Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2015 11:06:55   
Branl

^That's why we have the show/hide button :D

< Message edited by Branl -- 3/22/2015 11:07:18 >
AQ DF  Post #: 51
3/22/2015 11:10:50   
DarkLore

True. But I like being able to match my class with gear. I rarely ever hide anything unless I actually want to see my character's face.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/22/2015 11:12:35   
crabpeople

Ash: Alright. That's pretty much all I have to say at the moment. I'll be back once I test the changes you're going to make and after you post the skill breakdown.

At the moment the revamp looks good to me and fitting the pirate style.

Request: Can you add/change a skill for a stacking one? Something like the Long winter skill from IBR. I don't have any argument to defend this request. It's just the interest of seeing a skill of this style.

Edit: Hijacking Ash's Brain? Done meh heh heh

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/22/2015 11:30:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
3/22/2015 11:14:55   
Branl

You can show items you aren't using, you don't only have to hide them.
Unless I misunderstood your post.

< Message edited by Branl -- 3/22/2015 11:15:13 >
AQ DF  Post #: 54
3/22/2015 11:20:32   
Ash

quote:

Request: Can you add/change a skill for a stacking one? Something like the Long winter skill from IBR. I don't have any argument to defend this request. It's just the interest of seeing a skill of this style.

That's, funny enough, what Avast originally was going to do. Same cooldown/duration as now but it would have started at -5 Boost / -10 Bonus and increased by amount on use up to -20/-40. It seemed to take to long to build up to an actual reasonable nerf so I changed it to the current one so you could always have at least 1 nerf set up and going.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
3/22/2015 11:26:15   
DarkLore

Branl, I was just reffering to the fact that a lot of people missed out on the Dread Pirate Mask. The ninja one came back. So it makes sense that the dread pirate mask should too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
3/22/2015 11:43:53   
riftspirit4ever

I have a question about the Plunder skill. When it says like "took 30 gold from foe" or "part of foes armor stolen" do those items actually show up in inventory? Also, what does the "To the Plank!" skill do, because I think it does relatively low damage even compared to the attack button.

< Message edited by riftspirit4ever -- 3/22/2015 11:55:45 >
DF MQ  Post #: 57
3/22/2015 11:47:16   
dsicarii

@riftspirit Part of foes' armor stolen = debuff to them when I was playing with the class earlier this morning. -15 to all elemental resistances.
The gold, yes, it adds it to your gold total. You can also get health/mana potions (stacked up to 4 from my testing, then it stopped plundering any more of those).
DF  Post #: 58
3/22/2015 11:48:28   
Ash

Plunder has 4 potential options.

quote:

Will randomly do one of the following
- a Health potion unless you have 4. (If you have 4 this won't be attempted)
- a Mana potion unless you have 4. (If you have 4 this won't be attempted)
- grant you (your level / 2 * (1-5)) Gold
- -15 All for 5 turns. (Stolen Armor)

The gold is added to the amount you get when you finish the quest. The Stolen Armor makes your foe take more damage from all elements for a few turns.

The Walk the Plank skill lowers your foes damage. I've updated the skill description a bit to make that more apparent so that will go in when I finish a few other things. It does do a little bit less than a normal attack because it's lowering your opponent's amount of damage that they can do to you. It's a trade off.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
3/22/2015 11:54:54   
riftspirit4ever

Alright guys, thanks for clearing that up, and I am so glad that the pirate class is up and running better than ever. So, thanks for an awesome update from the DF Team!
DF MQ  Post #: 60
3/22/2015 14:57:31   
Dragonknight315

I really enjoy this armor. ._. I can't really find much wrong with it. It seems like each skill has some use. It is just so much fun to play around with!

While I don't use Backstab that often, I can imagine that it would be really useful in some situations. Regardless, I just love that you can weaken the opponent while still doing a good portion of damage.

Question, though. Is Backstab's damage dependent on your weapon or your enemies?

@below If that is the case, I'm not sure how I feel about the skill. Again, I can see it's use, but considering a lot of monsters I know deal low damage, I wish it was 20% of your damage or 25% of the enemies.

Also, I know someone has said this before, but while I do like the DOT on Flintlock, I wish it either did more damage, lasted longer, or maybe had a different effect. Perhaps increase their resistances like plunder does or lower their defense? (In both cases, status could be "Off Guard" or "Scared" to some sort)

Another suggestion. (Man, I am editing this post a lot) I'm not sure if this would be fair or not to the Ninja users, but perhaps Dread Pirate could be a stronger version of the regular? I know you said that it would have the same skills, but perhaps just higher damage or stronger debuffs?

< Message edited by Dragonknight315 -- 3/22/2015 15:11:06 >

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 61
3/22/2015 15:01:57   
crabpeople

Your enemies weapon damage. I believe it's around the 20%. So it's recomended with high damage enemies and only after you build your defense to maximize the effect.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 62
3/22/2015 15:18:52   
Ash

quote:

Backstab -> Sea Legs and you do 20% of your damage x number of enemy hits done. It's giving you damage output on a turn where you'd normally be taking none so in essence a "reflect" skill like Pumpkinlord's or Ninja's.

The damage reflect amount may change a bit when I get some testing done on multi hit enemies but it's your damage range not your opponents.

quote:

Also, I know someone has said this before, but while I do like the DOT on Flintlock, I wish it either did more damage, lasted longer, or maybe had a different effect. Perhaps increase their resistances like plunder does or lower their defense? (In both cases, status could be "Off Guard" or "Scared" to some sort)

If you clear your cache and close/re-open the browser the new version should be up. Flintlock is the "spam" skill now and I redid a few of the skills cooldowns and such to make a rotation a bit easier to find. I had one built in but I changed some of it around to fit the new cooldowns.

quote:

Another suggestion. (Man, I am editing this post a lot) I'm not sure if this would be fair or not to the Ninja users, but perhaps Dread Pirate could be a stronger version of the regular? I know you said that it would have the same skills, but perhaps just higher damage or stronger debuffs?

I'm very reluctant to do that as it would mean the Ninja's don't get one even though they won the war and were supposed to get the "better" rewards. A trinket and some higher level NDA items don't equal a second class that's stronger. I also don't have the time with what's coming up in the next couple of weeks to do the same for Ninja to try and even it out so it's most likely just going to be an art variant with the same skills.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/22/2015 15:20:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
3/22/2015 15:20:13   
Dragonknight315

@Ash Thank you! I figured as much. Worth a shot. (No pun intended. XD)

Edit: Just tested spam. I LOVE IT! It does a bit more than the basic attack spread across two shots. I always liked skills like this. It gives you a choice between the Cannon and the Pistols. With the pistols, it's much faster and you have a higher chance of getting a Crit between the two. However, the cannon does one hit, and if it Crit, it deals more damage than if you Crit with both shots. It's a nice risk and reward choice.

Actually, just did some minor testing. Cannon usually does more damage without the Crit than if you Crit with both hits of Spam. I still love it though as it gives a very fast attack. You'd figure a cannon would DEFINITLY do more damage.

< Message edited by Dragonknight315 -- 3/22/2015 15:29:24 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 64
3/22/2015 15:51:43   
raylas

Oh... I think I'm in love here. This class is SO much fun to us, it's basically license to troll the enemy into oblivion. I thought technomancer was fun, this class is the troll button, and I'm loving every second of it.

I don't think I've had this much fun since Cryptic came out!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
3/23/2015 13:00:54   
Infamous Immortal

I know this is a discussion thread, but all I have to say is awesome job Ash! I really enjoyed every aspect of this class and I think you really made the abilities very Pirate-y! Thanks!
Post #: 66
3/23/2015 13:05:15   
Ash

quote:

Attack
125% damage

1. Sea Legs
+200 Block / Parry for 2 turns.

2. Dirty Trick
125% damage
Stuns target for 3 turns.

3. Quick Shot
Multi
130% damage to all foes.

4. Help From The Locker
55% damage each hit over 3 hits for 165% damage total with a 100% chance to Crit.

5. Summon Crackers
100% damage
Lowers enemy Bonus by -30 for 3 turns.

6. Lime-Aid
Heals for 10% max health immediately and then 5% each turn for 2 more turns for a 20% total healing effect.

7. Fury of the High Seas
+25 Boost for 6 Turns
80% damage

8. Backstab
+80 Dodge for 4 turns
For the next 4 turns, if the opponent misses you, will deal damage equal to 20% of your weapon damage each miss.
(This may be adjusted down but the average number of hits over the game is 2-3 so you'd be doing about 120% damage on average over two turns with the Backstab->Sealegs combo.)

9. To the Plank
120% damage
-20 Boost for 4 turns to foe.

10. Avast!
120% damage
-20 Bonus, -20 Boost nerf for 4 turns

11. Target Practice
110% damage
+15 Bonus to you for 4 turns.
-15 Bonus to foe for 4 turns.

12. Flintlock
170% damage

13. Fire the Broad Sides!
230-310% damage. (It randomly picks a % in that range every use)
10% chance to stun

14. Plunder
45% damage
Will randomly do one of the following
- a Health potion unless you have 4.
- a Mana potion unless you have 4.
- grants you (your level / 2 * (1-5)) Gold. (Added to quest pool of total amount earned)
- -15 All for 5 turns.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/25/2015 15:13:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
3/23/2015 13:10:00   
  Starflame13

This class is a lot of fun! I especially like the idea that we can steal potions and other stuff from our opponents, though it doesn't seem like the rate at which you steal items is the same for each item (for example, stealing bits of armor 5 or 6 times in a row). A comment on that skill, even if you miss with Plunder you still steal something from you opponent, don't know if that was done or purpose or not.

My only complaint is that it lacks a single MAJOR MEGA POWERFUL attack, like DragonHeart (or possibly DragonEye) from the DL class or the Ascend skill for Ascendant, both of which could do 500+ damage, although some type of prior hit was usually necessary. Basically, there's no single skill that's a guaranteed OHKO for, say, the average monster in a war wave (that seems a good way to judge).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
3/23/2015 13:45:53   
deather98

@starflame use plunder then cannon if it steals part of armor
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 69
3/23/2015 13:57:42   
crabpeople

Starflame13: Well all that you mentioned are t3 classes and pirate is t2.
The crit is ok for a t2. It's a bit stronger than ninja crit and a bit weaker than necro crit.

I'll do further tests today or tomorrow. Especially the damage tests (I don't think I'm going to cry as much as ninja) . And later the survivability.

Edit: Btw the average number of hits over the game being 2-3... I think that range gets increased a lot by counting the bosses. Because most of the enemies you encounter do 1 hit or maybe 2. So yeah I think that skill needs a little buff in damage and 1 or 2 extra turns of duration. Just think for example that shadowhunter has a 1 turn 225% counter. It should be something similar to that and then profitable vs bosses that do lots of hits (bad luck dr when barely misses, I'll prolly check Razen AlGhoul or whatever he's called ).

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/23/2015 14:05:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
3/23/2015 13:59:45   
  Starflame13

Ahh, right, crabpeople, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you ^^ And to deather, too.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
3/23/2015 14:18:12   
deather98

I'd like it to have a skill or trinket that uses a galleon to attack as a final move. Make it a multihit move or one large hit after all the images of the cannonballs hit.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 72
3/23/2015 14:21:11   
Ash

Just like the other revamps I have to use the art that's there so adding it in is a bit tricky at this point. I can possibly, at a later date like as another Pirate vs Ninja war reward, add a trinket that uses the "Booty Sniffer" ship to do that...but as of now that would undermine the Ninja's war win.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
3/23/2015 16:19:29   
RebeccaDm

Not sure if its a bug or not, but here's my testing fighting extreme arrghus whose damage is 487-973

Sealeg + backstab combo on the multiple hit Arrrghus attack reflected over 900 damage. The weapon i equiped at that time was grandmaster staff.

After switching to the default test blade, the damage by backstab did not decrease at all, with 900 hp left Arrrghus still killed himself on the next multi-hit attack

Therefore, based on this current testing, the damage reflected by backstab is not based on your own weapon damage, but based on your opponent's damage as well as number of hits he do
Post #: 74
3/23/2015 16:20:52   
Ash

Ah, I think I missed changed one part of the coding around. Will fix that.

It should be up. Requires a Cache Clear and Browser close/reopen.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/23/2015 16:25:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition