Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Pumpkin Lord Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pumpkin Lord Armor Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/10/2014 22:04:26   
Drop_Bear

Wow, i found the 3 hits of 130% dmg to be very powerful. The rest of it? Wow even better than I thought.
Post #: 26
10/10/2014 22:06:22   
Ash

You're getting an Ele-Lock (minimal for non-standard element, decent for the fire one), plus a "Holiday" boost on the class. I shuffled some stuff around though so it's kinda min-maxed in a few ways.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
10/10/2014 22:22:25   
Drop_Bear

Well, its amazing Ash thanks for the work you put into min/maxing it :D.
Post #: 28
10/10/2014 23:11:14   
DFDrakeson

Why is it that my Evolved PumpkinLord armor has all skills locked after I click load armor?
Post #: 29
10/10/2014 23:18:31   
Ash

If you've never trained either of the armors then you won't be able to use any of the skills. The replays for past Mogloween's will come out next week so you'll be able to train them then.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
10/10/2014 23:28:41   
DFDrakeson

Ahh that's why. Thanks!
Post #: 31
10/10/2014 23:36:30   
ProstheticFate

I really like it both revamps especially the evolved version, is pretty good. Good job.
Post #: 32
10/10/2014 23:41:21   
ShimmerSoul

quote:

12. Enfeebling Scythe
180% damage
1% chance for Insta Kill
else
50% chance for -100 Bonus / -20 Boost for 2 turns
else
50% chance for a 1 turn stun

Holy....that's a surprise. Does that work on ALL enemies? o.e

...I love these classes. Both of them. Especially Evolved, but they're both glorious. Ash, I am beyond words. Best revamp ever (for now). :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
10/11/2014 1:15:05   
Silver
Helpful!

Oh wow, 1% chance for an Insta kill? Rad. I hope I can pull that off on the bugged bone fire xD

Also one question. How exactly does the bramble skill work? Does it immediately hurt the opponent after they attack you or something?
Post #: 34
10/11/2014 2:21:09   
ProstheticFate

^Bramble works when you use it and the opponent attacks right after you use it, the opponent gets refelected damage as soon it attacks you.
Basically when the opponent does damage to you, at the same time the opponent loses hp in accordance to how much damage was dealt to you.
100% refelected damage for 1 turn, than the rest of the other turns are 35% of all damage is reflected.

< Message edited by ProstheticFate -- 10/11/2014 2:22:42 >
Post #: 35
10/11/2014 4:37:28   
Silver
Helpful!

Got it, thanks! (Wait.. shouldn't it be 25%?)

@Ash - Is there gonna be some sort of formula as to how much health/mana would be restored, depending on the amount of candy you have?
Post #: 36
10/11/2014 5:00:15   
ProstheticFate

^I'm not sure i'm just quoting the math from ash's post on page 1 unless i'm mistaken or something.
Post #: 37
10/11/2014 5:32:32   
Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

Hey Ash, Vine Whip according to your stats in previous page does not have any ele-locked to Nature. Tried it using the Evolved one, it is ele-locked to Nature. Don't know which one is supposed to be the correct one.

If the latter is to be true, I think Vine Whip should be doing more damage than just 155%, as it won't be mana-efficient at all compared to just doing a normal attack button.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
10/11/2014 5:34:07   
megakyle777

So, there's a 1% Instakill Chance?

...Who's volenteering to test it on Seppy?

Nah, he did send us a letter of warning. I'm not that heartless.
DF  Post #: 39
10/11/2014 5:36:52   
pitties

I think the skill that reduced boost when the enemy is affected by creeping vines is pointless. The boost nerf should be moved to some other skill or swapped because its useless when the enemy is stunned! Instead could it give an even greater nature nerf?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
10/11/2014 6:05:38   
Drop_Bear

@Pitties, It can be used on the last turn of the stun to make the boost nerf effective but it also increases your boost by 45% and your all resist by 25%. -60 Nature and 45% boost is already pretty powerful so i doubt it needs more boosting.

The only thing though is that the boost lasts for 3 turns but the -60 lasts for only 2 turns due to one turn being consumed by the turn you use it, it would be nice if the -60 nature lasted 1 more turn so they synchronise better if possible.

Edit: As others have said scythe is quite weak compared to the multi's and the base attack making it not mana effective, what are the chances of maybe increasing the cooldown to 1 turn but upping the damage?

Edit 2: Not Scythe but Vine Whip^

< Message edited by Drop_Bear -- 10/11/2014 20:21:45 >
Post #: 41
10/11/2014 6:07:19   
Dragonic1

i like it, and mostly because it doesn't requires DA to use the skills on the right side.
Post #: 42
10/11/2014 7:25:26   
Dracojan

does the insta kill move work even if you miss?

none of the effects seem to work when you miss with the skill. the insta kill move is 100% enemy current hp dot, element none. so if the enemy has a hot that works before the killer dot, the enemy will survive. same as with soul weaver. i was fighting akriloth and the move didnt kill the enemy :(. but it should be okish in other fights. but the chance is very low so you will probably see it once in a 1000 battles if not even less often. the idea is kinda like powerword die which is cool but with the cd, at least its not very long, its not really working as well.
imo the killer dot should be 100% of enemy max hp so even a heal cant save the enemy.

< Message edited by Dracojan -- 10/11/2014 8:04:22 >
DF  Post #: 43
10/11/2014 9:43:53   
Ash

quote:

@Ash - Is there gonna be some sort of formula as to how much health/mana would be restored, depending on the amount of candy you have?

Look on page 1 of the thread in my skill breakdown. It tells you how much you heal with and without candy.

quote:

I think the skill that reduced boost when the enemy is affected by creeping vines is pointless. The boost nerf should be moved to some other skill or swapped because its useless when the enemy is stunned! Instead could it give an even greater nature nerf?

The boost nerf isn't there for normal enemies. It's there for Bosses that have MORE than 100 to Bonus that the effect won't stop from attacking you. That's a bit of something to make up for the fact that it doesn't stop two turns of attacks from hitting you.

quote:

As others have said scythe is quite weak compared to the multi's and the base attack making it not mana effective, what are the chances of maybe increasing the cooldown to 1 turn but upping the damage?

You mean the skill that's there for its effects and NOT its damage? Stun/Blind/(on EPL) insta kill doesn't let you do max damage on an attack, and in this case fiddling with the cool downs isn't fixing that. Also...which others? I don't see anyone else saying that. O.o

Dracojan - Yes I can. I'm also a tad curious about something else now...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
10/11/2014 20:17:52   
Drop_Bear

@Ash, no we do not mean the stun/blind/instakill move as that is already amazing. The skill we were talking about was 2. Vine Whip 155% damage which is barely more useful than a normal attack but costs a fair bit of mana. The idea was to turn it into a move like crusading strike which is more useful when you use it but you can only use it every second turn.

An example might be currently two vine whips would do 310% damage where maybe after the change a normal would do 140% and vine whip would do 170% effectively doing the same thing for less mana.

At the moment Vine Whip is only 15% better than the normal attack for its mana which is rarely if ever useful and even if it was raised to 1 turn cooldown and only 175% dmg it would be better.

The idea is to make it like crusading strike on paladin which is 50% dmg above the base making it noticeably better but has a 1 turn cooldown so can't be spammed.

Edit: sorry about the scythe confusion, I meant vine whip in my previous post :/. Was agreeing with GASKAL's post.

< Message edited by Drop_Bear -- 10/11/2014 20:21:04 >
Post #: 45
10/11/2014 20:30:14   
Ash

Ah, yes I can mess with that and figure something out. Calling it scythe had me wondering.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
10/11/2014 22:08:42   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

the element-lock is also something I dislike, but I really enjoy how the skills are so simple, yet so beautifully designed. I would, perhaps, like an art revamp on it, but the skills are just perfect on their own way =)....except the element-locked ones xD

(and by the way, could anyone make a weapon version of the scythe we use with our specials? I would love to wield that scythe normally)

< Message edited by ergotth -- 10/11/2014 22:11:26 >
DF AQW  Post #: 47
10/12/2014 3:29:10   
Dracojan

indeed theres beauty in the skill designs :D. the only skill i feel iffy about is the dmg reflecting one. all the defensive skills make the enemy less likely to hit you and this skill actualyl requires you to be hit. and you dont have the healing to justify getting hit. even against monsters with significant dmg its rather not effective. taking 1k dmg to deal 250 or not taking any dmg and doing 300... the idea is new and fresh but idk how it will work best. may be i dont know how to use it yet.
DF  Post #: 48
10/12/2014 3:32:50   
Snakezarr

Would it be possible to make the damage reflect move do damage based on pre player modification, like hit rate damage resist so lets say a creature hit would hit me for 150 but I have 100% resist to its element, it would do the damage it would have done before my defences reduce it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
10/12/2014 5:39:47   
ProstheticFate

I think my only gripe with this revamp is the reflect shield, I just don't see in most situations where it would be useful, the idea is clever but as far as usefulness not good IMO.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pumpkin Lord Armor Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition