Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 15«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/18/2013 2:22:00   
shadow dragon666

Fal: New updates to armor are solid, gives it offensive + defensive while being it's own type of defensive armor which is cool.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
7/18/2013 11:29:43   
Avi Auditore

The only thing I don't like about Paladin is that it is only good for fighting monsters with a weakness to light. Imagine running the Light Orb saga with Paladin armor.

DF AQW  Post #: 52
7/18/2013 12:40:51   
Mordred

Well, yeah, it's a Knight of Light? Why wouldn't its awesome attacks with those animations not be locked into Light? Which was one of my complaints about classes like Pyromancer; what's the point of calling it that when you can use any element?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
7/18/2013 15:53:31   
Warmonger Starsaber

It is an awesome armor but it needs to be revamped and give more damage I think, maybe more buffs against undead enemies ?.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 54
7/18/2013 16:10:07   
Shadows Morgenstern

Guys, does anyone else think a shield would be cool on Paladin? Or would it be like DL where everyone was like "ermahgerd nuu its different I dunt like it" I think a shield could be really cool on paladin! Considering it's basically a knight of light. What do you all think?

@Modred: I know it's off topic but I felt EXACTLY the same way about Pyromancer. It's one of the reasons I can't stand to use it. It does not sense make. *uses lave, deals water damage* Wha?!

< Message edited by Shadows Morgenstern -- 7/18/2013 16:13:58 >

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 55
7/18/2013 16:12:53   
Baron Dante

Avi: I don't see an issue with it. While it's true Paladin's offensive capabilities are not only limited to DA-only, but also locked to Light, the class's true power comes from it's completely ridiculous survivability, to which the DA-side only barely makes an impact.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
7/18/2013 16:18:47   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

I would be all for a shield on Paladin and think it would really suit what Paladins often represent. That would only be my personal opinion, though. There isn't really a definitive equipment combination for a Paladin aside from plated armor. They are interpreted as wielding anything from two-handed swords and maces to smaller ones with an accompanying shield. Dx

@sd666: Honestly, a buff to Endurance is what I'd most like to see in Paladin. You rarely (If ever) receive in-battle bonuses to Stats like Endurance, and it could really, really add a new level to survivability.

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 7/18/2013 16:21:08 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
7/18/2013 18:39:10   
Mordred

Problem is, it'd have to be a *massive* bonus to END to actually have an impact, seeing as how each point only adds 10 HP.

Then there are some issues with maintaining it... What if you lose the bonus and die as a result? Actually, that's not really a problem, because strategy=good. But it could bug out to Heck and back if it reduced your HP to zero.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
7/18/2013 20:46:08   
Raharu95

So what we have gathered so far is we want the Paladin to try and be more defensive than offensive, it needs to not be elementally locked, and the Mecha look is ok, but could look better. is that correct? 'v'
DF  Post #: 59
7/19/2013 1:13:07   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

Endurance actually only adds five Health. Wisdom adds ten Mana. I think my hypothetical Warcry of the Paladin could be a good outline for something like that (Buff for entire party that scales with your level and then heals you) since the heal could possibly make sure that your Health bar properly accommodates the increase. Dx

Not to mention that if (charlevel * 2) were the formula for a buff like that, you would get 800 additional Health at level 80. Not too shabby.

@below: It would be necessary for a Skill like that so people don't abuse it the way people might abuse DragonSoul. It's nice for DragonSoul, but it would be overpowered for a Skill that would do reasonable damage to everything you were fighting if you had lower amounts of Health. Then again, it'd be hard to lower your Health often enough for it to become so easily abused.

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 7/19/2013 18:30:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
7/19/2013 17:15:55   
Raharu95

@Faerdin Do you believe your Hypothetical Skill of "Salvation" Would be one of those skills that have a cooldown carry over after battles?
DF  Post #: 61
7/19/2013 17:31:10   
Dracojan

i have max end so my heals are around 570hp or so. the 800 heal would be nice but its just slightly higher than what i get. if the heal is made to heal 30 or even 40% hp with the same low cd then it will be quite nice.
the heal wouldn't be a problem if the class had good defensive skills. that's what compromises the longevity of the hero using this class. the all light attacks aren't a problem for me :D
DF  Post #: 62
7/19/2013 19:20:09   
Xanaomin

I had, personally, noticed that the dragon rider really felt... underpowered as the story progressed.
But then Book 3 came out with the evolved form. :3

I think something similar is in store for all of the classes: Book 3 re-releases with more superior skills.
Paladin's definately one of those in need. Make it supertank!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
7/20/2013 22:00:07   
PsyBlade

Light-lock is good, keeps Paladin to its intended theme. Triggers for undead is also good, but since Paladins didn't start (at least in AQ's backstory) as anti-undead, they shouldn't be the priority.

Cosmetically, a shield is recommended.

I think looking at the revamped Dragonlord class, as well as Kathool Adept, and Pyromancer for ideas would be best.Like Pyro, Paladin should focus on survival. Like Kathool, it should focus on a specific element (even moreso). Dragonlord provides decent ideas for animations.

Mayhaps all light-locked skills should have some secondary buff.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 64
7/20/2013 23:54:31   
Kazuki_Kitsuki

(I'm still chained to the ground, duct taped to a chair and gagged from the DN thread, which was two days ago, so my main DF character will read what I want to say)

@Faedrin: About your response to the earlier post, the Rose wouldn't allow the Paladin Order to join because they are magic users who wouldn't relinquish their power, since Necromancers won't give up their necromatic powers. More than likely, the Rose kicked the Order out of Doomwood and the Paladin's are sore about it, especially Artix.

A shield would be nice for the class, but I realized that it shouldn't mimic Artix's armor because the DeathKnight is already a recolored version of the armor, probably the main reason they gave it a new look in the first place. I do believe we should get a new look for the armor, if an evolved/master form is released, but make it unique again. Maybe something more holy looking, something that matches with the mantle of destiny and the helm of destiny equips.
DF MQ  Post #: 65
7/21/2013 1:46:13   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

The Rose is not opposed to using magic in order to achieve their goals (See Manahunters, Manahuntresses, Energizers, Z). If the Paladin Order supported them, I am sure they would be allowed into the ranks of The Rose. :)

Would definitely agree that the art of Paladin could be redone to better reflect the Lawful Good nature of the Class. The design of the Helm of Destiny is a wonderful example.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
7/21/2013 9:48:20   
Raharu95

@PsyBlade If the killing of undead should not be their main theme anymore, then having a Light Lock is pretty much pointless. I mean just think about it. What would a Paladin do if they found a Hostile Light Spirit? Plus, their counterparts the Necromancers are ususlly associated with Darkness too, yet when we use the a armor we can yse the light element and all other elements just fine.
DF  Post #: 67
7/21/2013 10:57:51   
Mordred

@Raharu: But see, Paladins are Knights of Light. Removing that "of Light" part would only weaken the class, honestly. Like Pyromancer, which doesn't have any elemental locks when it really should.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 68
7/21/2013 12:22:00   
bokterier

The light lock makes the Paladin more real than other classes, because it stands true too their principles
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
7/21/2013 12:27:50   
Edorath

Yeah for me pally has very few issues aside from being pretty much useless to non DA, the art and the neck skin not being CC to skin. The light lock makes a lot of sense since paladin is a HOLY defender of the innocents. but yeah, the art could look a little bit more like artix's armor. Still the art is not entirely a problem.
AQ AQW  Post #: 70
7/21/2013 13:14:01   
Yuttt

The only thing I would like on the Paladin armor is just one or two offensive skills not Light-locked. The artwork is amazing, and the survivability is great, but against light-resistant enemies it has no powerful skills to use. I am fine with the armor look, and I think that if it was changed to look more like Artix's, it would feel repetitive with the Deathknight armor.
Edit: A working Blind and Stun skill would be nice, maybe just change the stun skill to 20% chance of a 2 turn Stun?

< Message edited by Yuttt -- 7/21/2013 13:21:48 >

Chelonian - The scientific name for Turtles, Tortoises, and Terrapins.
Three t's please
AQ DF  Post #: 71
7/21/2013 13:25:45   
Shadows Morgenstern

Wow guys! You all have such excellent ideas for Paladin! let's hope staff look at this thread and take notes D:
DF  Post #: 72
7/21/2013 13:30:18   
Mordred

Why complain about Light resistant enemies? They're by far the least common enemy type in the game, and really, considering how it's a Knight of Light class, it makes sense. Perhaps it could have skills that decrease Light resistance by a large amount when used, though, so you can actually damage those rare enemies.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
7/21/2013 13:32:21   
Yuttt

@Mordred
Thats an interesting idea! Maybe something which would bring the enemy's Light resistance down to 0 for the entire battle? That would be amazing.
AQ DF  Post #: 74
7/21/2013 13:35:04   
Mordred

See, what I think would work is that each of the more damaging skills would inflict a small nerf(say, -5 or -10 Light resist) that lasts for 50 turns. It requires you to use a long chain of skills to bring down that Light resist, which would make for a very strategic class IMO.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DoomKnight Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 15«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition