Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes 22nd July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2013 15:53:56   
Leprechaun

Dread Plains - 40 points.
Everything BUT Dread Plains - 41 points.

If my math is correct :P
Post #: 151
6/23/2013 16:19:34   
Imperial Knight

What i do not like about this is that the whole battle system is not Exile vs Legion only. The whole idea of this was is that its exile vs legion but why would i need to fight a legion player we are on the same side.
Post #: 152
6/23/2013 16:22:57   
Dual Thrusters

@Imperial

Because everyone was complaining that battles took too long when we did have that implemented.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
6/23/2013 16:29:51   
Imperial Knight

That makes battling kinda unfair for the whole war thing it makes it so influence isnt actuarially measured based on which side is actually beating the other side more
Post #: 154
6/23/2013 17:48:10   
Bloodpact

quote:

That makes battling kinda unfair for the whole war thing it makes it so influence isnt actuarially measured based on which side is actually beating the other side more

More Exiles = more Exiles to complain about not getting fight faster = unbalanced fighting due to bunch of whiners
who bandwagon= Exile's advantage as of now= why you have to fight your own kind.

Math!
Epic  Post #: 155
6/23/2013 17:51:49   
ReinVI

the exiles consistent complaining that "oh wah wah we have to wait for a match wah wah " caused the devs to fold and revert the change which completely screwed up the balance of the war. It should not have ever been reverted they should have kept it not caring how many people whined about needed to revert it and then changed it to an improved version with the next release. But now? nope they messed up big time sadly the one time the fully reverse a change it's a change that reverting actually created more problems....
Epic  Post #: 156
6/23/2013 17:57:53   
Mysterion.

^ Actually it didn't.

It is back to how it was 2 weeks ago, yet you claim it to be problematic?
Never heard you about this till the war came.

Funnily enough only Legion people are complaining about the reversion, because they now have less chance to win, not?
Epic  Post #: 157
6/23/2013 18:13:16   
Imperial Knight

Im exile but it just makes no sense for two people on the same side to face each other battle. It would be like if country A went to war with country B all though every person in each country do not always agree but they dont go around killing each other thinking they will win the war
Post #: 158
6/23/2013 18:26:21   
ReinVI

The problem is timing the current system was fine when there wasn't a war that was focused around alignments fighting EACH OTHER. Due to there being more exiles ( and according to mother more 2v2 abusers by dropping out for easy wins etc ) even though I suppose some legion players do this I haven't met any but the point is reverting the change now while this war which is so alignment focused into a system that legion can fight legion which effectively splits there numbers in half creates such a power gap that it is flat out ridiculous!
Epic  Post #: 159
6/23/2013 19:49:03   
Azer Cain

The Legions are catching up on the Exiles but Exiles cannot be easily defeated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
6/24/2013 6:20:16   
Imperial Knight

It just seems kinda stupid that the whole idea of the war is Exile vs Legion but the battle system is not Exile vs Legion
Post #: 161
6/24/2013 6:57:03   
ReinVI

blame the exile ( and small amount of legion ) that wouldn't stop complaining
Epic  Post #: 162
6/24/2013 7:15:26   
Leprechaun

Ikr? I just fought my fellow legioneer and we talked and shared a lough! But he had to kill me, cuz well, you know its "Exile vs Legion" war.
Post #: 163
6/24/2013 7:50:08   
Mysterion.

It is fun how you keep complaining about Legion vs Legion, when Exiles have this problem way more then you..
In my last 12 1vs1 battles, i only fought my Exile brothers..
Epic  Post #: 164
6/24/2013 7:52:08   
toopygoo

at the same time, now is harder to get in a game with your faction members... and that doesnt guarantee you'll be on the same team. i did 20 or sa 2v2 battle yesterday with my leader, and only once did we get to be on the same team.

and you cant blame someone for this change to be reverted. doesnt matter which side youre on, the purpose you may log in, is to duel/battle.when your wait times can fall around 10 minutes, you really lose motivation to play. the idea for the implementation was a good one, and i approve it whole heartedly, but the lobby would need to be more open for that to be a good change.

what they could do, is restrcit the amount of lobbies that can be open at one time. if the lobby limit is reached, then a few battles override the boundaries set by exile/legion, just so those older lobbies can close and new ones can be opened with greater chance for equality. this would have less effect on legion and more on exile because:

a) according to you exiles, were the ones who complained, not legion, so you guys just keep battling us, and we will battle us too (i'm being cynical, but honest here)
b) legion would still be battling exile, and only exiles who wait too long will battle exiles too.

keep in mind, this is how the game has worked for the previous 4 years.. they made a change for 2 weeks and now that's "real system?"

AQW Epic  Post #: 165
6/24/2013 8:02:18   
Scyze

I still wonder when EpicDuel will have a 30 page lock in its DNs post thread on the forums.

Make sure Exile win or you shall suffer the Legion (Edgar Boothe) dancing in victory. You know we don't want that!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 166
6/24/2013 9:01:16   
Smackie El Frog

I've got a few gripes about this newest release.

With flags before the update you could see how much your faction has invested in each capture point, but with these new war captures you can only see the top faction of the current captures alignment.

This leaves factions clueless about how much they have invested to certain locations so they may fight elsewhere and not work together as a group. This does not help factions at all. It leaves factions in the dark and this is not good.

Secondly, these capture points need more info on them. Such as both alignments leaders of the capture point and your current factions influence towards the capture point.

Thirdly, do these captures have any tax rate for their total influence on the capture? If there is a tax shouldn't it be provided? Also, how much faction influence is granted while controlling these captures at the end of every hour?

Fourthly, I hear that all the alignment points reset at per capture. Is this true? If so is that how this war will be tallied? Like at the end of this war, that apparently has no duration, will each side be evaluated by how many days they won?? Because unlike the first war there is no Dark Matter Generator to attack or like last war there is no vault with hp to be depleted so we have no goals to reach. Just endless battles on a broken system.

The game is exactly like before. This doesn't seem like a war, it just seems like an nerf to captures with an ever confusing system.

EDIT:

This is the exact same issue the players had when there was that "War" in botanical preserve, which wasn't a war at all. These dev's keep using the word war when it is not in fact a war, just a hybrid event or whatever they labeled that other release.

ED never fails to get people hopes and then smash them to pieces with a rushed release.

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 6/24/2013 9:49:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
6/24/2013 9:29:41   
Goony
Constructive!

Firstly, the release for the investment totals will probably be in next weeks release, it was written in the design notes!

Secondly, there will also be more information on objectives! This is a skeleton for what will become the alignment/faction wars of the future.

Thirdly, I have stated the tax is 50 influence per hour on leading alignment per objective, this will probably be adjusted!

Alignment or faction influence doesn't reset at capture, when the opposing alignment re-takes the objective they get a 25% bonus and a cooldown initiates to stop objectives changing too often! I have also stated this!

The war has a lot more features to come, as a tester I can tell you I'm really happy that the new features did not break the game as the potential was there for all sorts of issues. More features added would mean a greater chance to break the game. The developers have done a wonderful job revamping the war and you can criticise them continually if you feel that it helps!

< Message edited by Goony -- 6/25/2013 2:39:36 >
Epic  Post #: 168
6/24/2013 9:59:18   
Smackie El Frog

These are my concerns and thanks for sharing some info I may have missed in some previous thread or dn's.

But when they keep throwing around the word WAR I expect a war. Apparently we are going to be forever at war since these new captures are not going to be leaving anytime soon, because there is no firm goal for either side for this so called war.

Just another daily back and forth fight between legion and exile that has no impact beyond gaining influence. Those never get old...

< Message edited by TankMage -- 6/24/2013 10:25:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
6/24/2013 11:12:06   
Mysterion.

^ Exactly, i see nothing else then just daily ''wars'' between Exile and Legion.
What advantage does it actually give for an aligment to win a daily?

Exile won all, yet i see no advantage from it.
Epic  Post #: 170
6/24/2013 11:26:29   
IsaiahtheMage

This war is confusing, I don't think I understand how the war points system works. For example, I'm at the Fortune City Old Fortune City Ammo Depot, and it says it's currently controlled by Exiles with 18,535 influence. But bar says "Exiles 500" and the legion bar isn't full at all. What is this suppose to mean?
AQW Epic  Post #: 171
6/24/2013 11:33:07   
One Winged Angel1357

Let's see what system Rabble and Titan are putting together that is an improvement on the tested system of Legion vs Exile only. Hopefully that will make this more like a war
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 172
6/24/2013 12:07:03   
Mysterion.

quote:

For example, I'm at the Fortune City Old Fortune City Ammo Depot, and it says it's currently controlled by Exiles with 18,535 influence. But bar says "Exiles 500" and the legion bar isn't full at all. What is this suppose to mean?

That is simple.
The faction whom dominates that objective has a total of 18535 influence in that area, which should make it show that on the bar.
BUT, legion players also gain influence which is substracted from the 18,535 influence, making it 500 influence.

Epic  Post #: 173
6/24/2013 12:10:02   
IsaiahtheMage

Well I understand it now, thanks Mysterion.
AQW Epic  Post #: 174
6/24/2013 12:47:27   
8x

quote:

That is simple.
The faction whom dominates that objective has a total of 18535 influence in that area, which should make it show that on the bar.
BUT, legion players also gain influence which is substracted from the 18,535 influence, making it 500 influence.

From what I understand, 500 influence it the lead of the exiles and has nothing to do with top factions in that area.
Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 7 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition