Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Design Notes 7th November, 2013 - Next Week: OS Anniversary Release!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes 7th November, 2013 - Next Week: OS Anniversary Release!
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2013 18:29:05   
Andlu

Meh. Really, I will just wait for the annoucement.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 51
11/8/2013 21:00:25   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

I think it's best to assume that VK Rider will not be the evolution on one big major factor.
It was posted as a separate character on the Design Notes with no ties to anything (That we know of)

If it were to be to be part of Void Knight's Tree, Nulgath would mention it most likely on the Design Notes with the anniversary previews.

So I'm not going to say you're wrong. Anything is possible, but it's most likely not the case.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
11/8/2013 23:09:30   
Megadragonknight

@Andlu
Did I said VR is not a variant of VK? I said its very possible but Nulgath never confirmed about it and he just released both VR and BD as a promo character without informing us that VR is a variant of VK or not. So, we need a confirmation but I had always noticed VR would be the variant of VK because of his animation but not the appearance. For the evolution part, yes, anything is possible but Gender is the only different case, we don't see a male able to evolve to female UNLESS the character is genderless, this can make it very possible for it to evolve to either male or female. That's the most logic when it only comes to evolution of gender. Other than that, anything is very possible.
Post #: 53
11/8/2013 23:18:03   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I wouldn't call VR a variation of VK. The only things they have in common are their armor, half their name and a similar deck. The kind of variation Nulgath had in mind, from a post of his awhile back, was a color change or a different weapon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
11/8/2013 23:27:59   
legend knight

@Andlu
You do not 100% understand the full concept of possibility due to the lack of your logic for gender. No offense but i want to state my honest view, i do agree evolution is possible in any way, but for the gender, that is really not 100% possible. I can only say a genderless can evolve to either male or female. That's what made evolution possible. Even in-game, the developer still have to use logic or common sense and gender is one of those. The variant, that is to be agreeable that VR is the most possible variant of VK although the meaning of variant means slight difference. The deck apparently is, but the appearance don't make it 100% slight difference but only 50%. Still, it may be the variant of VK mainly but Nulgath never mentioned it even once if its the truth.
Post #: 55
11/8/2013 23:29:29   
The Jop

@legend knight
Since when does a game developer have to use logic? It's completely possible, Nulgath can do whatever he wants.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
11/8/2013 23:33:06   
Megadragonknight

@ND
That's what I had in mind when i defined the true meaning of variant. Still, VR may or may not be the variant of VK but i won't 100% confirm it to be the true variant of VK because Nulgath never mentioned that VR is the variant of VK when he released VR alongside BD as the promo character. Beside, Nulgath would mentioned that VR is a variant of VK but he didn't mentioned it when he already release VR but rather stating that its only a promo character and never say its a variant of VK. He may had forgot it but i won't any further speculation of VR being a variant of VK.
Post #: 57
11/8/2013 23:37:54   
legend knight

Does this mean male can evolve to female? Alright! You ALL said anything is possible, everything is possible! Lets see that Void Knight can also evolve to Nulgath, Void Incarnate female can evolve to the good archangel. Don't say i being ridiculous, you guys say anything is possible.
Post #: 58
11/8/2013 23:46:31   
Megadragonknight

@legend
Dude, chill! Jop have a point anything is possible and Nulgath can do what he wants and some can be quite silly even though its possible. Gender would be a new thing to see so i had another new interest to see a male/female evolving to female/male although this is the most extremely weird and silly stuff to ever happen.
Post #: 59
11/8/2013 23:50:53   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

I'm just going to end this now, Void Dragon Rider is NOT the Void Knights evolution. A good clue is the fact that the evolutions for both characters are still being made, or else they would have been released last week.

Let me remind you of the "Gotta Posses 'Em All" poster chalked full of ideas for characters which took varying amounts of time to be released (some still aren't released), so just because a given character's already been drawn doesn't mean that it has to have been released at a given time. And that's the case for Void Dragon Rider unless I've missed something, it's a character that has been drawn but simply not added as a character yet whether that's because Nulgath wanted to save it for the anniversary release (most likely imo), needs more time to flash it (less likely), a combination of those factors, or whatever the case may be. After all, the anniversary wasn't last week.

You are of course as free to make hypotheses and speculations as the rest of us, but presenting information as if you know it for a fact when you don't will confuse the playerbase as it suggests that you've been made privy to information from the devs regarding this matter because of your position when that isn't the case.

quote:

Woot Sage with the TKO!

Point in case.

Asuka is also a Tester and although his opinion is that "it's best to assume that VK Rider will not be the evolution", he acknowledges that it's possible and that he is just making an assumption in lieu of any sort of confirmation from the devs. Why would one Tester be privy to exclusive information that the other isn't? It wouldn't make sense.

My opinion is that it's likely Void Dragon Rider will be the evolution simply because it features an existing character, Void Knight, on a mount. When you look at Ghypsophilia's character tree, her Legendary form is her Master form on a mount in much the same way that Void Dragon Rider is Void Knight on a mount.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/8/2013 23:59:27 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
11/9/2013 0:40:20   
legend knight

@TFP
What makes you think Dragonfiend Rider is absolutely the evolution of VK?

Let me tell you all, if Dragonfiend rider is really the evolution of VK, I will rage quit OS for good since I don't have VK at all because I missed stress test due to time zone difference for only 1 hour if Nulgath never shifted the timing to an hour later and its already too late for me since I must sleep! I wish there could be a character that have the appearance of VK even though it was a very slim chance but it did happen, dragonfiend rider is the character I wish for but there was possible chance it could be evolution of VK but it was not the case due to some reason Sage mentioned. Why won't you all think fairly for those who missed stress test because of the most valid reason?! If I live in the same time zone, I won't complain if I miss stress test as its just my bad luck. You guys are very unfair and inconsiderate to some of us! I don't care how extremely good VK evolution will be so long as its not dragonfiend rider but if it does, I will rage quit as VK is my favourite character and I don't already try to request a way for the original VK to be release to non stress tester with a weak deck.
Post #: 61
11/9/2013 0:44:25   
The Jop

@legend knight
He said he thinks it's the evolution because it's the Void Knight with a mount. He didn't say it absolutely is, he just shared his opinion. His point was that testers should not be stating their assumptions as facts because of the value their words have to players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
11/9/2013 0:45:46   
Asuka

quote:

You are of course as free to make hypotheses and speculations as the rest of us, but presenting information as if you know it for a fact when you don't will confuse the playerbase as it suggests that you've been made privy to information from the devs regarding this matter because of your position when that isn't the case.

I wouldn't say that, actually. No matter the opinion, Sage does know what he's talking about. It's best to to go down this road ^.^

quote:

Asuka is also a Tester and although his opinion is that "it's best to assume that VK Rider will not be the evolution", he acknowledges that it's possible and that he is just making an assumption in lieu of any sort of confirmation from the devs. Why would one Tester be privy to exclusive information that the other isn't? It wouldn't make sense.

Testers are knowledgeable, but somethings, Nulgath can be so chaotic, things can change! But going by my own knowledge, AQW and OverSoul are different (Both in animation and game play) One game may not be as easy for animation on the other.

So try avoiding claims that saying "It's done for this game! Why isn't it here yet?" as both are unique to themselves!

I'm going to say Sage is indeed correct that the rider is indeed NOT the evolution for Void Knight! But I like your theory very much!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 63
11/9/2013 0:47:28   
The Jop

@Asuka
Both of you said "to assume" or "a good clue", do you actually know for a fact?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
11/9/2013 0:51:05   
Beck

I trust Asuka and Sage, and if they say that Nulgath drew up something else for Void Knight's evolution, I'd believe them. Either way, we find out next week.
AQW  Post #: 65
11/9/2013 0:52:26   
The Jop

@Beck
But they didn't, Sage said there's a good clue that it's not the evolution, and Asuka said it's best to assume/most likely not the case. Of course if they said that I would believe them, they're about as knowledgeable about the game's releases as the staff.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/9/2013 0:53:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
11/9/2013 0:54:50   
Beck

@The Jop
From Asuka:
quote:

I'm going to say Sage is indeed correct that the rider is indeed NOT the evolution for Void Knight! But I like your theory very much!

Yeah I'd say that's pretty definitive xD
AQW  Post #: 67
11/9/2013 0:56:22   
The Jop

@Beck
"Going to say" is not exactly definitive. I think Asuka just trusts Sage's word.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
11/9/2013 0:56:47   
TheSage

Yes we do know for a fact the Dragon Rider is NOT the Void Knight's evolution. We also do not know when the Dragon Rider will get released.

As for the VR/VK variation argument i just want to point out that Void Knight was drawn 1st and the Void Reaper was drawn 2nd, but the Reaper was released first due to the Knight being the Stress Test reward.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
11/9/2013 0:57:56   
Asuka

Actually, only I was the only one to say "To assume". Not Sage. I'll take that claim owo.

Why yes, you can absolutely assume! That's the great part of mysteries, isn't it? Always wondering, never really quite for sure until you see it? I'll never ask for you to stop assuming unless something is for certain not going to happen.

But that's what the forums are for! For the players to assume and figure out together! But of course, spoilers on what we can say ;)

But what I can say, I would drop the Rider speculation. It's certainly a good theory however. A good one to read.

< Message edited by Asuka -- 11/9/2013 0:58:31 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
11/9/2013 0:58:11   
The Jop

@Sage
Ah, would have saved a lot of time if words like assume and likely weren't used.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
11/9/2013 0:59:21   
Megadragonknight

I believe in Sage and Asuka's theory. They are tester and would gain as much knowledge as the staff members. Asuka make a very good point, the only way that both Sage and Asuka won't know is when Nulgath decide to be very chaotic. There is just some really good explanation why Dragonfiend Rider won't be VK evolution. Its just an explanation some won't understand.

Dragonfiend Rider is really the character I wanted so much. Its a dragon rider which I always wanted in-game and it came true not to mention its a VK riding on the fiend dragon. I understand why some would find any reason or point just so they would defend themselves and ensure dragonfiend rider will be the evolution of VK but don't deny that you are making an assumption of Dragonfiend Rider being evolution of VK.

We will find out very soon and I hope for a good news. Please don't let Dragonfiend Rider be the evolution of VK no matter what!

Edit: I don't want this discussion to be very hatred. I feel some already have hatred with each other and this hatred must stop. If Sage's word really mean it, he means it and his words are correct every time the release was lived. Beside, its already like a spoiler that dragonfiend rider is not the evolution of VK. But it would definitely be a major spoiler to tell how VK evolution will look like. But apart from that, we forumites always discuss and speculate stuff but at times, hatred is to be expected and that's why some must stop the discussion.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 11/9/2013 1:04:34 >
Post #: 72
11/9/2013 6:47:00   
Cyberbeast10

On a different topic (Combo bonuses): I would like to see the damage buff be a static damage buff [like +300 for 3 hits; +500, for 5 hits] and not a percent[%] based buff.

If the damage buff is percent-wise, it would be unbalanced. If the percent was something like 25% bonus, then a 5 hit combo of 100 Attack Cards would only deal 625 damage (a full hand less effective than a Holy Strike), while a 5 hit combo of 500 Attack cards will deal 3,125 damage (Higher than the Twin Fireball + Incinerate combo of Fire characters)

This makes the 5 hit combos more effective for 500 Attack Card, which already have the benefit of being more energy efficient than other damage cards (Puts their ratio gain to 1.56), while it doesn't do much for 100/200 Attack cards that aren't as efficient (among other drawbacks like weakening the DPH [Damage per hand] of a character).

On the other hand, if the damage buff was static (for example +500 for 5 hit combos), then there would be more benefits for using 100 Attack cards. A 5 hit combo of 100 Attack Cards would end up dealing 1000 damage (ratio of 2) (375 more damage) while a 5 hit combo of 500 Attack cards will deal 3000 (Ratio 1.5) (125 less damage). This would make the lower Attack cards have an edge against 500 attack cards that are more energy efficient in their use and give better uses to them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
11/9/2013 7:08:25   
Megadragonknight

@cyber
That's a good idea and I would say static damage buff is way better than having percentage based buff. This is to maintain balance for the game. So, this will go well for 3 hit combo getting +300 damage and 5 hit combo getting +500 damage.

Now all that's left is the DoT for 3 hit combo and stun for 5 hit combo. To maintain balance, stun should only have effect for 1 turn while DoT, that's a little but tricky to suggest. How about this? It deal 200 damage per 3 round.
Post #: 74
11/9/2013 7:12:24   
Leprechaun

I haz no Skexis >.<
On the other side: MEOW!

Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes 7th November, 2013 - Next Week: OS Anniversary Release!
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition