Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DragonLord Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonLord Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/10/2017 11:27:24   
Aura Knight

I wish the effects of dragon's rage wasn't so bad on the blind skill. Only having the effect for a single turn is almost useless. And just getting -25 to bonus isn't too helpful. I appreciate the power the artifact gives dragonlord but I wish certain skills weren't so negatively affected. The slowly increasing damage boost from Patience would be better if it increased a percentage with each hit on the monster. Maybe certain skills could increase it more than others. Eventually getting +100% more damage seems great, but it takes too long to do that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 226
6/10/2017 11:36:49   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

I disagree with making Patience increase damage by 1% per hit. I feel like it goes against the point of the Artifact if shields and heals are discarded in favor of offense to maximize the buff.
DF  Post #: 227
6/10/2017 11:41:21   
Aura Knight

I see your point. Perhaps defensive abilities can increase damage by a higher amount and keep offensive abilities' damage increase to 1 or 2% per hit landed on enemy. I haven't thought enough about this and likely won't bother. But I do think patience needs to be improved. Rage is alright, aside from a few minor negatives to certain skills.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 228
6/10/2017 11:48:47   
LouisCyphere

@Aura Knight:
I think that's a good idea. Patience should highlight defensive skills that will increase damage for the off set of not dealing damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 229
6/10/2017 11:51:41   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I've updated the trinket effects for the weekend.

Patience:
-Increased to 2% per turn, up from 1%- cap of 100% stays the same.
Rage:
-Added flavor notifications to various skills.
-The 25% blind from Light Dragon Spirit lasts 3 turns, up from 1.
-Fixed typo on Dragon Soul description. Costs 10% max HP, not 20%.

< Message edited by Verlyrus -- 6/10/2017 11:52:47 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 230
6/10/2017 11:56:15   
ArchNero

Yeah, makes sense seeing as there's no restriction to not being able to change between raging and patience mid quest.

For the most part in terms of skill rotations for like bosses a good opening with dragon's rage is like:

Light dragon, darkness dragon, dragon soul, dragon heart
or
Frost dragon, shield bash, dragon eye, dragon bite, darkness dragon, dragon soul, dragon heart

I did the first one with light dragon against the hidebehind boss and almost he had almost no health remaining afterwards and I still had like 95% of my health remaining.

< Message edited by ArchNero -- 6/10/2017 12:00:07 >
Post #: 231
6/10/2017 12:03:39   
LouisCyphere

@Verly:
For Rage:
The notifications added are very nice.

Although, haven't played much with Patience.

RDL if definitely back as my fave class. Guardian armor gets shoved back into the closet again.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 6/10/2017 12:04:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 232
6/10/2017 12:04:12   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Thanks Verly! This was really a surprise, but I absolutely love it.

Now to puzzle out RDL (Rage DL)'s best damage rotation...
DF  Post #: 233
6/10/2017 12:10:07   
Zeldax

Would it be too much to ask if the DL classes could have the updated eye/face art?
Post #: 234
6/10/2017 12:11:20   
Aura Knight

The notifications are great. Rage Dragon Lord is amazing. Darkness Dragon Spirit+ Dragon Eye or Darkness Dragon Spirit + Dragon Soul makes for some nice damage.

"The rage of Darkness Dragons fills you with power" sounds awesome.

The only thing that could make this better is if dragon's rage could be put on the trinket slot and if we could choose to activate its effect. We could start off defensive and click on it, making us switch to offense for the remainder of a fight. Not sure if this could be done or if it would be okay.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 235
6/10/2017 12:17:27   
LouisCyphere

Merging artifacts?! I mean, disregarding gameplay mechanics (since we can't equip artifacts during a battle).
A person can't have that much power.
Sounds awesome but it would be hard to implement.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 236
6/10/2017 12:25:30   
Aura Knight

I just don't like having the trinket slot empty. That's all. Are there no trinkets that come with no skill?

One flaw I found with rage dragon lord is that skills have rather high cooldowns it seems.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 237
6/10/2017 12:27:40   
LouisCyphere

There's the Spiked Leather Gauntlet trinket. It has no skills but has good stats compared to other trinkets.

I think the RDL plays a lot like a "berserker" class or a glass cannon class. High damage but long cool down.
So better kill the mob before all the skills are on cool down.

Regarding equipment for RDL, focusing on Crit+ items seems to be a good choice since you need to finish the mobs quickly.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 6/10/2017 12:31:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 238
6/10/2017 13:15:21   
Sr. dragao

There is something about the DragonLord classes that I do not really like: the eyes colors being irrealistic and non-customizable. Well, the DragonLord class should be something above the base classes and, yet, remind them in some aspects. The evidence of this is it's being an color-custom armor.
Post #: 239
6/10/2017 13:28:12   
Zeldax

The only things stopping me from using DL now is how bad the CC ones look on males. It doesn't really fit my default colors or the other colors that would fit my main character, and how bad it looks with the items of said character, mostly due to the shading of the armor. The normal DL and EDL don't fit with a lot of items either due to its colors (kinda same with DeathKnight). The DL armors look a lot better on females tbh.

Though I guess I can just make a female character that uses DL as her default class, especially since my main character uses my absolute favorite items and classes. It wouldn't be the first DF character I made that RPs with a certain class either.
Post #: 240
6/10/2017 13:54:23   
Chazero

Ditto with Zeldax and Sr.dragao on updating the face and eye art. Please?(and if possible improve the shading of the armor but that might be too much at this point considering Tomix's very busy schedule)

As for the trinkets, I am too poor to buy even one of them, DCs and gold. They are quite interesting though. Looks like I have a ton of gold farming to do...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
6/10/2017 16:14:26   
Sflamin

DL has always been a beast at long boss fights but now with Patience equipped, there aren't many things that DL can't breeze through once it reached the 100% extra dmg potential. I feel especially sorry for any bosses that got hit by Dragon's Soul with that extra damage boost every 2 turns
DF  Post #: 242
6/10/2017 16:51:49   
LouisCyphere

So, I played through both parts of the Tournament of Champions with DL choosing between Patience and Rage.

Rage (RDL) is good for fights that can end quickly in 2-3 turns but struggles to finishes bosses with high defense or can regenerate HP since it can't (or it's hard) to loop its skill due to how long the cool downs are.

Patience (PDL), on the other hand, is basically the DL but on adrenaline. You get stronger after each turn and can loop skills. It does what the regular DL can do but better.

Some skills of RDL which have lengthy cool downs: The cool down might be a bit off since I just write what CD is written after the skill is used.
Heal: 19 CD (originally 12 CD)
Earth: 24 CD (originally 12)

On a positive note, Multi can be spammed but since it's locked to Energy damage, you can't really use it against Energy mobs. Heart also has 9 CD instead of 15 CD.

I think RDL somehow plays similarly to Riftwalker now since both classes need to finish fights quickly due to long cool downs. Although, RDL has some sustain.

@Verly:
Can I suggest additional changes to RDL. A passive skill where RDL's damage increases the lower its HP. However, I'm not sure how you can code that.

< Message edited by LouisCyphere -- 6/10/2017 17:02:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 243
6/10/2017 19:29:53   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

I'm not sure if Tomix will have time to do the heads on DragonLord classes. I might try to learn how to do that some time.

quote:

@Verly:
Can I suggest additional changes to RDL. A passive skill where RDL's damage increases the lower its HP. However, I'm not sure how you can code that.

Heart has this built in already. It does more damage the less health you have.
As for cooldowns on rotations, don't forget the double and triple attacks. They're quite strong on Rage DragonLord.
I intentionally nuked the defensive rotations from orbit, but I'll take a look later next week
AQ MQ  Post #: 244
6/10/2017 19:42:32   
VJ

quick question,
will these items show up every year or is it a once in a life time type of item?
I am asking because I have two years who don't even have close to what is needed for those items(They just recently gotten the Rose Badges just to do the ball).
Post #: 245
6/10/2017 19:47:11   
Zeldax

It was stated in the design notes that they won't go rare.
Post #: 246
6/10/2017 19:50:10   
VJ

I missed that,
thanks for pointing it out Zeldax.
but does that mean it will show up every year or is it a permanent shop item that you don't have to wait another year for?
Post #: 247
6/10/2017 19:52:48   
Zeldax

If it was gonna show up every year then that would make it a seasonal rare I think they meant that it would be permanent. With that being said, didn't they say the DDSoE would be seasonal?
Post #: 248
6/10/2017 20:30:49   
Paytonzane

I like the buff to Patience! 1% a turn just feels a little lackluster. I actually went and did the Fire primal quest (since I just came back to the game like, two weeks ago and didn't know we could get the Fire Primal) and with the Patience buff I got to 35% before finally finishing off Flamedus and his allies. Buffing it up an increment feels a lot better.

Also, could we maybe get those buffs listed on the Design Notes and the Design Notes post on the forums? I saw I was getting 2% and had to go searching for the fact it was buffed, I honestly thought it was a bug for a few minutes.
DF  Post #: 249
6/10/2017 21:52:37   
ArchNero

Ahhh that would explain why dragon heart did more damage than what I initially used in the first few turns than when I had full health.

I think DL does fine against bosses with high PDB (Parry, dodge, block). A bit of a struggle but can be made easier with like irismancer staff, and poelala that both increase your BTH.

I actually tried to do extreme mode Sir Ruppenwaffles I just barely managed to beat him with irismancer staff and poelala.

What will RDL struggle a bit against would be like strong bosses that do a lot of DoT damage like Ricterild or edgeworth, and bosses that have insanely high MPM like Mumragon on extreme mode that make them almost impossible to land a hit outside of skills with built in high BTH and using other BTH buffs

Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DragonLord Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition