Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/23/2015 16:39:19   
RebeccaDm

Yep, damage looks right now, and Arrghus isn't killing himself anymore
Post #: 76
3/23/2015 18:34:37   
walker of the rift

Really like the plunder skill really useful

The backstab doesn't seem to be working (this is probably old news)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
3/23/2015 18:50:14   
Ash

It's reflecting 20 damage on each miss with a 100-100 testing weapon for me. I'm not sure if it's just not as noticible with normal weapons?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 78
3/23/2015 19:02:02   
crabpeople

Alright... Damage test: Extreme cursed skeleton: (All tests with the same equipment. Crit rate: 43%. Also all tests going full offensive strategy).
Attempt 1: 26 turns
Attempt 2: 27 turns

Other t2 classes:

ShadowHunter: 18 turns (going full offensive)
Necromancer: 17 turns (Got lucky with the crits and summons).
Ninja: 23 turns. 2nd try: 24 turns. (didn't use the ninja trinket else It would have been 2 turns less or somethign like that).

Well Well... Thing I gotta say:

Offensive aspect and skills

-Class needs damage. Not much as I complained back then with the ninja class but it needs a small buff in general. Maybe upgrading the skills damage to 125% like the basic atack and flintlock to 170% might do the trick. Also the powerboost to 30% like technomancer.

-Something must be done with Backstab. Seriously. Using it gives nothing in return and in case you happen to avoid 2 hits per turn, you end up doing 120% weapon damage. Damage that can't crit or be increased by ele weakness (I think). Why would use this over a basic attack? And In case you happen to encounter an enemie that attacks with lots of hits, what warrantee do you have to avoid most of the hits? Because Pirate defenses lack in comparisson with ninja defenses. So that makes me think of 2 solutions:

1- Swap Backstab with Walk within the Shadows from pirate. Ninja defenses are more centered to protect itself while Pirate defenses are more centered about nerfing the enemy. That makes ninja a better candidate for backstab because it's defenses are more effective and the skill would be actually useful at mult battles because ninja is better at self defense. While Pirate would benefit more with a "trade blows" skill like Walk within because it has a heal and -powerboost skills.

2-In case you want to keep Backstab. It needs a serious buff. Mainly 3 factors: %damage returned, Duration and a side effect once is casted (like ninja Vanish skill that gives you some dodge while performing it's function of enabling shadow strike).

-The other skill that I find "useless" is target practice. You know that +bonus skills aren't great outside hard mode and low levels. The buff isn't great either (+25 hit) and the damage is lower than a basic attakc. So same reasoning as Backstab; Why would I spend mana into this?.

Defensive aspect of the class:

I find the defenses to be dissapointing compared to other t2 classes. How are you seeing pirate? Offensive,defensive or hybrid? I think it goes to hybrid like Technomancer and FMA.

The issue I find is: In order to build a good defense, You either need stronger effects or lower cooldowns to keep atleast 1 of the debuffs going on.

Review:

So it all ends up coming with the comparissons... I remember complaining about ninja about why would I use it over technomancer. Version 14 changes proved me wrong and Ninja is an untouchable monster that offers a decent sustained damage (change decent to good in case you use a BM build).

Now the same comes to pirate. Why would I use it over Technomancer? Techno has a better and longer boost, Table has more duration and does a -25 nerf. And while Techno doesn't have fire broad the sides and flintlock as damage sources, it makes up for it with managrenades and overclock. Defensive aspect? Techno has better stun potential, a better shield, and while it has worse blind and powerboost debuff potential, it makes up for it with the rewind.

Edit: We'll retake the discussion tomorrow. Just in case you're waiting an answer from me.

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/23/2015 19:56:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 79
3/23/2015 19:34:56   
Ash

quote:

-Class needs damage. Not much as I complained back then with the ninja class but it needs a small buff in general. Maybe upgrading the skills damage to 125% like the basic atack and flintlock to 170% might do the trick. Also the powerboost to 30% like technomancer.

Mana costs will change a bit to reflect that as flat nerfs are decently costly even without increasing the damage of the skills and a 1 turn spam gains mana faster than a longer duration skill like Broad Sides. I can change it to be a direct copy of Techno's boost if you want.

quote:

-Something must be done with Backstab. Seriously. Using it gives nothing in return

Opinion, and a rather pointed one at that as others have said it's a neat idea.

I was trying to go for a different take on the Pumpkinlord thorn cover that would provide a different type of utility. Using a high damage weapon would give you a larger benefit as well as if you take on anything that does 3+ hits per attack your damage instantly skyrockets. Pumpkinlord gets the benefit of a holiday bonus where as Pirate does not and there is the main issue. I can't totally buff it because you're not getting comped for the damage or cooldown in the mana costs or cooldown with Pirate. If you want me to add something like Dodge to it that I can do for less of a mana cost increase than trying to buff the damage of the hit back.

quote:

-The other skill that I find "useless" is target practice. You know that +bonus skills aren't great outside hard mode and low levels. The buff isn't great either (+25 hit) and the damage is lower than a basic attakc. So same reasoning as Backstab; Why would I spend mana into this?.

Again, seriously, opinions. Bosses do nerf your BtH and it's effective at countering certain statuses. It's also a flat increase which benefits all skills whereas if I just made it the "I can't miss" skill only that skill would benefit.

quote:

How are you seeing pirate? Offensive,defensive or hybrid? I think it goes to hybrid like Technomancer and FMA.

It's a Hybrid.

quote:

The issue I find is: In order to build a good defense, You either need stronger effects or lower cooldowns to keep atleast 1 of the debuffs going on.

Avast says hello. 3 turn duration, 3 turn cooldown. Can always be kept up. You're meant to stack your effects on top of that to gain an advantage and then pressure the foe if they drop off and you're waiting on a cooldown to reapply.

quote:

Now the same comes to pirete. Why would I use it over Technomancer? Techno has a better and longer boost, Table has more duration and does a -25 nerf. And while Techno doesn't have fire broad the sides and flintlock as damage sources, it makes up for it with managrenades and overclock. Defensive aspect? Techno has better stun potential, a better shield, and while it has worse blind and powerboost debuff potential, it makes up for it with the rewind.

And once you blow the rewind you're stuck and your DPT drops. Plunder's main focus isn't giving you the nerf, it's the potions to keep you alive, the nerf is extra in case you're at the potion cap. Pirate can give consistent nerfs to avoid damage while still outputting a decent amount. It's meant to be a nerf class and at tier 2 it's a bit limited in terms of what the upper limit of those can be without dipping into tier 3 costs. It's kind of the same issue Techno has with its stuns having either a lower duration or a %ile chance to occur. You're paying for having that ability.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 80
3/24/2015 7:21:49   
Princess Shiki

Is this question out of place in this thread? I'm not sure.

But I happened to click on my character "page", the thing that shows resistances, with nothing equipped. There are some pretty weird resistances... I have a -1001 to Truelove, 80 to Ninjas, -500 to Loots, and -300 to Plunder. Are those gameplay altering or are they just "weird"?
Post #: 81
3/24/2015 7:31:32   
Azan

It's Ash's funny touch on the revamps. He usually adds crazy resistances to non-existing elements (I recall Paladin had -500 to Untied Shoes) when the class is in testing. You can also check the testing blade's description, it's usually funny.
Post #: 82
3/24/2015 8:40:29   
Princess Shiki

Oh that makes sense now. I guess developers have to get their kicks in harmless ways I am totally behind DmK->Angler plz do it

Back to Pirate discussion. I'm really having fun. I understand that it's not going to be as overwhelmingly offensive as classes such as DK and Riftwalker, but I like the class as a fun alternative to the Ascendant I usually roll. Oh they're still alive after I shot them twice, I guess I have to use this GIANT CANNON THAT COMES OUT OF NOWHERE

Hmm maybe I like this class because I like flintlock pistols and GIANT CANNONS
Post #: 83
3/24/2015 10:02:21   
mahasamatman

The Avast & plank debuffs are very weak, should be improved.

A nice class overall, but not very exciting. Obviously not very powerful, but it serves its purpose- being fun(ny) to use, while having moderate power.
Weaker than ninja. It will need some final touch, but of course, that's what testing is for.

< Message edited by mahasamatman -- 3/24/2015 10:23:31 >

His followers called him Mahasamatman, and claimed he was a god.
He never claimed to be a god, but then, he never claimed not to be a god.
Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit.
Silence, though, could.
DF  Post #: 84
3/24/2015 10:15:40   
Ash

What, in your opinion, would be "improved" debuffs that are fitting for a tier 2 class? Keep in mind mana costs as well as the tier the class is.

You state it's weaker, how would you improve it to be better but still within the tier?

If you want to give feedback that's fine, but give full feedback please not "it's weaker." How do you want to see it fixed?

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/24/2015 10:27:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 85
3/24/2015 10:25:33   
mahasamatman

quote:

how would you improve it to be better but still within the tier?

avast does have a short cooldown, but the effect is very small, and you spend a third of your turns to keep it up.

at the least, avast should give -25 (or go for 4 turns), and i think plank should stay 20% (or 15%) but go for 5-6 turns.

the mana cost might go up a bit, or it could come with a disadvantage- perhaps reducing your emeny's BTH and boost by 25% and yours by 10%.
a skill that gives both you and your enemy a disadvantage (that you can overcome with buffs and BTH skills) could be cool.
DF  Post #: 86
3/24/2015 10:27:16   
Ash

There we go.

4 turn effect and CD would work on Avast with no change to the mana cost since it's a built in "Always on" and a class can have one without to much of an issue.

Increasing Plank to 5 turns without increasing the cooldown means the mana cost ups from 24 to 29. 6 turns with no cooldown adjust is 36 (duration = cooldown at that point) If I upped the cooldown one turn for every turn gained on the effect I can sorta keep the MP cost the same. It would increase 1 point per increased duration/cooldown so 5 duration, 8CD is 25MP and 6 duration 9CD is 26 MP. Either one of those would work but the less mana option might be better.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 87
3/24/2015 10:52:22   
mahasamatman

quote:

4 turn effect and CD would work on Avast with no change to the mana cost since it's a built in "Always on" and a class can have one without to much of an issue.

Increasing Plank to 5 turns without increasing the cooldown means the mana cost ups from 24 to 29. 6 turns with no cooldown adjust is 36 (duration = cooldown at that point) If I upped the cooldown one turn for every turn gained on the effect I can sorta keep the MP cost the same. It would increase 1 point per increased duration/cooldown so 5 duration, 8CD is 25MP and 6 duration 9CD is 26 MP. Either one of those would work but the less mana option might be better.

seems very fair. that way it's not really powerful (not useful for short fights), but very effective.
the class seems well-balanced overall, though more effecient on long battles (as with ninja).

question: what king of items can you steal with plunder? I saw only healing potions, and i suppose there are mana potions. how about adding gold (in small amounts)?
DF  Post #: 88
3/24/2015 11:03:16   
Ash

quote:

14. Plunder
85% damage
Will randomly do one of the following
- a Health potion unless you have 4.
- a Mana potion unless you have 4.
- grants you (your level / 2 * (1-5)) Gold. (Added to quest pool of total amount earned)
- -15 All for 5 turns.

The stats are on the previous page. I kept the potions and gold from the original plunder and added in the -15 All "armor steal" so there's several options.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 89
3/24/2015 11:44:01   
Princess Shiki

Ash, I'm not sure if you've answered this (if you have, I'm sorry) but are the Plunder chances equal? Like, if I had 2 HP Pots and 2 MP pots, would it be a 25% chance for each? If I had 4 HP Pots and 2 MP Pots, would it be a 33.3% chance?
Post #: 90
3/24/2015 12:03:09   
crabpeople

Alright Ash im ready for round 2. ding ding!

quote:

quote:

Mana costs will change a bit to reflect that as flat nerfs are decently costly even without increasing the damage of the skills and a 1 turn spam gains mana faster than a longer duration skill like Broad Sides. I can change it to be a direct copy of Techno's boost if you want.

Well that means:

Damage: 90% to 80%
Cooldown: 10 to 11
Duration: 7 to 10
Effect: 25 to 30
Mana cost: 25 to 25

So who would say no to that? Same mana cost for a slightly weaker blow but with higher duration and effect? Sure go ahead and change it.

quote:

quote:

-Something must be done with Backstab. Seriously. Using it gives nothing in return

Opinion, and a rather pointed one at that as others have said it's a neat idea.

I was trying to go for a different take on the Pumpkinlord thorn cover that would provide a different type of utility. Using a high damage weapon would give you a larger benefit as well as if you take on anything that does 3+ hits per attack your damage instantly skyrockets. Pumpkinlord gets the benefit of a holiday bonus where as Pirate does not and there is the main issue. I can't totally buff it because you're not getting comped for the damage or cooldown in the mana costs or cooldown with Pirate. If you want me to add something like Dodge to it that I can do for less of a mana cost increase than trying to buff the damage of the hit back.

Well Thorn cover works the same as mage/asc shield or shadow hunter reflect skills. "If I get hit you take X damage". This skill is the oposite "If I don't get hit you take X".
3hits+ per attack the damage skyrockets... Well in case you find enemies like these (only bosses cuz as I said, most of the normal enemies do 1 or 2 hits), What warrantee do you have to avoid most of those attacks to make that damage effective? The class can only do a weak permablind on the enemie (I'll get to this point later on another quote). Sure you can go with something like: Sea Legs->Backstab->Crackers (shield fades)-> Avast. But if you go with that you rely on trading blows for the rest of the turns till you have one of the blinds/shields up (mitigating with plank and lime but...).

Well after saying all of this yeh. I insist that something has to be done. The skill right now is even more situational than the +bonus skill. If you don't want to increase the damage go for 1 extra turn and some added dodge for an extra at the mana cost.

quote:

quote:

Again, seriously, opinions. Bosses do nerf your BtH and it's effective at countering certain statuses. It's also a flat increase which benefits all skills whereas if I just made it the "I can't miss" skill only that skill would benefit.

Fair point. Then I suggest to empower the role of the skill by decreasing the duration from 4 turns to 3 while increasing the effect to +35hit. If you want to add 1 or 2 points of extra mana cost go ahead.

quote:

quote:

Avast says hello. 3 turn duration, 3 turn cooldown. Can always be kept up. You're meant to stack your effects on top of that to gain an advantage and then pressure the foe if they drop off and you're waiting on a cooldown to reapply.

Yeh you're right. You need to the plank because you can't have the enemy on permablind for 1 turn (If crackers had 1 less turn of cd then it would be possible). Then if the idea of a permaweak blind is not possible because is not the way of playing pirate, I would suggest a buff on the powerboost nerf of to the plank from -20 to -30 and dropping 1 turn of duartion (so it ends up being the same: -20x3 to -30x2).

quote:

quote:

Now the same comes to pirete. Why would I use it over Technomancer? Techno has a better and longer boost, Table has more duration and does a -25 nerf. And while Techno doesn't have fire broad the sides and flintlock as damage sources, it makes up for it with managrenades and overclock. Defensive aspect? Techno has better stun potential, a better shield, and while it has worse blind and powerboost debuff potential, it makes up for it with the rewind.

And once you blow the rewind you're stuck and your DPT drops. Plunder's main focus isn't giving you the nerf, it's the potions to keep you alive, the nerf is extra in case you're at the potion cap. Pirate can give consistent nerfs to avoid damage while still outputting a decent amount. It's meant to be a nerf class and at tier 2 it's a bit limited in terms of what the upper limit of those can be without dipping into tier 3 costs. It's kind of the same issue Techno has with its stuns having either a lower duration or a %ile chance to occur. You're paying for having that ability.

Sorry but I'm not buying that. The move can be cast once every 20 turns! which is once per battle most likely. If you're saying that having 2 extra potions is an advantatge exclusive from pirate well... you can just farm to 4 potions and change the class when you end a quest. Or use a base class and get more potions with the scrap artifact.

After looking at the mana costs (somehting I didn't care to look at yesterday). I sugggest the following:

Skills (some I didn't mention at the previous quotes)

-Sea Legs duration from 2 turns to 3.
Reasoning: You agreed that Pirate is an hybrid class. Techno and FMA have a M/P/M shield and remember that 1 point of m/p/m= 2 points of d/p/b. Clearly it comes at a price so I'm willing to accept 1 turn of extra cooldown and a mana cost from 15 to 18.
The idea is to make it more effective with backstab.

-Dirty trick: I'll say that ninja stun costs 20 mana instead of 23 and attempts to stun 3 times while having the same damage. I just leave it there...

-Plunder: Needs a change. You either increase the mana cost and cut the cooldown to half or keep the same cooldown, a slightly higher mana cost and you empower the effects.

And in addition the gold bounty from Plunder needs a buff. Yeh a buff at the cost of nothing. I'm proposing: 50 base gold + (your level / 2 * (1-5)). Yeh I'm saying that it should give you 50extra gold everytime the gold bounty procs.
Why? let's say that it's hard for new players to get a nice amount of gold without grinding for it (potion mastery,bounty hutner quests...). For players from lv1 to 30. Gold is a valuable resource. Especially in case they want a doom weapon or grow their dragon.

I remind you that old pirate+rogue pickpokcet had a chance to give you 200 gold (If I recall correctly). Yes it's a fixed amount but it was a lot for new players. The skill now is scaled acording to your level and gold is pretty useless for high leveled players as you know.

On the final note and making reference ot the last argument. I would like to request a passive for pirate. Something like "you earn 5% or 10% extra gold while using this class". I don't think you'll take this seriously because ninjas won the war but... hey pirates are all about the bootie right?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 91
3/24/2015 12:05:45   
Ash

quote:

Ash, I'm not sure if you've answered this (if you have, I'm sorry) but are the Plunder chances equal? Like, if I had 2 HP Pots and 2 MP pots, would it be a 25% chance for each? If I had 4 HP Pots and 2 MP Pots, would it be a 33.3% chance?

Yep! I can fiddle with the amounts if you guys want to make potions have more of a chance to appear unless you're capped on one though.

quote:

Yeh you're right. You need to the plank because you can't have the enemy on permablind for 1 turn (If crackers had 1 less turn of cd then it would be possible). Then if the idea of a permaweak blind is not possible because is not the way of playing pirate, I would suggest a buff on the powerboost nerf of to the plank from -20 to -30 and dropping 1 turn of duartion (so it ends up being the same: -20x3 to -30x2).

See above discussion about this that I just had about an hour ago to see what I'm looking at doing.

quote:

Sorry but I'm not buying that. The move can be cast once every 20 turns! which is once per battle most likely. If you're saying that having 2 extra potions is an advantatge exclusive from pirate well... you can just farm to 4 potions and change the class when you end a quest. Or use a base class and get more potions with the scrap artifact.

Don't buy it if you want but you use it during the quest to max out your potions then during the boss fight if you need another one. Not every skill is going to be perfect and optimal in every single fight at every moment. Plunder is a setup in quest / use in boss fight if needed skill just like Taunt on DoomKnight.

quote:

-Sea Legs duration from 2 turns to 3.
Reasoning: You agreed that Pirate is an hybrid class. Techno and FMA have a M/P/M shield and remember that 1 point of m/p/m= 2 points of d/p/b. Clearly it comes at a price so I'm willing to accept 1 turn of extra cooldown and a mana cost from 15 to 18.
The idea is to make it more effective with backstab.

That would cost more than 3 mana and 1 more cooldown.

quote:

-Dirty trick: I'll say that ninja stun costs 20 mana instead of 23 and attempts to stun 3 times while having the same damage. I just leave it there...

The amount of hits doesn't factor in to the cost. I'll buff Ninja's stun to 23 because I missed that for some reason.

quote:

-Plunder: Needs a change. You either increase the mana cost and cut the cooldown to half or keep the same cooldown, a slightly higher mana cost and you empower the effects.

And in addition the gold bounty from Plunder needs a buff. Yeh a buff at the cost of nothing. I'm proposing: 50 base gold + (your level / 2 * (1-5)). Yeh I'm saying that it should give you 50extra gold everytime the gold bounty procs.
Why? let's say that it's hard for new players to get a nice amount of gold without grinding for it (potion mastery,bounty hutner quests...). For players from lv1 to 30. Gold is a valuable resource. Especially in case they want a doom weapon or grow their dragon.

And why, and I'll be blunt, should I buff a skill that grants gold when for the majority of the game gold is worthless. Look at any player above level 50 that does a reasonable amount of quests to level. You have so much gold that unless you're purposefully retraining your stats all the time or buying a doom weapon every 6 levels you don't need gold. Secondarily Guest Dragon and a Doom Weapon are luxury items just like the DM items and as such have a higher cost to get. If I increase gold gains too much then I have to buff the gold cost of all gold luxury items to accommodate for those level bracket items. This is padding to maintain the flavor of the old skill. I can totally take the gold gains out because it's a worthless addition in the grand scheme of the skill taking away from the potion chance or the nerf. It's thematic and fun for a pirate to steal gold but it's a worthless currency.

quote:

I remind you that old pirate+rogue pickpokcet had a chance to give you 200 gold (If I recall correctly). Yes it's a fixed amount but it was a lot for new players. The skill now is scaled acording to your level and gold is pretty useless for high leveled players as you know.

So you're making the argument that gold is useless for high level players but want low level players to have an abundance? No. I'm flat out saying no to this because it's a flawed concept. Leveling only slows down dramatically at level 70. Before that if you do even a minimum amount of quests gold income is fine to get everything you want by level 45ish. If a player can't wait that long I'm not going to introduce a skill to totally take away patience. That's what DC's are for.

quote:

On the final note and making reference ot the last argument. I would like to request a passive for pirate. Something like "you earn 5% or 10% extra gold while using this class". I don't think you'll take this seriously because ninjas won the war but... hey pirates are all about the bootie right?

No. If Pirate's had won I'd consider it. You are not getting a passive on a class whos side lost the war. I already said that previously.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/24/2015 12:20:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 92
3/24/2015 12:29:58   
Princess Shiki

I don't want Plunder to change, I think it's fine the way it is. I was just confirming a theory.

But DANG, there is a lot of work balancing skill effects with mana costs. Didn't think it was that hard; guess it just goes to show that developers have a really full plate, more so than on the surface.
Post #: 93
3/24/2015 12:48:39   
crabpeople

Plunder:
quote:

Yep! I can fiddle with the amounts if you guys want to make potions have more of a chance to appear unless you're capped on one though.

*After reading your reasoning about gold* Yeh I vote for this.

quote:

There we go.

Although I have to test it, I'm ok with the change. About plank I'm ok with the original or +1 turn effect / +1 turn duration. The fact of having flintlock skill reduces the pressure put on the class cooldowns so it's ok if they're increased a bit.

Sea Legs:
quote:

That would cost more than 3 mana and 1 more cooldown.
. Well I didn't calculate it (In fact I don't know how those balance formulas about mana costs you're running work) but hey double or nothing... what about 5-7 mana and 2 turns?

quote:

The amount of hits doesn't factor in to the cost. I'll buff Ninja's stun to 23 because I missed that for some reason.
Ok but it's not the same stuning a boss with 50 immo res. with 1 hit (that might miss and in case it lands it falls into the 50% chance) than 3 hits that will stun most likely (If im not wrong: chance to NOT get stunned: 100-(50+50*0,5+50*0,5*0,5)=12,5% in case all hits land).

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 94
3/24/2015 13:22:40   
pitties

class looks good so far but I would like a few changes:

• lock fury of the sea to water and increase damage. Also, increase the damage boost.

• Give Lime-aid a "prevents scurvy" effect (+10 all resist)?

• increase damage on crit move, and raise cost.

• lower damage on cannon, and give it a "burning" DoT.

• Make the chance of stealing gold from plunder get lower as the character levels. So maybe the chance for gold stealing could be (100 - playerLevel)/2? Also, I'll just state this, but I'm in favor of removing the gold stealing at least for players above a certain cutoff.

• lower cooldown on plunder so it can actually be used for sustain. Maybe a 10 turn cooldown? A high cost would be fine since it has a chance of grabbing mana pots. Heck even 5 turn cd with like 75 mana cost would be fine.

• backstab is currently too expensive. I tested it, and I got 3 misses on the monster in 3 turns of the effect. I dealt 54 damage for 25 mana... worth it?

Also, just saying but, though the gold is currently useless, once we get gold pricing updated and monster rewards fixed, it could be worthwhile...

< Message edited by pitties -- 3/24/2015 13:36:30 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 95
    3/24/2015 14:58:12   
    Branl

@Ash
    I know you said you don't want to make Dread Pirate a stronger pirate because it would be unfair to the Ninjas who won the Pirate vs Ninja war. So how about this:
    Make the class have a mix of Ninja and Pirate with an emphasis on Ninja, because if I recall correctly, Thyton was the one who recolored the armor in order to honor Ninjas/show off their superiority.
    It would make sense if the class had traces of each class with more of a lean towards Ninja.
    That is, if you're interested in doing so.

Note: I don't think I've seen a single game where the Pirates have ever won a Pirate vs Ninja war.
    Ninjas have the coolness factor working for them.
    AQ DF  Post #: 96
    3/24/2015 16:35:22   
    Snakezarr

@ash Great class a lot of fun to use I personally think its a very good class considering you can get it in the first orb quest and it feels like a large upgrade from the base class so great job there I agree with pitties that plunder gold chance should be a lowered chance at a higher level, maybe even 0% at max level if possible. I think back-stab is fine as it is personally, I ran around with it on a lower level and it worked quite well the only thing I would suggest is that it reflects 50% of the damage the mob does aswell so it does a bit more at lower levels.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 97
    3/24/2015 16:58:13   
    Azan

I'm for the increased duration of the shield. 2 turns seem a bit short. We can afford bigger mana costs on Pirate since it has a mana regen in Plunder's mana potions.
    Post #: 98
    3/24/2015 17:04:58   
    Branl

@Azan
    Yeah I wouldn't mind either.
    I mean, Technomancer can afford 2 turn shields because that class has access to rewind.
    Don't think Pirate can.
    AQ DF  Post #: 99
    3/24/2015 17:40:37   
    Drop_Bear

From a little testing the class seemed fine to me, it blocks less damage but has a potion thief move and a heal move.

I agree with the idea that potions should come more often when your not capped at 4-4 as they seemed a little rare (though that may have been rng).

As for the boost move I do not see any problems with it but the changes of Damage: 90% to 80% Cooldown: 10 to 11 Duration: 7 to 10 Effect: 25 to 30 Mana cost: 25 to 25 that crabpeople suggested would in my opinion make it a much better move so if thats an option I vote for it.

Overall not one of the strongest classes but feels like it would be a perfect steeping stone between the base classes and something like deathknight.
    Post #: 100
    Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
    Page 4 of 6«<23456>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition