Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

SilentDuel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> SilentDuel?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/14/2013 11:21:27   
One Winged Angel1357

So recently I have started grinding away at missions on both One Winged Angel and OneWingedA to notice something I have most likely known about for ages. EpicDuel is a pretty quiet game once you are inside a battle.

You enter a duel and you are lucky to get any sort of comment from the enemy which is a far cry from when I started and you had a minor amount of conversation every now and then. Personally I think the imbalance and general amount of luck, good or bad, just kinda sours the attitude of duelists.

What is everyone's opinion on this matter just because a lot of you duel much more than I
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/14/2013 11:28:59   
Mother1

I notice that a bit as well unless I am dueling against people who I know in game or my buddies. But sometimes the saying Silence is golden isn't a bad thing. A lot of times when I am dueling against people who talk a lot most of them a very rude and disrespectful. Especially if they are either sore losers or bad winners.

Conversation like that is why some of my older buddies (meaning been here longer than myself) wish there was a mute button in game.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/14/2013 11:50:20   
Dual Thrusters

Yea, I pretty much stop talking if I'm in a bad mood. But I might also might be doing something at the moment.

With those rude players, I just pretend to be their mom and start nagging them like crazy. LOL I love their reactions!

With silent players, I just keep saying crap until they flip

Against silent players who are also Veterans, I just keep saying flattery like "Woa! That's one amazing win record you got!" or "I worshiped you during the Infernal war! You're the best!" and etc. Again, it's just for reactions :P

With friends and other friendly players I meet, yea just normal conversations. (Results may vary depending on the player's phase that he/she started in)

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/14/2013 12:28:45   
martinsen5

I always say gg at the end of a duel, whether the opponent said something or not. I also reply if someone says hi, but I don't mind if people don't respond as they could either be busy or just not speak english :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/14/2013 14:49:11   
GearzHeadz

Most of the time whenever I'm in a game if someone talks, its usually very negative or rude.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/14/2013 16:26:38   
Nexus...

Yeah I noticed this yesterday when I was playing my first couple of games in a very long time. Nobody talked to me! I tried, but they had nothing to say. The one response I got out of someone was "Too much luck". I always say gg, but nobody does to me. The since of community is almost non-existent in battle. I'm a little confused, but not surprised. Never surprised with ED anymore.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 6
12/14/2013 19:06:43   
ValkyrieKnight

quote:

GearHeadz : Most of the time whenever I'm in a game if someone talks, its usually very negative or rude.

I talk all the time. However when I do, people absolutely hate my guts. I'll talk when I notice someone can speak fluent English though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/20/2013 18:38:24   
veneeria

Well, our turns have timers, so if i am focused on winning, i will usually be mute and deaf.

But if you truly want an chat, i'd advise you to be the first to start the chat.
Make a joke or two, say hi.. Something!

You will get an answer or not, i guess it is to expect from an pvp focused game? Specially on 1v1 battles.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/20/2013 18:50:03   
Mother1

@ veneeria

Even back in the old days when I was coming up I used to get conversation from players. Heck even when I was near the level cap I still got conversation from most. Now unless someone knows me, I know them, or they are complaining about unfair match ups it is silent in battle.

But as I said before silence isn't always bad.
Epic  Post #: 9
12/20/2013 19:10:05   
Dual Thrusters

It also depends on the build you're using. If you're a happy-go-lucky tank, and it doesn't matter which attack you use before you launch your nuke, then it's easier to talk.

If you're a Glass Cannon where absolutely every turn counts, then there's no time to chat.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/20/2013 21:37:15   
Jekyll

quote:

a lot most of them a very rude and disrespectful. Especially if they are either sore losers or bad winners

This. As they always say, "if you have nothing better to say, then don't say anything." I actually prefer quiet battles then 5 minutes of getting harassed and having to make reports.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/20/2013 21:57:41   
Mysterion.

I like silence in a battle, I pretty much never say something.
Epic  Post #: 12
12/20/2013 22:14:27   
Stabilis

Communication has never, outside of lobbies, been a strength of EpicDuel for me. Battles are too fast. People go savage when the RNG takes effect. Some people are egotistical about builds as if it keeps the earth from dying... and an unpopular build is a crime. Some people even enter battles in rage mode.

I really wish EpicDuel could attract some older audiences.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
12/20/2013 22:50:23   
Predator9657

If you go into battle wearing cheap gear, you'll get a lot of random people commenting/asking about why you look like a noob when you're meant to be 36 xD
Epic  Post #: 14
12/21/2013 0:25:25   
Dual Thrusters

@CN

Well hehe, I play it :)

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/21/2013 21:47:24   
Jekyll

I just experienced another example of why "SilentDuel" would be much better.

I used Pyro Fly on a Tech Mage, meaning that I would disabled either Assimilate, Battery or Malfuction. My build works such that as long as I disable any skill, my chances of winning a TM goes up to around 80+%.

So, I disabled Assimilate (2nd best option), and after winning, I hear the jealous words of "that robot saved you". It's hilarious how the only words he could muster were those, and honestly, it makes him appear helpless, and makes me feel awkward.

People like these are the reason why I no longer say "hello" in battle, because one moment they can be chatting with you, and the next, spewing out words of jealousy and anger.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/22/2013 12:48:00   
danirasab
Banned

When i'm in a duel, i cannot be ask talking. too lazy.

Why can't they put a canned chat? which is easier then typing it!!!

EDIT:
secondly people have very old computers and when you try and talk, it takes 20 seconds to send the message after you have typed it which means you have missed your turn. I've seen these old rusty computers which have made me missed my turn.

< Message edited by danirasab -- 12/22/2013 12:49:59 >
Epic  Post #: 17
12/22/2013 16:34:34   
  Exploding Penguin

There definitely was more talk in past years. Now, a large percentage of words said during fights are rage comments at how you blocked or something.

If you want to start a conversation, you'd probably best ask your opponent something, except f4f. If you prompt them with a question they're somewhat obligated to answer.
Epic  Post #: 18
12/22/2013 20:04:41   
The Death Angel

I don't remember people being any nicer back in Beta, than they are today. I still hear the occassional "omg block", "deflect saved u", as I did many years ago.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
11/23/2014 6:27:09   
jbbill1

All the silent duel likers havent met me yet.At all points i try to talk
AQ  Post #: 20
11/23/2014 7:26:03   
Exodasbr

It seems to be the opposite for me. I get quite a few people talking in my battles.

If I have a quite battle I usually say something like what does that name mean or something funny.

AQW Epic  Post #: 21
11/23/2014 7:30:25   
Noobatron x3000

IMHO This is quite a few things rolled into one - People just got tired of the game and left for one -The ones that did stay are just so frustrated they don't talk.

The newer players are angry but live in hope.

Us old timers that have been here since beta know the problems with the game will never be fixed they've always been here - Bad balance - lack of content - Lack of options - I mean balance will never be perfected - But this game has never even got close to whats possible - At its peak this game was average at best , It left its peak along time ago.

I have no doubt this post will be deleted , But its the truth and the reason so many have left. And the few that remain play the game in a depressing silence stewing in anger. I don't play 1/10th as much as I used to and when I do I don't speak and often and rarely see anyone else speak.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 11/23/2014 7:31:16 >
Post #: 22
11/23/2014 8:22:54   
One Winged Angel1357

Actually this post is going to be locked. It is over a year old necrobump so now we just wait for the AK
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
11/23/2014 8:28:21   
The Jop

Whenever I see someone I know I say hello, or I respond to them if they say it first. When the other players are just speaking something else like Portuguese, I don't usually say anything. I also say "gg" normally to try to end the match on friendly terms. Other than that, people are normally looking at the other players' skills to plan their moves or they only have 15 seconds to act, so they don't have time to talk.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/23/2014 9:16:01   
SouL Prisoner

High level players normally don't care about talking to the low levels. (95% of the times) End of story.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> SilentDuel?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition