Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Design Notes: 10th January, 2014 - Chinese New Year Release!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes: 10th January, 2014 - Chinese New Year Release!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/10/2014 17:53:30   
Skurge
The Dealer

quote:

Chinese New Year Release!
Posted on January 10th, 2014 by Nulgath

Releasing Later Tonight! Year of the Horse!

Character Release:

• Dynasty Warrior
  • Year of the Horse

Custom Card Element Rotation:

Fire and Water

Other Updates:
  • Warlic has optimized a number of characters to be less laggy. More characters will be optimized in the future.
  • Voidknight's ( The red one ) name has changed to Void of Nulgath to end the confusion between the shadow starter and the Void Knight
  • Founder shop and Xmas gifts is removed
  • Nulgath's Birthday Gift!
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    1/10/2014 17:57:30   
    Blade5

I can't wait for these chars tonight!
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
    1/10/2014 18:20:04   
    MentalDaemon

I wonder what Nulgath's B-Day Gift is. :3
    Post #: 3
    1/10/2014 18:40:53   
    DarkLore

Everyone's betting on DFR!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    1/10/2014 18:51:13   
    The Death Angel

It's dragonfiend rider. That hand is absolutely 100% the same shape as the Dragonfiend Rider we know of in AQWorlds, however the shape of the head in that shadow is a bit off.
    At this point it almost has to be Dragonfiend Rider, or something very alike.
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    1/10/2014 18:56:13   
    Jmagician

I'm liking how the game quality is being improved upon releases.
    AQW  Post #: 6
    1/10/2014 19:12:41   
    Lord Noonien Soong

I wonder if hell make it rare
    DF  Post #: 7
    1/10/2014 19:18:00   
    the warden

lord: if its bday shop possibly or it may be like rev where we can catch or buy it each year
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
    1/10/2014 19:21:26   
    BJEBLE

Dynasty Warrior?Hah, that almost sounds like...wait a minute, that's a game. Year of the Horse looks pretty cool too, I'm thinking Fire/Energy/Shadow for the element. Probably Fire to promote buying CC Packs.
    DF  Post #: 9
    1/10/2014 20:05:51   
    Lord Noonien Soong

I was meaning the chinese new year chars but I guess itd be interesting of what nulgath has in store for his b-day
    DF  Post #: 10
    1/10/2014 21:07:33   
    BJEBLE

@Lord Noonien Oh yeah, of course its going to be rare, seasonal rare that is.
    DF  Post #: 11
    1/10/2014 21:39:39   
    DidYouKnowThat

Server restart! New Update! Yes! Time to find out what it is.! :)
    Post #: 12
    1/10/2014 21:50:21   
      Kiyone

Interesting, the update gave a change to the XMas Elf decks. Were the 2 healing spring were remove for 2 refresh and the 2 shattered where change to 2 frostbites. Bit surprise they did that. While I'm not a fan of her having refresh. I think it would have better synergy then healing springs for her and I do enjoy frostbite cards better then shattered.

Now to see if any new characters are hidden in the wild.

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 1/10/2014 21:53:59 >
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    1/10/2014 21:52:07   
    The Death Angel

It was a very well deserved nerf in every aspect I could think of. Though 2 shatters for 2 frostbites is a bit questionable, but I saw this coming from a mile away.
    I would personally thank the Devs/testers for actually doing something about Xmas Elf, thank you.
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    1/10/2014 21:53:48   
    Axel459
    The Void Calls

They should have let her keep the two shatters the healing springs being switched for refresh I'm fine with
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
    1/10/2014 22:04:59   
    survivor39

@Axel
    I agree with you..the shatters shouldn't have been changed...I'm kinda disappointed..
    I mean frostbite is one of the most useless card in my opinion...
    Xmas elf was going to be one of my main Ice chars and I levelled her up to lvl 17 hoping to get to lvl 20...
    But now her card deck's changed, she'll probably be one of the first chars I'll delete when a delete char button is made.
    I'm not angry but I wish Nulgath gave us a head's up before he changed her deck like with Taro, etc..

Anyway, I am glad though that Warlic has optimized some of the chars...

By the way, is the birthday gift released yet?
    Post #: 16
    1/10/2014 22:09:18   
    Megadragonknight

I hate that Shatter were replaced by Frostbite. Anyway, the Dynasty Warrior and Year of the Horse is amazing!
    Post #: 17
    1/10/2014 22:14:03   
    Beck

@Survivor
    No, Nulgath's gift is most likely coming next week since his birthday is next week.

Also, we WERE warned that Xmas Elf's deck might be changed; that was hinted at in the balance discussion thread.

The 2 new water characters seem to be shop only, I'm afraid xP Animation wise, the Dynasty warrior is like ninja and Crypt Samurai, and the Horse is like Headless Horseman's pony. Both are ok, but not spectacular. There actually seems to be a bit of a problem (graphically, not game breaking) with the Horse's animation; standing wave xD

The decks look strong though and would need testing to see their worth.

< Message edited by Beck -- 1/10/2014 22:15:14 >
    AQW  Post #: 18
    1/10/2014 22:14:56   
    DidYouKnowThat

@survivor39: I believe that gift will arrive on the 17th? After all, he should have revealed what it was before releasing it. . . . right? But then again, maybe I'm wrong. . .

@MDK: Yeah. . especially since X-mas Elf was a Legendary, the Shatters should have been left alone maybe. Or at least not overtaken by Frostbite. -_-
    Post #: 19
    1/10/2014 22:15:59   
    JoelJ1998

Dynasty Warrior is somewhat blurry when you go into a fight. Might be just me though
    DF AQW  Post #: 20
    1/10/2014 22:18:58   
    survivor39

@Beck
    Oh ok... wasn't following the balance thread...
    Anyway...yeah..I think the general feeling is that the shatters should have been left (Haven't read the balance thread so I could be wrong)...I'm happy with the refresh cards..
    Post #: 21
    1/10/2014 22:19:26   
    Assassin01

Yay a water character that I actually want to use! Glad he's not too expensive, 25k isn't bad.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
    1/10/2014 22:27:03   
    The Death Angel

quote:

29/12/13 The Death Angel: I'm not sure whether to level her up for a while, I know she'll get nerfed at some point. There is no way that they'd leave Xmas Elf like this, she is just too good to be true in my opinion.

Just leaving it here. 2 shatters for 2 frostbites was a bit much, but 2 weeks of facing Xmas Elves PvP matches that lasted for 10 minutes was more than enough for me to not care about the Elves anymore.
    I fought a lvl 2 Dynasty warrior with my lvl 15 Void Champ. I almost died and I didn't even notice how I lose like 3k HP before I could finish him. Thought I was about to get completely and utterly embarassed, lol.
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    1/10/2014 22:30:01   
    Megadragonknight

@DYKT
    Yeah.

@Death Angel
    Andlu is so not going to be happy when he hear this.
    Post #: 24
    1/10/2014 22:46:23   
    DidYouKnowThat

@MDK: Eh. Xmas Elf isn't Perma-rare. . .so he won't get that annoyed. . . . .maybe? :P

@Death Angel: Dynasty Warrior is that strong? o-o
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Design Notes: 10th January, 2014 - Chinese New Year Release!
    Page 1 of 3123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition