Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Ninja Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Ninja Armor Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/23/2015 18:45:31   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

Hiya DragonFablers!

You wanted more various threads of discussion about Classes and we listened! Starting this week and every week following, we will be introducing a thread for every class in DragonFable.

This thread: All things Ninja Armor.

Now for the rules of this thread:

• All =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules apply.
  • The "All Classes" thread will remain pinned to the top of the forum until all the current class threads are released.
  • There will be a Class Directory stickied to the top of the forum once a few class threads are active for quick locating.
  • On suggestions: The DragonFable staff offer specialized suggestion threads from time to time and you may post your suggestions when those events occur.
  • Please keep discussions to the various versions of the Ninja armor.
  • Most important: Have fun!

< Message edited by Ash -- 1/23/2015 18:45:31 >
  • AQ DF  Post #: 1
    8/27/2013 20:06:12   
    The Odor

Even though this armor has a few years on its neck and its powerlevel isn't quite up to it I really like the base art, I really hope they keep the feel of it if they decide to redo it.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
    8/27/2013 20:54:03   
    pitties

I have ideas for a few random skills!

a "tossing ninja stars" skill that puts a bleeding debuff that lowers damage and boost by alot!

a poison darts skill that decreases enemy's darkness resist and poisons over time!

A skill that makes you do a "backstab" after every dodge/block/miss !

A skill that improves your dodge/block/miss and your crit chance!

A "smoke bomb" skill that makes both you and your enemy unhittable for 2 turns. (allows better use of potions and buffs!)

A "shadow duplicate" that takes a hit for you while you heal a bit of damage! (If the attack is dodged/blocked/missed, the duplicate stays!)

A hard hitting darkness locked skill that stuns an enemy based on their darkness resist!

Dual katanas that do opposite elements but do increased damage and leave 2 dots on the enemy! (from aq classic!)

Kunai knive throw (naruto ftw! :D) that does pierce damage and lowers their hit rate by blinding them! (lowers bonus)
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
    8/27/2013 23:34:23   
    Midnightsoul

Some of the moves need to be updated for reals. I don't recall clearly but i believe one of the moves is still "Ranged" damage when it should not be.

Also, the ninja's shield move should be more effective. +80 dodge is useless compared to a Rogue's Smoke that increases Dodge, Block, and Parry by +140 and even that is still not enough.

And please, for a general idea for ALL classes, DoTs need to be % based.
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    8/27/2013 23:45:42   
    Sentimental Melody

Yeah, ninjas ought to get better defense boosts from shield than just about any other class. :/ They're supposed to be all sneaky and hard to hit/pin down. But I guess that'd require giving pirate a revamp too.

I remember being surprised by how it looked. Since, ya know, you'd stereotypically expect black. But I like it.
    DF  Post #: 5
    8/28/2013 2:15:17   
    Van Vleck

The ninja class COULD use a lot of (epic) re-animations. Dodge especially, it's a ninja!
    Post #: 6
    8/28/2013 4:37:10   
    Midnightsoul

I say the shield should be a +300-360 Dodge with a smokescreen like the rogue
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    8/28/2013 7:24:25   
    Galbotorix

If block skill is active and your enemy hit you, then your character automaticly do one hit counter attack with 100% of his weapon damage. Atlast this trick works for mages.
    Also strong posion DOT's that reduces your oponents health by 2% of his full hp for 4 turns for example?
    And final skill that also put your enemy to sleep for one turn should be good too.
    Post #: 8
    8/28/2013 8:37:32   
    Voigan

If/when this armor is updated I some more ninja masks are added to the shop. The one that looks best with Ninja class is the low level Ninja Mask and that's been rare for years now.

< Message edited by Voigan -- 8/28/2013 8:38:41 >

Evil beware, we have waffles.
    Raven
    AQ DF  Post #: 9
    8/28/2013 8:56:25   
    Lemonus

Ninja's base armor should look like this :D
    DF AQW  Post #: 10
    8/28/2013 9:00:04   
    Galez

@^I see what you did there.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
    8/28/2013 10:27:38   
    Warmonger DragonJax
    Creative!

I was waiting for the picture to load and then I get the joke !

Post #: 12
    8/28/2013 11:20:32   
    Azan

quote:

A skill that makes you do a "backstab" after every dodge/block/miss !

I would like that. I think Ninja in DF should be something like Assassin in AQ... that class was epicness.

@Lemonus :

< Message edited by Azan -- 8/28/2013 11:22:26 >

Post #: 13
    8/28/2013 15:37:44   
    Dracelix

Maybe I shouldn't be the one to revamp Ninja in future. I may be too influenced by other games

If Ninja were to get a complete redo with present day Art and animation quality, I'd imagine it would be my favourite class.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
    8/28/2013 20:30:17   
    Lemonus

Never knew Dracelix played LoL :P

But really, Ninja should get a revamp

@below
    Because having 2 scale-free guests that helps you obliterate the enemy within 3 seconds wouldn't be very overused :P

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 8/29/2013 6:05:12 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 15
    8/29/2013 4:23:14   
    Galez

@Dracelix aww why not i want to see Living shadow and the Death mark skill.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
    8/29/2013 19:36:11   
    WolfPup

quote:

Since, ya know, you'd stereotypically expect black

you do realize ninjas wore a dark blue, not black right?
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
    8/29/2013 19:40:19   
    Chaosweaver Amon
    Friendly!

quote:

@^I see what you did there.

No, you don't. You don't see ninjas. Duh.

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 8/29/2013 21:21:16 >
    DF  Post #: 18
    8/30/2013 1:31:12   
    Midnightsoul

Well, if a ninja did do a backstab each time it dodged/blocked/parried, wouldn't that be like the opposite of a Mage's shield?

The backstab idea sounds great though. I also think the ninja should also get the Stealth and Suprise moves that Rogue has or something similar. They tend to be similar.

I also think the class should get an absorb move like the Doomknight's lifesteal move or just a regular Heal Over Time.

It'd be REALLY REALLY COOL if this happened...

Animal Imitation: Attack your foe for 150% damage and unlock special skills but locks the whole right side of your skills. Lasts 7 turns. If it misses, no effect.

Crane: (needs a sucessful Animal Imitation) Your sense of balance is heightened and feel lightweight. Gain +30 resistance to All for 5 turns.

Snake: (needs sucessful Animal Imitation) Strike your opponent for 75% damage. The opponent either becomes strangled and is reduced 30% damage or the opponent suffers poison for a total of 120% DoT. Both effects last 4 turns.

Tiger: (needs sucessful Animal Imitation) Strike your opponent for 200% damage. 75% chance to stun for one turn.

Monkey: (needs sucessful Animal Imitation) Dodge increased by +300 for 4 turns.

Turtle: (needs sucessful Animal Imitation)Increase your All Resistance by +60 but your damage is reduced by 35%.

Beast Unleash: (needs sucessful Crane, Snake, Tiger, Monkey, and Turtle) In the next three turns, your opponent will be hit by a giant shadow beast. Two hits each doing 300% weapon damage to your opponent's mana and health.

Illusion Clone: Opponent's hit chance reduced by 50%. Lasts 3 turns.

Illusion Combo: (needs Illusion Clone in effect) Your illusion comes attack for up to 75% weapon damage (each turn the illusion clone effect fades, the clone will do 20% less), and then the real you attacks for 100% damage.

Revenge: Basic attack adding 50% of the damage you've taken last turn

Ying Yang: Apply a 240% DoT but increase your foe's crit by +50 for 3 turns OR heal for 100% weapon damage but -30% chance to hit

Just the left side. Numbers are estimates. Cooldowns and mana costs were purposely not written

< Message edited by Midnightsoul -- 8/30/2013 2:05:41 >
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    8/30/2013 2:43:34   
    Tigirosa

I would love to see some epic and fast animations such as runing in air and kicking your oponents face with legs or spining fast on one leg and cuting with your weapon just like a tornado.
    DF  Post #: 20
    2/14/2014 3:17:51   
    CasshernX

Flash-stepping, martial arts-based, throw every kinds of weapons, update pl0x?
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
    2/14/2014 9:20:47   
    Dracojan

i was never into ninjas and now even less so that the class is so weak compared to bosses.
    DF  Post #: 22
    1/23/2015 18:54:09   
    shadow dragon666

Isn't Ninja one of the next armors to be redone with art and what not cause they won the PvN war?

Ninja back in the day was interesting sadly it's fallen far from levels of usefulness comparatively.

The real question will be at least for me what tier of power is this class going to fall under and with that what it's really capable of doing in a battle.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
    1/23/2015 18:58:46   
    flashbang

The revamp is out. I can't say much about it, as I haven't fully trained it, but Azan said that if you were good with it, you were nearly untouchable so yeah.
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 24
    1/23/2015 19:01:14   
    Ash

I never once promised an art update for it. I did say they would get a few extras in the form of a couple more items than revamps usually get. Ragsrun is possibly working on art tweaks but it's not necessary, promised, and may not happen.

The class preview is live so go ahead and try it out when you're not warring. As always, and I really shouldn't have to keep saying this but I will anyway, do not post numbers, don't guess, don't even try to get exact numbers down. I'll post the writeup on monday. Until then, play around with it, figure out combos, and see how you like it without focusing on the math.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Ninja Armor Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 41234>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition