Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Paladin Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Paladin Armor Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/20/2014 8:13:59   
DarkLore

They are. But They didn't have enough time to update the art.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 176
9/20/2014 8:17:37   
Shadows Morgenstern

The new Pally is made of win! I love this, *takes his hat off to Ash, yet again* you have outdone yourself again Ashendal! Now we just gotta wait for Tomix to get a chance to finish the art! :D

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 177
9/20/2014 8:23:59   
Lord Ferno

The new power of the paladin is glorious! It is somewhat versatile and is almost unparreled in facing undead.
Post #: 178
9/20/2014 8:31:15   
DarkLore

I just wish there was a zero mana cost skill that was at least a little stronger than the attack button. While testing Paladin I accidentally used seal of salvation. I realize its supposed to be a gamble move, but it really hurts you in the long run. I bet Ash would just say that's the point of it. Its a last resort heal. Other than that along with how awesome prism is, great so far!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 179
9/20/2014 9:46:35   
DeathTrilogy965

Hey ash, im new as a member here *waves*
Loving the new pally armor, its beastly now. But what you said about pyro not being ele locked.. I was thinking that if you guys intend to do revamps for DC armor, you should make like a quest to find an item that would increase the power of these armor (like the artifact) so that it becomes a choice as to whether you want a change or not. (no refunds biz needed) Just a suggestion, because I am personally hoping for a change in the skills and power of pyro it was a little disappointing compared to using Xan in the ultimate orb quest.
Post #: 180
9/20/2014 11:27:52   
Bamzalot

Wow, this class just became brutal! I've always loved the Paladin class but could never use it seriously before. Now I'm starting to consider saving this as my new base class. I love everything about it. The heals are amazing and the power is, honestly, a bit overkill. I remember those weapon previews for Paladin. I am going to hope we can buy each option somewhere. I really liked that hammer!

I'll be down in the Necropolis overpowering everything for a while. See you all later!
Post #: 181
9/20/2014 13:26:03   
Anra

I love the new pally so far, but I think three healing skill are too much. I would prefer having a stronger Bless skill and instead of the Heal skill, have a purge debuff like skill. what do you think?

Edit: I just test the new greater heal skill and I found a bug. When I use it having the passive skill maxed, it removed permanently the passive for the remainder of fight.

< Message edited by Anra -- 9/20/2014 17:03:59 >
Post #: 182
9/20/2014 14:01:25   
Ash

quote:

Love the new skills, definitely the ultimate undead hunter, but I don't think I like the spear move being locked into piercing type damage, most people focus their offence into the damage type of their chosen base class which means for mages and warriors this skill will be ineffective.

I'll take a look at opening it up. Was trying to go with thematics which came down to a coin flip of magic or pierce.

quote:

Oh and will new animations for the paladin come with the new artwork?

Nope, no new animations. As was said many times before in many many places, new animations take far more work than just art. If Tomix has not had the time to finish the art he really doesn't have time to do new animations.

quote:

And what's the status on the new paladin weapons?

Weapons will come at a later date, as I mentioned in the revamp DN's. I need to get all of the DK items setup and in the game by the time it goes live for the empower skill. Since that is tied to a skill on the class itself it comes first, Pally's weapons are not.

quote:

huh...i hope they change the armors look. Ive always thought that it looks ridiculous, and looks like a knight, not a paladin.

As is noted right next to the description in game about the new skills, the same place you click the button to load the class, the current art will be replaced later with the new art Tomix is working on in his free time.

quote:

I just wish there was a zero mana cost skill that was at least a little stronger than the attack button.

Every class has some cost to all of their skills. Pally has a mana regen button on it that should take care of any of your issues as the costs themselves aren't all that large to begin with.

quote:

While testing Paladin I accidentally used seal of salvation. I realize its supposed to be a gamble move, but it really hurts you in the long run. I bet Ash would just say that's the point of it. Its a last resort heal.

Hey you answered it for me! Yes that's exactly what it's meant for. That's you "OMG I'M GOING TO DIE!" button. It can be used when you have almost no mana too and it STILL works. It's the ultimate save your butt button. On top of that you can just pop your mana regen button and STILL be good to go for a few turns. You have ways out of death with this class that almost no other class in the game has. You just have to use them together and in a strategic way.

quote:

I was thinking that if you guys intend to do revamps for DC armor, you should make like a quest to find an item that would increase the power of these armor (like the artifact) so that it becomes a choice as to whether you want a change or not.

That would be a discussion for the Pyromancer class thread. While there are plans for DC classes, revamps of things like Pyro aren't going to happen. The only DC class up for a revamp is the SteamTank as it's woefully out of date.

Anra - Bless is as strong as it can be for that short of a cooldown. It's meant to a slightly spammy heal that you use whenever you can to keep your HP up so you don't have to use your bigger heal all the time. Making it stronger means I have to nerf the damage of the class even more. If I just straight up removed the big heal skill then you end up with bless being the exact same as the skill you just removed and you lose one heal skill outright. As for the bigger heal not cleansing, I can lower the max heal the skill does and give it a cleanse ability on top of it if that works.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 183
9/20/2014 15:20:17   
Myra
Killing time softly

I used the new Paladin at the front for a bit, but I'm switching to another class now to be faster. It's not the best class for wars I have to say, but I imagine it must be great for difficult boss fights where you have to make sure not to run out of HP and mana over a long time. So many healing skills plus the passive effect ... and the attacks are powerful too.

I should probably test it more in its natural habitat so to speak, and hunt for some undead. Impossible doom crawler sounds like a good opponent. :D

Overall I think the revamp is very well done once again. Ash really does a great job in balancing the classes so that they hold up against the newer monsters, but also in giving them different strengths, and making each class feel unique.

When all revamps are done, we can finally make the decision which class to use based on what we like in terms of looks and abilities, rather than based on the question which class will actually survive a fight.
DF MQ  Post #: 184
9/20/2014 23:10:12   
vishal

^Destroyed the impossible doom crawler with this thing.
Prism+Aura and then any damage skill

The Crawler was doing 50 damage to me after these skills.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 185
9/21/2014 1:07:42   
Doom king of...DOOM!
Banned

Okay, Paladin's revamp is making me super duper duper DUPER excited for Deathknight. Can't wait to see what Ash can do with it! :3
Post #: 186
9/21/2014 3:28:42   
M31K

I think I like skills right now, but don't make only Spear of Light cause pierce damage.
Has anybody saw main weapon of testing paladin armor? It is scythe type.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 187
9/21/2014 3:37:55   
shadow dragon666

quote:

I'll take a look at opening it up. Was trying to go with thematics which came down to a coin flip of magic or pierce.

Don't we have things like this, but they are coded to take your main stat? It just deals X type of damage instead.

Also I think 3 heals is more than enough, in fact I love the passive heal ability that is something else we've not seen and it's actually really nifty.

From what Pally was, to what it is now, you've done way above expectation, pally is actually a usable class, and it's not half bad at all. Kudos.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 188
9/21/2014 3:41:44   
NatsuDragneels

@M31K: Yep, and lol at the description.

So if Paladin was like this, then I'm feeling DK is more powerful.
DF AQW  Post #: 189
9/21/2014 3:47:20   
Dragonic1

Sincerely, I would add some more chances to blind the enemy and when using the skill "protection", gaining more defense against darkness, or at least attack.
And it would be useful if we would access the "stun" skill more frequently.
Post #: 190
9/21/2014 7:45:53   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

The new Paladin is a powerhouse. It's absolutely unbeatable against undead and enemies that are weak to light in general, and it holds the ground well also against any and all foes. I have the feeling that, played right, this class is practically immortal.

I've defeated the Hard Mode Impossible Doom Crawler with an embarrassing ease, and I fought and defeated all the bosses in the Training Exhibit quest in Dragongrasp in Hard Mode and, when possible, in Extreme or Meltface Mode.

The only downside to this class is that its full offensive potential truly works only when facing enemies whose highest weakness is to light. For example, while I guess it is possible to beat Akriloth with the new Paladin, I wouldn't recommend it. Still, this is a good balance: such a strong and enduring class needs to be nerfed somehow, and this is the best way.

One question: Does Phoenix Song still deal 150% damage against Undeads? It's not stated in the skill description.
DF AQW  Post #: 191
9/21/2014 8:08:16   
DarkLore

Given the hits I got with Phoenix Song at lvl 68, I'd say so.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 192
9/21/2014 9:10:06   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

Really liking the new Paladin, it's very strong and everything.

I think the only grumbling I can make now is about how the final heal skill is named something different from Channeling Spirit, which I thought should at least stay somewhere to fit with the Warcry song :e
DF AQW  Post #: 193
9/21/2014 9:50:24   
Chazero

I easily beat Extreme Hard Mode Illusion Noxus with the new Paladin. I had a bit of a hard time with Impossible Doom Crawler but that was when I was just starting to use the class. Overall, I love the new Paladin. It would be even better when Tomix's art revamp for it is done.

I am now super excited for DK after seeing what Necro and Paladin can do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 194
9/21/2014 10:13:13   
Ash

quote:

I think I like skills right now, but don't make only Spear of Light cause pierce damage.

That got changed. You'll probably need to clear your cache to get that change.

quote:

Has anybody saw main weapon of testing paladin armor? It is scythe type.

That's for testing. I'm surprised no one's noticed the resistances your character gets while using it.

quote:

Sincerely, I would add some more chances to blind the enemy

I just made an adjustment to Dawn that does this.

quote:

when using the skill "protection", gaining more defense against darkness, or at least attack.

Aura of Light does both of those.

quote:

And it would be useful if we would access the "stun" skill more frequently.

CD's are usually standard for classes but I can see what I can do to lower the CD a bit.

quote:

One question: Does Phoenix Song still deal 150% damage against Undeads? It's not stated in the skill description.

All of the skills deal more damage against undead. They don't get a huge buff in effects against Undead like DS does since Undead are far more common and the heals detract from the overall power of the class, but the effects and attacks are more powerful.

quote:

I think the only grumbling I can make now is about how the final heal skill is named something different from Channeling Spirit, which I thought should at least stay somewhere to fit with the Warcry song :e

I was trying to make it different from the original. I can alter the name a bit and put it back though if you want.

Go ahead and clear your caches to get the newest version. There were a few bug fixes that got missed before, I added a cleanse to the big heal, added the blind to Dawn, changed a couple of skill icons (you might have seen those already if you tested yesterday). Spear selecting your weapon type went out yesterday so that one was done before.

< Message edited by Ash -- 9/21/2014 10:15:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 195
9/21/2014 10:22:31   
Shadows Morgenstern

...Oh my god the resistances with the testing blade! xDDD Omg Ash you just won. Though I have to wonder, with the spear skill, the arm that summons and throws the spear glows and crackles with energy, perfectly to the shape of current Paladin's arm. Will this be the same with new Paladin or will it still glow the shape of the new arm? Or is this a silly question? ._.
DF  Post #: 196
9/21/2014 10:43:53   
Ash

Things like that are applied onto the actual shape of the arm. When Tomix changes over the art it *should* automatically update to take the new art into account. If not I can fiddle with it to make that happen. There's a couple of small changes to things like that that I want to do for the new art, like making Barrier make your whole body glow and not just the arm for example.

quote:

Don't we have things like this, but they are coded to take your main stat? It just deals X type of damage instead.

Missed this one. We kinda do but it involves making the skill think your main stat is the stat in question and it isn't all that wonderful in terms of making it work right.

< Message edited by Ash -- 9/21/2014 11:18:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 197
9/21/2014 12:26:55   
Dracojan

where are the skill stats? has nobody posted them yet?
DF  Post #: 198
9/21/2014 12:46:29   
Ash

No, they'll be posted on the Monday following every testing release from now on. You get a couple days to play around with the skills and then you'll get the info.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 199
9/21/2014 14:18:34   
vishal

^
Was just testing, Dawn seems to remove Prism debuff from enemy.

Is this intended?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Paladin Armor Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition