Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Technomancer Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Technomancer Armor Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/4/2013 14:15:20   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

Hiya DragonFablers!

You wanted more various threads of discussion about Classes and we listened! This week and every week following, we will be introducing a thread for every class in DragonFable.

This thread: All things Technomancer Armor.
Now for the rules of this thread:

• All =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules apply.
  • The "All Classes" thread will remain pinned to the top of the forum until all the current class threads are released.
  • There will be a Class Directory stickied to the top of the forum once a few class threads are active for quick locating.
  • On suggestions: The DragonFable staff offer specialized suggestion threads from time to time and you may post your suggestions when those events occur.
  • Please keep discussions to the Technomancer armor.
  • Most important: Have fun!
  • AQ DF  Post #: 1
    9/4/2013 14:31:19   
    bokterier

Never really used Technomancer, except when I was training with it.
    Doesn't fit my playstyle anyway.

Still, I heard it's pretty good.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    9/4/2013 15:01:55   
    Dante Redorigin

This used to be my go-to class up until the Atlean Base Classes were finalized. Overall, I think the Technomancer could really use a revamp or improved form, because this class has a lot of potential that I think is just passed over.

Force Sword can deal high damage, and with Noise Blaster you can weaken enemies to Stunning, and of course Mana Grenade and Debug are some of the most useful attacks in the game, depending on the foe you're facing and your mana pool. It also has decent healing and cooldown reduction skills, which are a plus in a free armor in the level 30 area. It also has an interesting skill that gives the enemy a weakness to Metal damage, one I don't think any other class is capable of.

But like I said, there is a lot of potential going untapped with it; it has no reliable multi-hit, as the Photon Bow skill hits enemies randomly and as far as I've seen, often bugs where it does not deliver all 5 hits, and the Blackhole skill has a very low stun chance and does little damage. The Drillbit attack is a decent two hit Stun, but even with using Noise Blaster it can tend to fail. The Shield skill is just like any other 80% defense for two turns skill, so nothing new there, and the Earth Wall skill only does DoT for two turns at best.

Being a combination of magic and science here, I really think the Technomancer is pretty undervalued; Timekiller is actually more of a Technomancer in terms of it's capabilities of fusing magic and science, which was one of the reasons I got it, due to liking the actual Technomancer so much. I was able to use Technomancer up into my late 50s with my main character, but then I saw that it was getting too weak and the status effects and buffs weren't doing any real work to get me through a fight.

When I finally managed to beat When in Final 13th with the class, I did it by the skin of my teeth, my guest dragon and a Cheshire Twillie pet. So while I love the class, I hate that it slides to the wayside so quickly at higher levels, and I really do think a revamp or an improved form would do it justice.

< Message edited by Dante Redorigin -- 9/4/2013 15:02:59 >
    Post #: 3
    9/5/2013 8:30:19   
    Warmonger DragonJax
    Creative!

The technomancer was irritation in PvP as it just leaves me without mana and leaves me stranded but I don't really use earned classes or any other classes except my timekiller and kathool adept. Still it looked cool for a few days and its potion's animation was particularly nice,I guess but over all I don't find it so very interesting to discuss about.

Post #: 4
    9/5/2013 22:29:56   
    xxDantExx

i haven't used it since i got it...
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    9/6/2013 0:32:35   
    Xanaomin

I remember loving it when I unlocked it. All in all, when you take free players into account (since I was a free player until last Frostvale) the Technomancer's infinitely loopable left side skills are second to none, being able to practically spam the 10 turn buff and strong mana grenades, with a semi frequent stun.

Unfortunately, as has been my experience, once you get a DA, the DA only skills are neat and do provide a slight expansion to the previously mentioned strategy, but there are far better classes to use.

As had been said, the AOE attack is rather horrid. Especially when compared to the Soulweaver's AOE. They both do essentially the same thing - 5 random hits of damage to your targets - but the Technomancer's version does significantly less damage. Black hole is an interesting attack in theory... but with it's lower damage and low stun chance for a one turn stun, it's really just not that worth it. The instant mana drainer is a nice touch.. or would be, if there were more than fairies that used mana. In PvP, it'd be an ideal move to cripple the opposing player, but as I'm sure we're all aware, the computer AI for players ignores mana costs when attacking. Really, the only true point of that mana drain is to have the class saved as your default and have the AI use it to drain whoever's fighting your character's mana.

NOW, with that said... if a revamp is in motion, like with the ranger class, and the Mysterious G fight is anything to go by, then I do have nice hopes.

< Message edited by Xanaomin -- 9/6/2013 0:33:45 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    9/6/2013 6:10:33   
    The Jop

I used to use the class a lot before Soulweaver and it was useful as a free player. Now I just stick to the base classes because it's not worth it to pick up an armor every time I log in for half the skills. The mana grenades are useful for me and so are the heals, but it lacks Mage's blinding skill.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 9/6/2013 6:12:01 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    9/8/2013 18:33:21   
    AugustoCP

I don't really have much to add, other than what the guys above already said. I used it a lot a while ago, when I reached lvl 30, (I used Necro before) and it was my favorite class, but, when you get to higher levels, it's just... meh. Not bad, but still a bit below "decent". Again, the skills that need fixing are blackhole, earth wall, and photon bow could DEFINETELY use a dmg buff. I don't think aa total revamp is needed, simply changing 2/3 skill (the ones mentioned) would be enough, altough a visual revamp would be pretty awesome And... well, I don't want to sound greedy, but increasing Mana Grenades dmg just a WEE bit would be cool too

Emperor of the Chronomancer Penguins, Conqueror of the Underworld and sushi addict.
    DF AQW  Post #: 8
    8/22/2014 16:48:02   
    Ash

Revamped skill effects. I'll make tweaks depending on feedback if you provide numbers, testing, and reasoning, to back up what you're asking for.

quote:

Attack
    120% damage

1. Reactive Barrier
    +120 Melee/Pierce/Magic

2. Drillbit
    120% damage
    Two-turn Stun

3. Mana Burst Grenades
    Deals damage based on your current Mana and your Wis

Wis Addition = (your Wis / 5) If it would be less than 5, it auto turns into 5.
    Mana Addition = (Current Mana / Max Mana) * 100
    Damage = Wis Addition + Mana Addition

So if your Mana is 1500/2000 (current/max) and you have 100 Wis total, the attack would do 195% damage.

4. Overclock!
    3 Turn Cooldown Reduction

5. Magnetic Resonance Protocol
    10% initial Heal
    2 turn 10% HoT (5% per turn.)

6. Static Overload Blast
    Multi
    125-135% damage to each enemy. (Random amount)
    +180 Bonus To Hit

7. Rabid Byte
    80% damage
    +30% damage for 10 turns.

8. Table of Elements
    130% damage

Picks 2 of the following elements and nerfs the foes resistance to it by -25 for 10 turns.

Metal, Silver, Stone, Energy, Water, Fire, Ice, Darkness, Light, Wind, Wood, Nature

It cannot pick the same element twice on the same use. (No Water/Water for -50 total) It CAN pick the same element on multiple uses. (Water/Fire on the first use and then Water/Darkness on the second)

9. Sonic Boom Blaster
    135% damage
    Nerfs enemy ImmoRes by -30, and enemy Bonus by -20 for 5 turns.
    40% chance to stun for 1 turn.

10. Enhanced Metallic Aging
    110% damage
    Inflicts a 5 turn, "Metal" element, DoT effect that deals 25% weapon damage every turn.

11. Force-sword
    150% damage
    100% crit chance.

12. Photon Bow
    Multi
    130% damage to each enemy

13. Event Horizon
    Multi
    "???" Element damage
    125% damage to each enemy
    45% chance to stun each enemy for 2 turns.

14. Complete Debug Program
    "Fire" Element damage
    Removes all enemy Mana. Deals more damage the more Mana your enemy currently has.

Enemy Mana > 10000 - 240% damage
    Enemy Mana > 6000 - 220% damage
    Enemy Mana > 3000 - 200% damage
    Enemy Mana > 2000 - 180% damage
    Enemy Mana > 1500 - 160% damage
    Enemy Mana > 1000 - 150% damage
    Enemy Mana > 500 - 140% damage
    Anything else - 130% damage

< Message edited by Ash -- 8/26/2014 15:45:18 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
    8/22/2014 17:15:55   
    Razen

Well, this testing version is certainly fun. I'll try to see if I can finagle a win against me Al Ghoul since this class has so many stuns as its disposal.

Edit: Took him down first try. Technomancer's set of skills is well-versed to handle most situations, I'd say.

< Message edited by Razen -- 8/22/2014 17:25:07 >

[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20512286][/link]
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    8/22/2014 18:26:16   
    NagisaXIkari

Must be nice. I got right wrecked.
    DF  Post #: 11
    8/22/2014 19:08:01   
    The ErosionSeeker
    *insert cheesy pun here*

I think one issue with the new skills is that there are too many skills that do the same thing.
    Static Burst, Photon Bow, and Black Hole are all high-damage multis, but Static is literally everything about Photon Bow except better. It has the same damage range with additional boost. Photon Bow should either get a damage buff, an additional effect, or Static should be lowered to 125% to match Black Hole.

Although thematically appropriate, Table of Elements seems overly fiddly because it can choose metal or silver, two elements that are rarely used, and in the case of silver, the enemies you'd be using it against wouldn't need a mere extra -25. Leaving it at randomizing the base 8 elements seems fine, but really, I feel that a straight -25 All would be for the best, especially because DeathKnight has a similar skill (from several years ago) that was deemed as fine, and Master SoulWeaver also has a -25 All with few people calling it overpowered.

Event Horizon seemed to trigger a lot less than 50% of the time for me, after about 100 hits against monsters. Would it be too strong to be a 100% chance to stun for 1 turn? As it is right now, it seems very click-nope and there's far too much of a difference between getting it to resolve right or just fizzle. It almost feels like old DragonRider's Roar being a 50% stun thing.

Noise Blaster randomly giving a chance to stun for a turn also seems random, maybe an x turn boost reduction instead?

Overall way cool, especially because of how everything deals above 100% damage.

Debug being locked to fire is another thing that I think should be mentioned, would it be possible to just change that to weapon element?

EDIT: Black Hole seemed to not stun an enemy on turn 1 but did during turn 2, was that intended?
    EDIT2: I'm not sure if it's Force-Sword that's weak or if I've just been spoiled by other classes, but isn't 150% damage with 100 crit a little underpowered for what it is?
    It matches most double-hit skills in the game, while many classes have Finalshots that are like 200% or more power. It's 25mp cost and 12 cooldown is too expensive for what it is.

< Message edited by The ErosionSeeker -- 8/22/2014 19:31:20 >
    DF AQW  Post #: 12
    8/22/2014 19:23:39   
    NagisaXIkari

Maybe I've been spoiled by Dragon Lords healing ability, but Technomancer's is pretty weak. I'd rather use potions as they at least off set the damage dealt by the previous attack.

Multiple stun abilities is nice. Was one of the things I like about Master Soulweaver.
    DF  Post #: 13
    8/22/2014 19:32:02   
    Ash

Static is 125 not 140, that was a typo on my part when I copied it over.

I'm not to put All on anything below tier 3 and since this isn't I'm not going to add it. (Both DeathKnight and MSW are a 3 so that's fine.) I was trying to go for a "it can pull from any 'real' elements" like how our actual periodic table has a bunch of elements. (Good, Evil, etc are expressions of ideas. Poison and disease are conditions not elments, etc so those weren't considered). In this case unless there is a real number related issue thematic's is going to trump a feeling. I'll probably drop metal and silver even though I don't want to but it's one of those that it was more I was trying to include all the real elements so I'll figure it out here in a bit when I'm not trying to push a quest out.

Yes, RNG is RNG when it comes to % chance effects. One of the testers got it every single time so...yeah it's random. It's really not meant to be used exclusively for the stun, which is why I put it on a chance instead of making it a 100% at 1 turn. You're supposed to use it for the multi effect. It's an effect on top of the multi, things that aren't supposed to get effects anyway, which the class is already paying for for having multiples. You're paying for something twice over.

Why? It's noise. It's not really going to make you deal less if you can't hear. If there's another sound based issue that can be applied I'll look at swapping it out, but -boost for just the sake of -boost isn't going to happen.

I'll have to lower the amount of damage it does based on mana.

You're losing a lot because it has more multi's than other classes. That's why you have %'s instead of direct. You're also not supposed to have effects on a multi so you're paying for it there. Everyone loves stuns, everyone loves multi's so I pushed them together. I'd rather not lop them off wholesale since I had to put them on the only ones that made sense at the most I could % chance them to be.

NagisaXIkari - Dragonlord is a Tier 3, so yes you have been spoiled. Techno is a tier 2 so it's not getting "uber healz". Its heals are actually more than it had before. (15% total on the old one compared to 20% total on this new one)

< Message edited by Ash -- 8/22/2014 19:39:13 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
    8/22/2014 20:00:22   
    The ErosionSeeker
    *insert cheesy pun here*

If you're going to keep metal and silver (one element which only has resistances against and another that one-shots any enemy it's specifically used on), you might as well include Nature and Wood as rolled elements.

quote:

Why? It's noise. It's not really going to make you deal less if you can't hear. If there's another sound based issue that can be applied I'll look at swapping it out, but -boost for just the sake of -boost isn't going to happen.

Thematically, noise is a distraction while extreme vibration sound causes things to shake apart.
    If you get hit by a loud noise out of nowhere, you get jittery and can't think straight, which would translate to inaccurate/misjudged attacks (based on where your opponent is by the sound of their actions).

I thought the 1-turn stun on Noise was out of place because turning deaf doesn't make you unable to do things, it makes you unable to do things well.
    DF AQW  Post #: 15
    8/22/2014 20:20:57   
    BhaalSpawn4

quote:

Ash

I'll have to lower the amount of damage it does based on mana.

The amount of damage what does?

quote:

I was trying to go for a "it can pull from any 'real' elements" like how our actual periodic table has a bunch of elements. (Good, Evil, etc are expressions of ideas. Poison and disease are conditions not elements, etc so those weren't considered)... I'll probably drop metal and silver even though I don't want to but it's one of those that it was more I was trying to include all the real elements so I'll figure it out here in a bit when I'm not trying to push a quest out.

In that case, why can Table give a vulnerability to Light and Darkness? The skill definitely feels like its trying to channel...physical, quantifiable 'elements' (periodic table and states of matter were all terms I considered but didn't quite fit) and neither Light nor Darkness fit that mold. In the same vein, silver and metal don't really need to be removed. The skill isn't about killing werewolves en passant (something I wouldn't use Table for anyway) but increasing the damage you do by some amount and having -25 to silver and metal (or any other element, rare or not) works for the purpose of the skill.

quote:

TheErosionSeeker

I thought the 1-turn stun on Noise was out of place because turning deaf doesn't make you unable to do things, it makes you unable to do things well.

Focusing enough sound waves in your general direction will incapacitate you. Have you seen The Hulk? Have you ever been subjected to a high-pitched sound for a long duration?

Heck, sound has actually been weaponized by the military; it's been used to force the surrender of enemy combatants.

Debug is fire-locked as a tribute to the technological revolution of the eighties and the kill command 'Halt and catch fire', which caused the CPU to stop functioning, and also probably the AMC period drama by the same name. I usually have a severe hatred of element locked skills, but this is DF's banal homage for the year and I'm fine with it.

< Message edited by BhaalSpawn4 -- 8/22/2014 20:29:55 >
    AQ DF  Post #: 16
    8/22/2014 20:50:12   
    Xanaomin

Ah, this was a nice little surprise to come on~ After using it for a bit, I've a few more noticible insights.

First, the drill's second hit is always blocked. I've used it several times, and the second hit never hits. Amusing, since the original's stun was locked to only the second hit.

Second, with the THREE AOE spells, one of which can stun, I certainly feel like it's doing much better in multitarget engagements. With the Iota cannon though... I know that it's always seemed to look like a good AOE skill, but maybe it can be more of a random 5 hits on targets? I mean, no class should need three AOE skills. It'll help make it more different from the other AOEs, and I think help people who miss using it to deal lots of damage to a single opponent.

Table of elements is certainly interesting, and a strict upgrade from the flat minus to metal it used to give. The randomosity helps with the whole theme of science and magic working together as well, as has been seen in various quests, and also means that choosing an elemental weapon against something without a weakness will be that much better.

The damage dealing from Byte helps keep it on par with the other newer damage buffing going on as well, so it's a nice touch. Maybe have the summoned metaltog jump forward at the opponent to deal the damage, so it's not just a random hit?

I kinda feel like it could use a mana regenerator though... Not sure where it'd fit, but maybe having the MRP refund mana (You need this much mana to cast it, and you'll get a little more mana in return as well as the health) would be a nice touch.

I also like how the mana grendes also deals damage based on WIS. The stat quickly falls off in usefulness in later levels since leveling and equipment easily gives you more than enough mana than you need, so having at least this one skill that uses the stat so efficiently is a good boon~ It'd be nice visual wise if the damage was divided among the three exploding grenades though.

Overall, I do like the rework. If the two points are fixed/added, then I think it'd be rather perfect for it's tier~

< Message edited by Xanaomin -- 8/22/2014 20:52:18 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
    8/22/2014 21:11:33   
    ShimmerSoul

I do like the new skill names. Feels much more like we actually know what we're doing with these skills now. And those AoE attacks, especially Event Horizon, which used to be totally useless, make this class perfect for wars. Force Sword or Mana Burst Grenades on single enemies, and nuke any groups with multis.

I've already gotten a kick out of the default weapon as well:
    quote:

Testing Blade: AshCorp is not responsible for anything you might break by using this for anything other than hitting a monster.
    EbilCorp, move over. AshCorp's bringing the people what they want. Tired old Ebil just doesn't meet the needs of the modern adventurer; the way of Ash is the way of the future.

Couldn't help myself, sorry. :p I now earnestly hope for an AshCorp vs. EbilCorp war in the future.

quote:

The damage dealing from Byte helps keep it on par with the other newer damage buffing going on as well, so it's a nice touch. Maybe have the summoned metaltog jump forward at the opponent to deal the damage, so it's not just a random hit?

Maybe make it Fear elemental? The sound of barking dtogs has been scientifically proven to induce extreme stress and occasionally outright panic.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
    8/22/2014 21:26:26   
    Sakurai the Cursed

If the elements on Table are changed then I think Metal should definitely be left in, since the class has a Metal DoT that is pretty good if doubled by a Metal weakness.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    8/22/2014 21:55:26   
    Ash

quote:

If you're going to keep metal and silver (one element which only has resistances against and another that one-shots any enemy it's specifically used on), you might as well include Nature and Wood as rolled elements.

I can do that since it'll fit better.

quote:

I looked at it more from the point of view that if you get hit exactly right with a noise pulse it shuts down your hearing, disorients you, makes your balance nonexistent, and you pretty much mush onto the ground. (Google it..it's not pretty what a noise attack can do.)

quote:

The amount of damage what does?

Debug, it's getting ele-comp on its damage boost per mana removed. The reasoning you gave is also the reasoning I used on the re-name. The name kinda made sense before but the coding terminology coupled with the animation just went perfectly together.

quote:

First, the drill's second hit is always blocked. I've used it several times, and the second hit never hits. Amusing, since the original's stun was locked to only the second hit.

It's actually not. If you watch the enemy health two hits are deducted. There's an anomalous 3rd "attempted but never successful" attack in there which is causing that. I'm going to figure out where that's coming from and fix it.

quote:

Second, with the THREE AOE spells, one of which can stun, I certainly feel like it's doing much better in multitarget engagements. With the Iota cannon though... I know that it's always seemed to look like a good AOE skill, but maybe it can be more of a random 5 hits on targets? I mean, no class should need three AOE skills. It'll help make it more different from the other AOEs, and I think help people who miss using it to deal lots of damage to a single opponent.

I'm hesitant to do that mainly because it'll fall into the same trap Bow and Banishment did. I either have to make it do horrible damage over 5 hits or OP damage over 5 hits. So either you do 20% damage every "hit" or 90% damage every "hit" and neither are good for balance. One throws single battles out of wack with 450% damage (*coughs*old banishment*coughs*) or makes it a pitiful multi, like old Bow. There's no way at present to make it "detect" a single target or a multi target and adjust as needed. I would've made them all function like that if I could have.

quote:

That's an animation deal and not something I can do. =/ Tomix might be able to when he has time later on but I can't do it myself.

quote:

I kinda feel like it could use a mana regenerator though... Not sure where it'd fit, but maybe having the MRP refund mana (You need this much mana to cast it, and you'll get a little more mana in return as well as the health) would be a nice touch.

This has the same trap as Master Soulweaver does. You can either have a HP heal or a MP heal, you can't have both on an offense leaning class. The HP heal was on the original so I didn't have to flip a coin on this one like I may have to on others. *stares at ninja*

quote:

It'd be nice visual wise if the damage was divided among the three exploding grenades though.

I can totally do that since that's a coding deal. It won't make it in this weekend most likely because I'm burned out from the MQ release...which is still being worked on after flash decided to crash on me all this week. Excellent idea. :)

quote:

Maybe make it Fear elemental? The sound of barking dtogs has been scientifically proven to induce extreme stress and occasionally outright panic.

Possibly. If people are ok with it getting another ele-locked attack that'll work in place of waiting for an animation tweak.

< Message edited by Ash -- 8/22/2014 21:56:16 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
    8/22/2014 22:05:04   
    ShimmerSoul

quote:

I'm hesitant to do that mainly because it'll fall into the same trap Bow and Banishment did. I either have to make it do horrible damage over 5 hits or OP damage over 5 hits. So either you do 20% damage every "hit" or 90% damage every "hit" and neither are good for balance. One throws single battles out of wack with 450% damage (*coughs*old banishment*coughs*) or makes it a pitiful multi, like old Bow. There's no way at present to make it "detect" a single target or a multi target and adjust as needed. I would've made them all function like that if I could have.

Perhaps giving one of the AoEs variable damage could help in that regard? Like, instead of one hit of 125% to each enemy, make it one hit of 100-150% to each enemy, varying on each hit? That'd ensure that the damage randomizes somewhat without bringing back the old random hit system. It wouldn't be hugely OP on single enemies and would still grant the same random damage effect that the old randomized multis gave when used as they're supposed to be.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
    8/23/2014 0:16:33   
    Evile

Although I haven't done extensive testing like some of the other players, (I'm having a hard time finding the time to play the game lately ) but from what little testing I have done with the skills I can say that overall the technomancer class plays better and I personally am very satisfied with the revamp. I will definitely play the technomancer class a lot more in the future. Nice Job with the revamp Ash!
    DF  Post #: 22
    8/23/2014 0:22:40   
    The ErosionSeeker
    *insert cheesy pun here*

Damage indicators triggering after the animation has been played has happened in a lot of the newer armors.

Back with things like Mage, each hit needed to hit to register, but now AoE skills just leave them in afterwards because of how repetitive it would be to loop it multiple times.

The old Photon Bow had damage lingering past its animation too, for reference.

If Magnet Heal giving either HP or MP is still being debated, I'd say that the animation of drawing in energy fits better with MP, but the description involving nanobots kind of implies hp heal more.

Functionality-wise, MP heal would be glorious for long bouts of farming with Mana Grenades, and since Techno doesn't seem to have as much burst damage as say, Necro or Weaver, it might just be better to have an mp regen skill over hp regen.
    DF AQW  Post #: 23
    8/23/2014 2:58:35   
    ShimmerSoul

Maybe an effect like a reverse or modification of Akriloth or Titan Kathool's MP drains would do - Big MP heal on the opening use, followed by gradual MP DoT and HP HoT for the next few turns (in-universe: the nanobots are consuming your recovered mana to heal you). That makes sure the effect both pays for its healing and grants MP recovery, while still allowing for near-optimal use of Mana Grenades if used immediately after. The only balance issue I can think of is that you get both at once instead of spending a turn's worth of damage to use two skills, like normal. Maybe a smaller-than-average MP heal or just lower HP healing would fix that?

Then again, a skill that lets you repeatedly use an attack like mana grenades might be a balance issue in itself on a class that's not designed for single-target battles.

< Message edited by ShimmerSoul -- 8/23/2014 3:02:01 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
    8/23/2014 7:02:43   
    Rorshach

The Question
    (AdventureQuest)

Generally, this armour is stunner. And it should be kept at that. Given that not many armours are capable of such stunning abilities, because it could prove to be OP-ed, this has proved that it can be possible to be balance. Why so? Because of the damage output that it is sacrificing for all these stuns. So in a way, the player would become a 'support' role than the main damage dealer, hence would rely on pets and guests.

The Rabid Byte does help to alleviate that damage loss from the 3 stunning-skills (only 1 is an assured one). Although not a big boost, as the skills themselves are already doing at probably 100% Attack damage (the stun skills do about 50% only), its enough to go by with a 10-turn.

Not to mention, the cooldown speed-up, which helps to reduce CDs by 4 turns!

The downside to this is that if there are more than 1 enemy, it may be a problem; especially if you have guests. The high mana-cost over a long period of time would become a huge problem if you don't end them quickly (and even worse so if they can mana-drain you...), as well as the HP boost because you've got guests (who don't deal a lot of damage - because they don't scale off CHA stat?)

< Message edited by GASKAL -- 8/24/2014 3:02:50 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> =DF= Technomancer Armor Discussion Thread
    Page 1 of 41234>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition