Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Paladin Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Paladin Armor Discussion Thread
Page 14 of 15«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/18/2015 10:56:11   
Ash

quote:

I found a graphical glitch.

From the screenshot it's falling over your foot, not into it. Either way that's part of how the game layers frames and not something that can really be fixed.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 326
5/18/2015 11:36:13   
Solargeo

quote:

It's not up to me as I'm not an artist. I can make you all a stick figure armor or recolor what's already in game but asking me to get the art out faster is like asking Artix to love undead

So it is possible just very unlikely. I still want to see Artix Vs. Undead Artix. Paladin vs Undead Paladin? Would that even work?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 327
5/18/2015 11:42:58   
Shadows Morgenstern

Very sure he meant it's a pointless venture. >.>
DF  Post #: 328
5/18/2015 11:46:14   
Solargeo

I know that Shadow while possible it is would be hard to. But recolors does sound nice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 329
5/18/2015 12:00:24   
DD.CLYDESTER

Yep recolour, for the armor's white parts, maybe a little grey?
That weapon though, I'd like to have that as a scythe for my golden guardian <3

< Message edited by DD.CLYDESTER -- 5/18/2015 12:02:06 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 330
5/18/2015 12:02:10   
Solargeo

For weapons. @above you mean my dual spear? Also the new art is awesome. I really like the gold accent it pops. but not to much just the right amount. X-x I am somewhat of a stickler when it comes to tings like this.

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 5/18/2015 19:53:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 331
7/28/2015 11:32:44   
lightriftwalker122

I like the Skills but not the art. I think it looks a lot like something a King would wear. It also looks kind of like a Knight but not really. It doesnt look like paladin to me. It looks too royal .

< Message edited by lightriftwalker122 -- 7/28/2015 11:59:15 >
Post #: 332
7/28/2015 11:47:49   
blllaaaaaaaa

Artistically it doesn't feel like a paladin to me. It feels more like a royal guard for a Wealthy kingdom. I'm liking the gameplay though.
DF  Post #: 333
7/28/2015 13:27:09   
Deviance

I'll be retiring my Paladin Armor for now since I've gotten rather tired of it. It's a great class, but you know, its good to shake things up a bit. I love the art, I just want to try something a little less knight-like.
DF  Post #: 334
7/28/2015 13:30:51   
Aura Knight

The design for the class armor isn't bad but as already mentioned, it seems less like a paladin and more like a royal guard. I would have preferred something similar to the artix npc in the game. There's no need for paladin to look that flashy. Still, the art on it is pretty amazing nonetheless.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 335
7/28/2015 14:23:22   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

To be fair, the word paladin derives from Charlemagne's Paladins, who were his best and noblest knights (in the legends, at least). Looking like a royal/noble is perfectly in character for a paladin.

Plus, a paladin's first and best skill is blinding their enemies with all the shiny things they wear.
DF AQW  Post #: 336
7/29/2015 6:15:01   
blllaaaaaaaa

@David - Charlemagne's Paladins still wouldn't wear That much useless armor for the sake of the weight. And considering these paladins are supposed to be selfless servants of the light, it's a little off. (I realize that's an exaggeration)

quote:

Mal - "Shiny!"
DF  Post #: 337
7/29/2015 6:50:48   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@blllaaaaaaaa: Well, the historical paladins, no, but their legendary depictions sure weren't modest: here's how Sicilians used to depict them, since the XIX century at the very least.

Plus, what about being a selfless servant of light has to do with fashion sense? Paladins are the guys that try to look as holy as possible while killing things. Every depiction of paladins I saw in games or stories has always had them covered in the most gaudy, eye-searing equipment known to Man.

(Kudos on the Firefly reference!)
DF AQW  Post #: 338
7/29/2015 7:04:10   
Shadows Morgenstern

@David: Paladin needs a blind skill where you just polish your armour a bit and the glow of it makes your enemy blind. XD.

Guys, fantasy game, a bit of creative liscence is allowed I think. :P Not everything has to be all realistic and depressing as this world!

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 339
9/15/2015 7:14:54   
Skyflakes

Alright, this is about Paladin to un-possible Doomcrawler. Paladin's "Greater Heal" skill which restore health and removes negative effects, why it doesn't remove Un-Possible Crawler's -150 boost? This skill supposed to effect on it. Also I say it's really negative since it causes your damage to heal on the crawler even if he'll have a missed attack and you'll have a disadvantage.
Post #: 340
9/15/2015 7:19:53   
SonicTbear

It does remove it. Chances are he did that attack that gives you -150 to Boost after you purged it the first time. XD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 341
9/15/2015 8:00:17   
Skyflakes

Oh you're right. It's like he have a mind of his own that whenever I'll use the purge he will do the attack again. Sigh. But I'm trying my best to beat it!

< Message edited by Skyflakes -- 9/15/2015 9:55:53 >
Post #: 342
9/16/2015 18:54:31   
Frostsoul

Just noticed that the hero's eyes appear to be golden when you're wearing the paladin armor. I think that's cool. Wonder what other armors change stuff I know deathknight does.
Post #: 343
9/17/2015 12:33:49   
Eltar

DOOMKNIGHT IS TOO POWERFUL TO STAY ON ITS OWN THREAAAAAAD!!!! that's right
D-D-D-D-D-DOOM!!!

By the way both DmK and IBR have that kind of change
Post #: 344
9/17/2015 13:36:51   
Sakurai the Cursed

Also Necromancer.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 345
9/25/2015 1:02:43   
StoonCoold

While the new paladin look is undeniably awesome, the old design wasn't so bad either. Not to mention it has one of the most awesome default swords in the game! Imo old pally should be accessible again as "Classic Paladin Armor"

btw, what's a nice cape to go along with the new paladin design?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 346
9/25/2015 7:42:48   
99th Dracopyre

The new Paladin armor design looks pretty detailed and a lot of work has gone into it, but it's rather... overwhelming if you look at it. Too many bells and whistles on it.
The previous Paladin design looked decent enough, like a crusader of sorts.

I'm not really into the Paladin designs, honestly, I see them to be "too much". The best rendition of the Paladin armor is what Artix is wearing. It's simple and humble to look at. (I guess the closest thing to that armor is the Deathknight armor)

~Draco
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 347
12/14/2015 18:25:49   
sebihp2007

I love the new paladin class. Just came back to DF after a long while and I've got to say I'm digging both the redesign in skills and in art. Great against undead (easy impossible crawler with this).
AQ  Post #: 348
12/15/2015 7:07:53   
UltimateDoomKnight

The revamped Paladin Class is perfect against any undead, especially against those with darkness element! The Impossible Crawler, even on Hard Mode, doesn't stand a chance against me when I wear the revamped Paladin Class because I wear the acessories for the highest darkness resistance as possible + the skill that boosts your damage and grants 40% more resistance to darkness, making me immune. Hehehe!
Post #: 349
12/16/2015 9:05:25   
gakorogirl

I've never played the DA side, only the non-DA side, and I actually like it a lot- for certain situations.

Like, grab Artix and/or Book 3 Ash, and then you can take out war bosses or grind-y quests in a blink! Barely loose any health, either, although you'll need some pretty strong mana potions. Which reminds me that I need to level up my alchemy skills. I used it to do the Necrotic Generals yesterday, and Opprobius+cultists a few weeks ago.

I love the animations and the design, although it's a little odd how freely we can move and leap and flip in that heavy armor.
DF AQW  Post #: 350
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 [14] 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Paladin Armor Discussion Thread
Page 14 of 15«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition