Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= DragonLord Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= DragonLord Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1212345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/24/2013 20:22:12   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

Hiya DragonFablers!

You wanted more various threads of discussion about Classes and we listened! Starting this week and every week following, we will be introducing a thread for every class in DragonFable.

This thread: All things DragonLord including Evolved DragonLord and Evolved Color Custom Dragonlord.

Now for the rules of this thread:

• All =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules apply.
  • The "All Classes" thread will remain pinned to the top of the forum until all the current class threads are released.
  • There will be a Class Directory stickied to the top of the forum once a few class threads are active for quick locating.
  • On suggestions: The DragonFable staff offer specialized suggestion threads from time to time and you may post your suggestions when those events occur.
  • Please keep discussions to the various versions of the DragonLord armor.
  • Most important: Have fun!
  • AQ DF  Post #: 1
    6/26/2013 18:15:27   
    blaze656

thanks bella, twill be fun
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    6/26/2013 18:17:21   
    WarMongerRave

what will the next DL look like
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
    6/26/2013 18:18:40   
    Rukaji

I am not really a tank person in this game, but I can see how useful it can be. Restoring your mana and health can make for outlasting boss battles and would be able to take on challenges better. A lot of people don't like the shield added to the look, but I for one do. I have not really used this class and I should take a look at it more often.

DF  Post #: 4
    6/26/2013 18:46:27   
    Raharu95

This is going to be awesome~ I do not really have much to say about DragonLord. Is a very Great class~
    DF  Post #: 5
    6/26/2013 18:57:12   
    deather98

IT is a great class how ever as that as a higher level of a dragon lord shouldn't you have some abilities better then the regular dragonlords? you did different in way with the chickencown and evolved chicken cow)
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
    6/26/2013 19:00:28   
    Dante Redorigin

I just want the bugs finally fixed ><;

It's a great class sure, but having it mess with audio and graphics every time you use it is getting old.
    Post #: 7
    6/26/2013 19:02:23   
    Mordred

I wish its skills had been tinkered with more, but overall a great class. I just find it odd that the game is built expecting you to go all-out offensive, yet the class is designed to be one of the most defensive.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
    6/26/2013 19:06:14   
    Therril Oreb
    Legendary AdventureGuide!

The good thing about Dragonlord is his defensive tactics. During msot of DF combat, DL is merely a slow fighting armour.
    But during difficult boss fights, especially the long lasting ones, Dragonlord is the best class you can wish for being semi invincible if used correctly.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
    6/26/2013 19:08:37   
    dragon_monster

As long as you have mana you are great with it after all its one of the 2 classes in game were you can kill the impossible doomcrawler with a darkness weapon.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
    6/26/2013 19:11:15   
    D00MS

the orginal DLs returned to us eh you guys already knew i was going to say that though

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    6/26/2013 20:33:54   
    RamDF
    Helpful!

I like it though I don't use it too much. A defensive class is a refreshing change from the normal fast-killing classes and it's amazing on harder bosses. Also, I particularly like it in long quests (even if it takes a longer time to do it than many other classes). Personally, I'd like for some skills which linked it to the baby dragon (eg. you equip the baby dragon, there's a bonus OR when you equip both together, you get an extra special buff). A system where our baby dragon can specifically complement Dragonlord would be cool!

Oh, and the animations are lovely but I'd say that the skill effects could still be tinkered with a bit, especially the DoTs - they could work more cohesively together. Also, Evolved should be different skill-wise from normal Dragonlord and you'll have to "earn" the title (perhaps, at a certain level, you'd unlock a certain quest where you've to fight a hard boss with Dragonlord - if you suceed, Evolved Dragonlord is yours).

BTW, will this thread be for DC classes and Seasonal armours (like Frost Moglin) and armours like Doomknight as well?

< Message edited by RamDF -- 6/26/2013 20:34:38 >
    DF  Post #: 12
    6/26/2013 21:29:01   
    Kage~

I like it, as far as I used when I trained it up and then haven't used it since because I don't have a closet/orb of savings. Also I never managed to make the color-custom work (although that might just be me being silly and missing something obvious)
    DF  Post #: 13
    6/26/2013 21:40:31   
    Avi Auditore

Thanks to Rolith and Ghost, it is now probably a better balanced class than DeathKnight.

DF AQW  Post #: 14
    6/27/2013 8:18:42   
    Glais

On the defensive side it's quite nice and I like its skills

I would've liked some more innovation on the offense though. Maybe some Percentage based DOTs for example

Something that'd ensure it wouldn't fall behind in comparison to other classes since (iirc) it's meant to be one of the top tier classes.

DF MQ  Post #: 15
    6/27/2013 8:22:24   
    bokterier

In wars, DL is almost completely useless for warring, but in regular quests its one of the best, with its mana and health refill!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    6/27/2013 22:48:01   
    GearzHeadz

I love this class, is my default class (I have DmK, I just love this class, so fun to play as!) The one and only thing I'd change about this class is its winged special. It should have your dragons wings as the wings you fly with.
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
    6/28/2013 2:06:10   
    DracoSlash

The DragonLord class is awesome. Near invincibility, awesome animations, and they're basically a hybrid of dragons and humans. They speak Draconis, and have wings... wings :D It wouldn't hurt to be a liiiiiittle bit more offensive, but I still love it.
    DF  Post #: 18
    6/28/2013 2:27:39   
    walker of the rift

I love dragonlord but I can't see the difference between normal and evolved skill and animation wise
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    6/28/2013 2:38:00   
    DracoSlash

@Walker of the Rift There are none. The difference between the classes is the look of the armor. That's all.
    DF  Post #: 20
    6/28/2013 4:17:06   
    cenarius345

Just a couple points:

1) Someone already mentioned the bugs, and for as long as they've been there... I'm kinda surprised they're not fixed by now.

2) The right side skills are in dire need of reworking, imo. Multi should use your weapon's element and you don't need three separate dots that are only specific elements. They should be condensed into one dot that, again, matches your weapon. Considering the wide variety of elements and resistances in the monsters we face, a skill that only does one element is... really not useful. If they had some other purpose besides damage, then it might not be so bad. As it is, it just feels like filler, which is not a good thing in what's supposed to be the game's iconic class.

Edit: Realized in hindsight this might seem like a suggestion, it's not intended to be. It's meant to bring up some common complaints about the class and I'm curious to see if anyone disagrees with me.

< Message edited by cenarius345 -- 6/28/2013 4:18:59 >

"It's said that love is the most powerful force in the universe.
    I am attempting to harness that power to create weapons of mass destruction."
    AQ DF  Post #: 21
    6/29/2013 17:37:27   
    Super12345

I'm a fan of DragonLord myself. It is slower than most but it is extremely enduring. Its health and mana regeneration skills are some of the best in the game. As a result, it is capable of beating enemies Doomknight is the only other class capable of beating. It does have some mediocre offense but the update that gave it a shield improved it somewhat. I do hope Evolved Dragonlord will have some kind of advantage over the normal one aside from bragging rights.
    AQ DF  Post #: 22
    6/30/2013 1:38:29   
    Warmonger Starsaber

I love DL, because it is a Class I use when not in Wars, Isn't it supposed to Match Doomknight's Power in Cannon ?, like some people said I kind of wish it's damage was buffed, that way it would be closer to DmK, or make it like the KAA Armor and have it's power like that, but I love the class either way, I really like the shield concept.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    6/30/2013 7:01:59   
    Sflamin

With the right stats and accessories the class seems undefeatable. Also, DL is one of the best-looking armor in the game.
    DF  Post #: 24
    6/30/2013 9:13:06   
    Tigirosa

Dragonlord have the best survival abilities then any other armor has. Dragonlord have low mana costs, realy good difenses and one of the best top 3 healing abilities in game since we also can regenerate mana as well without using potions. And this class can easy survive strongest attacks that we could trow at him. Only thanks to dragonlord i was able to finish all Aika vilige jungle quests.
    DF  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= DragonLord Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 1212345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition