Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC 2013= Finals Arena OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2013= Finals Arena OOC
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/2/2013 22:36:50   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

You'll notice the Cut came as I was in the process of final polish of my post. And I decided to post anyway...not that the cut necessarily effects it, but its the principle of the matter. Worse? Ryu and TD knew that. Frustrating! (And, if you can't tell, let me spell this out: I am just joking around. But, hey, text makes that difficult to tell sometimes!)

But no hard feelings. This happens with the EC. If you want to retreat Necro, it is still an option for you without being stuck into anything from my end, I believe.

< Message edited by Ronin Of Dreams -- 8/2/2013 22:40:36 >
AQ  Post #: 26
8/3/2013 0:02:58   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Posted. Thanks for the fight Necro. I do apologize for the parting attack, but it was really the only logical continuation for Tharala. As Ronin said, still lanes of retreat open for you.

Hopefully we'll see you next year, maybe a rematch.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
8/4/2013 18:54:38   
Necro-Knight

I will be here next year, dont worry. My exit post will be up soon, with a little cameo appearance from someone too... ;)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
8/4/2013 19:02:55   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

We anxiously await the exit post. In part to ensure Rowan lives, and in part so plans can be enacted.
AQ  Post #: 29
8/4/2013 20:41:30   
Necro-Knight

I know, I'm sorry, weekends are always busy for me. I'll pound out the long post either tonight or tomorrow, I promise. I'm sorry for holding everyone up...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
8/4/2013 21:11:26   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Tomorrow gives me an extremely limited time for my own post before Idle. Please do your best to do so tonight.
AQ  Post #: 31
8/5/2013 3:33:14   
jerenda

Sorry for being so perpetually late. T.T

In other news, posted! Gabriel's calculations are probably reasonably correct, in that she should be about equal to Scylla's speed. However, Scylla might still be able to catch her and/or be RIGHT there when she turns around. This will lead to fun times.

In other other news, Gabriel hates me. This is not actually news. Anything I need to clarify?

Kell, I realize it's too late to ask you, but do you mind if I try to give your net a second life?
AQ DF  Post #: 32
8/5/2013 18:41:50   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I suppose I can allow it, just this once. :p

Tharala tossed it, so it is sort of out there waiting to be picked up. Be my guest.

Next time I'm totally throwing it at you though.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
8/5/2013 21:24:36   
jerenda

Understood. ^_^
AQ DF  Post #: 34
8/5/2013 22:18:41   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Righto, the posts are up, bit of cross-post collaboration with Ronin. Next up, more chaos.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
8/5/2013 22:36:04   
Ryu Viranesh

At his request, we have allowed Micosil to withdraw from the Tournament.

The Pillar of Water suddenly ceases its pondering and bows its head, the dragon's tail curling round and round until the creature's chin rests comfortably upon its many coils. Should you wish to retreat, your gate will reappear on the wall behind the Water Pillar and will transport you and only you out of the Arena.

The next cut is set to take place on Thursday, August 8th (barring idle).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
8/6/2013 21:23:08   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Once again, I delay an attack not merely for narrative flow, but also for the sake of timing. Time can get disjointed easily with separated duels, and I think it would flow better for both Gedd and Schizo to resolve the current crashing of arms and magic before another attack winds up influencing them. Besides, it allowed Kieran to stalk, rather than dash from place to place. There's that too. :P
AQ  Post #: 37
8/6/2013 21:33:29   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Post up, hanging back a bit to let Jen and Mico sort their own final bit. Too bad I don't have that net anymore.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
8/8/2013 2:58:53   
jerenda

Ugh. Going through an off streak. Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things with my next post.

In the interest of timing, and to take a page from Ronin's book, I'm letting you go first, my dear. Don't you wish you had a net. ^_^

Edit: First two paragraphs were written by Micosil. Blame him for all of the good writing in this post. XD

< Message edited by jerenda -- 8/8/2013 13:35:41 >
AQ DF  Post #: 39
8/8/2013 22:37:08   
Ryu Viranesh

Those three days really went by quickly. Now then, tonight's cut. We mentioned that we were considering two individuals last Friday, and after reading through the posts put up over the past week, the situation that the latter is in has not changed. This cut hinges on the quality of this person's writing (in comparison to the other participants) and the dryness of the content included within their posts; simply put, they failed to engage the interest of the reader.

The Pillar of Fire pulses one final time, and the wisps wink out of sight, the core still smoldering. Schizo, you have been cut. Should you wish to retreat, your gate will reappear on the wall behind the Fire Pillar and will transport you and only you out of the Arena.

The next cut, barring idle, will occur on Sunday, August 11th.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
8/9/2013 21:25:38   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

Because copypasta is easier:

[20:07] <Ferret> Let it be known that I am now working on my post and effectively treating it as if Schizo had gone Idle, for his post time was 8:05 PM on the 6th
[20:07] <Ferret> I choose not to enact any Idle consequences
[20:07] <Ferret> But I most assuredly would rather avoid asking for an Extension
[20:08] <Ferret> Since he is an already-declared target of the delayed spell assault that will finish and occur within my post.
[20:13] <TormentedDragon> So noted.

Ergo, I did not take Idle Kill rights on Phoebus despite it being an option. I simply didn't have time to properly craft a kill, so assuming he doesn't post his exit soon, I suppose Gedd will be getting that glory of a gory and sad detail. I almost didn't have time without an extension as it was, and I REALLY don't want to come NEAR that situation again.

Good thing is, I've already taken steps with Gedd to avoid that in future! Collab's in the works, folks, and it will be the independent posting, Agreed Upon Actions style rather than an Interweave. You are warned! Rawr!
AQ  Post #: 41
8/9/2013 21:33:26   
Schizo

Just got back from a trip to Virginia and read through everything. So, just to be clear: am I allowed to make a final post, or should I assume Kovvi's chest-spike killed Phoebus and begin formulating another character to enter next year?

-Schiz
Post #: 42
8/9/2013 21:41:30   
TormentedDragon

Quoted from the first post:

quote:

The Finals are slightly different from the drop-offs: every three days a character will be cut from the competition while those remaining continue to fight. For the sixth cut, when three combatants remain, the victor will be chosen. If you are cut, you have three options:

Withdrawal, where your entrant will know that he has not been deemed fit to continue, and can thus withdraw if he or she so desires,
Surrender, where your entrant becomes open to free kill by any remaining competitor or
Spite, where your entrant may use all of their remaining energy in a final, last ditch attack against the other competitors; however, after doing so, they are open to free kill by any remaining competitor.

All options remain open to you - a speedy resolution would be best.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
8/9/2013 23:32:03   
Schizo

Made my exit. Hopefully I didn't overstep my limits as to what I could do to retreat. I wish the best of luck to the remaining participants in Finals. May the best fighter and writer win! And Geddesmck: I hope Kovvi stays alive long enough for a rematch with Phoebus next year if he doesn't win. I'll do my best to make the fight much more interesting next time.

-Schiz(Will be back with a new character next year, he swears...)
Post #: 44
8/11/2013 3:46:15   
jerenda

Information! Gabriel's aim is very good, but I don't know how good it is when half-blind and entirely deaf. She doesn't exactly blind/deafen herself regularly on the practice field. After a lengthy argument, it has been decided that Gabriel's Lord does, in fact, love her enough to refill her spikes as well, so Tharala has two spikes of questionable accuracy headed towards her.

As for the shield... well, if you hit it with enough force, the thing may have splintered entirely in two, which would enrage Gabriel could she see it. At the minimum, it probably has a giant dent in it where you stabbed it. It's not exactly meant to block blows with significant force behind them, especially not of the sharp variety.
AQ DF  Post #: 45
8/11/2013 10:11:41   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I'm working on the post, though there will be some delay due to obligations today. Barring anything major coming up, I'll have the post up this afternoon or evening, hopefully the former. Updates as necessary.

Jerenda, if I might ask, what kind of wood is Gabriel's shield made of?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
8/11/2013 12:32:35   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

I am waiting on a PM reply from Gedd. I would like to have something additional up, myself, but times have been busy for both Gedd and I! We shall see how the day unfolds, for it will be rather busy until the evening for myself.

AQ  Post #: 47
8/11/2013 12:50:17   
jerenda

Uhm. Er. Ahm. Eh. >_>

*takes a poll* It is definitely made out of wood with a high quantity of carbon in it. A very... woody... wood. <_<

After much discussion (I didn't really do much of the discussion part of this) we've decided that it's basically plywood. Like the Roman shields! The top layer is bonded to a hardwood (oak, we'll say) that is there primarily for structural support. Good?
AQ DF  Post #: 48
8/11/2013 16:42:34   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

A most woody wood indeed.

The post is up, please let me know if you have any questions.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
8/11/2013 21:12:04   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

So, obviously I am working with Gedd. We are conducting a flurry of blows between each other, and via Agreed Upon Elements, are collaborating on what happens. The flurry is a combination of abstracted exchanges, and some detailed "snapshots" which will get far more description than punch to parry and slash to dodge, etc. You'll eventually get to see his take on the same moment as well, before he advances the pair further along!

I will be providing TD and Ryu with logs of the conversations, but for the purposes of explaining, my post initiates the engagement up to the 1st of what could be many such Snapshot moments. Much depends on several variables, including the upcoming cut, but we've laid out a few more ideas to work with in advance.

Post is up. I hope you all enjoy!
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2013= Finals Arena OOC
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition