Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 22«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2014 18:40:16   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Dracojan: The Necrotic Sword of Doom is the strongest Darkness weapon. Nothing surpasses it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 176
9/27/2014 18:41:14   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

It has higher base damage, but the lower Crit evens everything out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 177
9/27/2014 18:59:03   
Myra
Killing time softly

Ash, I have only one criticism of your work. You are too quiet about it. People who don't play every week and don't check the forums regularly could easily overlook how much is happening with the class revamps.

The classes that are available for testing, go live and/or have new items released really should be mentioned in the Design Notes in my opinion. I know you have tons of things on your plate, and writing DNs also takes time, but I really think this stuff needs to be broadcasted more.

This is such hard, diligent work, and you get so much done! Boast about it already! :D

You deserve rounds of applause every week!

New Deathknight is really powerful, and look very intimidating. I'm still not likely to use it much, because my characters aren't evil ... but I still want to farm for the level 80 versions of the whole set, just to prove that I can. Also, Zeclem's items are great, this is a really cool idea to have a set of items telling a little story. I'd like it if there were more of these.

< Message edited by Myra -- 9/27/2014 19:04:28 >
DF MQ  Post #: 178
9/27/2014 19:08:16   
DarkLore

Just Finished up these all in one farming session! I likely won't bother until I lvl one more time. Getting from 69-70 will be a long grind so I'm not in a rush.
I also just realized the DK Blades were scythes! WOW! Am I slow!

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 9/27/2014 19:09:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 179
9/27/2014 19:27:53   
ShimmerSoul

Whoo, this thing's a beast. :o Having that passive DoT is more useful than I thought. Playing through the new Shears quest with it, there were several times when Dreadblade didn't quite cut it and left the enemy with a few HP left, but then the DoT just went in and finished them off much more reliably than a random-attack-order pet. I really like the emphasis on DoTs in general, really. There's very little I dislike about this one, actually. :p The lipstick on the female version looks kind of off; I wouldn't normally expect a cursed warrior of darkness and undeath to have plump red lips, but that's me. Maybe it's a vampire-ish thing and they're just red from drinking the blood of her enemies, or something. Mechanically, the class is pretty dang close to perfect. Unholy Will seems a little on the weak side - just a really short DoT and I think a chance to stun, without any direct damage, but that's just one skill, and you could just see that as an emergency save-your-butt skill for when you REALLY need a stun. Aside from that, I can't find a single thing that might even potentially be a problem.

Offense: 11/10 - This is a class for all occasions. It has a couple of big attacks that can slaughter trash mobs with unparalleled ease, and several hard-hitting DoTs of nonstandard elements which can really help with longer battles. Add on to this a DoT that grows just by letting it sit there, and you have a class that can handle almost any situation.

Defense: 9/10 - It's pretty standard for the most part. The fact that one of its main offensive skills - Dark Rite - gives you a massive heal as well as a sizable DoT is a big bonus. The defense skill works great, and if you're in a tough spot, just swap your passive DoT into an HoT and you're good. DK's clearly not a defensive class, though. It rips through everything so fast, it doesn't need it. What defense it does have, however, works perfectly with the rest of the class. The best defense is indeed a good offense, I guess. :p

Sustainability: 6/10 - Lots of the skills on this one have huge MP costs (50 for Dark Rite. o.e), and if you don't have at least 100 or so WIS at level 80, you'll be empty in no time at all. I have 150, so this wasn't a problem for me, but it's something to consider for long quests.

Aesthetics: 9.5/10 - As I said earlier, the lipstick just bugs me, but this class's artwork perfectly projects the colossal power it wields. You just FEEL like an unstoppable powerhouse with this thing on. Glowing red eyes always help, too. :p The pitch-black armor is perfectly accented with gold, and the fact that the design is reminiscent or Artix's armor is just cool. I'm totally making a Xitra Regeirk character now. o.e

tl;dr: Ash hit another home run, like that was a surprise, and Cronix's gorgeous art sells it perfectly. :p

< Message edited by ShimmerSoul -- 9/27/2014 19:32:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 180
9/27/2014 19:43:47   
crabpeople

well well well... I have a lot to say about this bad boy.
Before starting my long speech I would like to thank Ash for his hardwork and dedication on the revamps. You're doing an amazing job. Keep it up

Ok now back to business:

Warning: The numbers I'm giving are mere supositions taken from personal testing. Do not take them as any sort of official information.

The armor

Really good offensive and defensive power. In terms of offensive power it deals as much damage as the cryptic and MSW.
-The passive last only for 1 turn to avoid using the 2 passives at the same time. Everytime you use a skill or attack button, you refresh the dot/hot for 1 turn more with increased power. Using a trinket or potion won't trigger the dot/hot but it won't reset the stack(there's no possible way to reset the dot/hot).
-The dot max power deals your weapon damage every turn (for ex. lv80 dk blade would do a 80-105 dot).
-Dk has one of the strongest basic attacks. I would say a power level of >9000! (just joking +- 150%). This means that dk is a good armor if you want to gamble with weapon specials (cough* NBoD cough*)
-This class consumes lots of mana so it is higly advised to put 75-100 points to wis or more. Dk set gives 60 wis. Also you're going to clear most simple battles with the armor attack which takes only 18mana.

DK set

-The amount of grinding needed to train the whole set is acceptable. Evil would be doom weapon amount of farm.
-Lv 80 set has a insane amount of light and darkness resist (60 for both res.) and 55 crit.
-The lv80 belt is probably the highest crit belt (has 9 crit).
-The armor skill with no dk pieces deals like a normal attack (+-150%). The armor attack with the full dk set does +-300%.
-The DK weapon is probably the best non-DC darkness weapon.

Sugestions

-Will,garb,soul slash and the passive are good enough defensive capabilities. With that said I'm suggesting to change Soul reap -hit -boost for a +20 boost to your character.
-Summon minion is just a bit more powerful than a regular hit. Used only if you're going full ofensive to fill the "dead" turns. It might sound crazy but what about change it for the old curse? The class has lots of healing.It can afford something like 5% hp loss for 10% boost.
-The class is not supposed to shine at multiple enemies but why not change the cooldown to 2 turns instead of 3 (you can reduce the damage a 10% to compensate). Pally is a tier 2 and has 2 turns cd if I'm not mistaken.

Requests

-Custom hp/mp potion animation.
-Changing the Unholy shadow element from evil to ebil. DK is a cool class and evil element is for wimps. Why not making him x100 cooler with an ebil skill?
-Making the class remember the last time the passive skill was used. With that you can start all the fights with the hot or dot instead of always dot.

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 9/28/2014 4:31:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 181
9/27/2014 23:27:55   
tthorn4

I do believe I have encountered a glitch of sorts.

I was fighting Zadd from Z, targeting the second golem. I had my aura set to heal, but when it autoswitched to Zadd, I had both auras active. sorry to tear the duct tape, Ash Q.Q
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 182
9/27/2014 23:35:47   
JJ55$

I love its weaknesses:

Fun: -500
Sunshine: -100
Rainbows: -100
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
9/28/2014 0:21:35   
NatsuDragneels

Acquired the resources for the level 50 items! Now I will just leveling up from 42 to 50 (Insane).
DF AQW  Post #: 184
9/28/2014 0:31:41   
DarkLore

Where are these joke stats anyway? I never saw them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
9/28/2014 0:43:17   
Anra

Is there any possibilities that the "Instill Fear" be a two hits skill or decrease the cost of "Blood Tap"?

< Message edited by Anra -- 9/28/2014 0:46:07 >
Post #: 186
9/28/2014 0:47:55   
Zeldax

The joke stats come from the Class Weapon, the Testing Blade. There were also joke stats during the Paladin Test.
Post #: 187
9/28/2014 1:19:16   
DarkLore

Who thinks a malifact guest would be awesome? Why not? We have one for most storyline classes. Plus there would be quite a cap on what he could kill if he dealt darkness damage. Unless he dealt evil. Makes more sense. I wouldn't even care if it was just a copy and paste of his monster art and animations. Who agrees with this?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
9/28/2014 2:23:18   
Zork Knight

AWESOME class. I bought the Zeclem items because I'm unbelievably lazy I really liked their story, and the extra WIS is pretty cool.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 189
9/28/2014 2:32:23   
Zeldax

The merged items also have WIS. For some reason they just don't show in the merge shop.
Post #: 190
9/28/2014 2:40:12   
Zork Knight

@Zeldax: How much WIS does the merge set give?

< Message edited by Zork Knight -- 9/28/2014 2:41:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 191
9/28/2014 2:52:11   
megakyle777

Hey Ash, would it be possible to have a simple way to upgrade the DC items? I'm level 60 and spent all my slots on them an don't want to waste them when I get to 80?
DF  Post #: 192
9/28/2014 3:19:30   
Zeldax

@Zork Knight
Weapon: +10 WIS
Helm: +6 WIS
Cape: +10 WIS
Ring: +9 WIS
Necklace: +14 WIS
Belt: +11 WIS

They're pretty much the same as Zeclem's Items. Except Zeclem's Items include an interesting description and they're Non-DA too.
Post #: 193
9/28/2014 4:32:48   
crabpeople

yep gives 60 wis. Aparently it has been fixed because before it only gave 26 (sword+helm+cape).
Had to edit my post.

with lv80 set (6 items) your hero has: 45 m/p/m, def 20 p/d/b, 55 crit, 50 bonus, good +20, evil +20, health -5, immobility +20, light +60, dark +60. Stats: +55 str/dex/int, +60 End, +60 Wis and +12 luck.

I'm going to use this class for a long time until I see other revamps or MSW artifact update.

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 9/28/2014 4:39:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 194
9/28/2014 4:38:19   
Shadows Morgenstern

So been playing around with DeathKnight a lot now, I love the new art up close, but like someone else said, it looks brown from a distance. xD

The skills are extremely powerful, and my hat off to Ash once again, but I find something about the class lacking...I mean Paladin has a niche, Necromancer has it's niche, and I know DeathKnight is a merged class of the two, but it doesn't feel like either... I find it boring to play to be honest. But it's probably as something as basic as it needs new animations. ._.

Also the descriptions of the Unhallowed DeathKnight items are amazing ._. Makes them really seem exactly like cursed items, and wearing those would be so freaky. xD

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 195
9/28/2014 4:55:24   
Sflamin

what other boosts does the DK items give beside the Empowered Armor strike skill?
DF  Post #: 196
9/28/2014 5:03:15   
DarkLore

None. Except the really good stats.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
9/28/2014 5:04:43   
Faerdin
Rune Knight

That is interesting. The fact that Death Knight has elements of both Paladin and Necromancer and yet stands on its own is actually one of the aspects of this revamp I thoroughly enjoyed. It still has the feel of a half DoT-based, half-smashing warrior in the same sense as the original, but it also incorporates the spirit of the other two Classes (The passives, the on-hit heal, Unholy Will's stalling, Resistance-weakening, etc.) in ways that allow it the "hybrid" playstyle that I find really rewarding in DragonFable.

Not to mention its rotation... It reminds me a bit of how "Arms Warriors" currently work in World of Warcraft. They save all their "Rage" for when they use an ability called Colossus Smash, which sunders enemy armor and allows the Warrior to go all-out with their damage for the duration of the effect. Then they go into a sort of "dormant" period of using smaller attacks until Colossus Smash is up again. With DragonFable's Death Knight, you can save your weightier, high-cooldown attacks for when you land Inspire Weakness on the enemy. Then you unleash everything you can -- Obliterate, Dreadblade, Empowered Armor Strike, even Dark Rite if you need to heal while dishing out some DoT damage -- and fill the void between with Summon Minion.

The abilities feel cohesive to me and it feels great when everything works in tandem with each other and you watch the enemy get burned down. I would seriously recommend trying Death Knight out on some Boss Fights (Where I feel it excels) and seeing if it changes your opinion. I could consistently beat Razen al Ghoul with the revamped Death Knight, and once I even managed it with full Health!

@Sflamin: No other boosts. But the equipment is just great. With the full set at level 80, you can have 60 Light and Darkness Resistance.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
9/28/2014 6:20:07   
NatsuDragneels

With revamped DK, I can hit Hard mode Melt face mode Corrupted Capt Davey until he has 100 health, that's unbelieveable. But when after I hit him to 100 and cannot stun or defend from getting killed, I am vulnerable and get killed. Impressive. Necromancer, Technomancer, and Dragonlord never hit like that.

< Message edited by NatsuDragneels -- 9/28/2014 6:23:51 >
DF AQW  Post #: 199
9/28/2014 6:43:36   
Dracojan

right now the new coil does 5% dmg/heal every turn for 5 turns. a total of 25%.
is it going to be broken if we had a higher heal/dmg per turn but about the same if not even a bit weaker overall dmg/heal. just decrease the turns of the effect.
what about 8% dmg/heal for 3 turns, total of 24%. or 10% per turn, like the current dk, but for 2 turns and 20% overall dmg/heal.

< Message edited by Dracojan -- 9/28/2014 6:45:14 >
DF  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= DeathKnight Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 22«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition