Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Info Submission >> AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/26/2013 22:04:07   
  Scakk
Beyond

Have a suggestion* for the pedia or feedback about the pedia you would like to share? This is the place for that. Sometimes we may place an idea we have here to get your opinions on it before it is implemented.

*Keep in mind not all suggestions will be taken.

Fixed a wording error. ~whacky

< Message edited by whackybeanz -- 6/27/2013 15:29:44 >
AQW  Post #: 1
6/27/2013 13:10:12   
Heroes of the Scape

Is there an official format we need to use for posting suggestions?

One thing I would love to see the quest entries have the author listed on it. I know that might be hard for older quests but the recent ones shouldn't be too hard.
AQ  Post #: 2
6/27/2013 13:44:07   
mythicswords

I think it would be nice if the guests in the pedia were splitted into 2 differents types:

- Thoses that you can summon with a spell
- And the others

Because everytime i tried to look in the guests' pedia, i had trouble finding what i wanted when i was searching what guest could be the best among the available ones...
AQ DF  Post #: 3
6/27/2013 15:26:29   
whackybeanz
Times Silent Keeper

HotS: There's no official format per se, but if you have a suggestion that probably cannot be easily described in words, a visualization will always help.

As for having the author of the quest's name written on it, I'll check with the authors and see if it's fine with them for me to post it. At the same time I'll speak with the other AKs and see what's the best way of doing this, if implemented.

< Message edited by whackybeanz -- 6/27/2013 15:31:27 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
6/28/2013 3:34:27   
zippy2010

Ok so finally this thread came out ;)

My suggestion is for copy-pasting the info subs numbers in the pedia entries. The original numbers of armor/weapons/pets/misc/spells that IMR posts to be put in only the highest tier of that equipment. It will contain the numbers and clarifications and other info that staff gives out.

Pros:
1) Helps someone like me who like to see raw numbers while doing comparisons or just checking stuffs.
2) Since AKs are humans too they also *sometimes* make some slight mistakes. While posting original numbers they may double check the entries as well and fix errors before anyone notices it.

Cons: Other then workload I can't come up with anything else.

This can be done from year 2012 onward. Though I prefer 2011. If you want, and I insist, I myself can help you get together the numbers from info subs and give it to you in one file.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
6/28/2013 3:41:26   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

I think it would be nice if in the armour indexes it said what the lean of each armour was. It would make it easier to find the armour lean you're looking for
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
6/28/2013 4:25:27   
whackybeanz
Times Silent Keeper

^

This isn't the first time it has been suggested. The previous time it was brought up, we did go through a round of discussions and found it not feasible, because it makes the indices look messy. Not only do we have FD, MD, N, MO, FO, there are also other leans, and the older armors don't really have any leans of sorts.

You can find the discussion thread on this issue here.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
6/28/2013 4:50:56   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

ORIGINAL: zippy2010

My suggestion is for copy-pasting the info subs numbers in the pedia entries. The original numbers of armor/weapons/pets/misc/spells that IMR posts to be put in only the highest tier of that equipment. It will contain the numbers and clarifications and other info that staff gives out.

Pros:
1) Helps someone like me who like to see raw numbers while doing comparisons or just checking stuffs.
2) Since AKs are humans too they also *sometimes* make some slight mistakes. While posting original numbers they may double check the entries as well and fix errors before anyone notices it.

Cons: Other then workload I can't come up with anything else.

Supported! Instead, you and another poster(s) just need to add a note of a link as I did/do, see below.

In my last 3 entries I already added a note at the bottom of the analysis of each entry:
  • Click this if you want to see the original numbers of Cysero's Teleport Booth series by Kamui.
  • Click this if you want to see the original numbers of Geist Blade series by In Media Res.
  • Click this if you want to see the original numbers of Booster Pack series by Kamui.
  • Post #: 8
    6/28/2013 5:06:01   
    zippy2010

Thats one way but sometimes stuffs are updated later on and info could not be found out in the original. People may have to look other posts too or replies from staff to questions. For eg. IMR updated frogzard element compensation and they were posted as separate. It would be more work for AKs to update his post each time something changed. Moreover IMR replies to forumites question that a certain weapon is sword etc in Q&A/info subs/bugs section. It could be just summed into one post and pasted in pedia entry. (Trivial: Also having too many tabs open is a mess.)

Thanks AVA for support.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
    6/28/2013 6:19:29   
    BlackAces

Just so you know the Pedia AKs are all very much aware of every change IMR makes. Regardless of where he posts it.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 10
    7/1/2013 22:03:11   
    Dragoon23
    Legendary AK!!!

@carandor: While the armor indices didn't work for the reasons beanz listed, we now have the Armor Leans status condition which lists all the armors that use the updated lean system.
    Post #: 11
    7/5/2013 11:44:50   
    Koree
    Legendary AK!!!

mythicswords: If you're referring to the Guest Index by Element, there are plans to make it a bit easier to find guests there. Not exactly what you suggested, but something close to that. Unfortunately, the update might not be happening very soon.

Here's something that we have been planning for 100%-proc weapons (bows, guns, wands and so on):

As 100%-proc weapons ignore your armor attacks by having special(s) with a (combined) rate of 100%, we have listed them as Special Attacks in our entries. However, they aren't typical weapon specials, as they are treated as normal Player attacks and receive stat bonuses to damage and BTH. Furthermore there are weapons with both bow attacks and real weapon Specials, and all this can affect weapon performance depending on the player's build, and make it confusing for viewers. To address this, we came up with a slightly different format that differentiates bow attacks from real specials.

Here's what the entry for Volleyball would look like currently:
    quote:

Volleyball

Level: 2
    Power Level: 2
    Price: 31
    Sellback: 15

Type: Ranged
    Element: Water
    Damage: 5-7
    BTH: 0

SPECIAL #1
    Hits: 1
    Damage: 95.4% Base and Random
    Stats: 101.9%
    BTH: +0 plus Stats
    Note: This is treated as a normal Player attack
    Rate: 80%

SPECIAL #2
    Damage: 183% Base and Random
    Stats: No normal Stats; 113% Lucky Strike damage
    BTH: +2
    Rate: 20%

DESCRIPTION
    Perfect for spiking at your enemies, or for talking to when you're cast away on a deserted island!

And here's what it would look like with this plan:
    quote:

Volleyball

Level: 2
    Power Level: 2
    Price: 31
    Sellback: 15

Damage: 5-7
    BTH: 0

NORMAL ATTACK
    Damage: 95.4% Base, 95.4% Random and 101.9% Stats
    BTH: +0 plus Stats

SPECIAL
    Damage: 183% Base and Random
    Stats: No normal Stats; 113% Lucky Strike damage
    BTH: +2
    Rate: 20%

DESCRIPTION
    Perfect for spiking at your enemies, or for talking to when you're cast away on a deserted island!

Here's a list of other minor changes this would bring that you may have noticed from the above:
    • The Normal Attack uses the same format as Armor attacks, not weapon Specials: gameplay wise, the role of Bow attacks is to mimic (mid-defensive) armor attacks.

• There is no longer a separate note that says "This is treated as a normal Player attack". NORMAL ATTACK written in all caps should be clear enough.

• Rate has been removed from the Normal Attack. If you see a weapon with Normal Attack, it will use Normal Attack whenever it doesn't use Special. Similarly normal weapons don't list the rate of turns where the special doesn't occur. If the weapon has multiple Normal Attacks, then naturally the rates are listed for each Attack.

The lack of a real Special will be indicated just like we do with normal weapons:
    quote:

NORMAL ATTACK
    Hits: 2
    Element: Light
    Damage: 247.48% Base, 247.48% Random, and 478.50% Stats each
    BTH: +8 plus stats each

SPECIAL
    None

Any of the above may be changed, new things can be added, or the whole idea can be scrapped, depending on the feedback we receive.
    AQ  Post #: 12
    7/5/2013 16:26:35   
    Heroes of the Scape

For weapons, would it be possible to put it's tag in the entry so we know if it works with the emblems? I know it is fairly self-explanitory but could be helpful.
    AQ  Post #: 13
    7/5/2013 20:18:18   
    Bu Kek Siansu

^ Supported! However, I'd prefer to add an explanation instead. :p

For examples:

quote:

Omnioath http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20674833

• Bow Master Emblem works in Ranged mode, Staff Master Emblem works in Magic mode, Sword Master Emblem doesn't work in Melee mode.
  • Note: That explanation isn't listed.

quote:

Horn of Tera Suul http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21356826

• The Sword Master Emblem works in Melee mode, the Staff Master Emblem doesn't work in Magic mode.

• quote:

Geist Blade http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21323286

• The Sword Master Emblem works with this weapon.
  • The Staff Master Emblem doesn't work with this weapon.

• quote:

Patriot Blade http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21359236

• The Sword Master Emblem works with this weapon.

• The Geist Blade is a Magic weapon, but the Staff Master Emblem doesn't work with this weapon.

Blades are not swords.

The Sword Master Emblem only works with swords.

• So, a weapon's category depends on its art, not its name or its type or its description.

There is nothing wrong to add an explanation to be 100% sure, and to prevent confusion in my opinion.
  • Post #: 14
    7/5/2013 20:24:39   
    Ranloth
    Banned

Description would be nice, nothing against it. It's just saying what type of weapon it is.

@Bu Kek Siansu
    In regards to Geist Blade and HoTS: you know Magic Swords exists and get higher bonus compared to Melee weapons, right? Bonus is higher because they deal 75% damage, but Swords aren't restricted to Melee types and saying "Staff Emblem doesn't work with a Sword." is pretty obvious. But Swords =/= Melee.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 15
    7/7/2013 14:50:41   
    Carandor
    Legendary Scribe of Lore

I agree with HotS and trans, instead of

type:melee/ranged/magic

you could have

attack type:melee/ranged/magic
    weapon type:sword/staff/bow/axe etc
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
    7/8/2013 2:13:50   
    BlackAces

Adding it in the effect section is very unlikely to happen. An item being a certain category is not classified as an effect and would make no sense to appear there. Stating the obvious is pretty redundant in the pedia and creates extra work for basically no reason. Nearly all items are clear cut so you'll know if it's a sword, staff, spear etc. In cases where it's ambiguous the weapon descriptions often fill in the blanks and if not then clarification can be made.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 17
    7/8/2013 20:18:17   
    Ranloth
    Banned

I was thinking - why can't we follow DF's Pedia format when it comes to items? Currently, each entry consists of stats for one version and picture. Post below will have higher level version - or rare/past stats - and a picture as well. If there is the same picture being used, could we not have one post at the bottom with the picture and Credits? It'd save on loading times as opposed to loading many pictures at once just to find one entry.

It could aid those with limited internet, slow connections or both. I've used my mobile many times on Forum and it took ages to load at times mainly because of pictures. Likewise when using my phone as portable router (tethering).
    AQ Epic  Post #: 18
    7/8/2013 23:38:31   
    Bu Kek Siansu

Supported! Instead, the lower version should have the picture, so you don't need to scroll down to find it.
  • The credit line shouldn't be listed in only one entry, but in every entry.
    Reason: Sometimes two or more entries got corrections, additional info etc. That's why.

• Also, if it's possible, could we use an explanation on each entry instead of the image tags to help
    people with limited internet, slow connections or both to prevent issues as Trans mentioned above?

For an example:

(Special Offer, Guardian, Rare) tags
    White Knight

Instead of:

White Knight

• For items with the same name, some of them have Guardian tags while the others not. That's why.

< Message edited by Bu Kek Siansu -- 7/9/2013 0:29:19 >
  • Post #: 19
    7/9/2013 3:18:48   
    zippy2010

I support having only one image, if its the same for all versions, in the lowest one so that loading of page doesn't take time.
    But I don't support what Bu said about tags. The reason is that we or atleast I have accustomed to know what a green/golden/red tag stands for in the pedia pages. Having a color denote the position of a item is more suitable then text. Scientifically proven also. It does make loading easier but I don't want to go read its a X type of item when I can easily do same with color. Its reduces time for the looker too. This is just my opinion.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
    7/9/2013 8:14:10   
    Ranloth
    Banned

DF Pedia has the last post dedicated to the picture and all the Credits. Even if it's a correction to one of the versions, it's still included at the bottom as a one massive Credit to people, even if you've helped in one entry then it'll say so.
    Having it in every entry is fine but it's technically repeating the same thing over and over unless there's one version where one of the Forum members spotted an error then that one will get altered. Therefore, I see no need for Credits in each post but a big one at the bottom.

As of to tags, I don't think they need to be changed into text. Looking at the size, they are merely 1KB per tag whilst pictures range from 30-50KB per entry so if there's 7 weapons, you're already reaching 200-300KB per one series of weapons, whilst tags (assuming 3 tags) will take 21KB which is below that of a picture - usually that is.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 21
    7/9/2013 11:22:44   
    BlackAces

Comparing DF pedia to AQ pedia is a pretty poor comparison. The level of information is quite different between the two. The reason most weapons/spells/armours/pets and whatever have individual posts is that for the general player base it's much easier to understand than a coded table. Sure a coded table in one post is easier but not when most people don't understand most of the information in it.

That's not to say it's impossible. Just a matter of whether it can be done so that everyone can understand it and not just people who understand coded tables and such.

< Message edited by BlackAces -- 7/9/2013 11:27:27 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 22
    7/9/2013 11:31:02   
    Ranloth
    Banned

Well, I was just comparing it in terms of pictures. That's all. Each individual entry would remain as it is, the difference would be one picture at the bottom (unless each version looks different/different name) and likewise with Credits for the entry.

It'd only reduce the loading times for each entry as well as bandwidth.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 23
    7/9/2013 11:33:54   
    BlackAces

True but then you have to consider the fact that when someone links directly to a level specific post of an item they'd have to scroll to the top/bottom, depending on if it's in the first or last post, to see a picture.

< Message edited by BlackAces -- 7/9/2013 11:37:27 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 24
    7/9/2013 11:47:34   
    Ranloth
    Banned

On the contrary, the entry is more about the stats rather than the picture. Some players, yes, do go for art instead of power but you cannot fight with graphics. Standards and such assume you do have appropriate level items so it shouldn't be too much of a pain for them to scroll down. On the other hand, nowadays people will have decent internet as opposed to dial-up so it's not a problem to keep things as they are (with pictures).

It comes down to lower bandwidth vs. laziness to scroll down.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Info Submission >> AQ Pedia Suggestion / Feedback Thread
    Page 1 of 3123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition