Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= October 25, 2013 - Next Week's Halloween Release!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= October 25, 2013 - Next Week's Halloween Release!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/27/2013 11:19:50   
Megadragonknight

@Rageraptor
First off all, welcome back to OS! Second, every of your characters' HP and damage cards have increased by x100. Which mean for example, when your character' HP was 55, it increased to 5500 HP. The damage cards was 5 attack damage card, but like the characters' HP, the 5 attack damage card increased to 500 attack damage card. Every single of the attack, shield and spell cards' had increased by x100. All this happened during OS beta revolution on mid April this year. The features also changed as well to make OS gameplay more shiner and easy to play. There is no ultimate attack card at all as it was only the HP and attack/shield/spell cards increased to x100 as Rolith himself stated that it fits to card game style. So once again, enjoy playing OS more often and if you have furthermore question, do ask at the Question and Answer thread. :)

Edit: I am going off now, if you have more question, do ask and other forumites will be glad to help out. :)

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 10/27/2013 11:20:48 >
Post #: 26
10/27/2013 11:36:36   
The Jop

@Rageraptor
By the way, a 5-hit combo doesn't instantly kill your opponent; it depends on the cards included in it. I mean, Peasant gets plenty of 5-hit combos but with her 10 100 attacks a lot of them just do 500 damage. If you want something that does a lot of damage easily, you can try Void Incarnate. There's a few characters that have 5 500 damage cards, such as Volt Engineer, Earth Elemental, and Water Elemental, but there's no ultimate attack.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
10/27/2013 16:40:13   
Zanzibaarus

I hope we get some update art on the Skexis and VK EVOs, I'm still dead set that Skexis Fiend will have a Monarch form as the Legendary.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
10/27/2013 17:58:56   
BJEBLE

@Zan Hi there, I think that would be pretty nice too, because right now we don't know anything about it.
DF  Post #: 29
10/27/2013 20:47:33   
Zanzibaarus

@BJEBLE
What we can gather from the Skexis Order is from the same box blurb we got back in Alpha, that's all. The lore indicated a Monarch from an alternate dimension/The Void IIRC.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
10/27/2013 22:19:07   
The Finnish Phoenix

I can verify that said Monarch was mentioned in some blurb somewhere at some point. It's probably buried in Nulgath's twitpic somewhere.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
10/27/2013 22:38:08   
Zanzibaarus

@The Finnish Phoenix
Looked for it, if you check the News archive on the main site it's under the September 2012 column, the 14th IIRC.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/27/2013 22:39:53   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Here is the picture you guys are talking about http://twitpic.com/aul047
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
10/27/2013 22:55:28   
Megadragonknight

The monarch is a butterfly/moth. So i am interested to see why those who had saw skexis fiend's evolution never managed to stay alive to tell the tales.
Post #: 34
10/28/2013 0:57:18   
Pennocki_

maybe the monarch ordered the other skexis fiends to devour whoever saw her/him/it
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
10/28/2013 4:19:44   
Megadragonknight

Which is one of the reason I am interested to know why Monarch wouldn't want anyone to see him. Skexis fiend serve his master call "suinotlim" just like Black Dragon who also serve him. I am very interested to know all of master who must be related to Nulgath. Which is why we need the OS storyline asap! Nulgath must really focus purely on OS releases and new features after Battle Gem is release otherwise OS will end up like HS which I fear the most.
Post #: 36
10/28/2013 11:30:23   
Gorillo Titan

Skexis Monarch could just be the King of Skexis not a moth creature also I was told skexis was a cricket. >.>
Post #: 37
10/28/2013 11:43:02   
Megadragonknight

We will find out soon. I am sure skexis Monarch is the king of skexis. Interested to see his artwork.
Post #: 38
10/28/2013 20:44:00   
Zanzibaarus

@Gorillo Titan
The assumption that Skexis was originally a cricket is based off of the headcanon backstories that forum user cyber doom5 used to type up all those months ago.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
10/28/2013 20:55:46   
Char

@Zanzi: Oh! I remember that!

Here is the link to where all of them are stored if anyone wants to see them. *Inserts Awesome Link Title Here*
Post #: 40
10/29/2013 6:37:36   
ThatOneSuggestion
Banned

Like others, I really stopped playing Oversoul. My honest opinion is that it reached its peak at Stress Test~ Alpha test. Those were the awesome times, I saw Revontheus, Nulgath, dueled Klunk, had a long conversation with Dilligaf, etc. Very nice.

In fact, I'm not asking for you to believe it, but it did happen. Nulgath was the first person I ever PvP'ed. Yes, the Mod. It was back in Stress~Alpha testing, and when I had just made my account. I had no idea on how to play Oversoul, so I just hit PvP random and whatever. Turns out, Mod alert. I find Nulgath. He was using an unreleased character- the Blood archer or something. As a newb, I tried charging every element to the point where if Nulgath saw my screen, he'd probably say ''What the hell?'' Thus, he became the first person I PvP'ed. Not only that, but we met again. After a few PvE, I learned the basics in which then I slammed my head against my desk for being so stupid. Took only 1 battle in PvE for me to learn the basics. . Anyways, this time he was using his AQW character- the real Nulgath. He ended up nuking me with almost every DoT in existence. Then after that, I strolled along over in Solace map, and I see Revontheus and Nulgath standing there. Confirmed that I had dueled with Nulgath. :)
Then of course I had an interesting chat with Dilligaf. We tried to duel, but back then it were only PvP Random- so that ended in failure. And then one day I saw Klunk. So I took someone's advice and equipped an Orc character. Bam, dueled. Level 4 against level 20. I just dragged on the battle with Iron Hides. Haha.

Now all I see are Over-powered characters everywhere. Really no place for skill now unless you spend so much on Soulgems. Considering how costly they are, I'd rather spend on ACs. ..

No more skill, just Over-power the enemy with Founder Champ, or Black Dragon. Not to mention I heard something about Chain Lightning.

So nowadays I just log on to collect an occasional rare such as Rainbow Rev, Keyblade Rev, etc., and to show off my Skexis. .

Looking at the art and all, it is pretty amazing. Hopefully they'll improve the game quality such as lags, glitches, and things like that. To me the game is still pretty unstable- though it is still in Beta.

Hopefully they add some more FFA-friendly updates. Really I think this game still has potential. Just lean AWAY from Over-powered characters- no matter if they are FFA or not. That is one of my biggest issues with this game. Another is possessing/finding characters. Honestly it has become too difficult and time consuming. When Augustiner first came out, I farmed for him 13 hours, nonstop just to possess him. Only to find out he isn't Rare, and that he was made much more common in the future . .

As for Skexis, it does remind me of some kind of ghetto Cockroach- right? But true, never know what Milton is going to draw. . .

A monarch- I wouldn't expect it to be all glitter and cheers. It would relate more to a Moth than a Butterfly in my opinion, assuming based on the first-looks with Skexis. And I'll also put in a prediction stating that it'll be one of those gargantuan Queens- know what I mean?

As for Void Knight, interesting. I wonder what kinds of characters he will latch on its character tree. Perhaps the other voids like on AQW?

If Skexis/Void were to have different paths, I have to wonder. We only have 1 Skexis, and 1 Void, do we not? So if we evolve it, we sacrifice the Apprentice ver. of them? Never able to get them back? AND, if they do happen to have different paths, then we would only be able to choose one? Oh how tricky! That way there'd may be diversity within the numbers.

EDIT: For the post I made above, I need to correct something. Nulgath is not a Mod, but a Dev.

Posts merged. Please do not double post! Simply click the "Edit" button at the top right corner of your previous post and edit as needed. Thank you! ~Beck, Archknight of Oversoul

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 10/29/2013 8:13:40 >
Post #: 41
10/29/2013 8:20:21   
Megadragonknight

@suggestion
quote:

Now all I see are Over-powered characters everywhere. Really no place for skill now unless you spend so much on Soulgems. Considering how costly they are, I'd rather spend on ACs. ..

Please define OP characters. There are a number of free characters that can prove to be very strong and a match against a number of SG characters. Aqueous and Earth Elemental are one of them. The only thing which you make a mistake would be spending on ACs because spending on ACs with real money is just unworthy as most ACs are rare and it just waste your money over many items as there will be future items which will be even more better than current and previous ACs items. I don't wish to go off-topic anymore since its not AQW forum but in my opinion, spending on SG is worthy than ACs as most SG characters are non-rare so you can be able to obtain as many SG characters as you can in the future. No need to rush as you can get them anytime you want.

For the OP characters, I don't see anyone of them being OP unless the characters we used are like Vergil of Fiend boss and Witchblade boss who used boss deck and easily kill any opponent within a few round. That was the perfect example of OP characters who seem very unbeatable until they were nerfed due to a mistake Warlic make when coding. To me, OP characters would be an unbeatable character who have the ultimate deck and when used in PvP, they can easily kill high level opponent even at low level.
Post #: 42
10/29/2013 8:29:44   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

Like others, I really stopped playing Oversoul. My honest opinion is that it reached its peak at Stress Test~ Alpha test.

Unfortunately, Oversoul did lost a lot of players shortly after Alpha/Early Beta. However, this is understandable due to the serious lack of attention OverSoul has been getting lately. After Omni is released, I'm really hoping this game gets the attention it deserves.

quote:

No more skill, just Over-power the enemy with Founder Champ, or Black Dragon. Not to mention I heard something about Chain Lightning.

All characters have weaknesses. So there's really no "OP" character unless you're dueling someone that's using the same element as yourself. For example, a Black Dragon has never beaten me when I used a Monk (note that it was the Master evolution, not the Legendary one). The same goes for Founder Champion, Lord Beck actually beat mine with his Ice Beetle who was only a few levels higher.

quote:

Another is possessing/finding characters. Honestly it has become too difficult and time consuming.

Finding these rare characters is one of the few gameplay methods we current have. I actually enjoy the difficultly of finding rare characters like Poison Drake, Weteye, Kruger, etc. and being able to show them off. It's the only distinction we have between players that have put a lot of time into the game and those who haven't.

The ArchFiend Needs Your Support.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
10/29/2013 8:31:29   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

This is a fact that is false. People generally overlook free characters because of either simple design or or lack of cost of currency.
I can tell you from experience one of the best characters I ever used is Volt Engineer. Not only can you pack quite the punch, even without CC, his Defenses aren't half bad either and you can easily add just one shield or two to make him very battle ready.

quote:

Hopefully they add some more FFA-friendly updates. Really I think this game still has potential. Just lean AWAY from Over-powered characters- no matter if they are FFA or not. That is one of my biggest issues with this game. Another is possessing/finding characters. Honestly it has become too difficult and time consuming. When Augustiner first came out, I farmed for him 13 hours, nonstop just to possess him. Only to find out he isn't Rare, and that he was made much more common in the future ..

It was said over and over Augestiner and Bavaria were not meant to be perm. rares. The game is NOT focused much on having rares weekly and such. A lot of Characters and cards are available for everyone at specific times because if everything went rare, there would be no open content! :)

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
10/29/2013 8:53:20   
legend knight

quote:

I absolutely disagree with this point. None of the characters are OP since they all have their weakness. Even Nulgath have his weak point and so does Drakath and his chaos master even though they are god-like in AQW realm. Nulgath would also have his weak point no matter how strong, dangerous or even when he is a god-like in OS realm. If any characters are OP, we can see many players complaining about it.

Post #: 45
10/29/2013 9:19:57   
friend18

quote:

Another is possessing/finding characters. Honestly it has become too difficult and time consuming.

That's one of the points of the game. There are supposed to be challenges in place for players. It shouldn't be so easy
that every player could obtain the character. There would be no point in players having certain characters or not.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
10/29/2013 23:39:11   
Gorillo Titan

This game has a lot of good characters you don't need to spend sgs on Fiend blade,cowboy,cowgirl, sword matron, Kruger, poison drake, Lich, trainee, cosmoa, Any of the starters are very good at master
Post #: 47
10/30/2013 0:56:49   
legion of souls

Skexis rank-up? Nulgath never fails to impress...

Keep it up OS team!

AQW Epic  Post #: 48
10/30/2013 4:26:10   
Finncollier

anyone think nulgath will treat everyone and release a halloween deck of cards for customisation. like a card for each element.

"stand before the executioners block and hope you don't get chopped."
- The executioner
Post #: 49
10/31/2013 8:12:32   
Megadragonknight

@Finn
Maybe or maybe not.

There is one thing that we really need for OS where every AE game would have, we need Frakenstein-themed character in OS with 2 sort of volt battery for Halloween!
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= October 25, 2013 - Next Week's Halloween Release!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition