Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= September 17, 2013 - Blackshock's Mana Guardian!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= September 17, 2013 - Blackshock's Mana Guardian!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/17/2013 22:18:33   
Skurge
The Dealer

Glad to see some design notes!

blackshock must be very proud for such a nice character design. Was the element specified?

< Message edited by Skurge -- 9/17/2013 22:19:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
9/17/2013 22:25:58   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

The Element specified in the Design was Fire/Energy.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/17/2013 22:58:17   
Megadragonknight

I just thought of this idea. Mana Guardian's 5 hit combo will be mana beam! Since Mana Guardian's main source of power is mana, his 5 hit combo will need to focus on his every bit of his mana energy and transfer it to mana beam to strike his opponent. It sound really simple but its something which we would love to see. Its quite rare to see OS characters' 5 hit combo being an energy beam with the exception of ruldopthues and darkon drago.
Post #: 28
9/17/2013 23:04:38   
Cyber doom5

i said
3hit: spear throw

5hit: runes glow on body , fires mana blast from hands
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
9/17/2013 23:59:02   
Megadragonknight

I thought of another idea.

5-hit combo: Focus his mana energy and his body glow in mana light and strike his opponent with super mana beam.
Post #: 30
9/18/2013 1:33:43   
friend18

I'd love to see a five hit combo where he removes his head and throws it up into the air. The head then charges up and launches a ball of mana at the opponent.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
9/18/2013 7:45:16   
Blackshock

I like the idea of a 5 hit combo spirit bomb. XD I honestly invisioned a three hit combo being a beam of pure concentrated mana being shot from his fists kamehame/iron-man style. The only thing I have that I'd really like to see would be a death animation where he pulls out an enraged stance, the mana inside him runs out and the armor just falls down leaving the mask to fall last.

@Skurge: I had him intended to be a fire/energy hybrid. :D

< Message edited by blackshock -- 9/18/2013 7:46:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
9/18/2013 12:00:52   
DarkLore

That is the best death animation in history blackshock! You should tell nulgath or post on facebook. He's your character. I think is very messed up the movset isn't only.up to you. Brooklyn RAGE! LOL!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
9/18/2013 12:27:52   
Cyber doom5

i really liked blackshocks entry

just wished it looked a little more ancient
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
9/18/2013 12:34:07   
Blackshock

true, it looks a lot more spiffy now, but I can chalk it up to their constant proximity to mana wells keeping them in good shape while those stationed in either defunct mana sources or separated from a place to recharge mana periodically get worn down easier?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
9/18/2013 15:20:44   
Leader
Unrequited

Congratulations Blackshock! The Mana Guardian looks awesome.

It reminds me of Golurk for some reason, but I don't think the punching style/theme would suit it for animations - something definitely mana or energy related would look fantastic.
Post #: 36
9/18/2013 15:26:27   
Cyber doom5

wait leader are you not an AK anymore?
i hope mana golem is as tall as ogre trapper
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
9/18/2013 16:54:53   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

@Skurge: I had him intended to be a fire/energy hybrid. :D

Ahh, I see! A spirit bomb-type combo would look pretty awesome! :D Kinda like the Meteorite card with Fire Characters, eh?

Cyber doom5: Unfortunately, yes. Leader will still be posting on the forums though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
9/18/2013 17:26:57   
UnderSoul

There are so many possibilities for attacks! It looks like a heavy-hitter boxer guy, but is made from undiluted mana. I think that simple 1- or 2-hit attacks should be more physical looking, while the big 3- and 5-hit combos should be more energy like. I like the idea of a Spirit Bomb style 5-hit, and Blackshock's 3-hit combo and death.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= September 17, 2013 - Blackshock's Mana Guardian!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition