Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 22 of 22«<1819202122
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/5/2014 14:55:55   
Gorillo Titan

Already been confirmed no decks will get nerfed unless they are broken.
Post #: 526
11/5/2014 14:58:50   
The Finnish Phoenix

Right, and DeathGuard made some pretty on-point card change suggestions for those outdated SG characters. Alternatively they could receive evolutions that are up to current standards as per PumpkinLord.

@above: Vertigo's talking about buffs, not nerfs.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/5/2014 14:59:39 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 527
11/5/2014 15:05:58   
Vertigo Beast

@TFP

The problem with adding rank ups to outdated characters like those is that getting those characters to level 20 to evolve is much harder with their weaker decks than with newer master characters. Plus Im kinda against the idea of giving the nomad evolution chain a legendary rank up, I don't think they should change THAT much from starting as the tiny, fairly insignificant nomads. Buffing their master versions directly would probably be the best way to do it.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 528
11/5/2014 15:07:29   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Trainee goes to squire goes to light guardian goes to templar.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 529
11/5/2014 15:11:55   
Gorillo Titan

2 words ancient shogun relatively new character and meh deck.
Post #: 530
11/5/2014 15:15:17   
Vertigo Beast

@ChaosRipjaw

At least Trainee is implied to be training to become a great Knight of some sort. Nomads are just kinda... Nomads. Plus what would be logical Evolutions for ShadowDance, Frost Void and Earth Wizard? (Actually Earth Wizard is pretty simple, just like Earth Sorcerer or something) But what would ShadowDance turn into anyways? And Frost Void is kind of End of the line you can't go up from there you can only go down, around and up somewhere else.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 531
11/5/2014 15:17:50   
Gorillo Titan

Not everything needs a rank up and not everything will get one it was said already.
Post #: 532
11/5/2014 15:24:37   
Vertigo Beast

@Gorillo

I know, you really seem to be missing the point of what Im saying. Im not saying "We should give everything rank ups" and Im not saying "We should nerf other characters too!" Im just saying that I believe buffing some of the outdated characters that required Soul Gems would be a good idea and that if they are going to do this they should directly buff the characters instead of adding rank ups that are up to the new standards.

Just randomly saying "Its been said already that __ won't happen" isn't exactly useful and neither of the things you've stated as "not going to happen" were things that were suggested. Im not trying to be rude, but read the posts more carefully if you're going to try and shoot down my ideas that quickly.

< Message edited by Vertigo Beast -- 11/5/2014 15:27:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 533
11/5/2014 15:34:10   
Gorillo Titan

It was said they wouldn't change any of the older characters decks. This is what I mean.
Post #: 534
11/5/2014 15:39:18   
Vertigo Beast

@Gorillo

Had you had said that originally this conversation would have been much easier. Thanks for the info, although that is kinda disappointing because some of those characters could use it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 535
11/5/2014 16:00:27   
The Finnish Phoenix

Just because their decks are relatively antiquated for competitive purposes does not mean there's a significant difference in their farming difficulty. It isn't difficult to defeat the AI's necessary to get to Level 20 with any character (especially if you have CC's), just time-consuming. Apprentice AI's are coded to only be able to act once per turn, you'd have to go out of your way to lose against the Young Paladins of T2 or the Apprentices at Solace.

I levelled Frost Void and Earth Wizard to 20 before boosts or CC's existed and now there are easier farming spots, so I can't see why they'd be a problem now. I can also tell you that Earth Wizard levels pretty quickly due to his fast, long-range attack animations.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/5/2014 16:08:16 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 536
11/5/2014 16:20:25   
Vertigo Beast

@TFP

True, I guess it's not hard, but just a large amount of time spent doing so. Although seeing as how Gorillo has said that they've already said they won't update older decks, they probably aren't going to add legendary evolutions to those characters either.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 537
11/5/2014 16:40:27   
The Finnish Phoenix

I haven't seen Gorillo's source, but if anything it would increase the chances of their receiving evolutions as their decks no longer justify their SG costs and have been outpaced by free characters, so a further evolution would be the only way to validate them if their decks couldn't be updated. There's also the point that they've already given evolutions to antiquated characters in Crypt Samurai->Ancient Shogun and PumpkinLord->Great Pumpking, so it wouldn't at all be out of the question for them to do so again with the Nomad chains. The starter characters have also yet to receive evolutions, and in their case it's as good as inevitable that they will given the Legendary Paladin equipped with a shield that is featured as a statue in Solace.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 538
11/5/2014 16:50:30   
Gorillo Titan

sword and hammer nomad do need rank ups.
Post #: 539
11/7/2014 2:00:54   
DeathGuard

Weird, I can't join solace-1 right now. I refreshed a long time ago since it froze ;-;
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 540
11/7/2014 10:59:34   
Gorillo Titan

A card that gives 1000 shield or attacks for 1000.
Post #: 541
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 22 of 22«<1819202122
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition