Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= August 26th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.28

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= August 26th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.28
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/26/2013 14:08:54   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

August 26, 2013
Patch Notes - 1.5.28
NEW CHANGES/FEATURES:
  • Mission Overhaul System!
    • New mission system interface
    • Replaced old system with a mission check list guide
    • Grouped old missions together in a series of chains
    • Categorized permanent and event based missions (daily missions coming soon!)
    • 20 new missions have been added
  • Season Timestamp on Items: Sets a schedule to automatically update seasonal items with start and end time without game restart. Gives players a larger heads-up before we add and remove gear from the various shops
  • Seasonal Dragon weapons and Back-to-School weapons equipped to Slayer (available for a limited time)
  • Reinforcements Reworked: Applies globally instead of at individual objectives, and changes based on rate of War Points instead of whoever is in the lead
  • Continuing to monitor matching system with new tracking information
Tags: charfade

Better late than never!
Tagged! ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 8/26/2013 17:20:22 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
8/27/2013 0:29:21   
xyzman

quote:

Reinforcements Reworked: Applies globally instead of at individual objectives, and changes based on rate of War Points instead of whoever is in the lead

What exactly is the rate now?
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/27/2013 0:54:38   
Midnightsoul

Wow, this sounds great.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/27/2013 8:41:09   
Ranloth
Banned

Also, bugged missions will be fixed today + some improvement will be added to the Mission System. (tweet from yesterday)
quote:

Nightwraith ‏@Nightwraith_ED
Fixing bugs with the mission chains. We should have a nice update tomorrow with additional improvements.

https://twitter.com/Nightwraith_ED/status/372099544814587905
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
8/27/2013 10:26:11   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

This was actually a really good update. And since it's the first remake of the mission system, I'm sure theres more to come for missions. I hope you don't wait till after the war to make the first daily mission, I'm looking forward to it a lot.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/27/2013 22:03:05   
Ranloth
Banned

Once again, this is not something Devs can change themselves but they need opinion of WHOLE community.

Do you want faster match-making system or more fair battles? Does majority of the players share the same opinion? How about the minority? Maybe a trade-off to please both parties?

First of all, it's not imbalanced because difference is up to 6 levels in 2v2. Second, having lower level partner does mean you're at a disadvantage but you can still win and get awarded more for it, not mentioning your side will likely start first due to big level gap. Third, you have to take into account players not wanting slow search times as per first version of "Exile vs. Legion" match-making so speed matters, as opposed to more fair match-ups.

Lastly, there has been no mention of 2v2 getting "fixed" as you've said. Recent comments were in regards to "Exile vs. Legion" match-making system, not the ranges. Just to repeat - Devs cannot make a big change like this without the majority having a say, including those who don't go on Forum. This means Question would have to be asked in-game in terms of what they'd like, and Forum would be merely additional detailed feedback. What if players would wait too long because the gap was smaller? Reverse the change? But then people who wanted fair system would also find it an issue because it'd no longer be fair.

Though the post this addresses was removed, it was decided this should be kept.

Eukara Vox
AE Forum Administration

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 8/28/2013 8:30:53 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
8/27/2013 22:52:43   
Buffy A. Summers

I Want More Fair Battle Match Ups, Even If It That Means Longer Battle Find Times.

As For Chance Of Victory, 2 Lvl 35s vs. A Lvl 35 And 29/30... Is A VERY LOW % Chance Of Victory For The Mismatched Pair.

I Don't Want To Start My Battes With An 80%+ Chance of Losing Due To A FLAWED Match Up System And A Major Disadvantage That Has Nothing Based On Skill.

~ Buffy

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 8/28/2013 8:31:27 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/27/2013 23:01:46   
goldslayer1

quote:

Once again, this is not something Devs can change themselves but they need opinion of WHOLE community.

except the community now is very small, especially the forums, where often times people cant voice their opinions.

What Combat Ratings would do is measure your items worth (equipped ones)
it will measure stats, damage , cores, and levels.
with all items equipped it will give you a certain combat rating.

by having a Combat Rating based match making system, it allows players to be partnered with or against players of similar rating.

what this means is that if you're a fully geared maxed out level 35, you will no longer be partnered with a gear-less level 30.
level range will still apply, so similar combat ratings wont be paired up even if they're out of the level range.
the same should apply for juggernaut mode, but juggernaut needs more tweaking for better balance.

Edited. Advertisement is not permitted. ~Tanky

< Message edited by TankMage -- 8/29/2013 4:07:42 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/27/2013 23:02:49   
Ranloth
Banned

That's the problem. You want it but you don't speak for the whole (or majority) of ED players. We've seen during the change of "Exile vs. Legion" system - players absolutely hated waiting long for their match, regardless of who they were paired up with. With this, you'd slow it down even more. Not fair, is it? Why should I wait 5-10 minutes for a match that may still end up with me getting lower level and losing (i.e. 32 + 35 vs. 35 + 35)?

It's not something Devs can change without any consequences. Players either wait longer for fair match or wait less but put up with a chance of unfair match. Ideally, we'd want best of both worlds but that one is impossible - even if you took the "Exile vs. Legion" matchmaking system - because there is lack of players at end-game level tier (30+), although it'd be faster than with the current alignment match-making system.

Tl;dr - unless Devs know what players want, and that includes majority in-game rather than on Forum, there won't be any changes made that could potentially cripple PvP. Whilst you see it as better because it's a fair match (or more fair at least), you have to put up with longer waiting times as well as a chance to lose, just not as low. You may think it's easy and only has positive returns, but no, it's got a few negative ones which make Devs quite hesitant when it comes to making this change, hence why no changes to the matchmaking system - in terms of level range - are being made.

AQ Epic  Post #: 9
8/27/2013 23:04:44   
goldslayer1

quote:

That's the problem. You want it but you don't speak for the whole (or majority) of ED players. We've seen during the change of "Exile vs. Legion" system - players absolutely hated waiting long for their match,

yes waiting a lot when you're trying to grind out wins can be a hassle sometimes.
i guess its a good thing that NPCs are instant
ohh wait...
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/28/2013 1:19:05   
Mother1

@ goldslayer1

Buffy is talking about 2 vs 2 not 1 vs 1. Last I checked the only time we had 2 vs 2 NPC battles was during the infernal war. We never had 2 vs 2 matches with NPC outside this event like we did with 1 vs 1 so that point sadly isn't relevant here.

@ Buffy

You may want to wait, but sadly as I myself don't like wait times. This happens to everyone it isn't just with you. There are times I get lower levels or get pair against lower levels and things work in my favor when I have a lower level and visa versa for the opponent team.

While you may say "So what if we wait longer you are waiting for a fair fight!" Not everyone feels that way. If that was the case they should have just made it were we always fight our same level no higher no lower from alpha. Reason why they made a level range was because that is right they wanted it people to find fast fights, and they knew everyone wouldn't be at the same level.

Waiting 2-5 minutes for a fight is also unacceptable no matter how fair the fight is especially if the person just wants to play to a 2 vs 2 to have fun or blow off steam. Changing the system right now is also a horrible idea especially with the small amount of players we have left. it will hurt everyone at all levels but players closer to the cap more since unlike lower levels cap level players only have cap level going down where as lets say a level 30 has 5 up, 5 down, and their own level.
Epic  Post #: 11
8/28/2013 2:23:34   
goldslayer1

quote:

Buffy is talking about 2 vs 2 not 1 vs 1. Last I checked the only time we had 2 vs 2 NPC battles was during the infernal war. We never had 2 vs 2 matches with NPC outside this event like we did with 1 vs 1 so that point sadly isn't relevant here.

:o perhaps thats an issue that should have been rectified long ago.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/28/2013 3:54:04   
AQisFuN
Banned

@BuFfY I won a 2v2 match like that..I was the level 30.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/28/2013 4:56:46   
Mother1

@ goldslayer1

Do you seriously think they had any intention originally before that event of even adding 2 vs 2 NPC fights? Or even adding 2 vs 2 NPC fights period? In all honestly I don't think so cause if they were they were they would have done this ages ago instead of removing NPC for counting as wins period.

In fact I have to ask you has anyone ever even suggested NPC for two vs two before the infernal war started or has even thought about this before this war?
Epic  Post #: 14
8/28/2013 5:29:53   
goldslayer1

quote:

In fact I have to ask you has anyone ever even suggested NPC for two vs two before the infernal war started or has even thought about this before this war?

pretty sure i suggested NPCs before. with this format
Solo: 15 challenges
Team: 5 Challenges
Jugger: 5 Challenges

whether it was before the infernal war or not, im not sure, but im betting on probably.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/28/2013 5:30:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/28/2013 16:53:39   
Shajun Ki

Wow something to actually do. Did you guys notice how the server numbers went up as soon as this was released? It shows players just want something to do, no one cares for this war because it's just constant grinding for some low rating achievements and hoping your side will win. If they keep giving us things to do like missions the player-base will begin to grow again. It's not that complicated...
Post #: 16
8/28/2013 16:59:19   
Ranloth
Banned

Actually, War Missions (including Daily) are yet to come. This is why the Dread War didn't seem like a War - due to lack of missions. Players do care about the war since it's revamped and a new experience compared to other Wars - such as new flags, turrets, shields, etc.) - but lack of missions didn't make it seem like one.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
8/28/2013 17:26:52   
Predator9657

World 7 has disappeared :O
Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= August 26th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.28
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition