Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Frost Moglin Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Frost Moglin Armor Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/26/2013 16:40:51   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

Hiya DragonFablers!

You wanted more various threads of discussion about Classes and we listened! This week and every week following, we will be introducing a thread for every class in DragonFable.

This thread: Frost Moglin Armor
Now for the rules of this thread:

• All =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules apply.
  • The "All Classes" thread will remain pinned to the top of the forum until all the current class threads are released.
  • There will be a Class Directory stickied to the top of the forum once a few class threads are active for quick locating.
  • On suggestions: The DragonFable staff offer specialized suggestion threads from time to time and you may post your suggestions when those events occur.
  • Please keep discussions to the Frost Moglin Armor armor.
  • Most important: Have fun!
  • AQ DF  Post #: 1
    8/26/2013 18:19:41   
    afb728

I use Frost Moglin when I'm bored with farming and am trying all the classes to switch it up. Unfortunately, I don't like my character's look in the armor. I have also never really taken the time to go through and figure out which skills are the most useful, mostly because I'm never serious about using it. I have heard and read in lots of places about how OP'ed it is, and one day I might take the time to give it a serious go.
    DF  Post #: 2
    8/27/2013 1:14:51   
    Ninjaty

It was a friend of mine who originally recommended the class to me, back when I was still a DeathKnight. Based on it's appearance, I didn't assume it to be very powerful, but boy was I wrong. Spirit Burst was my first impression of it, which was also a very powerful skill for it's time, and I for one used it a lot. With only a single turn cooldown and 240% damage, it just blew my mind.

I used to love this class, and even today, it still has a lot of power to it when used right. One of the more awesome uses I found for it, is when using a weapon with damage trigger. The skill Spirit of Giving, which normally does 25% per hit, will with one of the damage trigger weapons have it's damage overwritten by the trigger damage, making it do a total of 1350% damage, instead of the usual 225%. That is quite awesome in my opinion.

A very fun class for a very fun holiday. Can't really find anything else to say about it right now, other than it is definitely worth checking out for those who haven't (when Frostval comes around of course).

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 8/27/2013 1:19:22 >
    Post #: 3
    8/27/2013 23:36:28   
    Midnightsoul

Frost Moglin has some pointless moves. It needs to be more effective both defensively and offensively. I don't expect much of high defenses, but I want to see powerful spells and incredible healing spells.
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    8/27/2013 23:42:44   
    Jorath
    Advocator of Wills

Midnightsoul: It really depends on how the skills are used, with or without certain weapons that have damage triggers. Ninjaty has a point about that.

< Message edited by Leon ShadowHart -- 8/27/2013 23:55:36 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
    8/28/2013 4:39:41   
    Midnightsoul

@Leon

I see. But even though it can deal great damage, some moves still need improvement and when I think of a moglin, I think of a special type of healer/mage.
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    8/28/2013 6:11:37   
    Death

I actually used it alot, before. And almost saving it year round. (And, I look f4t)
    I think the thing I liked about it was that it can multi-hit for the whole battle and the first skill on the right is good for damaging. c:

But, there's probably alot more powerful classes than Frost Moglin.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    8/28/2013 7:13:59   
    Lemonus

Never got to use it for a long time. I might give it a spin again this time around. Just waiting for Frostvale to come around :P

DF AQW  Post #: 8
    8/28/2013 11:25:24   
    Azan

This class is the only way for the Hero to be fat.

Post #: 9
    8/28/2013 12:08:14   
    bokterier

@Above: The armor is sooooo cute! I don't care if you get fat while wearing it...
    Cuddle-Snuggle!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    8/28/2013 15:41:33   
    Rukaji

Looks so ridiculous... yet so strong. I need to get this armor already.
    DF  Post #: 11
    12/12/2014 17:17:50   
    Ash

The revamp for this is live. Just a reminder until monday, no stats. Don't post them, don't ask for them don't try and do anything but play around the with armor. Numbers can be nitpicked on Monday so don't do anything related to "Well X isn't correct because Y% needs to be...".

Just play with the armor, leave the number stuff for Monday.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
    12/12/2014 17:38:47   
    The ErosionSeeker
    *insert cheesy pun here*

How do you get Spirit of Frostval to trigger?
    I've had it happen every once in a while and it makes Spirit Burst hit harder, but both times it was well into 30+ rounds of battle.

Gingerbread Invasion is really good now, and I guess Warmth is strong as well, but Twig and Burst (without the boost) are significantly weaker.
    Mega Blind is great, and Spirit of Giving seems a bit stronger.

Crane Kick, Seeking Lights, and Gift remain about the same as they used to be.

On a side note, I think the Level 60 / 70 / 80 versions of the Frostval light weapons don't heal properly, haven't had it trigger at all, wheras the silver ones did multiple times.
    DF AQW  Post #: 13
    12/12/2014 18:12:25   
    Anra

OH. MY. CAT. I love the new Full MetaWAIT! Frost Moglin Armor... yeah... this one
    It's funny!
    It's powerfull!
    It's chubby!
    It has an army of minions!
    It' has a shotgun!
    It' has a robo-leg!
    and more!!!1!one!
    11/10 would recommend

Thank you @Ash

< Message edited by Anra -- 12/12/2014 18:13:13 >
    Post #: 14
    12/12/2014 18:31:13   
    Ash

quote:

How do you get Spirit of Frostval to trigger?

It's a chance to occur on any attack except for Spirit or basic attack.

quote:

Crane Kick, Seeking Lights, and Gift remain about the same as they used to be.

No, they aren't. Crane is now a guaranteed crit when before it had NO effect. Lights now weakness seeks when before it was light locked. Gift now has multiple effects it can proc when before it had NONE. I'd suggest going back through and relooking at all the skills as they all do something now. No skill is the same.

quote:

On a side note, I think the Level 60 / 70 / 80 versions of the Frostval light weapons don't heal properly, haven't had it trigger at all, wheras the silver ones did multiple times.

I changed nothing with the coding on any of the weapons that I made higher levels for. If it's not proccing you're not getting the 5% chance.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
    12/12/2014 18:32:50   
    Azan

quote:

King Alteon: Well met, Secret Testing Class. It is an honour to finally meet you.

Why thank you, Your Majesty.

From what I've seen, FMA is very good. The Gingerbread Invasion is particularly excellent! I'm waiting for the numbers to give a full appreciation, but so far, it's really positive.
    Post #: 16
    12/12/2014 18:36:33   
    Myra
    Killing time softly

I'm using it for DM farming now, it's really fun. I'm not sure what exactly has changed, but that's probably because I mostly used spirit of giving and the multi attacks and that usually killed everything, so I'm not familiar enough with the other FMA's skills to really make a comparison of the old vs. the revamped version. But I'm glad it's back.

Was the default weapon always called "The Fixerator"? XD
    DF MQ  Post #: 17
    12/12/2014 18:39:03   
    Jorath
    Advocator of Wills

That's only on some preview versions for most classes, so the default weapon doesn't always have the same name.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
    12/12/2014 19:34:17   
    Talion

Used to be the best. Permanent blind, high damage... But now that DF has evolved, it is completely useless.

DF  Post #: 19
    12/12/2014 19:43:03   
    ShimmerSoul

Ohh, nice. I was going to do a pseudo-breakdown with my impressions of each separate skill, but if Ash is just going to post the stats in a little while anyway, I'd rather not muddy the water. Anyway, my impressions of the class overall:

-VERY useful on damage-focused enemies and bosses due to that blind.
    -Also very good for short battles like single war enemies
    -Pretty good for group battles, due to having two multis, but not amazing. It needs to crit to kill a standard war group enemy without a huge elemental weakness.
    -Fantastic single-target defense class, with that insane blind, a MPM-based defense skill, AND a not-bad heal.
    -Absolutely hilarious.
    -There is a little inconsistency on one of Horrible Gift's effects - the one that says "Elemental Resistance Lowered!" actually lowers BtH by 25. That's still a good effect, though, so I'm not too broken up over it. :p Gonna be fixed by Ash. Noice. :p

10/10. Love it, love it, loooove it! :D

EDIT: Another small weirdness - Using Fruitcake Brick while you have a DoT on you makes the DoT hit you twice; once during your turn when you use the skill, then again when it normally would. That's generally not a huge deal, but it came up while I was testing the class on Razen. o.e Yeah. Only seems to happen with the female version.

That's weird. The Female version did have issues before so I may have to dig into that file and see what's going on. ~Ash

< Message edited by Ash -- 12/12/2014 20:05:32 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
    12/12/2014 19:53:00   
    Ash

quote:

Used to be the best. Permanent blind, high damage... But now that DF has evolved, it is completely useless.

I take it you haven't used the revamped class yet. All damage was increased except for one skill, and there's a "passive" now that increases its damage. All skills now have effects, where before most just did damage, and pitiful damage at that. Blind may not be permanent but it is now able to proc a -100 for a turn making you unhittable. It's much better than it was, and I'm curious if this is another "meh one skill on Soulweaver was broken and got nerfed to be in line with what it should be...class sucks now".

If I'm being honest, if you're relying on a broken effect to make a class useful, don't. It's going to get fixed. I'm sorry if that makes the class "worse" but number wise the class is now BETTER than it was before so calling it "completely useless" is factually incorrect.

ShimmerSoul - I'll fix that here in a sec. That was my mix up on the notifes and it won't take me long to correct it.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
    12/12/2014 20:01:27   
    Womba

I do have to agree with Ash. Everything is just getting revamped to the current statistical standards. Regardless of what people think.... when it's time to get tweak... it will simply be better than before.

Don't knock it 'till you try it -- as the old saying goes.
    DF AQW  Post #: 22
    12/12/2014 20:27:17   
    Galez

quote:

but it is now able to proc a -100 for a turn making you unhittable

Wait what? seriously? man i really need to try this one out.

< Message edited by Galez -- 12/12/2014 21:58:34 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
    12/12/2014 20:36:06   
    Azan

I see a small issue. The Magic Spatula (lvl 75 version of the Picnic Scavenger Hunt weapon) Special Attack does not work when using FMA. I tried that two times: the animation was there, but instead of hitting the enemy, it's hitting me for two hits of 100% the enemy's dmg with the enemy's element. I was fighting a Slushroom. I don't know if this is the armor's problem, the monster's problem or the weapon's problem, but since the special works on every other class, I figured I'd post it here.

It looks to be something with the weapon. It's got some...fun...coding on it that makes it do that spinny animation so I need to test a few things with it. ~Ash

Edit: I see you've added a 9001 resist to Cute and 500 to Fun. Nicely thought! I was wondering if you'd be adding funny resists like in the other classes... (I would've liked if that awesome "Untied Shoes" resist for Pally stayed after the armor went live )

< Message edited by Ash -- 12/12/2014 21:06:30 >
    Post #: 24
    12/12/2014 21:50:09   
    Alpha Centipede

@above: If I may add on, the Chronokeeper special does the same thing too, except it hits the enemy once and hits me the rest of the time.
    DF  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Frost Moglin Armor Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 41234>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition