Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AE= BATTLECON AE Q&A: We Need Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =AE= BATTLECON AE Q&A: We Need Questions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2013 0:20:37   
Loremaster Maya

quote:

If you could ask any Artix Entertainment or HeroSmash member anything, who would you ask, and what would your questions be? Post your questions in the below and we'll have the team answer many of them at AQ.com this October as we celebrate our 11th anniversary in an all-staff, all-player in-game convention: BATTLECON!

Note sure what BattleCon is? Check out Artix's Design Notes about our 11th Anniversary celebration!

quote:

AdventureQuest Worlds (11th anniversary event announed!)

Every year we wish you with with us at this convention.... then... IT HIT US! How about we have an in-game convention! A week of special events where you can meet the staff, dress up, sketch along with live draws, go to video concerts with us and do a digital recreation of everything that happens at a real convention! Now... we just need a name for the convention! BattleCon? AECon? AdventureCon? What do you think?

http://www.artix.com/designNotes/post/24065/Video-Game-News-from-DragonCon

< Message edited by Loremaster Maya -- 9/29/2013 1:04:59 >
Post #: 1
9/29/2013 0:46:07   
Crystal Lion

As far as HeroSmash is concerned, will the heroes ever get a chance to shine? Back on Lore, Swordhaven, the hub of good, shone brightly. But on this version of Terra, it's the villains who keep triumphing again and again.

I would honestly like to know more about Demolicious. She's a deeply unappreciated character for a hero, it seems. I just hope fanservice isn't the first step to make a bold-outside-delicate-inside character like her more palatable for HS players.

Still, about the wrecker, does she have any extended family like distant cousins or ancient legends?

Now, about the HS players: Will they be allowed to experience the good and bad consequences of their alignment? Instead of villains always getting glory and heroes getting snubbed, what about switching things up once in a while? Villains shouldn't always be given adulation by the players...
Post #: 2
9/29/2013 2:23:38   
LeonVader

^because so far, villain dt items are more awesome than good dt items.

AQW  Post #: 3
9/29/2013 5:42:24   
DarkLore

To HS team,

1. How will you implement secret identities? That sounds crazy hard to even think how to implement and make work effectively.

2. Will we ever see Martial Artix's NPC?

3. Could we get a doctor's hat item? You know... That belt thing with the metal strapped to it?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/29/2013 9:30:38   
Lord Noonien Soong

@HS Team: I'm already excited, where do i sign?, XD

DF  Post #: 5
9/29/2013 14:04:25   
Twighlight Sky

@Wonderp Bread, Arae, Tally, and Mr Midnight: What is volunteer work for developing a game like? Do you find you have learned a lot from the experience?

@Mr Midnight: How much story do you have planned? Will we be seeing more of characters like Demolicious and DaVinci?

@Anyone: Will the player NPCs and minor NPCs (Dyintime, Dr. Illinois Johnson, etc.) have future story roles?

@Anyone: Will Super Death be appearing in any future story?

@Anyone: Are there any plans for continuing the Pleasanton arc?

Thanks, you guys! I have great hope in the future of this game, and admire all your hard work and dedication! Thank you so much!
SMASH ON!!!

< Message edited by Twighlight Sky -- 9/29/2013 14:05:22 >

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/30/2013 13:46:00   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

1. Will the player NPC contest return sometime soon or do we just have to hope to achieve the secret, hidden objectives in-game in the hopes of getting an NPC in-game?
2. Do we get to see the new assistant staff members in-game sometime soon?
3. Will the Tally NPC come with a little pet Super Moose?
4. Speaking of moose, why does Dumoose not look like a moose?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/9/2013 1:53:52   
LeonVader

Will we experience the same birthday event with like aqworlds?
How to get elite cursed katana?(?)

Why does the battle poll took so long to complete? can't we increase the vote ratio?
AQW  Post #: 8
10/9/2013 20:23:34   
The Jop

Are you planning to continue the game's plot?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
10/13/2013 17:42:14   
Twighlight Sky

Are there any plans for expanding upon the HAL droid (like, for example, adding more mentors to it?)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/22/2013 23:03:16   
Crystal Lion

Oh, oh! I have a new question, although it's still about Demolicious: Who, or what, was the inspiration for her appearance and bravado? A medieval executioner? Psylocke? Or was it coincidental?
Post #: 11
11/2/2013 14:11:09   
Mr Popcorn

@Yergen Could you describe your technique for your shading and drawing style? I've always loved your art! ^^

@RandorTheRed @Yergen What does it take to become a HeroSmash dev?
AQW  Post #: 12
12/2/2013 0:02:23   
Electricboa

Well, it seems like these questions aren't going to be answered through the Battle-Con, but I thought I would at least answer the questions I can here. At the very least, you'll have some answers.

quote:

As far as HeroSmash is concerned, will the heroes ever get a chance to shine? Back on Lore, Swordhaven, the hub of good, shone brightly. But on this version of Terra, it's the villains who keep triumphing again and again.

Well, I think some of that is the product of the players themselves. If you have more players fighting in, say, wars, on the side of the villains, the villains are going to win. As far as storylines independent of events like that, I am going to try to keep it as balanced as I can.

quote:

I would honestly like to know more about Demolicious. She's a deeply unappreciated character for a hero, it seems. I just hope fanservice isn't the first step to make a bold-outside-delicate-inside character like her more palatable for HS players.

Still, about the wrecker, does she have any extended family like distant cousins or ancient legends?

I can't really go too much into Demolicious' history, as I would like to see her take a central role in the story. She does strike me as more of a dynamic character, as her initial motives for fighting the Park war weren't exactly pure, but that will spur her to be a better heroine. The only other thing I'm going to say is, I do plan on bringing her father into the story.

quote:

How will you implement secret identities? That sounds crazy hard to even think how to implement and make work effectively.

This is probably more Randor's realm of expertise, but I don't personally see it happening. True, most heroes have a secret identity, but they usually don't do heroics (or villainy) while they're being 'normal.' Of course, you can always create a secret identity independent of the game for your own character.

quote:

What is volunteer work for developing a game like? Do you find you have learned a lot from the experience?

Surprisingly, it feels kind of like planning a story. You have to set major plot points, create (or integrate) characters, and come up with just what is going to happen. The only difference is this story really doesn't have an ending, it will continually be expanded upon.

quote:

How much story do you have planned? Will we be seeing more of characters like Demolicious and DaVinci?

I have the framework in mind. That's just an abridged summary, though. As far as individual stories that fill in the meat and bones, I've started some of the early ones. I like to have a direction to go, so planning for further down the line is something I think would be beneficial. As far as Demolicious and DaVinci, I already mentioned above that I'd like to see Demolicious take a central role for the side of good. As you can probably guess, I'm planning on DaVinci taking the opposing villainous side.

quote:

Will the player NPCs and minor NPCs (Dyintime, Dr. Illinois Johnson, etc.) have future story roles?

As of right this moment? Not really. But I am someone who does prefer to work with existing characters, if I can. If there's a situation where any of the existing NPC would fit, I would.

quote:

Will Super Death be appearing in any future story?

Pretty much the same answer as above. I don't really have any ideas for using him in the central storyline, though.

quote:

Are there any plans for continuing the Pleasanton arc?

The short answer is yes, but maybe not as its own independent storyline. I have designs on bringing it into the main arc.

quote:

Are you planning to continue the game's plot?

Yes, that is kind of why they have me.

The rest of the questions either weren't directed towards me or are ones that I don't have the answer to.

~Mr. Midnight
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
12/16/2013 7:50:15   
Jack BlackStorm

I have a question, on the Super Death Trial Ruins of Ingiru i cant complete the storyline i dont know what i need to do and if is possible to do something, i dont want to know what i need to do i only want to know if theres a thing that i can do to complete 100% the storyline. :)
Post #: 14
12/16/2013 22:33:51   
Twighlight Sky

@Mr. Midnight: Thank you for providing such concise answers to questions I never thought I would see answered here! I look forward to seeing the stories you have come up with!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/17/2013 6:45:14   
ronald.rrn

I would ask for more events with rare and ultra rare items, and amazing CyberMonday.
otherwise, HeroSmash is getting better and more fun :)
Thanks!

Posts merged. Please use the edit button in the future to avoid double posting. ~Postmaster General

< Message edited by Postmaster General -- 12/17/2013 23:43:07 >
Post #: 16
12/24/2013 5:34:23   
ScorchedEarth

@RandorTheRead How do I become a mod in Herosmash I've been playing for a long time and I always wanted to become a mod for the game.

Post #: 17
1/2/2014 23:03:48   
ronald.rrn

I would like to request a shop rare Harry Potter again.
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =AE= BATTLECON AE Q&A: We Need Questions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition