Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Did you notice? V

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Did you notice? V
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/24/2014 21:40:51   
Thylek Shran

Did you notice that the ED developers are only and very active on Twitter at release days ?
After that its 6 days silence.
DF Epic  Post #: 151
1/31/2014 22:26:40   
Thylek Shran

Did you notice that Caden has been heavily buffed ?
DF Epic  Post #: 152
1/31/2014 22:36:26   
Mother1

Did you notice the staff brought back a rare robot that was suppose to never come back into the game ever?
Epic  Post #: 153
2/1/2014 1:01:03   
Pemberton

^They never said that.
Post #: 154
2/1/2014 9:20:29   
Mother1

@ pemberton

Actually yes they did. Back during the heartbreak saga they said this promo was going to go rare which meant at the time that is wasn't coming back. It was also said in the past design notes that once something went rare it was never suppose to come back.
Epic  Post #: 155
2/1/2014 13:53:48   
edwardvulture

did you notice people are investing in support more?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 156
2/3/2014 21:34:51   
Noobatron x3000

Did you notice after power weekend ended the server numbers immediately began to dwindle again, is this the only way to incentivise playing now?
Post #: 157
2/3/2014 21:42:04   
Mother1

@ noobatron

Remember many of the players are kids, and on weekdays they do have school where as the weekend they are free so of course numbers will go down during the week.
Epic  Post #: 158
2/3/2014 21:44:17   
Noobatron x3000

we''ll see if its the usual 200-300 for 8 hours of the day.
Post #: 159
2/3/2014 21:49:30   
Mother1

@ Noobatron

That is the normal number from like 11 PM - 6 AM that I see. It is especially like this at reset time which is when I tend not to play now due to 1 vs 1 being against those hardcore level 40's and 2 vs 2 hardly ever starting.
Epic  Post #: 160
2/3/2014 21:59:13   
Noobatron x3000

2v2 is slow to start all day now with people avoiding pvp due to balance, Its extremely slow from around 10pm -4am est and just flat out rarely even starts from 4am-8am est.
Post #: 161
2/3/2014 22:26:50   
Mother1

@ Noobatron

at higher levels yes I can agree since there are less players. But for lower levels no. I went on with my lower level alt (level 21) and was able to get 6 quick fights. I am guessing most of the players who do play are using lower level accounts since most of the balance issues hit the higher level players.

Epic  Post #: 162
2/3/2014 22:29:49   
Noobatron x3000

I've said this before no one plays a high level toon frequently because you'd rage quit if you did.
Post #: 163
2/3/2014 22:42:02   
Pemberton

PvP is like battling clones and drones with same builds and you have no chance to win lol...
Post #: 164
2/3/2014 22:48:35   
Noobatron x3000

^ ikr they should add npcs to 1v1 and 2v2 now theres no difference in intelligence and build between a npc and most players now.
Post #: 165
2/3/2014 23:20:16   
s0u1ja b0y

Did you notice epicduel has the worst players
Epic  Post #: 166
2/3/2014 23:24:09   
Noobatron x3000

^Yup a lot of players would rather hide the truth and xploit the many broken factors of course there gaining nothing because everyone else is exploiting the same thing, rather then actually high lighting the problems and finally get a game fixed that hasn't been fixed since gamma = worst players.
Post #: 167
2/3/2014 23:36:50   
Mother1

@ Noobatron

Last I remembered the game wasn't ever balanced period. Not in Alpha, Not beta, and certainly not now. There has always been builds that would grant better win rates than others and I don't see this ever changing unless they do drastic changes (AKA rewriting everything within the entire game from how stats work to the power of a strike) Because even with all the changes that most of us suggested every single one of them is a band aid fix at best.
Epic  Post #: 168
2/4/2014 0:47:11   
Pemberton

@Mother1

The game never being balanced since alpha is not an excuse for the game to still be imbalanced in omega.
If anything, the game SHOULD be a little more balanced and more variety now in omega. Stop trying to defend the devs, you are even saying
it is the players' fault for suggesting band aid fixes??? Just wow.
Post #: 169
2/4/2014 0:53:47   
Mother1

@ Pemberton

In case you haven't noticed a lot of the balance changes where guess what? That is right player suggested. From the 10X everything (Remember seeing it in the suggestions part of the site sometime ago) To the passive to active change (which was also player suggested) Why do you think Assimilation got the buff from being fixed to scaling with strength? Because people felt it was weak and suggested it get a buff.

Why was Battery back up nerfed one week after it was introduced? because player said it was too strong and suggested it to be nerfed.

See the pattern I am getting at? The staff comes for the feedback of the player base, and with that feed back a lot of the balance changes made are based off of player suggestion if not all of them.

Many of the other suggestions I see (not all but most) are also band aid fixes.

I would list them and explain why they are band aids but I won't.
Epic  Post #: 170
2/4/2014 1:16:09   
s0u1ja b0y

I really wasn't talking about balance exploiters, I was talking about how people redeem prizecodes on multiple accounts, lack of in game player help( bosses builds where is...) or help on forum. Glance has always been men at best but at least you could get help before. Also, people are so selfish. 90% of ideas discussions suggestions are about the specific person instead of in general(ex passives to actives pretty much all "balance changes).
Epic  Post #: 171
2/4/2014 18:33:21   
Thylek Shran

Did you notice that turning passive into active skills is a fail because the reason why this
got changed was that passive skills was "must have" skills ? Most of the replaced passive
skills are again a "must have":

- Blood Lust -> Mark of Blood
- Reroute -> Battery Backup
- Passive Armors (HA, PA, MA)

Just Fire Scythe that replaced Deadly Aim is not a must have and mostly that useless as
if with the remove of Deadly Aim TMs are now lacking a whole skill and with that build
diversity.
DF Epic  Post #: 172
2/4/2014 19:23:52   
Mother1

@ Thylek

Not only that, but with the passive to active change, for most skill trees they added 2 more skills that cost energy (TM BM and TLM being the exceptions) which not only made these must haves but also put even more stress on energy.
Epic  Post #: 173
2/4/2014 19:40:14   
Ranloth
Banned

Uh, there is some difference, when previous system stressed investing into all of them, preferably to the max even.

Of course they are still needed, but that's normal. You don't need all old passives (active versions of it) to compete now, unlike before.
Yeah, go ahead with making a build without having an Armor to use when debuffed - did you really think this would change? Armors are really effective at Lvl 4-5 (around 7 for HA), if you know how to use them. On old system, you'd likely have them at Lvl 8-10.

There's a difference between being forced to having them almost maxed (passives), to having them trained - but not forced to max them, example given above. Some people take the Devs' words too literally - did you honestly expect these skills to NOT be needed when creating a build? Why do BHs have two defensive skills trained, whilst Armor based classes doesn't supposedly need the skill (for defense) because it used to be a passive before? Think logically.
AQ Epic  Post #: 174
2/4/2014 20:54:40   
s0u1ja b0y

Did you notice no one ever replies in battle strategy forum and did anyone notice battle gems is just modified ponyvspony

< Message edited by s0u1ja b0y -- 2/4/2014 20:59:04 >
Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Did you notice? V
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition