Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Design Notes: 2nd December, 2013 - Tools of the Trade!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes: 2nd December, 2013 - Tools of the Trade!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2013 19:58:55   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

OverSoul News!
Posted on December 2nd, 2013 by Nulgath

Tools of the Trade

Last week my achilles heal was cut when it comes to my digital art/animations. My companion of almost 10 years decided it was done working... my Wacom monitor! After disbelief, multiple attempts to bring it back to life and seeing if it could be repaired, I accepted it's passing. I bought this baby around 2004 and my ability to create with quality and speed, directly into the computer, shot through the roof. It's served me better than I could ever ask for.
I ordered my new weapon of choice ( the 512GB Wacom Companion ) last week with a 2 day rush delivery and have yet to recieve it. I understand it was a holiday but when you pay extra for a rush delivery you kind of expect well... a fast delivery.
Anyway, I am completly useless trying to create with a mouse... My sketchbook is getting a lot of attention though. I'm hoping I get my new companion today! Expect greatness once it comes!

Update: Just called them directly and it seems they've been closed since last wednesday so I won't get my monitor till either this Thursday or Friday. Oh well, at least it's coming.

R.I.P
Cintiq 15X LCD Tablet Wacom
2004 - 2013

Rest in peace ~Skurge
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/2/2013 20:04:03   
The Jop

You will be remembered for your years of service. R.I.P.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/2/2013 20:05:33   
The Finnish Phoenix

Yay for transparency! We love you Nulgath!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
12/2/2013 20:06:02   
Teserve

RIP Monitor.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/2/2013 20:06:14   
Beck

R.I.P. Cintiq... we appreciated the magics you've wrought!
AQW  Post #: 5
12/2/2013 20:12:42   
BJEBLE

That monitor lasted a LONG time, R.I.P. The Immortal Monitor, or as I shall call it, TIM.
DF  Post #: 6
12/2/2013 20:21:15   
Andlu

R.I.P Monitor! We'll mis you!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
12/2/2013 20:24:54   
DarkLore

R.I.P Our chances of getting Older Rev before release day.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/2/2013 20:30:53   
Megadragonknight

RIP faithful Monitor of Nulgath. You did very well for the past 10 years. I salute you for helping Nulgath out to bring extremely incredible arts to every single characters! Its time you rest and leave to the new faithful Monitor of Nulgath to handle out your job. You will never be forgotten! :)
Post #: 9
12/2/2013 20:43:24   
DarkLore

THAT'S RIGHT! Even the darkness of this land would be nothing without the Overworld existing! *Cries tears of darkness*.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/2/2013 21:45:08   
Teserve

quote:

my achilles heal was cut

quote:

achilles heal

quote:

heal

At least the healing process has begun.

< Message edited by Teserve -- 12/2/2013 21:46:31 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/2/2013 21:53:43   
Cyber doom5

it surprises me that the man who has animated and done the art for a majority of AE's games does not have more then one computer
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
12/2/2013 22:52:16   
Skurge
The Dealer

Cyber doom5: There's really no need for more than one drawing tablet/monitor. I have a lot of colleagues in my Art Majors class that only have one as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/2/2013 22:56:29   
  Kiyone

Sorry to hear that happen to Nulgath. Sometimes a person personal tool they used to create things becomes very important and attachment to it can be as strong as person with a pet. where if you think about it a lot of his AE creation came from that computer. So rest well mighty electronic you serve him well.

Since Nulgath mention he's been working on his sketch book. I wonder what intrigue things may come from that.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/3/2013 0:31:31   
DidYouKnowThat

Anyways, bye-bye Monitor. Hey Nulgath, keep that monitor as a memento. :P

Inappropriate content removed. Please refrain from posting off-topic or otherwise idle chatter as it is considered spam. ~Skurge

< Message edited by Skurge -- 12/3/2013 8:12:33 >

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vt6qew.png
Post #: 15
12/3/2013 3:22:07   
bei4

RIP monitor you did really good job on helping nulgath the past 10 years.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/3/2013 3:33:56   
Alpha Seagull

That tablet brought forth Hex. Bless that tablet.
I say he should cover it with resin and frame it on the Wall of #Swag.
~HexGull

AQW  Post #: 17
12/3/2013 4:24:33   
  Kokujoe

That Wacom Tablet has been through both good and rough times along Nulgath's path to success as an [accomplished artist/animator] over the past few years. And I'm proud to say that it has served its purpose well [lasting 10 years is an achievement in itself]. So farewell dear tablet, you'll be remembered. And as someone has already stated it earlier, it deserves to be kept as a memento.

**Lastly, I'm curious to find out what all character concepts Nulgath has come up with in his sketchbook during his tablet's absence. And lets just hope the new one arrives soon. ^____^

~Kokujoe
Post #: 18
12/3/2013 7:37:28   
Megadragonknight

Wacom Tablet did extremely well to last for 10 years and bring out tons of magnificent characters and so is extremely attractive arts and designs! Dragonfiend Rider, Cyber Void, Void Champion, every voids and fiends character and many more of OS characters! Its very sad even for a non-living thing to cease to work anymore. Wacom Tablet is a very important companion to Nulgath even if it cease to function anymore. It shall be remembered forever for all the amazing artwork it brought to us! RIP Wacom Tablet, your purpose is serve and will be remember forever. Its time for the new Wacom to serve his new companion, Nulgath, and will continue the original Wacom's job, to bring more magnificent characters and arts!

I am interested in all the character concepts Nulgath work on in his sketchbook. Whatever it is, its sure to be amazing!
Post #: 19
12/3/2013 7:41:49   
odsey

A sad farewell to you Wacom Tablet. You have serve Nulgath well. Nulgath have made many gorgeous thing's, from the frost void, Founder Champion,Void Knight,Hex Void, Grimlord,Xmas fiend and many more character.. with the latest being Cyber void,Void Champion,Resonance and Skexis. You may not be a living thing, but it is sad to see something that act like a friend,even for a non living thing to die.

But I know Nulgath will get a replacement. Can't wait for the new character to be release.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/3/2013 10:07:30   
Axel459
The Void Calls

RIP Cintiq you did a great job in those 10 yrs of work.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
12/3/2013 12:49:28   
sith lord 456

my condolences.
Post #: 22
12/3/2013 23:34:35   
Hendrik

2004-2013, Rest in peace.

I do feel sorry for Mr Pool and hope no one minds releases coming a bit later(, if at all this week).

The joys of being a solo dolo entrepreneur.. keep on hustling!

On a side note, I wonder what people would be willing to pay for that? It is a legendary item for anyone who plays AQW or OS..
Oh, and that Rush Delivery bs.. I would definitely demand a refund!
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 23
12/4/2013 5:57:02   
BWMagician

Rest in peace old Wacom Monitor. Thank you for all the great art you helped make.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/4/2013 14:43:45   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

Does this mean we may not get any releases this week since It won't arrive until Thursday or Friday?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes: 2nd December, 2013 - Tools of the Trade!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition