Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 22«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2014 9:49:25   
Ash

quote:

Ash read my book long post. Thanks for the change. The class definately needed some kind of boost.

I didn't change any of the skills yet besides fixing a couple of bugs, like the shield not applying on the first turn, to make sure people could test it properly. I have to fix a few more apparently though. Whatever you're now seeing has been there that got missed the first time around apparently.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 251
9/29/2014 10:26:24   
DarkLore

What else needs fixing Ash? What were the other bugs besides the shield? I always like to know what stuff gets fixed on these awesome revamps of yours!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 252
9/29/2014 11:11:46   
Renn Shadowheart

@Ash How come you haven't posted the skills breakdown for DeathKnight? I would like to see it please if you have time :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 253
9/29/2014 12:02:36   
Dracojan

quote:

I didn't change any of the skills yet besides fixing a couple of bugs

may be after some skill changes.
DF  Post #: 254
9/29/2014 17:09:30   
DarkLore

It may be my OCD, but the pale color on the neckplate bothers me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
9/29/2014 17:47:17   
Mr G W

Can we have the passive toggle be usable on first turn?

The initial cooldown seems arbitrary and for some cases it would be nice to start off with the healing passive

< Message edited by Mr G W -- 9/29/2014 17:49:18 >
AQ DF  Post #: 256
9/29/2014 18:11:17   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

The passive toggling can be used on the first turn. It doesn't affect the healing passive.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 257
9/29/2014 18:15:22   
DarkLore

Not true. Shift has a one-turn cooldown.
In other DK-related news I've been hardcore farming for the lvl 70 set. Sure. I've got over half way to go, but grinding that long adds up anyway. I've already got 18 UDE.

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 9/29/2014 18:16:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 258
9/29/2014 18:28:38   
Ash

quote:

What else needs fixing

quote:

It may be my OCD, but the pale color on the neckplate bothers me.

Tracking down the issue with Pierce not being blocked as well as the passive scattering over Multi targets. I can try to darken it a little when I'm doing bug fixes. I try not to mess with an artist's work as much as possible, in this case it's a very small issue but I'll try to make the least invasive change possible.

quote:

@Ash How come you haven't posted the skills breakdown for DeathKnight? I would like to see it please if you have time :)

It'll be later this time as I'm working as fast as I can on about 6 different things for MQ this week, which includes the anniversary quest and mecha that needs almost all of my attention. When I get a long enough break to post it I will. I'll work through the bugs that are still there tomorrow when I take a break. If you all have anything you think might be up for a tweak, not counting the rite being 5 turns long as it's not meant to be a burst skill, I'll take a look at doing them then.

quote:

Can we have the passive toggle be usable on first turn? The initial cooldown seems arbitrary and for some cases it would be nice to start off with the healing passive

It's not arbitrary. If you notice the passives on the other classes only take effect when you hit the enemy. It's the same with DK's. You have to do an attack for the passive to take effect. The "switch" doesn't count as an attack and only shifts your current number of stacks to the opposite passive. If you tried using it on the first turn nothing would happen and you'd default back to the "start" passive which is the DoT. I know what you're going to say, "Well just make it count as an attack then!" That was already tried before I even gave it to the staff testers and it caused issues like the armor crashing the game because the battle engine flipped out at trying to decide which passive to apply. (That's the reason I built in the "do nothing if no stacks present" backup) What you have is the least jury-rigged way you're going to get to have a switchable passive. I'm sorry I can't make it better but you've got exactly how it needs to be setup in order to work. The best I can give you is making the initial log in cooldown 1 turn.

< Message edited by Ash -- 9/29/2014 18:30:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 259
9/29/2014 18:42:30   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

I got this far in my rotation...

spoiler:

Garb of Undeath -> Summon Minion -> Shift -> Summon Minion -> Unholy Will -> Soul Reap -> Inspire Weakness -> Empowered Armor Strike -> Dreadblade -> Obliterate -> Garb of Undeath -> Dark Rite -> Blood Tap -> Soul Slash -> Soul Reap -> Inspire Weakness -> Summon Minion -> Empowered Armor Strike -> Summon Minion -> Dreadblade -> Garb of Undeath -> Summon Minion -> Soul Slash -> Summon Minion -> Soul Reap -> Inspire Weakness -> Empowered Armor Strike -> Summon Minion -> Obliterate -> Summon Minion -> Garb of Undeath -> Dark Rite -> Blood Tap -> Soul Slash -> Unholy Will -> Soul Reap -> Inspire Weakness

... When I realized that it is very, very difficult to make an absolute "rotation" for this Class. It's almost as though the Class has two "phases" throughout Boss encounters.

1) Destruction: Apply Soul Reap and Inspire Weakness. Then UNLEASH DOOM!

2) Dormancy: Use Garb of Undeath, Dark Rite, and Blood Tap. Use Unholy Will or Soul Reap (Depending on cooldowns) as Garb of Undeath falls off.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 260
9/29/2014 18:57:40   
DarkLore

Basically the paleness should match the base and trim of the DK armor.. The black might be okay. But the gold looks more like a pale yellow than a goldish color. I did always wonder why the old DK art had that color flaw as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 261
9/29/2014 18:59:49   
Mr G W

Mmm. Good to know then
AQ DF  Post #: 262
9/29/2014 19:16:15   
DarkLore

I still can't figure out why this happens in the sewer area of Braughlmurk. As long as we're talking about the DK resources in an on-topic way I mean.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 263
9/29/2014 19:27:41   
Mr G W

The above happens when you enter the quest end from the above. You can prevent it by walking towards one of the side walls and entering from the side, thus initiating the battle without glitching it
AQ DF  Post #: 264
9/29/2014 19:31:19   
DarkLore

Annnd... DONE! Now to finish getting to lvl 70!
M. BISON MOMENT!

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 9/29/2014 19:51:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 265
9/29/2014 21:33:23   
Mr G W

Mmm... Shouldn't the damage from Dark Rite deal Curse damage instead of typeless?

Necromancer's healing does Fear damage (like the passive), not typeless.

Also unlike paladin's heal + attack, Deathknight doesn't show the amount healed

< Message edited by Mr G W -- 9/29/2014 22:03:00 >
AQ DF  Post #: 266
9/30/2014 4:44:49   
NatsuDragneels

@Darklore. Same. I got that problem when I have to get the 6th item.

Edit: Finally level 50, I can feel some huge powers when I'm using DK items and revamped DK.
In Impossible Doom Crawler, I'm using unholy will and when it stun, the dot is 900 o_o.

< Message edited by NatsuDragneels -- 9/30/2014 5:55:00 >
DF AQW  Post #: 267
9/30/2014 7:58:16   
Dracojan

where is the skill breakdown? or is it not here yet?
DF  Post #: 268
9/30/2014 8:54:28   
NatsuDragneels

^ Ash said:
quote:

It'll be later this time as I'm working as fast as I can on about 6 different things for MQ this week, which includes the anniversary quest and mecha that needs almost all of my attention. When I get a long enough break to post it I will. I'll work through the bugs that are still there tomorrow when I take a break. If you all have anything you think might be up for a tweak, not counting the rite being 5 turns long as it's not meant to be a burst skill, I'll take a look at doing them then.

< Message edited by NatsuDragneels -- 9/30/2014 8:55:21 >
DF AQW  Post #: 269
9/30/2014 9:08:02   
DarkLore

Well Empowered Armor Strike seems like it fluctuates in damage too much. It can do a ton of damage sometimes, but then be very meager. And trust me. This isn't because I was fighting darkness resistant monsters. At lvl 70 I get about over 300-600. Seems okay right? Not quite. I swear the damage sometimes drops to 100's-200's. And believe me, I'm using all 6 types of DK items for my lvl 70 hero. I think Unholy Shadow is also pretty weak for a multi attack. The damage range is pretty bad, but good. It can fluctuate to 100's-300's That seems to make the multi a gamble. Sometimes you I can't kill weaker mobs due to this.
It seems that most if not all the class skills fluctuate damage heavily.

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 9/30/2014 9:10:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 270
9/30/2014 9:35:27   
crabpeople

I don't have that issue. Are you sure that those fluctuations are not the criticals?
Also:
quote:

Attack is 140%, Empower is 150% + 20% per DK item equipped so 270% with all 6 of them.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 271
9/30/2014 10:50:12   
Dracojan

the skills dont have a damage range. they always do the same dmg. any varying dmg comes from you.
DF  Post #: 272
9/30/2014 11:04:00   
DarkLore

Hmm... I have 200 INT and 75 WIS. Weird.
This also needs fixing. Looks mildly disturbing that the eye glow goes through our eyes.

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 9/30/2014 11:08:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 273
9/30/2014 11:23:19   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@DarkLore: What weapon were you using when the damage fluctuation happened? If it has a large enough damage range, then that may be the cause.
DF AQW  Post #: 274
9/30/2014 11:26:06   
DarkLore

I guess any of the doom or destiny weapons I was using would cause that. LOL! My bad!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 22«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition