Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= December 19th, 2013 - A Legendary Release

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 19th, 2013 - A Legendary Release
Page 10 of 11«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/24/2013 1:35:02   
GearzHeadz

Its always been like that.

Unrelated, I see a big issue with rage since this release. People with 29 support are raging just as quickly as me with 45 support while dealing more damage.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 12/24/2013 1:50:43 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 226
12/24/2013 2:38:12   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Gearz
I disagree. It's terrible balance between skills, because you cannot choose to target one of two people it once again makes some skill weaker to the point they're unusable. Devs, just stop it already, balance the skills to prevent copycat builds.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 12/24/2013 2:39:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 227
12/24/2013 2:49:16   
edwardvulture

Its not the skills, its the stats. The striking high strength high hp high dex build works for any class. Its tech/support counterpart cannot compared to the dex/strength. Look at my thread in the balance part of the epicduel forums to discuss that specific problem.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 228
12/24/2013 2:57:00   
Shock Value

Why is everyone saying TM is OP right now? What build are they using?
Epic  Post #: 229
12/24/2013 3:07:15   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Edward Vulture
That is fairly true, but this is only the case for Bounty and Blood Mage as BM currently has no choice. I have no seen any kamikaze type builds except for these two classes. Again, if the more strategic skills such as poison (without hatchling) among the many, stun grenade weren't so weak, people would be able to diversify builds to use them. At this point quick kill is all we have because we'll drop like flies if we try to use otherwise.
AQW Epic  Post #: 230
12/24/2013 3:10:32   
i like bounty hunter

How I reacted to this update
Bounty hunters : swords and no massacre
Mercy : never seen one
Mages : energy heal loopers
Tactical mercs : again never saw one
Cyber hunter : never saw one
Blood Mage : sword

There is no block and everyone uses swords

Stats are broken , can't copy builds, can't even battle

The end
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 231
12/24/2013 3:24:47   
ValkyrieKnight

@ I like BH

LMAO !!!!!!!

Bounty is how bounty always been, Smoke, Drain, Robot rage if and or Strike til you're dead.

Mercs, you'll see one every now in then in 2v2 only
Mages Some fight, most tank heal loop.
Tact Mercs, every now and then more than Mercs
Cyber, haven't seen any successful cyber
Blood mage, yeah, we're around, you gotta squint your eyes to see us.
AQW Epic  Post #: 232
12/24/2013 3:37:17   
i like bounty hunter

Never ever fought a BH Without a sword or with massacre .......
It has changed
:(
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 233
12/24/2013 5:32:55   
Scyze

I woke up to play EpicDuel but now I don't want to play because all I see is Strength BHs and TMs.

I've decided to lose my way to Level 40 since I can barely win. My build now is just pure Energy, no Skills, I'm just going to strike.
Here's my build: https://twitter.com/Scyze24/status/415446784949776384

< Message edited by Scyze -- 12/24/2013 6:40:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 234
12/24/2013 7:28:42   
ansh0

I can't believe how often BH is the overpowered class and CH is the most neglected.

CH has no good skills besides poison.

Epic  Post #: 235
12/24/2013 7:37:42   
Steel Slayer

quote:

Never ever fought a BH Without a sword or with massacre .......
It has changed
:(

That's because massacre isn't worth the energy, compare it to other skills that add damage at same(or close) energy costs.

Massacre, at 330 energy, does +31%.
Double strike, at 330 energy gives....+50%.
Berzerker, 320 energy, +55%!
And Bludgeon only goes up to 280 energy at max, but STILL gives + 50%!

Yeah, Massacre is unblockable, and that's nice, but doesn't justify being this inefficient on damage.

Surgical strike is even worse(at least for mercs, TLM its less of an issue). Values given are for level 33 merc, 99 tech. Surgical, at level 2, costs 350 energy, does 593 damage. Bunker Buster, at level 7, does 594, and ONLY COSTS 270 ENERGY, AND ignores 20% armor, AND has +25% crit chance, AND can be used with rage. So for 80 damage less, it still does way more damage. Surgical gives back a little health, but not enough to make up for the ridiculous damage difference. Oh yeah, and surgical cant even be used at all until 4th turn. You COULD put more points into surgical, I suppose, but then it takes pretty much all of your energy to use, and with enough points to be dangerous, your opponents will just drain you, and then you're screwed. Mages get SOME use out of their ultimate, but only in certain builds. My point here, is that ALL of the "Ultimate" abilities in this game are pathetically underpowered and overpriced, and always have been.
Epic  Post #: 236
12/24/2013 7:40:35   
martinsen5

I still see a couple of massacre builds whenever I PvP. Those are usually the builds that kill me, too! When I don't bother looking at their skill trees because they're lower level anyway
AQW Epic  Post #: 237
12/24/2013 7:44:16   
danirasab
Banned

IMO, the problem with this game is the number of game modes which is a limiting factor.
I've seen many successful games with variety of game modes where the players loved it.

I hope the devs can think of a new game mode that is fun to play ;/.
Epic  Post #: 238
12/24/2013 7:47:20   
ansh0

Getting rid of static grenade and replacing it with EMP would be a good idea.
Epic  Post #: 239
12/24/2013 7:52:45   
axell5

i think it's because of their MoB + smoke combo. While smoke can make a whole in their defences WHILE have really good defences, MoB can regain you HP and with the str+high HP combo.. just....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 240
12/24/2013 7:54:33   
Scyze

As long as you have de-buffs, you'll do well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
12/24/2013 8:14:23   
martinsen5

@ansh0, It currently works more like EMP, with really bad EP regain.
AQW Epic  Post #: 242
12/24/2013 8:50:17   
Silver Sky Magician

Are the Asguardian faces out yet?
Post #: 243
12/24/2013 8:58:42   
Scyze

Yes they're out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 244
12/24/2013 9:05:44   
Silver Sky Magician

Oooh! Gotta check them out :D

EDIT: eh...underwhelming. Why are the eyes completely black D:

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 12/24/2013 9:14:14 >
Post #: 245
12/24/2013 9:06:54   
Calogero

I can't believe they are actualy going to keep BM brokenly UP with the Parasite Cap on...
It's things like this that grind my gear and then they expect us to ' deal ' with it =/

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 246
12/24/2013 9:12:42   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah, because they are binded to the game during Christmas. They are entitled as much to the time off, as you are. Bugfix may come after Christmas, but don't expect anything between today and the Boxing Day.

You get time off school/work, and so do they. It's a job, like any other. Of course it sucks, because BMs are crippled, but they can't work during Christmas either - just like how you get time off.
AQ Epic  Post #: 247
12/24/2013 9:13:38   
Scyze

Well the thing is, it's Christmas. Let the Developers have the week off with their families, they probably don't meet together commonly like most of us. I'm fine with the Developers having the week off too, they have a life!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 248
12/24/2013 9:16:04   
Calogero

off topic, I didn't get time off ;)
Some people work on Christmas and NewYear.

And from what I'm seeing it's not really Work that they have to do, it's remove a cap or add a 0 to that cap.
They decided to fix a Promo whatever the same day yet they can't fix a game crippling event on one of the classes?

And I really don't want to bash but what were the Balance testers doing with this release? It's like none of them even use Parasite...

@ Scyze

It's the holidays indeed, which means Childeren are done with school for the moment, Those same childeren that want to play ED and are playing as
a BloodMage have a few choices:
Change class even if they don't want to
Go on the bandwagon and use Strenght build or whatever works without Parasite
Don't play ED untill they release the fix

< Message edited by Calogero -- 12/24/2013 9:18:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 249
12/24/2013 9:23:06   
Scyze

You do realise that we don't have a lot of Testers, right? They are busy testing bugs, testing new things being added; they cannot just do what we want them to do.

The Developers work for a year, probably less, and when they get a week off, some people don't like it. Yes I know some people work during Christmas, and maybe on other days which we count as holidays, but that's how it is. AE isn't the same, and being game creators is a hard job - you have to be creative and someone who has patience, does everyone have those skills? Nope, some people don't even have one of them.

If you didn't get 'time off', then you should be at work 24/7. The Developers have week-ends off, probably, and they start work on Monday. When you go to school, doesn't it feel like a two-three week holiday is short? Well guess what? 1 week is even shorter.

Energy Parasite is a bug, which got reported... two days ago.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 [10] 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 19th, 2013 - A Legendary Release
Page 10 of 11«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition