Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Design Notes: 13th December, 2013 - 1st Upholder Void is LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes: 13th December, 2013 - 1st Upholder Void is LIVE!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/13/2013 15:30:03   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

1st Upholder Void is LIVE!
Posted on December 13th, 2013 by Nulgath

Early Arrival Update!

1st Upholder: Void Rebirth is HERE!

Players who buy Soul Gems between October 31st and January 1st will receive this RARE 1st Upholder Void!

Soul Gem Packages:

Custom Card Rotation:
Ice and Shadow

Characters:

• 1st Upholder Void: Void Rebirth
  • Revontheus Master
  • Rudolphtheus
  • Jack
  • Jack Ice
  • Jack Frost
  • Thanksgiving Seasonals are removed.

Founder's Shop of Rares of the Year
    This shop is only available to Founders!

• Rev Egg
  • Keyblade Revontheus
  • Rainbowtheus

Sage of the Cards!
    For a long time now Sage has been putting together card decks for new OS characters. Sage is very passionate about contributing ideas and balance to Oversoul as a game tester and so has earned his personal Avatar. This character has very unique attacks, you'll need to duel him to find out what they are. In the future look out for possible Sage variants available to the public!

• Notice: I would just like to remind everyone that there are threads for suggesting new features in OverSoul. Do not bother or complain to Sage (via Forums) about any inquiries you may have regarding the structure of a deck. Below are a list of threads you may find useful:

• =OS= Dragons, Undead & Paladins... oh my! Character Suggestion Thread
  • =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
  • =OS= What Would YOU Like to See?
  • =OS= Balance Discussion Thread

Also, Asuka declined the offer for an in game character - so there will be no discussing whether or not Asuka "deserves" one.

< Message edited by Skurge -- 12/13/2013 15:55:29 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    12/13/2013 15:31:24   
    Vagaran

AWESOME!

Master Rev looks so badass, can't wait to get him!

And gratz to Sage for getting his own avatar!
    AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 2
    12/13/2013 15:33:21   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

This is TheSage, right? Congratulations to him!
    Rev's FACE, it makes me writhe in awe!
    Post #: 3
    12/13/2013 15:33:47   
    Gorillo Titan

Just need to catch rudolph and jack and my oversoul hiatus will begin again. Also rev master looks like he's constipated when he does spell cards like petrify. lol

Also get my rev egg to level 4 and buy another rev egg so I can have all four forms.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 12/13/2013 15:35:55 >
    Post #: 4
    12/13/2013 18:54:54   
    BWMagician

Finally, I get to evolve my Rev to Master :D
    The "walking" animation is really cool, but, there's one thing that kinda bugs me.
    Is it supposed to have Earth cards?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    12/13/2013 19:11:29   
    Hendrik

So Upholder is Fire/Neutral.. Interesting..
    AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 6
    12/13/2013 19:13:50   
    darkknight skull

The answer would be Yes. Rev had this adult form made over a year ago, I doubt there would be a mistake.

Also 1st Upholder Void is Fire and Rev is Earth
    yay, not a lot of shadow, something different.
    If Rev (master) was released earlier, im sure it would impact the Earth tourny.
    Post #: 7
    12/13/2013 19:16:42   
    Hendrik

The tourny is still going on, so it might.

And someone predicted what the Upholder 5 hit combo is. Exactly like I pictured it.

The best animation is for the 1-hit ._.

@Below: Yeah, had 30k waiting for Earth CC, wasn't prepared for it leaving.

< Message edited by moroii -- 12/13/2013 19:31:43 >
    AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 8
    12/13/2013 19:29:02   
    BWMagician

Well, Rev Master being Earth is pretty interesting. Having more defense, but not so much DoTs(one of my favourite things about Rev was the DoT stacker)
    Kinda wishing they didn't remove the Earth CC when he came out.

@Above: Yeah, I just had 130k lying around(leveling from 1-20), waiting for Rev Egg, but since it wasn't gold, thought I'd get CC. Oh well, back to farming gold, lol.

< Message edited by BWMagician -- 12/13/2013 19:37:48 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    12/13/2013 22:49:27   
    DidYouKnowThat

So how's everyone liking these guys?

My view on Revontheus (Master): Pretty fun character. Although the most annoying bit I find about him is that he's like Blood Void. Part of his character, the weapons floating behind him mostly,
    really lag me because they keep re-appearing, you know what I mean? And when they do they cause some tiny shards to fly around and it just lags. Like how Blood Void keeps retracting his claws 24/7. Although the Lag from Rev isn't as bad as that.

His card-set is really fun I've got to say. Shields, Stun, Heal, he's a pretty good Earth Character for just a Master rank. Hopefully there is going to be a Legendary Rank next year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shame, 1st Upholder Void is Fire element. It's not too shabby, but I think it would've done better with maybe a Shadow/Water. Well just my opinions anyway.
    I think for him I'm going to try to get more Shields for his CC set, and maybe try to get a Corruption card or something. Haha, that'd be mighty fun.

And unfortunately my prediction was right- no Character tree.
    So in a gist: Add more Shields/Counter, and if I could get my hands on one, a Corruption card.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 12/13/2013 22:51:08 >
    Post #: 10
    12/13/2013 23:02:41   
    BJEBLE

@didyouknow More defense? That's crazy, I mean he has2 shields and 2 Iron Hides, add some Fire Whirls and Burns in there. Or a Corruption.
    EDIT: Also, I use a minimum of 6 Corruptions for my CC, any less is unacceptable.

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 12/13/2013 23:03:40 >
    DF  Post #: 11
    12/13/2013 23:04:51   
    The Finnish Phoenix

We must spread the hexacorruption gospel far and wide BJEBLE!

Oh and Rebirth Void is the best Fire character ever. Master Rev isn't as good as Taurus, its lack of Mountain Strikes is unfortunate.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 12/13/2013 23:07:00 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
    12/13/2013 23:31:37   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

@TFP that be why Taurus is legendary and Rev is master.
    @BJEBLE is there a limit to the amount of a specific cc card you can get? I know of having 6 101 cards, but 6 corruptions?
    Post #: 13
    12/13/2013 23:33:26   
    The Finnish Phoenix

I guess that's true, but Ogre Mage is Legendary and Rebirth Void is Master.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
    12/13/2013 23:39:27   
    BJEBLE

@Bionic Bear there is no limit on the amount of a single card you can have.
    @TFP I personally like PWM/Evil Jim/ Infernal Fiend better, more offense. Also not having a single MS is not only unfortunate, it is unacceptable, I mean MS and Earthquake are the best Earth cards! Of course with this logic, I only got to like the 3rd or 4th round of the Earth Tourney, but it's still true.

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 12/13/2013 23:42:10 >
    DF  Post #: 15
    12/13/2013 23:39:46   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

VR doesn't have three fireballs and two incinerates, though.
    The difference is more subtle between the two of them than it is with taurus and rev.
    Post #: 16
    12/13/2013 23:47:20   
    BJEBLE

@Bionic Bear Ogre Mage's deck makes it very hard to draw a Fireball or Incinerate, as it is a 24 card deck.As I said earlier, Evil Jim/PWM/HHM are better(there is a difference between best character and favorite character, I should know this very well)because of they're smaller deck/better cards.
    DF  Post #: 17
    12/13/2013 23:50:42   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Void Rebirth is miles ahead of Ogre Mage. Its Iron Hide costs 0 Fire Energy and has no impact on its ability to heap tons of damage other than hand space, which is a negligible obstacle since Fire characters including VR have the high scale cost and benefit ratio cards necessary to convert their energy to damage without dumping their whole hand.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 12/13/2013 23:51:27 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
    12/13/2013 23:53:12   
    DidYouKnowThat

@Bjeble: Yes but really I don't feel safe with just 2 Shields. . .I know Ironhide, but eh. . .

I want more defense nevertheless. A good/decent defense + Fire-whirl and the occasional Nuke. That's what I like. :D Perhaps I'll add 2 Shields, 2 Firewhirls, and 1 Corruption? Or a Counter! :O

And this is also why I never actually wanted it to be a Fire character anyway. Too offensive. Shadow/Water I think would've been absolutely Perfect!

Anyways, it's about time I've made use of that CC update anyway. So far I've been taking people down with just skill.
    Post #: 19
    12/13/2013 23:53:16   
    BWMagician

My own review on Revontheus Master:
    He's a totally different character altogether. Not just because of the Earth Element, but also the cards. He has more defense, heals, damage, and the DoTs have been removed. He's a heavy damage dealer that can stun you twice. His heal can go from a tiny 100 up to 2000 with just 4 charge(though it would take a total of 16 charge for a 2000 hp heal). His cards have low cost, making him able to constantly make 3-hit and his deck improves chances of getting 5-hit combos greatly.
    When Earth CC comes back, I would say go for 3 525s and 2 Earthquakes, to get multiple hit combos more often, and moderate costing cards since his cards are mostly low, or maybe a Nature's Gift instead of one 525, if you would want more health.
    And lastly, he looks so fabulous in his 3-hit combo.

@Below: Unless you have a legendary light opponent like Seraphim of Ver, who can do 2k damage in one turn without CC, or a fire character that adds 600 damage to their pierces.

< Message edited by BWMagician -- 12/14/2013 0:14:43 >

Follow me on twitter!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    12/13/2013 23:58:40   
    The Finnish Phoenix

Yeah, the problem I have with Tree of Life is that Pierce cards aren't exactly terrifying enough to make 2000 Heal for 16 energy and 3 cards better than 2000 Defense for 12 energy and 2 cards.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
    12/14/2013 0:35:30   
    BJEBLE

@Did you know "The best defense is a good offense. And vice versa, but offense is way more fun." -Me. And when I say offense I mean from only using shields every 2 turns or so, to no shields at all.
    @TFP Yeah, Tree of Life would be a lot scarier if Rev was WAY more shieldy(Besides, I feel like ToL is supposed to make up for the Sacrifices instead, but that doesn't make it any better) , like 4 shields and 2 Stonewalls, because you would just heal all your damage back AND add more shields onto it, and then a stun. Sounds like Ice Beetle, except Ice Orb instead of Tree of Life. But add a MS onto him, and he would probably be perfectly balanced between offense and defense.
    DF  Post #: 22
    12/14/2013 0:41:03   
    DidYouKnowThat

Beautiful!

One big leap for Void-kind! Haha.

http://i42.tinypic.com/vs1gkx.jpg
    Post #: 23
    12/14/2013 0:57:16   
    Fallen Crest

Revontheus' deck is pathetic.

Rebirth Void's deck, however, is amazing!
    Meteorite, 2 Fire whirls, and not one, but TWO Iron Hides!? I'm in love!

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 12/14/2013 1:07:14 >
    AQW  Post #: 24
    12/14/2013 1:04:06   
    BJEBLE

@Fallen Lolwut, it has some quirks for an Earth deck, but I'd say it's pretty cool.
    DF  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes: 13th December, 2013 - 1st Upholder Void is LIVE!
    Page 1 of 3123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition