Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes 22nd July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/24/2013 12:58:28   
Mysterion.

^ Yeah, should have mentioned that along with it.
The number increases when an Exile player wins a battle and decreases when a Legion player wins a battle.

That 18,535 is the number of the faction that has made the most Influence in that area.
Sorry for the confusion.
Epic  Post #: 176
6/24/2013 13:17:29   
Imperial Knight

I just find it to kinda stupid to call it a Exile vs Legion war if Exiles do not only fight Legions.
Post #: 177
6/24/2013 13:34:58   
DunkThatOreo

So when is the war going to start?
Epic  Post #: 178
6/24/2013 13:39:03   
Mysterion.

^ ''Next week''
Epic  Post #: 179
6/24/2013 13:55:59   
Kd

Imperial Knight: how many times are you going to say the exact same thing?

Back on topic, the fact is that while a system where each alignment would only fight the opposite would mean an equal amount of fights, such a system just isn't an option due to the small player base. Waiting for 10+ minutes for a single 1vs1 fight is a problem. Rather than reverting to the previous system the developers should endeavor to give the side with fewer players a boost to level the playing field without giving the players on that side themselves a boost (credit to Sundance for this idea). The solution is not NPC's, which leave room for abuse, are boring to fight, and promote PvE not PvP. Furthermore, talking about how 'exiles went wah wah, boo hoo to get the devs to change the system' is complaining itself in an attempt to get the devs to change the system again... (ironic, huh?) and is in no way helpful. Why not provide solutions instead? The developers have already acknowledged that this issue needs fixing.

Epic  Post #: 180
6/24/2013 14:59:43   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

but with these new war captures you can only see the top faction of the current captures alignment.

Fixing that is on the to-do list. Weren't able to get to it in the first release.

@Rest of Smackie's post
These are all excellent questions/points about the current state of the system. This week our top priority is to increase clarity across the board, so thank you for pointing out areas we are weak on.

@Legion vs Exile matching and population concerns
It is a goal of mine this week to come up with a better system for matching that is both quick and tries to heavily prioritize Exile vs Legion matching. We learned from the other week that a pure system causes some major issues (for those trying to trivialize that, it is simply not acceptable to us for players to be waiting for longer than the average duration of a match).

In addition, this week we're aiming to add a mechanism to each control point that will balance out any major population differences, and also help maintain the flow and pacing of the system. What we're imagining right now (subject to change) is that the longer Side A controls a point, the easier it will be for Side B to take it back. Then as Side B controls it, this advantage will decay; if they hold it for long enough, Side A will start gaining the benefit instead.
Post #: 181
6/24/2013 15:05:07   
toopygoo

not sure if you may have missed my post on a prior page... but is this doable with shockwave?
quote:

at the same time, now is harder to get in a game with your faction members... and that doesnt guarantee you'll be on the same team. i did 20 or sa 2v2 battle yesterday with my leader, and only once did we get to be on the same team.

and you cant blame someone for this change to be reverted. doesnt matter which side youre on, the purpose for which you may log in, is to duel/battle.when your wait times can fall around 10 minutes, you really lose motivation to play. the idea for the implementation was a good one, and i approve it whole heartedly, but the lobby would need to be more open for that to be a good change.

what they could do, is restrcit the amount of lobbies that can be open at one time. if the lobby limit is reached, then a few battles override the boundaries set by exile/legion, just so those older lobbies can close and new ones can be opened with greater chance for equality. this would have less effect on legion and more on exile
because:

a) according to you exiles, were the ones who complained, not legion, so you guys just keep battling us, and we will battle us too (i'm being cynical, but honest here)
b) legion would still be battling exile, and only exiles who wait too long will battle exiles too.

keep in mind, this is how the game has worked for the previous 4 years.. they made a change for 2 weeks and now that's "real system?"

AQW Epic  Post #: 182
6/24/2013 16:49:14   
DunkThatOreo

Saying the same thing over and over again will not change anything any faster. They are aware of it, just wait until friday.
Epic  Post #: 183
6/24/2013 18:00:41   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

The continual shots at AKs ends here. If you disagree with a decision an AK has made, resolve it via PM and use the chain of command if need be. Since none of you signed up on these forums yesterday, there is no excuse not to follow these procedures. If I see even one more subtle jab from this point forward in any thread, there will be dire consequences.
AQ  Post #: 184
6/24/2013 19:15:37   
Mysterion.

Soooo, the Tag of Rabble is still not linked. ^^

That aside, Exile Rules!!!
Epic  Post #: 185
6/24/2013 21:01:53   
toopygoo

woo! go exile *high fives mysterion*

AQW Epic  Post #: 186
6/24/2013 21:59:33   
Q...Q

Who is ahead right now in the war?
Didn't login for like a week on ED.
DF Epic  Post #: 187
6/24/2013 22:09:27   
Dreiko Shadrack

^Exiles have won all days so far.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
6/25/2013 0:28:00   
The Joker X

Where are these wins recorded?
AQW Epic  Post #: 189
6/25/2013 1:22:06   
Dual Thrusters

My assault squad is trying their best to maintain the capture on the biological preserve :D
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 190
6/25/2013 2:00:49   
kaiseryeux21

@joker, i highly doubt they have recorded our wins/war points for this week. meaning, what we have this week is just a testing of how the actual war will work on the next release.
DF Epic  Post #: 191
6/25/2013 3:00:31   
Dual Thrusters

@kais

LOL that would terrifying news for the players who farmed for like 15 hours on a capture point xD
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
6/25/2013 3:44:16   
King FrostLich

How long is this 2v2 issue going to be fixed? Leaving partners because of battle failed to start or when partner leaves?
Epic  Post #: 193
6/25/2013 3:46:25   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

Never
Epic  Post #: 194
6/25/2013 3:58:06   
Dual Thrusters

Speaking of 2v2, I had an exile partner who left on purpose so the other two exiles could automatically get 30 influence together -.-
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 195
6/25/2013 8:10:58   
Variation

I loss three battles yesterday due to my partners running. In all cases the person that ran was exile. I hope it had nothing to do with this so called "war" lol.

Edit - If it was actually correlated with the war then there are probably legion players doing the same thing.

< Message edited by Variation -- 6/25/2013 9:52:26 >
Post #: 196
6/25/2013 10:33:48   
zion

I would hope that they are keeping tabs of daily victories... but it seems the actual "war" hasn't even started yet... since the war hasn't been fully designed yet... /join doomvaultb
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
6/25/2013 13:02:02   
IsaiahtheMage

Is anyone else experiencing severe lag? The lag in 2v2 has been horrendous ever since the war was released. I keep losing battles due to my partners running, the lag skips their turn, or someone lags out.
AQW Epic  Post #: 198
6/25/2013 13:05:36   
Dual Thrusters

@Isaiah

IKR! It's annoying
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 199
6/25/2013 15:34:30   
  RabbleFroth

quote:

what they could do, is restrcit the amount of lobbies that can be open at one time. if the lobby limit is reached, then a few battles override the boundaries set by exile/legion, just so those older lobbies can close

That is a very clever idea! It could unfortunately still lead to extremely long wait times, though they would theoretically be much rarer. My current thought is to use time instead of number of lobbies created to make it a little more consistent. During popular hours time could be slower, during less popular hours number of lobbies method would be slower.

On that note, an open question: what is the maximum time you would want to wait for an occasional match? Is this maximum different for 1v1, 2v2, and Jug?
Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes 22nd July
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition