Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/24/2015 19:23:42   
Frostsoul

I can see what your saying I'd say more so for the normal soulweaver than master though. Oh...I see wood doesn't exist anymore at first I thought you just meant nature. I've got to say they look pretty good to me expecially the master soulweaver with wood looms. So which looms do you typically use for me it's Ice and Darkness I prefer the master soulweaver looms though. On a side not about Master soulweaver at this point in time it's just aesthetic right? Or is the Hero consider a master soulweaver now I'd love that if it were true.
Post #: 226
8/24/2015 20:06:00   
Solanaceae
Legendary Nightshade

Well, I don't really know if there is that much of a distinction in rank so much as a marked improvement in skill and discipline for the Hero, considering how MSW is a tier up from SW (T3 vs. T2). However, since we were taught by Tomix to SoulWeave, I'm not sure if the other Weavers would really accept us, being taught by someone banished and whatnot.
DF  Post #: 227
8/24/2015 20:40:11   
Frostsoul

Well it's not like the Hero is part of any distinct order or sect within any of the disciples they learn. Skill wise though are we really master rank because I would think there was still a ways to go that's why I was wondering if in game master soulweaver was mostly aesthetic. It kinda doesn't matter I guess but I would like to know.
Post #: 228
8/24/2015 22:11:38   
W.A.R.Z.

@FrostSoul
Master SoulWeaver is more powerful in some ways (but Baltael's Aventail doesn't work with it yet... even though Baltael's Aventail and MSW have "Good" looms but SW doesn't, so if you wanted to use the complete Judgement Wheel replica with SoulWeaver and Baltael's Aventail your looms would be differently colored, yet if you used Master SoulWeaver instead you wouldn't get the artifact effect right now)

Sorry if all of these comments about regular SoulWeaver not having a "Good" loom would be considered spam.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 229
8/24/2015 22:35:35   
pumloo

@frostsoul I like to think my character is a master because (Master)Soulweaver is my favorite class and I use it a heck of a lot.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 230
8/24/2015 22:58:50   
Frostsoul

@pumloo I'd like to think my character is adept at soulweaver I just kind of wish there was something sort of thing in game I could do as a milestone, getting the aventail was a good start. Soon I'll truly be a master ahaha.

@W.A.R.Z. so we can equip Baltael's aventail with Master soulweaver the effect just doesn't work?
Post #: 231
8/24/2015 23:13:22   
PusatShrade

^That's right. In fact, you can equip Baltael's Aventail with every class, but it only works with SoulWeaver.
DF AQW  Post #: 232
8/24/2015 23:17:05   
Frostsoul

Still looks cool too bad I'm not on a high enough level to use it. I'll train and become a true master soulweaver though. Random question is the katana from the slash attack made from soulthread.
Post #: 233
8/25/2015 2:56:47   
LouisCyphere

Most likely yes and it's re purposed for combat.
Using threads as weapons reminds me of the anime Kill La Kill.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 234
8/25/2015 5:16:37   
Chazero

The Aventail not working with MSW has been bothering me ever since it was released several months ago. Why not just have it functionally work for now and make the animations later?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 235
8/25/2015 5:41:39   
Frostsoul

Now that you mention it I'm sort of curious about it too there's probably a reason. It does seem strange since soulweaver and master soulweaver are essentially the same class. At least in certain ways who knows coding wise it could be a real problem or maybe nobody has gotten around to it. Oh a side note about the synch skill for master soulweaver it should use book 3 Aegis shouldn't wonder if its ever going to get changed.

< Message edited by Frostsoul -- 8/25/2015 5:42:32 >
Post #: 236
8/25/2015 10:36:33   
LouisCyphere

Someone just correct me if I'm wrong. From what I've remembered. Soulweaver is tier 2 since it is a storyline class. While Master Soulweaver is tier 3 since you need another class to unlock it. While MSW is usable, it hasn't yet been fully integrated into the storyline. It has a complete skill set but animations for the integration of the artifact are not yet complete, that's why the aventail is not yet compatible with MSW.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 237
8/25/2015 10:44:10   
Ash

Because that's doing things halfway and it'll get left forever if we do in the mess of everything else we're trying to do. It also begs the question, if the only reason you're even wanting to use MSW is for the huge damage attack with the artifact and not the fact that it's a stronger armor skill wise. If all you're looking for is one nuke skill there are other armors that will suit your wants. Pushing for something to get done sooner just for a nuke means that it gets rushed and done in a sloppy manner instead of with care that Tomix would normally do it with. Don't rush something just for a nuke skill.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 238
8/25/2015 15:56:48   
Frostsoul

I prefer master soulweavers design over soulweavers. I can't even use the aventail right now. I was just curious but I figure there was a reason it hadn't been done yet. As for nuke skill I'm less concerned by what it does for synch and more concerned about the other skills doesn't it add defense to soul aegis and a hit to one of the attack can't remember of the top of my head. Either way when ever it gets done it get done I would rather someone put time and care then to rush something out.

P.S Using Soul synch a second time is like my secret weapon in soul weaver. You can't go using it willy nilly.
Post #: 239
8/26/2015 22:14:07   
Drop_Bear

I don't know about everyone else but I like Master Soul Weaver as it is, the designs just look nice and the class plays smoothly. If your already using the class who would say no to a power increase? I certainly wouldn't. I don't mind waiting though as theres plenty of other really nice classes available and the class plays nicely without it.
Post #: 240
9/8/2015 15:49:25   
Frostsoul

This is just a general question but do all soulweavers aside from the Hero weave with the element of their Soul-ally. Also in game is the Hero weaving with Ice all the time or just the element they have chosen.
Post #: 241
9/18/2015 13:53:39   
*FAINTS*....

Actually, I had a question.
If I remembered correctly, Ash, you said that part of Soulweaver's "flavor" is supposed to be sustained damage, with the later Chaosweaver being burst damage.
Does making the BaltaelSynch skill a nuke make Soulweaver a different class as opposed to making it better at what it does? I felt that the way that BaltaelSynch is a nuke doesn't make the class better at sustained damage (Impact is great for that, but the opportunity to use a BaltaelSynch that gave a strong boost would improve that further), it makes it more like the to-be-released Chaosweaver.
Thanks!
AQ DF  Post #: 242
10/2/2015 17:50:59   
W.A.R.Z.

Would it be possible to have a level 1 no-stat version of Baltael's Aventail that still has the artifact effect? I was just wondering because I have a level 11 character who's fully trained with SoulWeaver and has the Peculiar Visor but won't be able to use it for another 49 levels.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 243
10/2/2015 20:17:17   
Azan

W.A.R.Z., Baltael's Aventail is specifically meant to be an end-game accessory, unlike the Cloak Scrap level 1 artifact.
Post #: 244
10/4/2015 11:59:05   
W.A.R.Z.

@Azan
What if it gave stat losses to compensate for the artifact abilities?
Ex: All -10, STR -6, DEX -6, INT -6, END -6, WIS -6, CHA -6, LUK -6, Crit -10, Bonus -10, Melee -2, Pierce -2, Magic -2, Block -2, Dodge -2, Parry -2
That's probably too much stat losses, but that's just for an example.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 245
10/4/2015 12:06:57   
Ash

Artifacts are not meant to be used by any characters under the current tiers of the objects. The only exception was the cloak scrap. They are, for the most part, meant to be end game things you work on getting when you have nothing else to do that changes how the class functions. (I.E. changing SW from sustained to burst damage while increasing defense some) Unless we do another special thing for new players, most artifacts are going to have the same tiers as the Aventail. (Most as in all but the special ones like the cloak scrap)

< Message edited by Ash -- 10/4/2015 12:07:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 246
10/14/2015 18:04:18   
1121beater

so how exactly do i become a master soulweaver?
Post #: 247
10/14/2015 22:06:43   
Ultima29

Have a DA and regular Soulweaver. It's in Book 3 Tomix Saga.
Post #: 248
10/14/2015 22:13:34   
1121beater

oh ok
Post #: 249
4/2/2016 21:07:43   
W.A.R.Z.

This isn't the first time I'm bringing this up, but when you use SoulWeaver with a good weapon and Baltael's Aventail, the color of your arm-looms doesn't match the color of your head-looms. (Because MSW and the Aventail have a dedicated Good-element loom but regular SoulWeaver doesn't) Here's a side-by-side comparison of SoulWeaver and Master SoulWeaver using a "Good" weapon and Baltael's Aventail:

Link in Regular gameplay size
Link when zooming in to 500% size

Approximate SoulWeaver Loom Color (Misc color) (Hex code #CC00FF)
Approximate MSW/Aventail Loom Color ("Good" color) (Hex code #FF66CC)

I've also brought this up before, but would it be possible to reuse the Wood-element looms for an element that doesn't have a dedicated one (Bacon?)
Here's a link for those that don't know/remember what it looks like.
Approximate Wood-Loom color (Hex code#FDA31C)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 13«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition