Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 132 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 132 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 7 of 30«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2013 11:31:12   
necro rouge

I'm loving that character. My new main in whatever element she is.
AQW  Post #: 151
9/25/2013 11:37:19   
The Jop

@necro
Energy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 152
9/25/2013 11:51:24   
Megadragonknight

@Jop
You character is going to be one interesting character yet. I am looking forward to possessing your character. :)
Post #: 153
9/25/2013 11:57:41   
The Jop

@Megadragonknight
Thanks again. I'm glad other players are actually going to enjoy using it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
9/25/2013 12:16:53   
DeathGuard

In my opinion, Resonance shouldn't look scary. Even you, The Jop, mentioned you didn't intend it to be scary. I read the entry 3 times now, and I didn't got the message she was scary. Not sticking to the real nature of a character may affect not only its appearance, but its impact on the people who chose your entry.
It is okay for artists to change some parts but making it scarier is just changing the whole character. I would be a bit molested if they changed the nature of the appearance of one of my suggested characters, it just wouldn't follow the theme of the character. I think you have all the right to ask for that to change. You lose nothing asking.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 155
9/25/2013 12:24:28   
Megadragonknight

@Jop
No problem again. Your writing entry encourages me to work harder for my own writing entry. I will join the contest one day in a writing entry and hope to get my own character in-game. That would make my life feel quite delightful. :)
Post #: 156
9/25/2013 12:26:16   
The Jop

I don't want to seem ungrateful. I'll be happy with whatever Rev makes and he's put a lot of hours into it already. Asking him to change it now would be too much. I did have a different vision for it, but my vision wasn't better in any way so I'm not unhappy with his approach. I'm not doing this just be a nice guy, I really do like his design even though I expected something else.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
9/25/2013 12:34:52   
DeathGuard

@The Jop: It wouldn't be ungrateful. You have the right to do so, its your design.
I remember AQW had some issue with some player who suggested a fire themed armor. It was done apart from the suggestion he originally gave it. I remember he ranted about he wanted it to be taken out of the game, it wasn't his design so they made a second version.
He had all right to do it. In this case, you can do such too. You may feel good but you aren't really satisfied, no one would be. I'm saying this because Mana Guardian felt like it was rushed, I wouldn't like that Resonance had the same issue.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 158
9/25/2013 12:44:19   
The Jop

@DeathGuard
Resonance doesn't look like it's being rushed though. It's just a different design than I imagined. All the details I put in for the appearance should still be there. Thank you for your concern, but I'm happy with what Rev has made so far. The only thing I would have preferred was if the hair was standing on end like I said, as it when someone is electrocuted.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 159
9/25/2013 12:47:02   
DeathGuard

@The Jop: Alright. You're welcome.

On topic: Lvling Pumpkin Lord for the funs, and designing some steampunk weapons for ED.
What about you guys?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 160
9/25/2013 13:00:38   
Megadragonknight

@Jop
Hope your character will come out something that you are satisfy with. But knowing Rev, he never fail to impress us.

@Deathguard
Now I am going to bed. xD Just now I fought against most of the bosses since I haven't fought them for a long time. The battle was fierce though winning against them with Orc Chieftain will be quite easy. Not only do I fought bosses, I trained some of my characters since I am already collecting and evolving every characters.

I am tired now. I will see you guys tomorrow. So long.
Post #: 161
9/25/2013 13:42:16   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

When I saw Rev's drawing, my thoughts were "I can see Resonance looking like that." Then I saw Jop's post about how her hair should have been and looked at his entry closer and then thought "Oh that's right about the hair." But to be honest, I think it would look creepier if her hair right now was just standing on edge. And her face does fit what you would expect a sane person to look like after being imprisoned in a mental asylum.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 162
9/25/2013 15:02:24   
TheSage

and people were complaining about Nulgath not "fixing" the Mana Guardian's look and keeping it as close to the original as can be lol

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
9/25/2013 15:49:09   
DeathGuard

@TheSage: He did it as the original concept, but people were expecting for Nulgath to add more details on the armor, not change the plates, and other parts of the designs. That's why it feels rushed, compared to Witch Blade, Fiend of Vergill, Aqueous, and the other suggestion characters.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 164
9/25/2013 16:57:16   
TheSage

@DeathGuard - umm..... no all the previous contest winners in the art section had more detail so the end result has more detail, don't believe me then take a look at these.
https://twitter.com/MindseyeAE/status/344764487829712896 - Aqueous
http://oversoul.artix.com/images/preview/OS-Contest-Vergil_Aqw.jpg - Virgil
http://oversoul.artix.com/images/preview/OS-Contest-Shaister.jpg - Witch Blade
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 165
9/25/2013 17:19:55   
DeathGuard

@The Sage: I said adding details for Mana Guardian, not for the other ones.
The setback btw the original and current in-games is amazing. Normally the suggestions are mid lvl, but Nulgath did a great job on those 3. Mana Guardian was just copied from original, it didn't was tweaked like most expected.

FoV: Improve whole face, the area within his hips and torso. Added 1 semicape and 1 cape.
WitchBlade: Hilt on daggers were fixed, giving them a deadlier look which caused the whole impact on the character, same as position of hands and legs. Face was given an OS style.

Aqueous: Taking a look at this, seems like Migo gave the flash file to Nulgath. Rune and shading are exactly the same so I omit this character of the discussion.

Now to Mana Guardian: Mana flow was animated. The leg's plate were changed. About deck, we could also say that is poor combined withing the elements.
quote:

It works with a bit of luck
Somebody mentioned that but it is the truth.

If they couldn't invest time, why hurry on putting it in-game? It is better to keep it on future releases and giving a nice look and deck than to rushed it, put it in-game, and some players feel unsatisfied with such. I really expected that Nulgath would show more potential of Blackshock's concept but it wasn't that way.

EDIT: If you will say OS needed a release and some characters, this release didn't change nothing. People got the characters, trained them, logout and stopped playing. It was a mere distraction.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 9/25/2013 17:23:29 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 166
9/25/2013 18:36:22   
Beck

@DeathGuard
So you know how Queen Aegea is a total wall, to the point where even Black Dragons can rarely beat her? Well my Queen Aegea got creamed by a Mana Guardian, 3 times. Didn't matter who went first. Oh, and my opponent didn't even CC in extra shields or whatever.
The Mana Guardian has a very well put together deck. That combination of DoTs and high attack power makes his damage output phenomenal, and having used him myself, I feel he doesn't require all that much more luck than other characters to be "good". All in all, I'd say he's a very solid character.

Also, I personally liked the final design. Any disappointment I felt with the relatively simple design were overshadowed by the fun animations, which were all original. I'd say that Nulgath spent the appropriate amount of time on it.

EDIT:
@below
Yes, exactly! I battled a level 20, and I had way more trouble against it than against just Fire or Lightning characters. Also, my own Mana Guardian is level 20 as well, so I've seen both sides his abilities xD

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 9/25/2013 18:43:26 >
AQW  Post #: 167
9/25/2013 18:41:25   
The Jop

You need to get your Mana Guardian to a higher level to really make use of its energy cards. At lower levels it would be better as just a fire character.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 168
9/25/2013 19:04:32   
DeathGuard

@Beck: I have never used Aegea, just caught it.
About Mana Guardian I try to used it and the hands were just dumped on being unused. In my opinion, deck isn't that good. I find Arcane Ranger*(being one of the strongest dual characters currently in-game, imo) to be more solid than Mana Guardian's base. Also we must take into account that even if there's no elemental advantage, some elements's card effects have advantage over some elements. We should have Mana Guardian fighting all of the elements instead of just 1 element taking into evidence.

I'm not disappointed with design, rather unsatisfied about how its potential was not used to create a more attractive character.
EDIT: I'm not saying it is a fact, I'm giving my opinion on what I feel from Mana Guardian.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 9/25/2013 19:15:30 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 169
9/25/2013 19:30:22   
Kiazz

So wait, your Aegea was defeated 3 times by a vanilla mana guardian? Is this the same MG we're talking about here? ._.
Post #: 170
9/25/2013 22:56:19   
Megadragonknight

Well, I don't really see a major changes of Mana Guardian's design which is really fine for me. Beside, Blackshock seems to be satisfied with how Nulgath's redrew MG. MG's deck is really good and useful at high level. Put some fire CC in his deck and he will be even better. Right now, whats more important is to wait for future gameplay update once Omni project is release.
Post #: 171
9/26/2013 0:00:50   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Randomly wondering if the Goddess of Frost will get her chance to make a appearance this winter and if BD and VR will be taken out of the SG packages for new characters on the anniversary.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 172
9/26/2013 1:38:23   
Megadragonknight

@Axel
Possibility of Goddness of Frost to appear in this year soulmas AKA frostval is very likely to happen. Frost Queen was released during the CC Ice series 1 even though we thought she would be a promo character. So, we can expect Goddness of Frost to be release for this year soulmas. I am not sure about the next promo characters to replace BD and VR though.
Post #: 173
9/26/2013 2:10:08   
clintonian

my luck today is awesome!!! http://prntscr.com/1tiwjy http://prntscr.com/1tiwqw http://prntscr.com/1tix3d nice gold packs

< Message edited by clintonian -- 9/26/2013 2:15:04 >
Post #: 174
9/26/2013 2:14:27   
BJEBLE

You got Incinerate, a card which I don't even have though I spent like 12 SG on packs(I did get really good other cards though), and you got in a gold pack.Of course, I got my 1 Earthquake in a gold pack, the rest of which were 204s, so I have good luck too.
DF  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 132 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 7 of 30«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition