1 is leave. A lot of factions obviously doing it abusively,

go to low channel, click 1v1 same time, 60-80% chance fighting each other, lower ranking member just leaves.

Someone should remind me again why leaving a fight against the same faction should counts towards the war?

Extra:

Point 3: I love pie, soldier should be fed it.

Epic  Post #: 131
6/22/2013 23:47:01   
King Helios

quote:

how is the fact that they had like 3k points within 12 hours while legion only 1k not proof?

Win %. If it truly is 50/50 (tho I would guess 70-30 at level 35, but ignore that), it'd be possible. If Legion wins 25% and Exile 75%, it's be that. Obviously, it's not 50-50; if it were, Legion would have to have 1/3 of exile's win %.

That'd be ridiculous.

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 132
6/23/2013 0:56:05   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

@rein How did I poke a hole in my own logic if there's no proof that I'm wrong? Unless you can prove that Legion has less players than Exile, you can't run around claiming that Exile is winning only because of numbers. Until there's proof, it's just an excuse for losing. Wars have been won with fewer people. The American Revolution was won by fewer troops, experience, AND weaponry.

Actually you are wrong.
This is what RabbleFroth said and it already proves exile has more players with the high amount of players.

RabbleFroth:
quote:

They are nearly even, last time I checked it looked about 55% to 45% (won't say which is which), but oddly enough it differed by level (in other words, there were more Exiles at level X, but more Legion at level Y).

So out of 1000 players there would be:
575 exiles (estimated)
425 legions

Another thing I hate is too many people are AFK. That's what I have seen from a few of my faction members.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 6/23/2013 1:03:13 >
Epic  Post #: 133
6/23/2013 1:03:38   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@incredible What part does he say Exile has more? He clearly states that one side has more but he's not telling which it is. He also states that one side has more players at a certain level compared to others.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 134
6/23/2013 2:00:30   
Bloodpact

Hulk just change it up to "Active players"

so 575 active Exile players
and 450 active Legion players

It's also extremely clear which side has more active all you have to do is play 10 matches and see what you see more of.

I did that about 6 times yesterday.

It was 5/6 in favor of [Secret] faction while Legion had more people once later on near the average bedtime.
Epic  Post #: 135
6/23/2013 2:13:48   
Jekyll

How will this war end? Frysteland War ended when one side reached a certain number of points, Infernal War ended when one side busted through the vault first. How about this war? What exactly is the main objective?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 136
6/23/2013 2:20:11   
skeletondude

^It might be like this, which ever side has the most control over the weapons will win or something like that. If exile wins I'm sure we will blow up those legion force and if they win they would force us to do hard labor by using those weapons
AQW Epic  Post #: 137
6/23/2013 2:37:46   
kaiseryeux21

certainly, first week of this war is like a testing phase to all players. we will be able to see the things that needs to be improved for the betterment of this war. Obviously, dev's made a sub-par release and it is very visible that it is not 100% flawless. I'm just dissapointed because we can't even keep track of our total war points unlike infernal war. There are so many things to improved.
DF Epic  Post #: 138
6/23/2013 3:11:48   
Leprechaun

I can't wait for next week's loot :D

< Message edited by Leprechaun -- 6/23/2013 3:46:18 >
Post #: 139
6/23/2013 3:55:01   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

He clearly states that one side has more but he's not telling which it is. He also states that one side has more players at a certain level compared to others.

That is very obvious.
Legion has more 30-35s
Exile has more Level 10s-25s+.

Why do you think they are winning the war? Fast battles? Right? How do I know? I have seen pro faction having level 11, level20!, level 15!
All sorts of ranges. If only infuence were less for the lower level/warpoints it would be a fair war. Getting quick wins as a low level is a big advantage.

Edit:
I would do the same but what is the point of making a new account, by the time war finishes; you ain't going to use it + I would find it boring to go on a lower level.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 6/23/2013 3:59:16 >
Epic  Post #: 140
6/23/2013 5:41:13   
Oba

I highly doubt legion is outnumbered... because 3/4 battles I fight Im against another legion player...

So I rather think that is the case, while most exile players fight a legion player (I do not know if this is the case, just another scenario) legion players fight each other. When they do this they lose half of all their opperunities to gain influence toward a objective.

< Message edited by Oba -- 6/23/2013 5:44:29 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 141
6/23/2013 6:27:41   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

See what I mean, Legion has more 35s....
Epic  Post #: 142
6/23/2013 11:10:00   
One Winged Angel1357

I see this war is exactly like every other war.

Frysteland started with one side ranting and raving all over the forums about one side having it easier than the other. Guess what they had facts to make that point and the devs fixed it, but here is just people saying "oh Exile's have more points they must have more members." Guess what there are multiple possible outcomes here.

Number 1: You are actually right and there are more Exile members than Legion members in which case the dev's will have to do some changes to make up for that.

Number 2: Exiles have better players giving their side a higher win rate which allows them to take more points.

Number 3: The bulk of Legion members are in the slow win level range, it has been so long since I played an account all the way up I can't tell you which range has the slowest fights.

Number 4: Legion members just quit when they saw they were losing instead of trying to take the win. Low moral equals little reason to play

Number 5: You think of some reason I am tired of thinking.

Number 6: Stop posting about losing and go back to fighting so you can help your side win(optional)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 143
6/23/2013 11:27:37   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

Number 6: Stop posting about losing and go back to fighting so you can help your side win(optional)

We are actually doing better then yesterday? Do you know why? Because almost everyone understands the war mechanisms......
If only they gave a war mechanism tutorial earlier

Number 7: Exile has alot of lower level players which gives fast wins and are dummying.
Epic  Post #: 144
6/23/2013 11:35:01   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

Number 7: Exile has alot of lower level players which gives fast wins and are dummying.

Accusations of cheating without proof is called being sore. Accusations of cheating with proof is called send them to the law man and it will be solved.

Saying we have a lot of fast winning low levels may be true but there is an easy fix to that. Use some of your free slots to make some alts and win on them. Personally I have a low level mage, merc and bh but the time in battle at war objects is about the same as my main because a lot of the true low levels don't know what is going on, just the high levels who have made alts.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 145
6/23/2013 11:42:33   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^
You cannot send it to the lawman anymore. If you report in-game, it goes to a moderators anyway.
Epic  Post #: 146
6/23/2013 11:49:47   
One Winged Angel1357

I liked the law man darn. Oh well if you find proof of someone dummying report it we don't need them in the gaming community, play fair or get out is my philosophy.

Also how would you go about dummying? When you enter the fight and it is you versus a member of your alignment it doesn't matter who wins as your side gets influence anyway
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 147
6/23/2013 15:02:49   
Leprechaun

LOL. Legion took Control Array and it didn't go on CD!!! Figures xD
Post #: 148
6/23/2013 15:41:20   
Dual Thrusters

Legion has every are but the dread plains.

Exile is winniing

OoOoOoOoOOOooO
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
6/23/2013 15:43:03   
Ranloth
Banned

Dread Plains award much more influence though so it does add up over the course of the whole day.
AQ Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 6 of 9«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition