Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= September 17, 2013 - Blackshock's Mana Guardian!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= September 17, 2013 - Blackshock's Mana Guardian!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/17/2013 16:56:46   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

Blackshock's Mana Guardian!
Posted on September 17, 2013 by Nulgath

The flash art is done. Now on to the animations. Any suggestions on the type of attacks he should have? Post them in the Oversoul Facebook Comments section and they might get used!

I say he should launch a giant ball of mana at the enemy, Spirit Bomb style }:3

< Message edited by ND Mallet -- 9/17/2013 16:57:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/17/2013 17:02:18   
bokterier

Boxing. That would suit him the most, I think... With a little bit of magic.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/17/2013 17:03:17   
The Jop

I don't know, maybe take off his mask, launch himself face-first into the enemy, and then return. Something that uses the mana under the armor since he is a living weapon. He could also have a move where the runes over his armor light up and the area around the enemy radiates the same color to do damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/17/2013 17:10:08   
Mondez

An update from the big man since forever!

The art looks awesome and no changes from the original concept.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/17/2013 17:20:01   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I still say a being of pure mana should launch a ball of pure mana at the enemy(Spirit Bomb yes please }:3)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/17/2013 17:21:39   
The Jop

As a 5-hit? Yes, that sounds good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/17/2013 17:24:02   
Viking_Jorun

How about a blast straight from the chest rune? The other runes light up and converge at the chest, then a beam shoots out?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/17/2013 17:26:56   
Char

Congratz Blackshock! Looks like your art was practically Nulgath style. I look forward to possessing your character in-game

@Viking: Oooh, I like that one. +1 Support

:D ~V_J

< Message edited by Viking_Jorun -- 9/17/2013 17:31:07 >
Post #: 8
9/17/2013 17:34:34   
clintonian

I must say this looks very good. I can totally see this as a boss now

< Message edited by clintonian -- 9/17/2013 17:40:41 >
Post #: 9
9/17/2013 17:57:24   
Cyber doom5

i liked blackshocks design

the only thing i didnt like is how plane it looked, nulgath could have anciented it up
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
9/17/2013 17:58:53   
Redingard

A slow, heavy hitter would be a good design. Combos would involve the actual magic-y part of it. Hits like a tank, just as slow as one.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
9/17/2013 18:50:53   
necro rouge

Am I the only one that thinks that this, while good, isn't really up to OS standards when it comes to pure detail?

And I agree with red on this one, he would really fit with some slow basic attacks.
AQW  Post #: 12
9/17/2013 18:55:10   
DarkLore

It should be up to blackshock what the attacks should be. It's his character. Plus he'd pick some sick attacks I'm sure!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
9/17/2013 18:59:58   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@necro I'd rather not go there, since I don't want to clean up a mess over people fighting that their entry was better and deserved to win. I think it looks great as it is. Nulgath is on a tight schedule so we should be lucky he got a chance to even make a character, regardless of how polished it looks or not
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
9/17/2013 19:08:53   
Cyber doom5

@^

like i said

loved the concept

nulgath could have done more to improve on it then he did

all he did was touch it up a bit
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
9/17/2013 19:16:41   
The Jop

It will be a lot smaller in-game so it should look good. Its simplistic style makes the art look very smooth and clean.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
9/17/2013 19:41:55   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

The reason is because, just like all the other contestants, they're true to their original plan/drawing.

It was spiced up just a tad like all the other past art contestants before it.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/17/2013 19:43:48   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

You have to remember that he's also made out of mana so chances are that he's going to be animated in such a way that he looks like pure energy flowing through some armor pieces. Add too much detail to that and we're going to get lag from him
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
9/17/2013 19:52:29   
necro rouge

@mallet
Yeah, i simply love it. The reason why I love AE games in the first place is the simplicity of it all. However, if you compare the level of detail and shadowing to pretty much anything else in the game, it is pretty different.

I love the way it stands out, but it still stand out.

And please, no animations, I can't even equip darkon drago on the lowest setting without lagging.
AQW  Post #: 19
9/17/2013 19:55:12   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Darkon lags because of size and detail most of all. The more detail goes into something, the more it lags. Especially if it's large
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
9/17/2013 20:10:58   
necro rouge

@Mallet
However, I have no problem using characters like Seraphim or frost queen, so I'm fairly sure the lag from darkon comes from the fact that he has idle animations.
AQW  Post #: 21
9/17/2013 20:49:34   
inshal1000

I say for 1 and 2 hit combo,
He should extend/stretch his mana arms while in a fist to punch them,
Similar to how Pumpkin Lord stretches his arm.
It should come at them like a rocket, just like the Engineers.
MQ AQW  Post #: 22
9/17/2013 21:00:58   
pitties

Hmm for the 2 hit combo: 2 shocks of mana lightning from its out stretched palm.

5 hit combo: its armor would fall and pure mana blasts would cover the enemy very fast and then the armor would refill with mana.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
9/17/2013 21:12:46   
Cyberbeast10

I think its attacks should represent how it is a golem in armor. So with that, its attack should look vicious, like it jumping on top of the opponent and pounding away savagely.
It's 5 hit is suppose to represent how despite its exterior, it is still merely mana.

So, with that, the attacks leading to the 3 hit should look reminiscent of getting attacked by a savage brute and the the 5 hit combo should be a large attack composed of mana.
IMO, the 5 hit should be a self-destruct explosion, with the mana golem repossessing its armor after its done. Would just look awesome.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
9/17/2013 21:33:47   
pitties

@^: like the 5 hit combo I suggested? It would leave its armor and explode around the enemy before returning and reanimating the armor.

oh and something noone suggested: Shield animations! I would like the shield if it was a crackling field of blue mana that slowly became bigger and smaller like a pulsating forcefield.

< Message edited by pitties -- 9/17/2013 21:34:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= September 17, 2013 - Blackshock's Mana Guardian!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition