Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Where Is The Incentive To Play This Game?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Where Is The Incentive To Play This Game?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/8/2013 16:18:01   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

Mutating swords weapon are quite expensive ^_^. Maybe they need to make separate clubs/staffs/claws. Haven't seen separate weapons in a long time.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 7/8/2013 17:01:38 >
Epic  Post #: 26
7/8/2013 16:25:03   
edwardvulture

like any game, to have fun
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
7/8/2013 16:42:07   
Ranloth
Banned

Swords are universal, they don't mutate.
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
7/8/2013 17:01:14   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^
Ooops; I meant mutating weapons. Sorreh about that.
Epic  Post #: 29
7/8/2013 21:38:31   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Thread has been cleaned up. Lets try this again, without trolling or taking subtle jabs at the staff. If you feel that you cannot post according to the rules, then I strongly suggest you avoid posting altogether until such a time that you feel that you can post in a civil manner.

Stay on topic.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
7/8/2013 23:31:35   
kaiseryeux21

as a beta player, i can speak from my experience that ED today is certainly not that "enjoyable" as compare to ED 3 years ago. Anyone can argue but they know deep in their hearts (even the dev's) that im telling the truth. that's the reason why Dev's are looking for new things and new features in order to bring back the excitement into this game. but i believe bringing back old stuffs and old systems like arcade, NPC wins count towards battle records, enhancements etc. cannot solve the real problem. We have to move on. And moving on means forgetting the past and look forward for what lies ahead. in my own opinion, the game right now is not really that boring or redundant as to what some players would say. the only thing that this game badly needed is making SOMETHING to be achieved. I mean, missions are here and they are good but they only last for about 2 days to be completed ( 1 week max for a droppable items to collect). We need some more OBJECTIVES other than 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and jugg champ. Level cap is also not the best solution because after you achieved the max cap, you will be back to the same feeling again. What i suggest is the addition of battle rewards. Who doesn't like rewards anyway?? More rewards means more fun. The reward is not necessarily in credit form but something that will keep players happy and motivate them to battle more. For example, new achievements for reaching a certain number of wins. I can remember someone suggested about a year ago regarding new achievements to be added in the game. Another thing is battle drops which can be collected and have a credit conversion. example X amount of drops = Y amount of credits. I don't think it will really create credit inflation because with the current prices of weapons, bots, bikes, and even cores, we need more credit generator. So far these were just the things i came up to. Hopefully, others will give their own ideas as well. We love this game and we don not want it to die. Pls. help. If you can't, just shut up. :-)

< Message edited by kaiseryeux21 -- 7/8/2013 23:33:03 >
DF Epic  Post #: 31
7/9/2013 4:39:54   
kosmo

I think we all have this feeling even more since devs stopped working on balance evry week to make the war. I m sure they re taking their time, since balance can t always be fixed in little steps, sometimes we need big updates to come alltogether (passive rework for example), but the biggest the change is the more risky it is, and I m pretty sure they know this, so they wont do nothing until they re not sure it is working. Once they re ready, and balance gets worked out, they can add better contnent, such as cores, that for this reason have been left aside. I find balance changes themselfs a very good reason to play and evrything that has to do with gameplay, bots and cores.What we need is unique cores or unique weps with cores on, more worthy equipment to work for in general, not only for cosmetics, but also for a unique flow in battle (for example free aux and gun active cores are the same, useless ones, since Omega is here).

< Message edited by kosmo -- 7/9/2013 4:43:28 >
Epic  Post #: 32
7/11/2013 9:32:02   
T.600

I don't know why I've stopped playing. I've asked myself, is it because I've played too much and I am genuinely bored after too much battling? However, I have to admit, that each week, when I check the DNs, there is nothing exciting at all. Each update just seems bland and lack-lustre to me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/11/2013 10:35:47   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

I agree with you there.

I think I'm bored of the game because there's nothing to do now. Achievement wise? Yes I could get them but I cannot be asked to battle & get 200 influence in each region. Not much of this game to do anymore except getting new equipment & achievements (and some others)
Epic  Post #: 34
7/11/2013 11:46:17   
Midnightsoul

You see, the problem with this game is that it's always basically pressing the battle buttons (1v1, 2v2, jugg..)

I've never seen anything different in ED.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
7/11/2013 12:00:54   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

I have ready many of the responses about finding interest.

In gaming, what aspects generally you do find enjoyable and wish EpicDuel to implement?

When answering this question, please consider these as a focus of your answer.
1) Socially
2) Competitively
3) Intellectually
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
7/11/2013 12:14:44   
DunkThatOreo

^ Wow didn't even know you were still around :O
Epic  Post #: 37
7/11/2013 12:43:27   
comicalbike

i would like them to give something like a weekly mission thats every week so we have something to go for
Epic  Post #: 38
7/11/2013 15:43:46   
EpicIsEpic

Ok so i was bored of ED then i took 3 months break and started liking it again. I suggest you do the same.
What i wish to be implimented is speak button where people with mics could speak.
Post #: 39
7/11/2013 15:51:46   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

Couldn't you just use skype?
Epic  Post #: 40
7/11/2013 16:18:47   
EpicIsEpic

Well yes but if you want to talk to your partner then it would be very useful since some are bad typers and finish typing after you done your move. Mute button obv as well.
Post #: 41
7/11/2013 16:30:23   
Mother1

@ kosmo

Look at the last big change the developers made? Everyone expected it to be all that and a bag of chips, however when it came, quite a few players want said change undone.
Epic  Post #: 42
7/11/2013 18:21:30   
Q...Q

Guys come on....

Mother1 said it , they have only 5 developpers (2artist , 1 story writter )
So thnking this game will get balanced and enjoyable more than now in few months ,its impossible
DF Epic  Post #: 43
7/11/2013 20:09:47   
Midnightsoul

@DunkthatOreo

Lol ikr? xD

@Jzaanu

Hello again Jzaanu! :)

I think ED just need more variety in gameplay. Like more non-PvP related stuff. Everything just comes from mashing that battle button.
And the wars need to be even more realistic. Like real strategical war. (Ex. Use that captured turret and fire at my opponents or...
It would be cool if your alignment has a captured propoganda tower which helped advertise and increase credits gained a lil bit per win for your alignment)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
7/11/2013 22:11:50   
kosmo

@Mother one.You must have some sort of obsession for me, because you really cant stop finding something in my posts you can replay.
Epic  Post #: 45
7/11/2013 23:04:14   
Dual Thrusters

Well of course mine is to find the ultimate build...

And to get dirty rich >:D
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
7/12/2013 8:43:09   
EpicIsEpic

@dual
you dont need a ultimate build to get rich... there r many other ways...
@ topic
i would play the game if you wouldnt be so limited in choices you make.
I want to change to a class. But first i must do 1352 1v1 battles (assuming i win them all). Or for the frost bite armor ect. (49k) or something like that

Developers thought that you would spend money on varium but that encoradged some people to use alternatives/unfair ways of getting money.

What i would really love that each weapon would have different damage and stata points it would give and each weapon would have a special core. And all the skills of new classes replaced. (apart from field medic) Or an option to make your own class (with limitations obv)

Post #: 47
7/12/2013 12:52:42   
Dual Thrusters

I don't need the ultimate build to get rich, that's just something personal.

I already have a build that get's meh rich
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
7/12/2013 13:55:17   
  Exploding Penguin

Honestly, there is very little incentive left for me to play. I agree with some things frostblitz said, such as how every weapon is exactly the same and there is almost no unique properties of any of them excluding the promos. I noticed you said the level cap hasn't been raised in 2 years; it actually hasn't been raised in one, I believe. It was last raised during the infernal war which was last summer.

Part of the lack of fun is just the playerbase that is pretty much wrecking the battle system. They complain on the forums about many things that aren't even broken in the game. Then, they also just abuse the same builds in 1v1 to the point where I don't even want to play anymore because there is legitimately barely any build variety. Stack that on with the current battle mechanics considering luck and the luck-based builds such as glass cannons players are making and it just turns into whoever's lucky wins, and a single luck factor could easily spell out who wins and loses.

Another main reason why I think the new releases are all unappealing to me, and possibly other players, is because every weapon is the same. Before, when there was a new shop with brand new weapons, I couldn't wait to log on to see their stats enhancements, because each weapon was unique. Out of the massive amounts of armors/weapons released so far in Omega, I'd have to say that it would have been way more attracting in previous phases because each weapon would have its unique stats. Now, you just know that there are new weapons, then you think, "Oh, another fairly nice weapon design that I pretty much don't have any use for because my current weapons can simply have their stats reconfigured, and the cost of upgrading this weapon to level 35 is far too expensive. I think I'll pass and not buy this weapon." Whereas, the thinking of a weapon released in previous phases would be somewhat along the lines of "Oh cool, this weapon has no strength requirement and increases tech by a little, dex by a little, and support by a humongous freakin amount (this is mainly pointed toward a weapon like harvest reaper)! Now I really want this item, it would be perfect for a new build I wanted to try out!"

Basic summary is that almost everything executed in Omega was an unfortunately bad step, so we'll just have to see what the staff can do to recover from this situation.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 7/12/2013 14:12:28 >
Epic  Post #: 49
7/12/2013 14:39:33   
Bloodpact

What i'd like to see is if the bosses had some incentive , they are fun to kill , but then you don't get anything out of it...

only a cheevo sometimes... if they could give some credits/xp that would be great :D... also like NPC daily kills they should be limited...

a lot more limited since they would yield greater rewards then regular NPCs.
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Where Is The Incentive To Play This Game?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition