Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 21 of 22«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/4/2014 14:49:50   
Gorillo Titan

Moutain strike does 1000 damage for 6 double it and its still fair just don't put it in CC packs.
Post #: 501
11/4/2014 15:07:47   
The Finnish Phoenix

I think that it's instant, condenses two cards in one, and has a chance to pierce make it fairly worse than Mountain Strike balance-wise and Earth is already one of the better elements so if it were to get a card like that then the other elements would need some attention too.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 502
11/4/2014 15:16:39   
Vertigo Beast

Mountain Strike also gives people time to prepare for it and can't go through shields. So thats not exactly a good comparison... Making it a 2000 DoT that has a chance to go through shields and hits after 2 turns then 12 would be fine. Just my thoughts

Also, why not a skill kinda of like Charged but makes all your attacks unblockable for earth characters? That'd be kinda neat maybe give it a +1 and unblockable and cost like 4 or 5 energy?

Also,
quote:

Gorillo Titan:
@everyone since I was the first to get level 20 King where can I post to get to that one list of people who get level 20 first?

Didn't know there was a list for this :o

< Message edited by Vertigo Beast -- 11/4/2014 15:19:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 503
11/4/2014 15:48:35   
Gorillo Titan

Hey im one of the hardest working people on the OS forum I spent years trying to get people and new things done for OS some have worked other haven't but im proud to at least try.

@Dylligraphy I'm fully down for new cards for other elements and I've even brought up the idea of cards for example wildfire a fire card that by giving up a card it burns away 1000 shield of the enemy.

Whirlpool a water DOT card.

Piercing light a light card that destroys all counter on the field.

Electrocution a very special lightning card that remain on the field by sacrificing cards to it the damage it will do increases by the amount of the cards given up to it.

A earth card called aftershock would be CC and works in combo with EQ to do 600 damage a turn after the enemy is hit with EQ. Has no other use unless used with EQ. Could could even do 300 turn after the 600 turn.

Random thought she was just an elf right meaning Santa needs to be stronger than she is.

Post merge to staff create double post. ~Kiyone

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 11/4/2014 22:31:24 >
Post #: 504
11/4/2014 16:48:29   
The Jop

The North Pole isn't really a strength-based society. Followers can be stronger than their leader.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 505
11/4/2014 17:00:27   
Gorillo Titan

Santa can travel around the world in 24 hours the earth moves at 66k mph now factoring him going inside all of those house and leaving presents he has to be moving even faster than that plus the fact he's magic and at least twice the height of an elf he should easily be strong than them.
Post #: 506
11/4/2014 17:21:37   
The Jop

It's generally accepted that Santa isn't the fastest man on earth and just delivers presents with the power of *Christmas magic* (a.k.a. holiday purchases).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 507
11/4/2014 17:28:14   
Gorillo Titan

You do know santa isn't real right?
Post #: 508
11/4/2014 17:33:07   
The Jop

Yes, that's why I said the Christmas magic is holiday purchases/people buying things for each other. You're the one trying to scientifically prove how strong a fictional being is.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 509
11/4/2014 17:41:35   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

You do know santa isn't real right?

Excuse me!?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 510
11/4/2014 17:50:19   
Gorillo Titan

Actually Santa is real aka Saint Nicholas who Santa is based off of its a video game why y'all trying to make a big deal about OS Santa is Nulgath anyway.
Post #: 511
11/4/2014 20:12:41   
The Jop

Saint Nicholas was real, but he was not a jolly, fat man who delivered presents to all the good people of the world in one night.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/4/2014 20:36:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 512
11/4/2014 21:18:10   
Gorillo Titan

There was a man who use to bring present to the kids of a near by town when he lived in the forest.

Why are we talking about this I was talking about the fictional character Santa.
Post #: 513
11/4/2014 21:42:01   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

quote:

OS Santa is Nulgath anyway.

Jack Skellington trying to be Santa xD

quote:

wildfire a fire card that by giving up a card it burns away 1000 shield of the enemy.

Except that it's titled Molten Lava . . .
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/upfiles/466221/F9EC2254205C4BE7A978ABE3A7FABB88.jpg

Also, found the Soul Devour. I think the energy cost is wrong xD
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/upfiles/466221/E8718F9DE9854A9CA6D8D9AF7900ADC2.jpg
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 514
11/4/2014 21:50:47   
The Jop

That sounds about right actually. Imagine if you had 3 Marks of Death like Gorillo said, so you instantly did 2700 damage and healed 1350.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 515
11/4/2014 22:34:29   
Vertigo Beast

@Jop

You won't be able to have 3 Marks of Death active and then use that card. 3 marks of death is 18 energy, and before you could charge back up to 20 to use Soul Devour they would all have ended. What that card would be extremely powerful on would be a Shadow Character with Neutralize + Corruption cuz you could use Other element DoTs and still have enough to use the Soul Devour.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 516
11/4/2014 22:40:08   
The Jop

Good point.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 517
11/4/2014 22:45:43   
  Kiyone

Just playing it safe here and give a friendly thread reminder for everyone. Remember theirs going to be times with you will have different views from your fellow poster which is allowed and encoruage. But we have to remember to be friendly about the different view point. Theirs going to be time when we need to agree to disagree and move on with the conversation. So lets get back to the good old crazy OS posting we all enjoy!

~Kiyone Archknight of Oversoul General Discussion
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 518
11/4/2014 23:13:06   
DeathGuard

I went and took a look and my lvl 20 Lance Knight and gave me quite a bit of frustration that it has become so outdated in comparison to other characters.
Tharr, while I never liked him too much apart from his deck, reminds me of how strong Sir Galahad used to be when it got released.

Since nerf on a character is possible as well as switching cards, could some of the old characters get some buff please? Some characters may not even get an evo so I think a buff would be much appreciated.

• Earth Wizard
    Current weakness: Its deck has currently a Veteran's deck power.
    Possible buff:
    Remove this cards:
    2x 100 attack
    1x pierce 100 attack
    1x 200 attack
    1x Crush
    2x Stone Strike

Add:
    2x 500 attack cards
    2x EarthQuake
    1x Tree of Life
    2x Stone Wall
    1x Mountain Strike

New deck
    1x 200 attack
    4x 500 attack
    2x 500 defend
    2x Stone Wall
    1x Crush
    2x EarthQuake
    1x Tree of Life
    2x Mountain Strike

• Barbarian
    Remove:
    1x 100 attack
    1x 100 pierce attack
    1x Ice Orb
    x1 500 defend

Add:
    1x Shatter
    1x Snow Orb
    1x 500 attack
    1x Ice Needle

• Paladin
  • Bill Assassin
  • Storm Knight
  • Wolf(Master)
  • Void Fiend (Master)
  • Alexis
  • Abberant
  • Sir Galahad

I will be adressing possible buffs to such characters and hopefully they will get a 2nd chance to be used.
    EDIT: Will be editing slowly on the deck suggestions. Hopefully it serves a purpose.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 11/4/2014 23:32:02 >
  • AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 519
    11/4/2014 23:16:43   
    The Jop

Doubtful. I mean, cards are the only things that determine a character's power, so trying to buff old ones would just make a lot of very similar characters, which is boring. Power creep is just something we have to deal with, as developers come up with new and interesting decks.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 520
    11/4/2014 23:23:02   
    Gorillo Titan

The jop sage had another convo between when he first came out and the one he has now.
    Post #: 521
    11/4/2014 23:30:34   
    DeathGuard

@The Jop: Power Creep can be solve doing some changes on older characters, specially the ones bought with SGs that became outdated after CC and new addition of the cards.
    IMO, it would be a nice way of showing appreciation for older players who used those characters and have yet to want to keep using them for some time even though they are outdated.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 522
    11/4/2014 23:44:10   
    The Jop

I guess, but I don't really like making a lot of similar characters because then the ~300 characters would be a lot more boring.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 523
    11/5/2014 0:02:30   
    Gorillo Titan

Not every character needs to be good just like not every character needs a rank up.
    Post #: 524
    11/5/2014 14:27:45   
    Vertigo Beast

I think it would make sense to give some buffs to some of the older characters that required Soul Gems to acquire like Earth Wizard, ShadowDance, Frost Void and some others just because they did cost some money and those same amount of SGs now could get you a more powerful character. The only problem is that doing this could make more of the characters very similar so I would only want this to happen if the characters stay fairly unique in their decks. The decks don't need to be amazing but bringing some of them up to par would be fine in my opinion as long as they don't just become copies of other characters.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 525
    Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 20 [21] 22   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread
    Page 21 of 22«<1819202122>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition