Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= July 12th, 2013: LIVE: Fire Series & Contest Characters

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= July 12th, 2013: LIVE: Fire Series & Contest Characters
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2013 21:56:28   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

Fire Series & Contest Characters

Posted on July 17th, 2013 by Nulgath

Game Update v0.8.14
Four New Character! 2 Fire Characters & 2 Contest Winner Characters

• Evil Jim (SG)
  • Infernal Fiend
  • Necrosis Dezgardo (Contest Winner)
  • Aqueous (Contest Winner)

The Fire Card Series Deck! 2 New Cards:

• Fire Whirl - Deals 400 Damage every turn for 4 turns
  • Meteor - Deals 1,500 Normal Damage

Card Change:

• Incinerate's mana cost increased by 2

3 New Spell Animation Effects For:

• Inferno
  • Meteorite
  • Fire Whirl

Warlic Bug Fixes:
    1)Fixed a bug that caused negative numbers in the Customizable Card Screen.
    2)Fixed an issue that could have caused a blank CC screen for some players.
    3) Resized some popups for battle and Levelups
  • DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    7/12/2013 22:40:32   
    The Finnish Phoenix

I must say I do enjoy the new formatting.

Also, Necrosis's deck is pretty nuts, I'm pretty sure that with 3 Poisons and 2 Marks Black Dragon can kiss his long reign as top Shadow character goodbye.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
    7/12/2013 23:11:53   
    Mondez

The downside to my character is the energy costs along with the low chance of drawing shields and HP costs without LD. Luckily I'm already mastering his deck by keeping a high grade HP plus the use of Piercing cards work well and my CC only has three 212 damage, one 525 damage, and one 515 shield cards since adding more Poisons and MoDs is very costly to the energy pool. Life Drain is useless for him since its another big energy waster.

Hopefully I can get Archfiend and Migo's character soon plus Queen Aegea has still eluded capture.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 7/12/2013 23:13:39 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    7/12/2013 23:28:15   
    GuardMouse

@Mondez Your Character looks really awesome and I love the backstory, but the deck is kinda iffy, it takes a while to get it into higher levels but from there it just wrecks.

@Finnish Phoenix Evil Jim is a really cool character, I already have him level 17
    AQW  Post #: 4
    7/12/2013 23:29:12   
    The Finnish Phoenix

I love him so!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
    7/12/2013 23:43:23   
    Char

@TFP: That was super fast, Congratz! :) I must ask though, how many Boosts do you have?

Also: Congratulations to both Migo and Mondez on getting you awesome chars in-game! :D

< Message edited by Char -- 7/13/2013 0:38:34 >
    Post #: 6
    7/13/2013 0:15:45   
    Jmagician

@Rascal(char): You are telling the Levelling God of OS how fast he got his level 20. I wouldn't even be surprised in the slightest if he has 0 boosts.

As for this release (CC wise), I can sense that Nulgath is just enhancing the main strategy that revolves around each element. The Fire CC pretty much just confirmed this theory, for me that is. It also makes for a nice balance to the imbalance brought to us by Ice CC and proceeding types.

This is a special note to those characters that have been picked as winners (Migo/Mondez). Congratulations for making it in game! They are nice and I hope to get them down the road.
    AQW  Post #: 7
    7/13/2013 5:58:48   
    Megadragonknight

It is really surprising Evil Jim make his appearance in OS! I am so going to get him and make him one of my major powerhouse fire character! That is once I got lots of SG to spare and so is enough time to train him once I obtain every characters I haven't captured yet. So many tedious stuff to do for OS but I hope I will endure it once my school stuff is settle from this month to September.
    Post #: 8
    7/13/2013 11:37:24   
    The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

I must ask though, how many Boosts do you have?

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you, capture your soul and level it to 20.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
    7/13/2013 11:43:52   
    odsey

I'm bought Evil Jim, loving his card and animation even though the 5 hit is pretty standard for me. I could even make a fan fic when my current fan fic is done.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    7/13/2013 16:14:53   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Evil Jim's deck is good indeed. Fire Whirl and Meteroite will definitely change the playing field when it comes to Fire characters. The only downside it that he lacks shields.
    I mean right now, you can only depend on a kill-him-before-he-kills-you technique. CC'ing five shields would come in handy.

< Message edited by Skurge -- 7/13/2013 16:15:47 >

The ArchFiend Needs Your Support.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    7/13/2013 16:34:19   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Or you could just go all out with the kill-him-before-he-kills-you by CCing in some more Fire Whirls and Incinerates. That's my approach anyway.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
    7/13/2013 16:49:07   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

@The Finnish Phoenix:

But wouldn't that be difficult when going up against Ice or Neutral characters? ;o
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    7/13/2013 17:02:07   
    Char

@Skurge: 1) True, It would. 2) Nice name change! :)

@TFP: Helpful! I'm going to try that right now. :D

Something else to think about: Add a Neutralize, and two Iron Hides and you get an almost invincible fire character.
    Post #: 14
    7/13/2013 17:02:37   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Ice users will be more than happy to have the fight drag on while they spam Shatter and Ice Wall. Neutral characters can go various ways, but if they're trying to wall then you can always discard the DoTs and just focus all energy on boosted attacks to break through Iron Hide. Corruption, like Shatter, is more efficient than shields anyway so you're going to want to just kill them as fast as you can.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
    7/13/2013 17:18:23   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

@Char:

Good idea, but I thought Neutralize wasn't part of the CC series? (and thanks!)

@The Finnish Phoenix:

True. I guess Fire characters will dominate the field more than ever now!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    7/13/2013 18:27:15   
    Char

@Skurge: You're right! Then I guess that must be done with a character that already comes with neutralize. (Like Skexis, Bavaria, Etc.) :D
    Post #: 17
    7/14/2013 4:24:57   
    Hakunin

Infernal Fiend is just a hairy, better looking version of Dread Fiend with average power.
    Nothing interesting, just introducing one of the new Fire cards (and not in a creative or reliable way).
    AQ  Post #: 18
    7/14/2013 12:45:01   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Don't forget that Infernal Fiend is an Apprentice, meaning he has a lot of room to grow.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
    7/14/2013 12:49:09   
    Jmagician

@TFP: According to the wikidot Infernal Fiend is a Master o.o
    AQW  Post #: 20
    7/14/2013 12:56:24   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Oh, so it is. Never mind. ^^
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
    7/14/2013 13:01:33   
    BJEBLE

@Hakunin he is also the basis for a very good Anti-Ice/Neutral character with his unblockables and DoTs.
    DF  Post #: 22
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= July 12th, 2013: LIVE: Fire Series & Contest Characters
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition