Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 13«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2013 7:14:35   
Silver
Helpful!

I wouldn't really want a custom soulally. Aegis is like, one of my favorite characters in the whole of DF. Much better than stinkin' Aspar...
spoiler:

I thought this even BEFORE I knew he was envy

Falcon's Nest: Dragonfable Discord Server
DragonsGrasp: Dragonfable Discord Server
Post #: 26
12/17/2013 18:57:10   
TimeKiller

Ikr aegis is awesome and hes gonna(hopefully) have more skills now since we were frozen and they are updating him
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/17/2013 19:16:57   
LigerBeard

@TimeKiller: True, plus it's boudn to happen the next time Ravenloss updates or soon after imo.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/20/2013 18:49:40   
Norania

Its easy to use though even though I'm lvl 37 I still have problems with the higher mana cost and on occasion find it more beneficial to just keep going with my mage rather than use the armor. But at the same time it doesn't seem like soul weaver is a go it alone armor. Aegis is there to be an extension of the armor itself. Of course sometimes I'd rather use konnan because he doesn't use any mana but Aegis's high atk powers and normal powers help making it through any mission however if there was a mission that could be endless I would not take him along as he would run out of mana ether fast or slowly if I didn't hurry. Ether way going solo is a bad idea when using the armor. Its high mana cost just drains you too fast if you don't have a companion there to help speed it up and on occasion, take the blow for you.
Post #: 29
12/20/2013 19:57:59   
Princess Shiki

Soul Weaver is a really fun class. I can't use the right side of the skills because I'm not a DA player (I know what I want for Frostval!) but the left side skills are very cool looking. I use it as a side class for my Rogue if I'm bored or if I just want a change. But I'd definitely make it my main class if I had a DA. I'm terrible at defensive play anyway. I'd rather enslave the enemy with otherworldly chains and then do a series of attacks leading up to a 15-hit combo of awesomeness!
Post #: 30
12/21/2013 8:52:36   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

This is the first class which inspired me to draw a set based on it here is the link!
OP for a non-DA class !

Post #: 31
12/29/2013 20:43:44   
Anfraction

@above Looks great! I believe that if the staff would implement it into the game, I'd love to use it with my (soon-to-be-acquired) Master Soulweaver.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
12/30/2013 16:01:37   
TimeKiller

that doesn't make any cense you cant wee weapons with soulweaver

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/30/2013 16:39:58   
WolfPup

the class isnt too shabby, i loved it and used it constantly before the atean armors were released. the only issues i had with the soulweaver was the high mana costs and the fact that i couldnt change elements on my hydrocombustion breaker, which it seemed like you should have been able to by clicking the glowing jewel like spot on the arm that leads to the weapon.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
12/30/2013 17:08:05   
Slashdie

I would give up using Doomknight class just if the Master Soulweaver updated. That is how much I love the original soulweaver class. It dished out high damage when I was trying to farm for the Pridemaster pet. I loved having Tomix as a guest and Riadne is a bit of an odd duck. I'm glad they have added and are updating the Master Soulweaver class. It's so nostalgic to play as it once and a while. Customizable soul-allies would also be useful. Maybe we could have a quest chain involving different elemental soul-allies, with Lady Celestia as a good soul-ally? AE can do so much with Master Soulweaver and I hope they can have it as best as possible. Also, chaosweaver would be very sick!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
7/4/2014 0:14:02   
Lord Senthos

As of now, is there a way to change the element of your weapon with the armor? Most specifically with the Ultimate Elementals Scythe
AQ DF  Post #: 36
7/4/2014 0:32:41   
  133spider

@Lord Senthos

Yes, there is actually.

Click these spots --> Click Me!

< Message edited by 133spider -- 7/4/2014 0:33:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
7/5/2014 3:36:31   
elite dark slayer

Am I the only one who thinks a murk class would be interesting?

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
7/5/2014 12:15:53   
Lord Senthos

Not at all. A Murk class would be very interesting. We don't know a lot about them, and it would be cool to find out more info. Any word on Master Soulweaver? I really would like to be able to save that class
AQ DF  Post #: 39
7/5/2014 13:25:02   
ShimmerSoul

Normal Soulweaver is gorgeous - pure elegant simplicity. I left the forums some time ago, but Tomix's style of contrasting dark neutral colors with bright glow-y effects is really pleasing to the eye. The skills are some of the strongest in the game, but one thing that bugs me a bit is that there are a handful that are really useful (i.e. crazy strong) - Synch, Banishment, Slash, Enslave - which blow everything away, and all the others - Concentrate, Soul Aegis, and all the combo attacks - are really not useful at all, so it's basically half of a class.

Master soulweaver....I'm not gonna lie, I like the original better. The fur collar, soulthread jars, and fancy spiritlooms all contrast with the simplicity of the original, and not in a good way, IMHO. The skills have yet to be seen, so there's not much to say about that, but I hope it's better balanced than the original.

In general, aside from balance, the only improvement that they need is the ability to switch elements on weapons that have that feature - right now, guessing where the weapon is hidden on the screen isn't cutting it. Maybe have the weapon on the ground or off to the side? Maybe strapped to the character's back?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
7/5/2014 13:45:03   
Lord Senthos

You think so? I quite like the new look. The jars, white fur, and spirit looms make the class look and seem more powerful and sophisticated. I wouldn't have done it any other way, in my opinion. As for the skills, I really hope Tomix adds one that has the ability to recover HP or MP. Was quite surprised when I first loaded the class that there weren't any worthwhile recovery abilities. Soulweaver is a MP muncher.

Also, I feel like there should be a better way to change weapon elements with the armor. The elemental scythes most specifically. Finding the locations can be cumbersome in battle.

< Message edited by Lord Senthos -- 7/6/2014 16:51:08 >
AQ DF  Post #: 41
7/5/2014 14:05:48   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

I also quite like Master SoulWeaver's design. It has a very elegant look, which clearly denotes it as a stronger, better SoulWeaver. Honestly, I dislike the original SoulWeaver's design. It's very bland and minimalist in a class that I felt needed a litlle bit more... oomph.

Also, Master SoulWeaver's Loom designs are much more intricate and pleasing to look at compared to SoulWeaver's Looms.

Here's hoping Master SoulWeaver's skills are the worth the wait as much as the look is.

DF MQ  Post #: 42
7/5/2014 14:07:13   
Frost Moglin

Soulweaver is a fun class to use, and the Annhilation DoT helped me kill Doctor When, who (no pun intended) had the HP of a titan.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
7/5/2014 23:58:05   
BraveSirRobin

SoulWeaver,all in all,is one of the best classes in Dragonfable.It isn't very fast,and has some trouble when facing tough multiple enemies,but it beat Dr. When.
Annihilation is very useful,and fun when you use it in Aeris(old Aeris,of course).Sorry to anyone who I fought.It's saved my life many times.
Banishment,although I was confused into thinking it had an effect or DOT,is one of my favourite attacks.
Slash is awesome.No fight goes like how it could without it.
Repentence I don't use,but it looks awesome!
Soul Aegis looks awesome,but isn't very useful.
"Overkill" is fun and adds a fast quality to the class.
Enslave,when used against you,is terrible,especially in Aeris,but is graphically and combat-wise awesome.
Soul Burst I didn't use because it was useless,but then I found out it could stun,like the new Necromancer's Inspire Terror attack.
Of course the class itself looks awesome and the Master version looks even better,adding a Headmaster quality to it,but the regular look has an underground spirit/bounty hunter/cowboy feel to it,which is awesome.
It's one of my favourite classes from one of my favourite questlines.
Post #: 44
7/6/2014 1:28:02   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

Still hoping that there would be a suggestion contest so I can show my master soulweaver weapon set.
Post #: 45
7/6/2014 2:14:45   
Lord Senthos

Oh definitely. Out of all the questlines, Tomix's has piqued my interest the most. As a result, I've fallen in love with the Soulweaver class. Really hoping Master Soulweaver gets updated soon!
AQ DF  Post #: 46
7/6/2014 17:31:51   
  133spider

^
I'm still waiting on Master Soulweaver to be able to be saved on the Orb of Saving :P
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
7/6/2014 17:54:38   
flashbang

You guys realize Tomix said MSW is gonna be a reskin of SW, right? There might be new animations. Might.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
7/6/2014 18:30:22   
ShimmerSoul

^Actually, that's what it is now. I believe there are now plans to make MSW a full-fledged class, since I've seen Ash say he's going to talk with Tomix about how he wants it balanced (see below). No need for that if it were just a re-skin.
quote:

Yes. I'll talk to Tomix sometime this week to see what he wants to do with Master Soulweaver and where he wants that to end up Tier wise.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
7/7/2014 23:03:26   
Lord Senthos

I really hope it's not just a reskin!! I've fallen in love with MSW. I would like to see some changes from the original SW.
AQ DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 13«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition