Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The DragonSlayer's Works[Collaboration]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> The DragonSlayer's Works[Collaboration]
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/30/2013 16:27:04   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hello all,

Arthur here. And this time I am back for a collaboration with fellow forumite Glais.

The story, which I am sure you'll find intriguing follows the legend of an Ancient DragonSlayer who was thought to have disappeared centuries ago, but who has nevertheless reappeared and is apparently in a Dragon slaying frenzy. Naturally, the Hero goes forth to investigate only to realize that one alone can do nothing. So comes the Second Hero.

I and Glais both agree that this'll help us get back in the L&L Section as Glais needs to complete his original story and I need to write this one.

Witness the creation of our story as we work through this thread.

Okay, so Glais, we need a name first, I was thinking, Dragonslayer Rising.
Any suggestions?

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
6/30/2013 16:28:20   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

[I am reserving this post for important notes and other story related paraphernalia]
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
7/6/2013 16:29:46   
Glais

Admittedly I'm not the greatest when it comes to names, but I kind of feel DS Rising lacks a certain subtlety
although by just messing around with the basics of the name I wound up with "Oldest Adversary"
DF MQ  Post #: 3
7/8/2013 3:57:44   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hmm... sounds cool.

How about Ancient Adversary?

Apart from the title discussion, I guess we should move on and create some notes for the Prologue.

I was thinking, we could start with a group of wild dragons talking in the forest at night about how some of their brethren got attacked at a different part of Lore and no one survived. The discussion follows from there?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
7/16/2013 15:37:06   
Glais

That works

And I like the idea for the prologue as well
DF MQ  Post #: 5
7/16/2013 16:24:18   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

A'right then, that'll go in the Notes.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
7/16/2013 17:42:12   
Glais

Cool cool.

So now I guess the next step is how word travels from this sect of Dragons to the protagonists, or will we start before either of them are DragonLords?
DF MQ  Post #: 7
7/17/2013 9:06:32   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Regarding that, how about the DS actually make his appearance near Falconreach?

We should meet him under completely anonymous circumstances to keep things interesting. He is out for Dragons and we both are two of the most prominent DragonLords in the land. Ash could tell the DS about us.

So, should ee both be at the same location or elsewhere?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
7/18/2013 2:16:49   
Glais

Oooh I quite like that idea actually. So initially we have no idea he's an antagonist pretty much?

Ash seems to be the resident message guy, alternatively he's likely to have picked up some news about 'us' from various inns (Serenity's included of course).
DF MQ  Post #: 9
7/20/2013 10:16:28   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Exactly.

Anyways, I'll put in some notes tonight and get to the prologue.

I would also like to bring to the fore the concept of the dominating writer, i.e., which of us will be writing what chapters. So, dibs on any chapters? Or suggestions?

Should I go with Prologue and 1?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
7/23/2013 21:21:02   
Glais

Hm, yeah since this is largely your idea I think you should take the first two

This way I can get a feel for how to continue and tie in my character to the story better
EDIT: Also, what do you think about each of us writing 2-3 chapters at a time? Would give us a little more breathing room and possibly resolve certain points easier
Plus it keeps the flow a little more steady

< Message edited by Glais -- 7/23/2013 21:28:32 >
DF MQ  Post #: 11
7/29/2013 3:43:23   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

So you mean, in each of our updates, we update with 2 or 3 chapters instead of one?

That's agreeable.

I'll go with the Prologue and Chapter One then.

Oh, and sorry for the late reply, I had to suddenly go out of station.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
8/27/2013 2:26:06   
Glais

Yeah
I figure it'd give us a little more breathing room to work with as far as possibly tying things up that couldn't necessarily fit in one chapter

And it's no problem, I was busy moving the past 2 weeks and had little to no internet access in general so sorry for another ridiculously late response
DF MQ  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> The DragonSlayer's Works[Collaboration]
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition