Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Secret Santa Event 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> Secret Santa Event 2013
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/1/2013 14:10:18   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Secret Santa Event

Like last year, the team of The Gallery invites people from all over the forums and community to join us in a fun Secret Santa Event!

Info
For those of you who are not familiar with this method, this is how it goes: Each forumite that signs up gets a name, and will need to create an artistic gift for them. Each forumite who signs up will also receive a gift from someone, don't worry! The names are assigned randomly, so there is no way that you can tell who is making your gift!

Stage 1 Stage 1 is over!
The first stage of this event is the easy one, signing up. Signing up will start today (December 1st) and will end at December 10th at 11:59 PM, server time (EST).
Signing up will be in this thread, and after it will end we will move to Stage 2. Specific information about Stage 2 (Times, deadlines, etc.) will be given when Stage 1 will end. Remember, currently Stage 1 is signing up. Any further details about the gifts will be given at Stage 2. Yet, if you are worried that you can't draw in Flash or don't own an expensive art program, no reason you won't be able to make a gift, any medium will work!

Also, I have another special request, which will also require signing up. From my past experience with this kind of events, there are always problems. Your computer die, something sudden happens, and thousand of another scenarios. It isn't the fault of anybody, but one of those scenarios can result a forumite who won't get their gift!
Therefore, I need volunteers, which we will be able to PM and ask for an extra gift. You don't get an extra gift for volunteering, but making sure that all of the people who made a gift will also receive one is a noble goal by itself. Post in this thread for volunteering.

Stage 2
Signing up ended, with so many people that signed up. Stage 2 is the gift making stage. Each of you will receive (Or received already, upon reading those lines) a PM from me with a name of a fellow forumite. You will be making a gift to that person. As I've stated before, the gift can be any kind of artistic gift, not just digital art. Also written art, a sculpture, and everything else you can think of. Last year someone even made a song!
There are absolutely no limitations to your gift. Any filesize, any dimensions. Remember one thing though. Plagiarism isn't accepted, not when regularly posting in the Gallery, and especially not in special events.

All of the gifts must be sent to me through PM until December 24 1:59 PM EST. The early hour is because of timezone constraints.

Also, I'm sure all of you would like to send a gift to a specific person, on top of the person you will be assigned. If you do, please send it to me, and I will include it in the gift delivery thread.

Last year, the delivery of the gifts was delayed because not all people who signed up for the event, really made a gift. With the help of lots of volunteers we were able to make sure all those who made a gift also received one. This year, I'll ask in ahead from few volunteers to make some general gifts, which will definitely be better than very last minute gift. Also, I want to emphasize again that if you won't make a gift, I can't guarantee you will receive one.
Please help me make the event as fun as it should be by fully participating!

Let the fun begin!

< Message edited by PyroPuppy -- 12/11/2013 5:50:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
12/1/2013 14:15:14   
Geek

Count me in!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
12/1/2013 14:22:10   
Alchemist Gira

Sure why not!
I wanna join ;D!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
12/1/2013 14:27:53   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

Of course I'm in! >:D

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 12/1/2013 14:31:14 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 4
12/1/2013 15:11:35   
Riprose123

Definitely in!
DF MQ  Post #: 5
12/1/2013 19:24:52   
Razen

I need an excuse to draw, so why not? In the words of the wise Leeroy Jenkins, "LET'S DO THIS!"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/1/2013 19:44:17   
Aura Knight

Sounds nice. I'm not really too artistic, but I'll give it a shot.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
12/1/2013 19:52:08   
Skurge
The Dealer

Expect something Steampunk from me! I can volunteer for that extra gift as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/1/2013 20:22:44   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Could someone send me a PM elaborating on what type of gift we actually give the person we are assigned? I would love to enter.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/1/2013 20:26:06   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

I'll be happy to sign up once again Pyro. And sign me up for volunteering to help with the extra gift-stuff too!

Just tell me who, and how many and i'll help you get things rolling :)

And merry early early early Frostval to all of you.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/1/2013 20:49:18   
DeathGuard

I enjoyed last year's event, count me in please :D
I could also do volunteering to help too
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/1/2013 21:07:29   
Riprose123

Last year, literature was an acceptable alternative to art. Is that still true this year?
DF MQ  Post #: 12
12/1/2013 21:09:42   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Sign me up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/1/2013 21:29:31   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Consider me signed up! When you say...artistic, can it be a written work?
DF  Post #: 14
12/1/2013 21:32:50   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

SECRET SANTA! :D

Definitely participating again this year. Last year was so much fun. And I'm also more than happy to be put on the list for extra artwork if needed.

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 12/1/2013 21:34:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
12/1/2013 21:49:48   
  Starflame13

I'd like to try participating, although I'm not the best artist. It sounds like fun!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
12/1/2013 21:51:35   
Galez

I love this event so count me in also.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
12/1/2013 23:21:12   
Viking_Jorun

Count me in!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/1/2013 23:51:51   
Alexandria Serthes

I'd love to join in on this.
Also, I volunteer as tribute (so please count me in for giving extra).
DF AQW  Post #: 19
12/2/2013 0:05:41   
Char

Count me in! :D
Post #: 20
12/2/2013 0:19:26   
Heroes of the Scape

Loved it last year. Put me on the roster.
AQ  Post #: 21
12/2/2013 0:31:33   
Beck

Err... I'll sign up too I suppose :) Bring on the art!
AQW  Post #: 22
12/2/2013 1:02:52   
Orian

Sign me up :o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/2/2013 1:03:57   
Jecht Dracopyre
Original Hybrid

Toss my name in teh bucket plz ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/2/2013 1:33:52   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

hay
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> Secret Santa Event 2013
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition