Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Necromancer Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Necromancer Armor Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/26/2013 1:27:34   
salene

necromancer is a kind of classic. in its day it was powerful, new, cool, and overall made the fangirl in all of us scream ;) now, it is still relatively powerful and fun to use, just not so as much as before. i hope to see (if they update it) a more vampiric skill set. maybe more life drain skills, and possibly manipulation of the mysterious green mist created back in the older DF timeline

Violet Feline,
The cats claws,
the cats-nip,
the cats meow,
The cat...?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
7/26/2013 17:39:21   
Question Mark?

I really like necromancer. The fact that it's a weird grab-bag of strange skills and weird powers and effects, few of which do direct damage, really sets it apart from the other class in the game and makes it, in my opinion at least, the superior tactical choice if you're looking for a complex, effect-based fight. Besides, it's really REALLY fun.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
7/26/2013 17:42:49   
Shadows Morgenstern

@Fae: You should really make Skills for all the classes! I love some of those skilles, Especially Rvenant Phalanx and the Sunder Soul/Phylactery combo! Become a lich would be an incredible skill

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 28
7/26/2013 22:51:05   
ISpeakTheTruth

Yeah if the Necromancer class got an update where you could become a lich that would be the coolest thing in the entire game and would never be topped in my opinion. It could be this double edged sword where you game base attack stats and resistances while also being cut off from using potions since healing potions wouldn't do anything to an undead. You could have massive advantages against undead enemies while being weak to enemies that use the light element.

DF  Post #: 29
7/27/2013 2:21:35   
Sneevillord

i love the armour, but it needs a damage buff 2 keep up with the newer armors
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
7/27/2013 13:45:49   
Joneithevius

I love the skill set, and I only want some of the more useless skills (Pet, Distraction, etc) swapped out, but my highest priority, I'd say, is the armor/appearance. It's bulky, old, and extremely unfitting of necromancers. It feels more like an undead warrior class armor than a necromancer one. I'd rather something more subtle and graceful, something like Noxus's outfit, except tailored more to the hero and keeping the pose and animation of this old Necromancer armor.

Or something more like a cloak as well, since the first thing that comes to mind when thinking "necromancer" isn't a bone-like armor set, but cultish clothes and a mysterious cloak. I personally LOVE the necromancer class, but that armor/outfit is just... downright hideous and unfitting.
DF  Post #: 31
7/27/2013 15:53:04   
FrosticIce

One of my favorite classes. Looks realy cool (especially with the way that it floats), has some rather unique and interesting attacks and the attack animations are cool too. And last but not least: who doesn't like necromancers (other than maybe paladins of course)! I just generally really liked the necropolis classes and the necromancer is no exception.
However (and this is just a little however) I think it would be good (as someone already mentioned) if there were more attacks involving summoning undead but other than that it's great.

< Message edited by FrosticIce -- 7/27/2013 15:55:07 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
7/27/2013 16:07:35   
afb728

I like necromancer because of the floating, mostly. It's a bit too slow for my taste, and it does have some useless skills. However, that skill that gives 200 resist has saved my bacon several times, so I love the class for that.
DF  Post #: 33
7/27/2013 18:29:32   
salene

omg yes, whoever suggested the lich idea is now promoted to awesome person!!!!! possibly necromancer could not be able to use potions, but when you die, there should be an option to give up all of your mana to "re summon yourself" as a lich with half of your original HP and a GIANT damage buff along with damage resistance to the max! im drooling already!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
7/28/2013 0:20:11   
WarMongerRave

will I like the lich to be a upgrade class from Necromancer were you have Necromancer fully trained to get it

You will know the power of the Blood-Red DoomKnight
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
7/28/2013 13:55:09   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

I feel becoming a Lich would be less intensive and more in line with traditional AE interpretations of Necromancer if doing so was a Skill and not a separate Class.
The final Skill for the Necromancer Class in AdventureQuest was becoming a Lich. :)

@salene: Agreed! Draining/manipulating life and using disease are lesser-known staples of Necromancer that were not quite as present in the original Class.
@Shadows/magmaman: Thanks, you guys! I feel like becoming a Lich would fit into the sacrifice-for-power theme I would imagine in Necromancer.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
7/28/2013 14:44:00   
BraveSirRobin

I think the Lich idea is awesome!Necromancer could also have knowledge abilities,since they would be messing with the dead.They could absorb,or at least observe,how they died (since necromancy is "dead magic",and not necessarily dealing with the undead) and could adapt their strategy accordingly.I'm not very creative right now,but I'm sure that necromancer could have use of knowledge and maybe even greater resistance to creatures.Like if an animal notices if something is dead,depending on what it is,it might not approach it,especially if it smells that its dead and its still moving.The necromancer could appear dead,and then trick enemies.Like I said,I'm not very creative right now,but I'll think of stuff.Maybe they could connect with the dead and affect bones and blood.Or since blood and dead organic material can fertilize the ground,they could manipulate that.
Post #: 37
7/28/2013 18:06:36   
Galbotorix

Overall necromancer skills is fine. But i think that when you use that skill that gives 200 resist to last attack element should lower your diffenses as well. And im pretty shure you know why.
Post #: 38
7/29/2013 4:47:29   
Galez

Strangely enough this class is actually a really great class (next to base class ofc) great combo and low cooldown. But there's a bit of thing i want to say about it.

1.the 200 resist to the last element are a bit OP especially all of the enemy usually hit only one element
2.the seed ability doesn't show how many turn left on the status screen so pretty much it's hard to do the seed+summon (non-DA) and Seed+Final (DA user)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
7/29/2013 6:06:32   
Tigirosa

Hmm. it seems that weapon specials using necromancer armor also have a chance that you will be hit by your own weapon special attack. Just try`d this on General Varax
quote:

when you use that skill that gives 200 resist to last attack element should lower your diffenses as well.

Agree
DF  Post #: 40
4/18/2014 8:29:08   
I LEIK PANTAKES

What if, instead of floating, a bunch of skeletal hands shoot up out of the ground and carry us from place to place?
Post #: 41
4/18/2014 10:38:09   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Before Soulweaver was released, and I re-discovered my original account, I used nothing but Necromancer. It's defense is nearly (if not even better) than Dragonlord's. It's a tad slow, but even for a non-DA it's still an incredibly versatile class.
DF  Post #: 42
7/18/2014 6:02:38   
Sflamin

After the revamp, I must say that this is probably one of the best armor for challenging boss fights. Necromancer has everything it needs to outlast even the toughest foes: a workable shield, a heal that deals damage to the enemy at the same time, a resistance that convert damages into HP, a stun that goes through high immobility and makes your opponent tastes a little of his own medicine, a blind and debuff... Already equipped with amazing defenses, Necromancer also has impressive offenses that should not be underestimated. With enough luck, you can deal roughly 2000 damages after 3 turns of activating Seed (only if you pull off a champion and crit every attack with boost). One of Necromancer's most fearsome ability is its Aura. Combines with Life Tap and Corruption, you can deal tons of pure damages to enemies over time no matter how much resistance they have. Time is your strongest ally.

There are very few enemies that Necromancer can't beat. This class is well capable of taking down the infamous Dragon Drakath only without his heal and damage boost when reaching half HP. I believe that the title of the best defensive class no longer belongs to DL, EnT nor Pyromancer. With Necromancer being so good right now, I can't wait for Paladin and Death Knight when they finish their revamps.
DF  Post #: 43
7/19/2014 7:28:26   
AstralCodex

Just beat Hard Mode Impossible Doom Crawler and all the bosses in the Ravenloss card store using the new Necromancer at full life.

At. Full. Life.

Even Dragonlord couldn't do that. Now, that's power.
DF  Post #: 44
8/14/2014 10:06:23   
Lord Ferno

I also took on the impossible doomcrawler with the revamped necro and I did notice that it now can really hold its ground and stall while dishing out quite a bit of damage. Quick question though, does the turn that you use seed on count as a turn? like: turn 1 used seed, turn 2 uses whatever skill and then turn 3 uses whatever skill but with seed active? Or does seed not count as a turn and you have to wait 3 turns from then for seed to empower your 3rd turn's attack?
Post #: 45
8/14/2014 10:24:45   
Drakath_SlugWrath

i miss the old art of the necromancer i liked it alot more than the new one :l

i wish that they released it as a master version just like soul weaver so players who like the old art could still use it

< Message edited by Drakath_SlugWrath -- 8/14/2014 10:25:34 >
DF AQW  Post #: 46
8/14/2014 10:25:31   
oldmanjenkins

@Lord Ferno
It goes like Seed-Insert Skill-Insert Skill-Seed Skeleton pops up.
If you use inspire terror in one of the insert skill spots though, it causes the seed skeleton to pop up 1 turn earlier which is a good mechanic to prevent being able to have 3 or 4 chances of inspire terror instead of 1.
Post #: 47
8/14/2014 14:39:28   
Secret1337

I wish you could turn into a lich and get a whole new skill set becous you were soo bad you died in your Necromancer armour :P
Post #: 48
8/14/2014 16:19:42   
rater202

Personally, on the Lcih thing, I'd rather see it as either a "Master" or "Evolved "class, where the skills are the same but stronger, or something like the Ascendant, Riftwalker, and Cryptic where it's a stronger verions of the class with stronger skill and new animations, but the skills till have the same over all effect..

Of course, I'd like to see either one or the other as options for all the classes, but still.
AQ DF  Post #: 49
8/16/2014 10:07:41   
Lord Ferno

I just soloed the impossible crawler on hard mode with the revamped necro. Again you just have to love the versatility of this class.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Necromancer Armor Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition