Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 22«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/9/2013 12:55:08   
DarkDevil

i renamed it to Guardian AWE i guess that would look cooler or feel free to suggest.
AQ Epic  Post #: 51
8/9/2013 17:26:33   
GearzHeadz

This class would be sexy with a revamp similar to DL.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
8/9/2013 17:52:32   
DarkDevil

Dragon lord is rather a defensive class with dot skills while this guardian should be offensive , rather fully offensive where skills like shield give 50% defence and blind is only 30% and stun is only 2 turns weaken is only reduces a turn of damage with long cooldowns while relying on 2 different stats makes it devasting but hard to maintain the power , remember the guardians actually guard the lore so they must conquer any threat as foot soldiers , you could see the suggestion i made in the last page for some details on how it could look.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 8/9/2013 17:55:21 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 53
8/9/2013 17:56:11   
GearzHeadz

I meant art wise, not skill wise.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 54
8/9/2013 17:59:40   
DarkDevil

my bad ,
art wise the current look is the classic guardian look the only thing that could be done is to modify the small details and add some effects like a shine but the whole art won't change , its how guardians look.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 8/9/2013 18:08:54 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 55
8/9/2013 18:10:35   
GearzHeadz

Ya true. I would like them to incorporate the guardian shield though. Its only shown in towers, the 100 room dungeon, and in the defense guardian skill.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 56
8/4/2014 1:01:28   
Paladin Warrior

Bumping this thread to discuss the upcoming Guardian revamp. What do you guys think of the new art? Ideas and hopes for the skills? New matching gear? Should it be color custom or proper Guardian colors?

Sidenote: Funny that one year ago these threads started as the Ranger revamp project began, and now finally the old class redesigns are really happening. A dream come true

< Message edited by Paladin Warrior -- 8/4/2014 1:02:35 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 57
10/13/2014 5:30:53   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

I'm hoping that it can still be color-customed, as for the art itself, well a little touch up can be good, but what will make my day is that if they also create an UltraGuardian version, no need for it to have different skills than the Guardian one, but I kinda want to see the DF version of UltraGuardian artwork

For the skills however, it will be hard to determine given that Guardians doesn't really have a set theme, the only skill that would be a given would be Call Guardian Dragon, aside from that, its all speculation

< Message edited by Mystical Warrior -- 10/13/2014 5:31:57 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 58
10/13/2014 6:17:07   
NagisaXIkari

Still not a fan of the shoulder pylons on the new art.
DF  Post #: 59
10/13/2014 7:07:05   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

New art? Was there already a preview of its new art? I might've missed, so can anyone link me one?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 60
10/13/2014 7:22:22   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Guardian has two previews, one each for art and skills.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
10/13/2014 7:52:06   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

O.O art looks totally awesomesauce, now I can't wait for it to go live, although looking at the art, looks looks like the color customization will disappear, kinda looking forward to it being customizable, nontheless the art still looks awesome.

As for the skills, looks like the class retained some of its old skills, unless of course all of the skills are the old ones, its just that the other skills got updated to a more awesome one that it just totally makes you forget their initial animations

Once this update go live, I have a strong feeling that I'll be playing DF alot more often than AQ now.

I wonder if the Guardian blade will get higher lvl versions, or DF version ones, like the Guardian Blade Prime in AQW

< Message edited by Mystical Warrior -- 10/13/2014 7:54:38 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
10/13/2014 7:59:51   
Zeldax

I believe Cronix (The Person who made Guardian's New Art and Skills) said that it would still be CC. Can't find out where he said that since it was a long time ago.
If someone would please post a link to that, it would be very helpful
Post #: 63
10/13/2014 8:02:54   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@Zeldax If that is so, then I guess I'll become more active in the DF community cause of the class, of course I won't be setting aside AQ since that game started it all.

Edit: I seriously can't get enough of the new animations, especially the giant slash wave, I wonder if the helms in the preview is a toggle to see or not

< Message edited by Mystical Warrior -- 10/13/2014 8:48:05 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 64
10/13/2014 11:20:17   
VJ

wow, I like the armor update and the skill updates, I tend to use the armor for the challenge and replying any boss fight with it and winning was the best feeling :)

anyways updates for it was needed to fully bring it into the 9.0 era of the game.
still for those that like nostalgia the old skin for the armor should be also be accessible either via the guardian & or the wardrobe.
Post #: 65
10/13/2014 12:45:59   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

I wonder if the class will have any passive, like Paladin's healing...maybe a passive helps recover from stuns
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 66
10/13/2014 12:50:31   
Mr G W

Don't think there will be a passive.

Passives are supposed to be rare and unique.
AQ DF  Post #: 67
10/13/2014 12:55:34   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

The class itself can be one kind of rare given that you need to be a Guardian in AQ before you can actually access it in this game. Not all DF players are Guardian players in AQ.

So getting a little of something for paying to support one of AE's games won't be so bad

< Message edited by Mystical Warrior -- 10/13/2014 12:56:16 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 68
10/13/2014 12:56:41   
Mr G W

I suppose guardian is a good candidate for a passive. We shall see...
AQ DF  Post #: 69
10/14/2014 10:45:23   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

Seeing how big the shield is, I wonder if Guardian class can get a passive like 20% chance of reducing incoming damage by 50%, or maybe give it a toggle ability that does such thing.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 70
10/14/2014 14:25:23   
VJ

I kind of wish it came with a built in shield like the Dragon Lord Armor does and gives it a auto bonus for defense while not having any other passives other than maybe a HOT skill seeing as it is a pure front line combat armor with basic defensive skills however almost all of the skills are assault(attack) skills of some form or another.

though the more I think about it a built in shield just doesn't seem to fit in with the new art work(Which is sweet!).

I think the one thing that actually bothers me is the random Ele attack skill which could make or break some fights(such as a boss with a +200 for any given ele).

Post #: 71
10/14/2014 15:59:56   
DarkDevil

new animations looks cool, and the armor itself looks amazing, it indeed seems a little offensive for a shield holder, i can only count 2 defensive moves, so maybe there would be a defensive passive or some of those skills will have some effects.

is it me or does the final skill look like a white dragon closing it's mouth on the weapon
AQ Epic  Post #: 72
10/14/2014 18:17:07   
Zeldax

@VJ
The new artwork has its own shield already, but it hasn't been released yet.
Post #: 73
10/14/2014 18:38:34   
VJ

@ Zeldax
it does? I didn't see it, regardless if I seen it or not, its sweet just knowing that :)

edit: I just looked back over the art, I thought that was something else and not a shield.

I may have missed it but is it like the old armor where it lets you change its color or is that the only color it comes in?

< Message edited by VJ -- 10/14/2014 18:47:02 >
Post #: 74
10/14/2014 19:21:49   
Darius

I'm guessing that the Guardian Blade will receive an art/stats update along with the class, especially if they keep to the current setup where certain skills power up with the GB equipped.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Guardian Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 22«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition