Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Ranger Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Ranger Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/13/2015 13:16:08   
crabpeople

quote:

and the class will focus on momentum and snowballing if I can get the mechanics working and balanced properly.

Meow? miau prrr hiss hisss meow!

Translation: Interesting :P

Mmm... Piercing attack locked skills are expected for Ranger. We'll see if a temporal stat change will be needed or not.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
7/13/2015 13:58:06   
Shadows Morgenstern

Oh sounds cool Verly! Can't wait!

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 52
7/13/2015 14:01:39   
Alm Nullamors

One thing I did like is the skill that seeks out and hits a target's weakness. I liked to imagine it using the Health element against PVP players with - Health resist (Does it?).

The Dark DragonLord Rises...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
7/13/2015 14:09:04   
Aura Knight

quote:

less of a long range sniper, and more of a kickbutt Lord of The Rings type ranger.

my want for this class revamp has just skyrocketed yet again. ranger's already fun to use and I have no doubts the updated version will be anything short of amazing.

I'm already excited about the art of the class. The skills will probably be epic too I just hope the animations for the 2 hit final was kept as well as the skill flashbang. Oh and weakness seeking was nice. Also, the birdie skill.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 54
7/13/2015 14:17:06   
Alm Nullamors

Yes, DragonSlayer only has that against dragons iirc so it would be nice to have a class able to do that against anything.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
7/13/2015 14:25:39   
Chaoshaper

Haven't played Ranger in forever, might dust it off to celebrate its rework :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
7/13/2015 15:41:37   
pumloo

Ranger is my favorite class :c I'm so sad it's taking so long to revamp... But you know what they say - "Save the best for last."
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
7/13/2015 15:46:16   
crabpeople

Above: Exactly. If it's taking that long is probably because they're putting lots of thought at the numbers/effects to make it unique in it's own way. The animations... Who knows? If it has that's an extra.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 58
7/13/2015 22:26:11   
pumloo

Well... If Verly is working on the concept... It's gon' be OP. Can't wait :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
7/13/2015 23:35:39   
flashbang

I heard someone say flashbang.

And yes, my name is basee off of the skill name.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 60
7/13/2015 23:39:30   
DarkLore

Hey Vely. How will mage's be able to use it then if its a mix of melee and range? Yes. I am a mage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
7/14/2015 0:57:43   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

If snowballing advantage works the same way it does for Ascendant, this is going to be absolutely great.
DF AQW  Post #: 62
7/14/2015 2:52:41   
Sakurai the Cursed

@DarkLore - That's why I use Luk as my damage stat instead of Int; I can use whatever weapons or damage types I want. ;P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
7/14/2015 12:44:46   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

How will mage's be able to use it then if its a mix of melee and range?

I'm still looking at that. There are a couple of options, but still a lot of decisions that have to be finalized. Sorry I can't be more clear about that.
AQ MQ  Post #: 64
8/18/2015 18:19:11   
Subon

Do you think you're getting a clearer picture of when the revamp might be possibly released?

And by clearer picture I mean if you at least know what year, lol.

Post #: 65
8/18/2015 18:22:20   
Aura Knight

Whenever I notice another post on this thread I get excited but when I realized it's not to announce that the revamp is live, I'm disappointed. I want this class more than any others.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 66
8/18/2015 18:47:57   
Subon

I feel ya.
Post #: 67
8/18/2015 18:48:04   
flashbang

inb4 Ranger becomes DF's Archmage.

I kid, I kid. I know it's gonna be awesome.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 68
8/18/2015 19:16:53   
GreenGuy23

Don't get the above Archmage thing, but I honestly can't wait! I know that Verly has great things in mind, and is working hard on it, so even if I have to wait until 2016 I know I'll love the revamp!

*sigh* back from a break (left around February or so?), been a while.
Forgive my ignorance of recent events, please.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 69
8/18/2015 20:06:41   
  133spider

@GreenGuy23
Archmage was(probably still to this day) a most wanted class in the Original AQ that still hasn't been released yet
IIRC, it's been 7 years since the first news relating Archmage (There was a preview of it in 2011)

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
8/18/2015 20:56:12   
Brasca123

just to explain a bit more than what 133spider said, archmage is for sure the most wanted class in AQ, that has been in development for years, and that the development has stopped many times and started anew and had to be changed because balance changed and lv cap changed and lots of things changed and now the guy that was working on it (kalanyr) is getting a PhD, so the development came to a halt

in other words, flashbang just said a joke about ranger becoming a super expected class that is going to be expected for a seriously long time with no idea on when it's going to be finished, which is clearly not the case here, it's just a good joke using another AE game as reference
AQ DF  Post #: 71
8/18/2015 21:56:37   
Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

A Ranger is far from a long-range sniping - Legolas being the referenced example. Long-range sniping would be a crossbow-er. And if one merely uses a bow for mid-to-long-range attacks, then that's an Archer. Hope the whole terminology thingy clears things up a bit.

^ ArchMage's guy also left (Lord Barrius).

quote:

Well... If Verly is working on the concept... It's gon' be OP. Can't wait :D
It's not going to be OP-ed. If it was, something is clearly wrong. It would be balanced.

< Message edited by GASKAL -- 8/18/2015 21:58:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
8/18/2015 22:05:34   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

I always thought that crossbowmen are more for short ranged fights because of the reason that they can't adjust the strength of the weapon most of the time. Unless we are talking about ballista level-like crossbows.

@GASKAL IIRC Lord Barrius isn't the one responsible for ArchMage. I think its was Kalanyr
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 73
8/18/2015 22:59:29   
GreenGuy23

@Gaskal What if he was to balance it to a Verly Quest? That's a new type of OP. DoomKnight level. verly pls scal it too yur quest lvl pls pls

< Message edited by GreenGuy23 -- 8/18/2015 23:00:16 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 74
8/19/2015 5:10:05   
Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

quote:

With a crossbow, archers could release a draw force far in excess of what they could have handled with a bow. Furthermore, the crossbow could hold the tension for a long time, whereas even the strongest longbowman could only hold a drawn bow for so long. The ease of use of a crossbow allows it to be used effectively with little training, while other types of bows take far more skill to fire accurately. The disadvantage is the greater weight and clumsiness compared to a bow, as well as the slower rate of shooting and the lower efficiency of the acceleration system, but there would be reduced elastic hysteresis, making the crossbow a more accurate weapon.
- Adapted from Wikipedia - Crossbows

Crossbows were the snipers of medieval because of their use of a mechanical structure compared to human muscle. Yes, there are variations to crossbows, but an archery bow cannot overpower a crossbow's pure mechanical power, along with the modifications the bolts used compared to normal arrows, these allowed them to 'snipe' any enemy more afar.

Yea, ballistas are the big ones meant for sieges.

I'm looking forward to Ranger class having a c'bow hidden within its arsenal of ranged-weaponry; used for assassination techniques/skills.

< Message edited by GASKAL -- 8/19/2015 5:11:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Ranger Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition