Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/24/2015 17:41:55   
Ash

Before I start fielding any of these, please explain something to me.

Before I post the stats - "Wow this class is pretty fun. I like X skill! It's nice to see it useful again!"

After stats - "Ugh, X skill is UP compared to Y class. Why didn't you make Q skill do T%? The class isn't strong enough. I want U% increase to P skill. Can you totally redesign E because...."

I'll read over the latest posts wanting changes when I get back from dinner, but for now I'm very interested in hearing from some of you mainly because this happens every time.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/24/2015 17:42:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 101
3/24/2015 17:50:07   
Dragonknight315

@Ash I noticed that, too..... Hmm.

Honestly, I'm pretty much fine with the damage, Mana cost, and cool downs. Yeah, perhaps there may be some slight tweaks needed when it comes down to EXACT numbers, e.g, Backstab's damage percent, but that will work itself out. Granted, some of these comments like extending the duration of the shield and so forth is really nice.

Overall, this was one of the best classes I've ever played with. It's fun, simple, AND effective, and this is coming from someone who usually plays DmK. I really love your work, Ash, and I thank you for putting time into it.

< Message edited by Dragonknight315 -- 3/24/2015 17:56:12 >

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 102
3/24/2015 18:30:13   
crabpeople

Because pretty much the revamps for most of the players goes like:

"oh what is this? Pirate new skills? Sweet!." Proceeds to do 1 or 2 quests messing aroung with all the skills.
"Wow it's so unique. and the animations are so smooth and cool! gotta post at the forums how better this class is than it's previous version!"

While for someone who decides to further test the class revamps is like: "men this class needs... why I can't have this thing for those cases so I can use this armor for everything instead of...".

But hey I also remember comments from you like: "Play around with the class this weekend before complaining or... Wait till I post the skill breakdown before..."

Oh btw, for the future revamps. Could you post the skill cooldowns and mana costs? Maybe you don't do it so people is forced to test it instead of doing "paper math" but I think it would be useful anyways.

Edit

quote:

"men this class needs... why I can't have this thing for those cases so I can use this armor for everything instead of..."

I found your problem. :P Not every class is going to be able to do everything nor are all supposed to have "even" effects and cooldowns across skills. A defensive class for example is going to get more defensive perks than a hybrid or offensive class. If that's the point of the tweaks you all want then I'm gonna go out and say "no" immediately.

Well that was an example. I asked you before how you consider the class (off,def or hybrid) so acording to that I'll see what is best for the class while trying to be as objective as possible.
Pretty much that comment makes reference to certain players that like to mention the forbidden word that starts with C .

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/24/2015 19:09:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 103
3/24/2015 18:59:06   
Ash

quote:

"men this class needs... why I can't have this thing for those cases so I can use this armor for everything instead of..."

I found your problem. :P Not every class is going to be able to do everything nor are all supposed to have "even" effects and cooldowns across skills. A defensive class for example is going to get more defensive perks than a hybrid or offensive class. If that's the point of the tweaks you all want then I'm gonna go out and say "no" immediately.

quote:

But hey I also remember comments from you like: "Play around with the class this weekend before complaining or... Wait till I post the skill breakdown before..."

I do say that, because when people do play around with it and don't focus on the math then they usually have more fun with the class and find issues with it. If they notice something while playing around with it NOT focusing on the math, I'm more keen to want to adjust it rather than "X class had this so why can't pirate?". For example the Potion complaint on Plunder. That's coming from multiple people who aren't paying attention to the math. That I'm going to adjust so that potions drop more often. The "I want more damage!" complaints? I'm taking those with a grain of salt because everyone wants more damage and effects and ignores the fact that not everything gets massive rawk kill you damage.

quote:

Oh btw, for the future revamps. Could you post the skill cooldowns and mana costs? Maybe you don't do it so people is forced to test it instead of doing "paper math" but I think it would be useful anyways.

I usually take those off but I can leave them on for AoT since it should be next. Mainly it's just to cut down on clutter since it's easy to see those in game, the effects and damage aren't as easy to see sometimes.

quote:

lock fury of the sea to water and increase damage. Also, increase the damage boost.

No. I already adjusted it and it will roll out most likely tomorrow. It's not getting adjusted again nor ele locked.

quote:

Give Lime-aid a "prevents scurvy" effect (+10 all resist)?

Heal + HoT is the most it's getting.

quote:

increase damage on crit move, and raise cost.

Raising the cost isn't a blanket fix for "more damage."

quote:

lower damage on cannon, and give it a "burning" DoT.

You're smacking the foe with a cannon ball not lighting it on fire. Why should it get a DoT? If you had suggested a % chance to stun because it knocked them off balance and/ord dazed them yeah that would fit. If you asked for a -M/P/M because it "dented" their armor, yeah. Getting smacked in the face with a cannon ball does a lot more than just bloodying your nose for a DoT.

quote:

Make the chance of stealing gold from plunder get lower as the character levels. So maybe the chance for gold stealing could be (100 - playerLevel)/2? Also, I'll just state this, but I'm in favor of removing the gold stealing at least for players above a certain cutoff.

The chance will go down across the board. I'm buffing its potion attempt chance unless your capped.

quote:

lower cooldown on plunder so it can actually be used for sustain. Maybe a 10 turn cooldown? A high cost would be fine since it has a chance of grabbing mana pots. Heck even 5 turn cd with like 75 mana cost would be fine.

That's not the point of the skill. It's to stock up on the WAY to the boss, not to self sustain IN the boss fight. You can pull one potion usually in a boss fight but that's all it's meant to do there, top you off. Your sustain is Lime-aid once you have your potions.

quote:

backstab is currently too expensive. I tested it, and I got 3 misses on the monster in 3 turns of the effect. I dealt 54 damage for 25 mana... worth it?

It's free damage, on a turn when you wouldn't take any. That's counted as "reflect" damage and takes the appropriate penalty. Cover of thorns, the skill this is based on costs 28 mana and reflects 25% of the opponents damage. That's simultaneously useless on most monsters since it won't really reflect much at all and insane on certain bosses. With Backstab you're dealing a quantifiable amount back every miss, which if you're using it during the right combo pulls off extra damage per turn that wouldn't have been there if you hadn't.

quote:

I agree with the idea that potions should come more often when your not capped at 4-4 as they seemed a little rare (though that may have been rng).

I might up the cap to 5-5 along with the shift towards more potions. Still seeing what that would do cost wise along with survivability wise over a 20 turn boss fight. Since 4 total potions at max training is (I'm rounding down here) ~2400 HP and ~1000 MP over the course of a fight. (which no one is taking into account when they look at the classes survivability I might add which is why it's not doing higher damage or has even stronger effects) When I finally get MP training fixed and adjust the amounts that MP potions heal to around 500 at "max" that's 2000 MP that you can have with no issues. I'm not sure if giving you 5 is alright.

quote:

Overall not one of the strongest classes but feels like it would be a perfect steeping stone between the base classes and something like deathknight.

Exactly the point. It's usable even if you don't want to upgrade but it's a middle point between Tier 1 and Tier 3. That's the point of a Tier 2, to be in the middle.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/24/2015 19:02:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 104
3/24/2015 19:07:22   
deather98

quote:

Before I post the stats - "Wow this class is pretty fun. I like X skill! It's nice to see it useful again!"

After stats - "Ugh, X skill is UP compared to Y class. Why didn't you make Q skill do T%? The class isn't strong enough. I want U% increase to P skill. Can you totally redesign E because...."

I'll read over the latest posts wanting changes when I get back from dinner, but for now I'm very interested in hearing from some of you mainly because this happens every time.

For some reason people get too hung up on stats, I dont know why? as long as it does decent damage and looks awesome then Im happy. ^w^ The suggestions of ideas like types of attacks seems good though at times..just saying
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 105
3/24/2015 20:12:39   
Princess Shiki

So...is the new potion chance 37.5% at not capped pots and gold/armor steal chance at 12.5%? With 1 pot capped, would that be 50% chance for the non-capped potion and 25% each for the gold/armor steal chance? I'm using math outside of school like my teacher said I would what madness is this
Post #: 106
3/24/2015 20:27:02   
Ash

It's going to be 40% for a health potion, 40% for a mana potion, 10% for gold, and 10% for the -All nerf. If you cap one then it'll bump to 80% for the other. Then once you cap both it'll be 50/50 on gold and the nerf.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 107
3/24/2015 21:18:26   
MR.LMM

@Ash

The reasoning behind the whole 'good before stats, suck after stats' trend that you see is psychological. Before players get stats, all they see is how the class feels to them. Do they like it individually? Does it fit their play style? Does it have staying power, or is it a glass cannon? Stuff like that. When you or another Staff member throws stats and numbers into the mix, that subjectivism disappears. It becomes clear that is Skill A and Skill B have equivalent base damage but Skill B does 30% higher crit damage, Skill B is better empirically. This gives people room to complain with facts, which is the worst kind of complaint to get and the hardest to argue against. You could argue balancing skills, but people will argue that having neither skill get a massive boost would be balanced and fair. You could argue that Skill B is a trump or final style attack, but then people will say the boost is too low to matter. Stats seem useful, but are really more divisive and serve to throw a class to obsolescence even faster. That's why I choose to ignore them. Riftwalker is good for me because I like to hit things really hard in the head before they can hit me. Pirate is not good at that, so Pirate is not good for me. That simple logic, factoring nothing but my own experience, basically eliminates a need for stats.

< Message edited by MR.LMM -- 3/24/2015 21:27:12 >
DF  Post #: 108
3/25/2015 1:09:45   
pitties

I think giving the cannon a chance to stun is a great idea!

And whatever fixes it needs, the crit damage should be increased. It's the only damaging move, every other skill guzzles up mana and does poor damage...

Also, locking fury of the sea to water makes thematic sense and would allow the class to hit harder, which is important because it currently hits very low.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 109
3/25/2015 1:41:51   
Branl

You really need to abuse plunder if you're doing a standard "Fight multiple mobs until boss" quest, as this class actually guzzles more mana than most tier 3 classes.
Backstab's effect seems rather out of place on Pirate, especially considering the BTH lowering of the class isn't that spectacular and the class only has a 2 turn shield.
Other than that I have no real complaints about the class.

< Message edited by Branl -- 3/25/2015 1:47:51 >
AQ DF  Post #: 110
3/25/2015 1:52:01   
Aura Knight

The class is amazing. I kinda wish the cannon would reduce enemy defenses by a bit or at least cause a 1 turn stun that has a certain percent of happening. I'm not the biggest fan of how the art of the class looks, but the skills make up for it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 111
3/25/2015 7:28:42   
Azan

Now that I think of it, I have a question about how the class looks. Yes Ash, we know you're not an artist, but is there any chance an artist could just... give the armor some clothes in the future? Doesn't need to be anything fancy like Desthknight (I'm sure nobody would expect seamen and seawomen to wear a lot of chainmail and a heavy plate armor), but right now Pirate lacks clothes. The female armor especially - fighting in high heels with your belly and legs bare is probably not a good idea in terms of survavibility.

< Message edited by Azan -- 3/25/2015 7:29:46 >
Post #: 112
3/25/2015 7:59:33   
Shadows Morgenstern

@Azan: I really like the pirate's look tbh, just wish it could be spruced up a little bit! And I like the female version too! Though, I'm a dude so maybe my opinion on that is a bit biased. xD

Okay, going to give my opinions and suggestions on the class now, and I haven't look at the hard numbers or anything, so I am just giving my own opinion at how it seems to play. I like the class's focus on damage and what would more be seen as "tricks" in the form of debuffs because they really fit the pirate theme. So as a whole, great job to Ash. (Y)

I really like the idea of the cannon having a low chance to stun, makes perfect sense. I'm not entirely sure how this could be compromised outside of slightly increased cost, because it can't really lose any damage, although slightly wilder damage would be fun xD.

I also support the idea of Fury of the High seas being element locked to Water, it just makes sense to me with the theme of the attack.

Now I'm going to suggest something that will probably end up with me being torn apart by you guys. xD

Give the flintlock skills a chance to straight up fail. Give them increased damage or something to make up for this. I'm only suggesting this because pirates flintlocks were notorious for jamming IIRC, and they wouldn't work at all when wet. I dunno this just really makes sense to me. Also if this class ever gets a bit of an update, PLEASE MAKE THE MULTI SKILL A BLUNDERBUSS WITH HIGH DAMAGE BUT LOW CHANCE TO HIT. (okay fanmode off)

Also, I think plunder should have slightly less damage, *checks Ash's skills breakdown* 85% seems a bit high considering we are mostly stealing from them too.

Anyway, like I said I haven't paid very much attention to the hard stats of this class, so feel free to shut me down if I' horribly wrong about anything. Just my opinion at the end of the day. xD

< Message edited by Shadows Morgenstern -- 3/25/2015 9:57:00 >

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 113
3/25/2015 8:40:23   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

I guess the argument for Plunder doing damage at all would be that rifling through the opponent's and looting them isn't exactly a gentle process.

Not really a fan of the idea of cannon getting a "low chance to stun", because the skill is already a significant part of the class, and increasing focus on it seems excessive.

I'd like if the damage range was tightened a bit, or if there was a way to affect whether it could get more stable / less stable would be pretty cool, though.
DF AQW  Post #: 114
3/25/2015 8:58:37   
mahasamatman

it seems the 'armor stealing' is the most common option on plunder. am i right?
DF  Post #: 115
3/25/2015 9:56:18   
Shadows Morgenstern

@The ErosionSeeker: I actually like the cannon having wild damage! Cannon's aren't incredibly accurate so can see the low damage being just a glancing blow, and the full on damage being a direct hit!
DF  Post #: 116
3/25/2015 10:23:17   
Ash

Alright the brakes are going on now. I just looked at the changes I made last night and I'm utterly disgusted. This is changing from the nerf/buff class I originally designed into an offense focused class that YOU all want. That ends now. The mana costs are getting ridiculous because of the "but can't you just...". That ends now. I will not be adjusting the damage up any more and I now have to spend hours of time I was going to spend working on something for the next couple weeks, which may get pushed back now, so I can completely redo all the mana costs and re-stat the effects and damage accordingly.

This is NOT an offensive class. If that's all you want you have plenty of other options. If the only thing you want is more damage do not reply. I will not be changing the Crit skill.

This is a nerf/buff class. This is not meant to be an offensive juggernaut. It's meant to mess with your foe in the form of nerfs, steal their items, and then use those against them later. If you have any other ideas then drop them, that is not the new pirate. Just like with Techno when you all wanted me to change it, I'm done trying to change the class around. When I am done restating it I'll put the stats back up in the post that had them. Until then testing is postponed and all opinions based on the old stats is hereby null. Until I finish the new stats and change the now utterly ridiculous mana costs testing is over. When it is you all will be free to comment on it.

quote:

Attack
125% damage

1. Sea Legs
+200 Block / Parry for 2 turns.

2. Dirty Trick
125% damage
Stuns target for 3 turns.

3. Quick Shot
Multi
130% damage to all foes.

4. Help From The Locker
55% damage each hit over 3 hits for 165% damage total with a 100% chance to Crit.

5. Summon Crackers
100% damage
Lowers enemy Bonus by -30 for 3 turns.

6. Lime-Aid
Heals for 10% max health immediately and then 5% each turn for 2 more turns for a 20% total healing effect.

7. Fury of the High Seas
+25 Boost for 6 Turns
80% damage

8. Backstab
+80 Dodge for 4 turns
For the next 4 turns, if the opponent misses you, will deal damage equal to 20% of your weapon damage each miss.
(This may be adjusted down but the average number of hits over the game is 2-3 so you'd be doing about 120% damage on average over two turns with the Backstab->Sealegs combo.)

9. To the Plank
120% damage
-20 Boost for 4 turns to foe.

10. Avast!
120% damage
-20 Bonus, -20 Boost nerf for 4 turns

11. Target Practice
110% damage
+15 Bonus to you for 4 turns.
-15 Bonus to foe for 4 turns.

12. Flintlock
170% damage

13. Fire the Broad Sides!
230-310% damage. (It randomly picks a % in that range every use)
10% chance to stun

14. Plunder
45% damage
Will randomly do one of the following
- a Health potion unless you have 4.
- a Mana potion unless you have 4.
- grants you (your level / 2 * (1-5)) Gold. (Added to quest pool of total amount earned)
- -15 All for 5 turns.

That's it. You're not getting more damage. I'm not increasing the damage of crit. I'm not element locking a skill just to give it more damage. I'm not increasing the mana costs to give something more damage. It will get no more damage. Period.

It's now at the same point that Techno is, about 7% over budget from effects. That's the most I'm pushing it. Any further changes will only involve moving around the already present stats. (i.e. if a skill does -20 and another does -10 I'll make both -15 moving -5 from one to another.) That keeps the amount of total nerfs even.

Plunder now has a 40% chance for MP, 40% chance for HP, 10% chance for gold, and 10% chance for the nerf. That gives you, if you fully trained them, the ability to get a whole extra health bar and a whole extra mana bar or two depending on how you work with it.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/25/2015 15:13:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 117
3/25/2015 18:03:58   
DoomTaco

Hmmm...
After reading the skill break-down I've come to the conclusion that...
the skill "To the Plank" should be changed into... "Walk the Plank".
I dunno, it just seems for fitting hahaha.

Oh, and speaking of names, sience the Dread Pirate probably won't be getting a buff or different skills, could it's skill names (and/or skill efects) be changed with references (Be it names, quotes, scenes, anything, really) of "The Princess Bride"?, it doesn't have to be all skills but this way atleast this way the DP would get a small, yet significant difference from Pirate (If you have trouble coming with names you could ask Cysero for some, hell, maybe even the community, I know I could come up with a few).

< Message edited by DoomTaco -- 3/25/2015 18:32:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 118
3/25/2015 18:07:17   
crabpeople

Mmm I'll review the skills 1 by 1 but overall I like the changes.

Sea Legs
Parry and block got increased while the dodge part has been deleted. I was going to complain about SW having a 140 b/d/p being an offensive class but then I realized that BS includes a nice dodge buff. So it looks ok to me.

Dirty trick
Thanks for making the stun having the same mana cost than ninja. The addition of making it stun 3 times is apreciated aswell.

Quick shot
It was ok before so nothing to say. If I may suggest something about this is to keep it as a 2 hits of 65% per enemy. Just for the nostalgia of old pirate having the only 2 hits mult in the game. But that's just personal preference.

Help from the locker
It was ok before and it is now. Well not ok, good considering the class is a hybrid,the crit is stronger than techno and FMA crits.

Summon Crackers
While some might complain that the skill got nerfed. Well it was just distributed to the other skills so it's not a "class lost damage" it's a "the damage has gone elsewhere". Same happens with the blind nerf. It got moved to target practice. But hey now the permablind with crackers and Avast is possible.

Lime-Aid
It's the same and works as intended.

Fury of the High Seas
While some might say it got nerfed. I find it perfect. the cd is now 9 turns. 6 of them you're boosted. 6 turns is enough to blow all the big stuff and use some flintlocks in the middle. The downtime is fairly short.

Backstab
Although I'm still reluctant about the 20% damage being low. I'm glad that it was compensated with an extra turn in the duration. Also you don't feel like wasting a turn because you get a small dodge buff that lasts for 4 turns!

To the Plank
Mmm I think it now has +1/+1 at effect/cd. I'm ok with this.

Avast!
Avast is now really good. A bit of everything with good damage and only 1 turn of downtime. It's the primary nerf skill. The rest just dance around it depending of your preference (extra blind or extra boost nerf).

Target Practice
I like how it is right now. Back then I felt that even having a situational skill like a +hit move. 25 points wasn't going to help much in case you get a blind. Now the +hit is to ensure you don't get casual misses and applies a weak blind as well.

Flintlock
Most of the damage taken from other skills went here basically. The extra 10% might look like nothing but it's a spamable move that you can use 50% of the time so you'll up noticing it.

Fire of the Broad Sides!
It got a stun surprise factor in exchange of 2 extra mana cost. I ddn't have the chance yet of whitnessing a stun so may I ask how much is the duration?
If you accept a suggestion I would vote for a 2 turn stun that ignores enemy immo resist (like Mritha or dragon class stun). Just because gambling for a 10% chance on a move with a long cd it's enough "suffering" .

Plunder
Damage got reduced but it makes sense becasue it's a steal move. Also you'll probably use it once per battle. I like the % chance changes. Oh and the cooldown got reduced to 15 turns so you might use it twice for tanky boss battles. Also the 15t cd synergizes with the crit and fire of the broad cooldowns.

Review
If you ask me, the class is Ready for the final release. It may suffer small changes but it's not like before that we weren't satisfied with half of the skillset.

My suggestions for possible changes are (I mentioned them above):
-Mult from 1 hit of 130% to 2 hits of 65% (would like to know if other players prefer the old pirate mult or the new one).
-Fire of the broad sides 10% stun ignoring enemy immo resist and lasting atleast 2 turns (again, I haven't been lucky enough to get a stun so I don't know how it works right now). Oh and 1 more thing, could you add some kind of text at the top of the screen (like necro,pally,dk passives) that informs you when u get the 10% lucky roll? Like FMA with the spirit burst 10% thing.

Edit: I refrain from the 2 turn stun suggest cuz it's a bit too much for just 2 extra mana cost.

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/26/2015 10:45:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 119
3/25/2015 18:20:06   
raylas

*raises hand* Uhm, Ash, if I may say something?

I just wanted to say that I REALLY like pirate the way you did it. I liked the nerf and buff, it's FUN to use. I enjoyed it from the beginning of the testing, and I'll love it all the more when I can run around and use it for everything. It's a good class, it's unique, and I really like it, the method for using it is different from anything else in game. It feels like something brand new.

I really do appreciate all the effort you put into it, and I want you to know it. Thanks so much for it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 120
3/25/2015 18:23:47   
Alm Nullamors

I can't complain much on either the original or Ash's newest design and I do like the idea behind the many boost/bonus nerfs and thefts. A very effective hybrid class.
And the plundering. My gosh, that's great. Especially with the Mana potions and gold since that gives this class a unique niche iirc.
I might prefer Ninja to Pirate overall but I have to say that this looks interesting.

The Dark DragonLord Rises...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 121
3/25/2015 20:57:53   
Drop_Bear

I liked it before some tweaks were made now I think its amazing.

The Stun was your normal stun before but now it appears to have a better stun chance as a multi hit stun - amazing.

The potion steal now feels like a potion steal with the other two mainly as the bonus for when you cap out, makes refilling potions on the go very doable and stacking potions for the boss fight, the potion cap may be lower than the pre revamp version and the amount of gold less but its definitely a better move with no chance to fail and much more balanced.

As for the damage I don't see why people are complaining, flintlock is a good mana for dps move fill in and then a few high damage high cooldowns is plenty as this class is also effective defensively.

Defensively this class is actually pretty good. It reminds me of a tier 2 version of EnTropy. It has a good healing move, the potions for more health and damage reduction moves that tie in well with this. It's a damage sponge defensive class rather than a damage blocking one like necro or ninja, something the tier 2's were missing so I will definitely be using this class.

Another astounding revamp from Ash and another class I'll have to find time to use because while I'm not a pirate fan I'm definitely a fan of this revamp as its always nice to see rolls in the different class tiers filled out.
Post #: 122
3/25/2015 22:25:51   
Dragonknight315

I'm with Ray here... while I DO like the changes you added to it, I was fine with it before. This just makes it slightly more awesome. I wasn't worried about pure damage, but I do like what you have done. This class was godly fun to begin with, and I thank you for just how much work you have put into it.... You are such a creative genius.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 123
3/26/2015 10:36:30   
crabpeople

In case you're wondering. The cannon stun lasts for 1 turn. So it's a 10% chance of doing a move with no retaliation.

I repeated the damage test and pirate does now slightly more damage than before: Extreme cursed skeleton:
1st try: 24 turns.
2nd try: 23 turns.

The test with the previous revamp skill was (check page 4): 1st try 26 tuns, 2nd try 27 turns.

Take note that those tests are done with a full offensive strategy ignoring the nerfing skills (pirate is not suposed to be played like this). So in case pirate has still the same overall damage, the damage sources are more focused on the damage skills at the cost of the rest. (hope I don't get killed for using the word Dama... 3 times on the same sentence ).

Although I might be extremly unlucky... I'm not getting gold from plunder with my lv80 char. The 40% hp 40% mana pots felt pretty realistic but once I was stacked with 4-4 potions, I got stolen armor 100% of the time and I used the skill like 20 times after the max potions.

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/26/2015 11:47:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 124
3/26/2015 12:31:51   
Rio3678

quote:

I can explain that, some people just can't be pleased, or some people expect too much.

Master of Light and Darkness
Rio Skyron
with Bianca, my blade of Destiny
theme song
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition